Eth

>eth

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy ethereum.

buy eth u stupid nigger, now is the only time.
this

Wait... I thought you said yesterday was the only time?

nobody in their right mind would buy a crypto while its breaking new high's, now that 60mil got frozen u better jump on or invest in kneepads.

>catching falling knives

But you told everyone that it wasnt too late and that yesterday was a perfect time to buy. So were you just mistaken?

I don't really see whats funny. It's current worth about $15 which is the higher than it's been for all but the last two weeks through its life.

vs bitcoin it is far worse than it's been in a long time.

Wait it will fall down way more

That's the most retarded way of looking at it ever.

BTC has risen in value significantly by about 50%, so of course everything else has a lower conversion rate with BTC.

USD is the base currency of the world, thats what you should be looking at.

By that same stupid logic, you could say

OH MY GOD THE USD IS CRASHING. ITS DOWN 33%!!!! It's dropped from 1 USD = 0.002 BTC to 1 USD = 0.00133 BTC! THE USD IS DOOMED!

It has absolutely nothing to do with the USD, or ETH. It's solely because BTC has risen.

Now, the recent dump in ETH is because of ETH (or DAO to be more precise).

Not retarded at all. BTC is the base currency of crypto. USD is the base currency of BTC.

Besides dummy, if ETH is losing value vs BTC, that means BTC is doing better as an investment.

> if ETH is losing value vs BTC, that means BTC is doing better as an investment.

Wrong, and this just shows your complete lack of understanding.

Despite ETH losing value against BTC over the past month, it's actually generated a higher ROI than BTC over the same period (up until this DAO hack, of course).

>btc breaking all time highs of $.01
>Don't buy user

>OH MY GOD THE USD IS CRASHING. ITS DOWN 33%!!!! It's dropped from 1 USD = 0.002 BTC to 1 USD = 0.00133 BTC! THE USD IS DOOMED!

Yeah, you actually could say something like that and not be far off base.

youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg

OH MY GOD.

In february...
1 USD = 0.52 AMD stocks

Now...
1 USD = 0.19 AMD stocks!

USD IS FUCKED, ITS DYING.
OH MY GOD

1 week ago
1 USD = 3 BANANAS

now after a tropical storm
1 USD = 1 BANANA

THE USD IS FUCKING DOOMED

Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Ethereum gained popularity as being a business platform of sorts, and now businesses will never, EVER consider using it after the hack?

ETH was not hacked.

DAO was hacked.

Thinking this hack reflects badly on ETH is like thinking the USD is bad because a 7-11 got robbed and someone took USD from the till.

>ETH was not hacked.
>DAO was hacked.
lol.. just lol.

lmao Veeky Forums cucks eth shills get what they deserve

Dude as long as whatever thing you are comparing to the USD is liquid, it isn't incorrect to say. Calm your tits, how much money did you actually lose for fuck sake?

Is right, not only that this "decentralized" platform clearly has some centralized controls, as we seen during the crash. That alone should kill any faith left in this.

The only 'lol' thing is your understanding of the situation.

The DAO ICO involved people buying DAO Tokens by sending ETH to the DAO.

The DAO was exploited, and the ETH that was sent to the DAO was taken.

No one actually had their ETH stolen except The DAO.

Profit: $143,672.72

Was about $164k yesterday

Not concerned, just buying up more cheap ETH.

This is true you mong, the ethereum blockchain wasn't hacked, just a smart contract built with the blockchain technology. It wasn't even "hacked", his code just sucked and someone exploited his shitty code.

The fact that ETH allows such a shitty code shows the flaws of ETH. Fucking Turing Complege shit.

Do some research you swine. This has nothing to do with ETH.

The DAO wrote shitty code, and The DAO had their ETH stolen.

Shits fucking pointless anyway. BTC is capable of smart contracts.

>Do some research you swine
How large is your fedora collection?

Agreed you are smart please sell all your ether to me at $14 and get out while you still can

>Do some research you swine. This has nothing to do with ETH.
Nice argument. It has a lot to do with ETH. That's the whole point of ETH, that it basically allows any kind of code.

>call someone out for making up shit on the internet
>get attacked by memelords

My fedora collection is as huge as your life is worthwhile.

Still no arguments

>implying I ever bought into this shit
I'm flipping all kinds of Bitcoins with my thumb

Yes, and ETH can only be stolen from people who give their ETH to the people who write shitty code, such as The DAO.

