M A R S C O R E

When Musk gets us to mars, Lunarcore is going to be obsolete. Therefore, we must design a new core designated Marscore

Marscore follows in the footsteps of Lunarcore, being extra planetary in inspo but with a more mars-oriented theme in the colouration. Instead of greys and whites dull reds and oranges could work. See pic related for early inspo. The underlying scheme is dark oranges/coppers/dark greys/blacks with a tech feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svnhNtZNFao
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympus_Mons
imgur.com/gallery/qmwTv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i don't follow

OP wants lunar core but with browns and reds instead of whites and light colors.

Seems cool, I'll monitor this thread.

I don't get it what's the difference

Literally just the color. It might also include some hiking boots and desert wear, but that it. I'm honestly not sure if it can be considered a separate core, its more of a subset of lunar core.

What's lunar core

Its creating outfits similar to what lunar settlers and astronauts would theoretically wear. consider it a tech wear mixed with 21st century futurism.

So then, lunarcore should just be called "spacecore"

Astro-whats?

Basically the clothing and fashion trends we'd expect when we colonised mars. Also I'm op and if this shit takes off I claim creation of it

Pic related

no

I wonder if /marscore/ should have more desert like elements in it to make it distinct from /lunarcore/, like the pic.

Yea but less... Jahovas-witness-looking

Like so?

I goofed

Marscore is my shit I've been thinking the same got a fit I can post and some inspo and color pallets when I get home were on the same wavelength right now

I dig it. What shoes are you wearing with this?

Marscore inspo:

youtube.com/watch?v=svnhNtZNFao

People talked about marscore on recent lunarcore threads though?

I think what you're seeing as a definitive genre or sub-genre of a pre-existing one, I think that the core essence of what you're getting at is a very particular era in science fiction, at that point where there was still a sort of outlaw/roaming
lawman western sort of vibe happening a lot because it's what was most relate-able at the time of its inception. A lot of pulp novels and comics featuring spacefarers and beatified galactic explorers, The look I'm seeing here is borrowed heavily from traditional & pre-popularized themes found in war fiction & american westerns.
I'm thinking that the fundamental difference is the period at which we're most commonly mining for inspo. Less like ALIEN and more like Pic Related. Eh? Nah?

Yes exactly

I like to imagine an inhabited mars with a military and what that military would look a lot like the Artemis book by Andy wier but on mars not the moon

Reminds me of dead future ex military stuff you used to do

Totally! Even the original Star Wars had western influences.

Don't own any mars core shoes yet but have done some brain storming

Shoe dump

OH BABY
I'm in love.

Most likely, early Mars exploration will be done by government agencies, or as partnerships with corporations. Clothing and equipment will be drawn from existing logistical supply chains and developed as needed. Utility will be paramount (form follows function) colors and style will follow government/military specification. One concern on Mars will be protection against radiation from the Sun. Clothing and protective equipment design will be dictated by that primary concern. Reflective colors,textures, and surfaces will dominate, I think. Of course, there will be personal items mixed in, every scifi movie has characters wearing Hawaiian shirts, sports team gear, and random items to personalize each one. On the other hand, everyone might be restricted to some sort of generic, standard issue flight suit.

Dats mountain climber shit

Cheers, I knw I stumbled through writing that. don't forget to check out re-issued or repro tom sachs nike shit - he did a whole collection of shoes, coats and bags specifically for the mars look. G-star has some coats that work exactly like Pic Related, have better build IME, and can actually be found since Gstar hired aitor throup and has been letting him make weird ass shit of all sizes for people with normal incomes.

I always wished there was a way to get denim in all this mess somehow, but no, it doesn't, I'm not sure. Maybe space trucker. huh.

I was just thinking of kurosawa and lucas, no doubt.

I just thought of it this morning. First full thread though.

Just busting your balls thanks for making the thread I've been dreaming up marscore fits for a couple weeks all my shits on my home pc but I'll dump my mars folder tomorrow

Man I wish I hadn't slept on these

Perfect for the tallest mountain in the solar system!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympus_Mons

Looking forward to it!

I love when we actually talk science!! Are you guys in love with this stuff like I am? Post telescope pics?

imgur.com/gallery/qmwTv

God I wish that was me elon musk is a hero

I would love to hear his ideas on mars gardening inside habitats and eventual wild vegatation

I'm picturing something more along the lines of Ice Cube in the John Carpenter film Ghosts of Mars.
Workwear in muted colors mixed with tactical gear, red camo, and lots of black leather.

I've been doing this since 2013, fuck off.

All love man you can be king mars

Also got any fits I would love to see some much love

this whole thread is a plot by musk shills. they’re trying to introduce a “musk supporter mars fanatic” sort of uniform. the people in these unforms will learn to be more infatuated with musk and nasa. eventually, munk will buy nasa. those in the uniforms will swear allegiance to the great musk space tech program of america. they will begin to take military contracts, giving the american military acess to teach lifht years ahead of the rest. they will use the revenue from this to continue to explore space to ensure their continued enslavement on the minds of space nerds.

That actually sounds fun.

I'm kidding bro, just russlin jimmies ;)
Honestly I'm just glad to see other people doing this stuff.
Although truthfully I have been incorporating space exploration and sci-fi elements heavily for the last five or six years. I'll see if I can find some photos, but my main hard drive failed recently so yeah.

nice try, shill

YES! Sign me the fuck up!

Shit he's right it's the Elon army

marscore color pallet

dumping some stuff from my mars folder

>when musk gets us to mars
So never?

okay fine we will dress the robots in cool fits

I remember that movie being terrible, am I off?

Yes it was pretty terrible. But also fun.
Like pretty much all of John Carpenter's films.