How is it that people like 69 tekashi and lil pump somehow captured and reincarnated the aesthetics and edge of kings...

How is it that people like 69 tekashi and lil pump somehow captured and reincarnated the aesthetics and edge of kings row era punk fashion and music?

They didn't. The only parallels are related to talent and attitude, not execution.

face tattoos and colored hair

they didn't
that being said looking 'rock'n'roll' through ages has been about looking dangerous to some degree, so often incorporating transgressive, edgy and socially unacceptable things
in this case it's face tattoos, that's it essentially

They are pussies and cannot be compared to the former. I really doubt we will ever see any of the soundcloud "rappers" wear a swastika or anything similarly controversial. They are playing it safe to please their audience and don't capture the attitude of someone who doesn't give a fuck.

/thread it's all an act, not an actual way to express your true edgyness, which no one does nowadays

/thread

Also, Lil Pump and Tekashi come off as famewhores. Sid just did his own thing and was famous. Soundcloud rappers are more tryhard by showing off money and drugs, almost as if to say, "SEE TWITTER FOLLOWERS? I AM SO COOL."

BTFO

Sid only did his thing after being at the mercy of a fashion designer who literally invented his look.

newsflash:sid was a pussy and a bitch too...

The usage of bright colors in hair and clothing originally comes from Jamaica, its some really ghetto stuff in combination with facial tattoos. I think it might seem similar by the jamaican rudeboy influence in mod culture.

Spot on user, many early (post) punks and mclaren took a big influence from Jamaicans e.g. joy division, this heat, the fall, the slits, etc

Except that guy with an Anne Frank face tattoo.

Is there any celebrities today who could get away with wearing a swastika?

Mel Gibson, Sam Hyde, Richard Spencer, etc

You're right, but Joy Division took almost nothing from Jamaican culture, what are you talking about

So many others did, why choose bad examples. The Clash, Serge Gainsbourg

arnold is sick

Oh yeah, shure, these black guys are such faggots for not wearing swastikas and other racist symbols

no U

Holy fucking hell that's funny.

THE ONLY GIRL I'VE EVER LOOOOOOVED

iirc Ian was a Keith Hudson and Augustus Pablo fan. Those guys also inspired him to play the melodica (on Decades and In A Lonely Place). Its a slight influence sure but it's notable.

Where have you been, swastikas aren't edgy anymore

A fucking nigger