>who give their ETH to the people who write shitty code
and until a few hours ago, literally almost every ETHcucks have their ETHs to DAO. You basically won our arguiment for me. Thank you for saving my time.

Sounds like a bright future you got there for ETH and it's intended purposes.

SWINE
W
I
N
E

Do you understand that "The DAO" is just "a DAO" and the hack represents a fundamental flaw in the ETH architecture?

*almost every ETHcuck gave

.. and the consequence is a hard fork. Yea, ETH has absolutely nothing to do with it. Top fucking kek. You shouldnt believe everything that dropout Vitalik tells you.

You'd do great on a debate team.

It represents a flaw in The DAO's coding. Has nothing to do with ETH, read about it.

ETH will not be forking at all. If The DAO has lost all their ETH, so be it. That's none of Ethereums concern.

>If The DAO has lost all their ETH, so be it. That's none of Ethereums concern.

See

Also swine

nope, it is more like USD being affected by 9-11

and it was.

Yeah, damn.

A minor bump in the road, which is completely fixable.

MtGox was so much worse, and that totally killed BTC, right?

There will be a hard fork because it's neccessary and your dropout boy is propopsing one. At the same time a hard fork will literally be the death of ETH.

>MtGox
Nice meme

That had nothing to do with BTC and everything to do with MtGox, how fucking stupid are you swine?

>MtGox was so much worse, and that totally killed BTC, right?
lol.. MtGox wasn't caused by a flaw of BTC. What a bad and stupid example. ETH cucks try everything to save their dying shit.

Can you explain to me what a hard fork is and why it will be the death of ETH?

Simply said, a hard fork would be an update for ETH which isn't compatible with the older version of ETH. If Vitalik actually gets the fork through, nobody will trust ETH anymore because that would be a statement of him being in control of ETH. How do you know they're not going to revert a transaction or contract you've made if they don't like it?

Exactly my point idiot. Learn to argue.

And The DAO hack was not caused by a flaw in ETH.

>And The DAO hack was not caused by a flaw in ETH.
Yes it was but obviously you're too retarded to understand that. ETH is Turing Complete and this will cause many similar problems in future, guaranteed. People will get scammed and hacked over and over again.

This. Imagine if you made a 'Vitalik is a faggot' dapp and they shut it down.

MtGox didn't result in the dev team trying to break the immutability of the blockchain. If they end up going through with the proposed hardfork to "recover" ~30% of coins that idiots who put their eths on DAO lost it'll set up an extremely powerful precedence dooming the whole coin as it opens up the Ethereum Foundation and/or the core dev team to class action lawsuits and other legal shenanigans to force them to revert whatever bug comes up in any future dapp, "bugs" backed in dapps or just plain old fuckery any sufficiently powerful entity wants to push for through courts

Jesus Christ man. MtGox was an exchange. Do you know what an exchange is? Exchanges are not functions of the products they provide.

DAO is a function of ETH, you dense fucking swine.

BTC is a currency, it's purpose is to be traded. An exchange IS the function of BTC.

lol this guy

You're fucking retarded swineboy.

That's like saying Wal-Mart is a function of corn.

Lol
this

>more cheap coins for me!

When ppl start saying this we are in the dumping phase

Lel

Vitalik (or anyone) can't just push a hard fork through himself, the miners have to vote on it, that's the point

This right here is why I just sold off half my holdings.

Damn man....am I fucked what have i done.

Fuck what should i do. I invested 80 percent of my savings into this after being shilled on Veeky Forums for months! I want out of this nightmare train ride!!!

Suicide hotline.

>200 million was invested into a contract that wasnt audited

>implying they aren't very analogous breaches

Mt gox was hacked because the code they wore to build the tool was insecure. Not the platforms fault, but obviously impacted the platform as a whole.

Thedao was hacked because the contract (read: code) it was built on was insecure. Not the platforms fault, but obviously impacted the platform as a whole.

BTC survived, no reason eth won't. We've likely seem the market peak for a while though.

The only consequence this far is a soft fork do disable the hacked funds from being spent. Miners will decide if the hard fork occurs once the terms of the hard fork are laid out.

past 6 months btc up 50% and ether up over 500%

Have any of you read about the "hack" or are we just guessing what happened and pulling conclusions out our ass? silly bitcucks

>don't worry guise, it's unhackable

wasn't hacked