Why do rich people tend to dress like poor people?

Why do rich people tend to dress like poor people?

What are you on about? You want them to dress regently like kings?
They are trying to be normal
t. poor person

Why do poor people like overspending?

cant i just browse Veeky Forums in peace without seeing this fucks face in every thread

rabbi "beg for money" peterstein isnt rich

>works maybe 15 hours a week
>is easily pulling in 150K+ a year
>not rich
?

>150k in Toronto
>rich
Lmao

They feel no need to signify their wealth.

Rich people dont become rich by dressing like a bunch of retarded 16 year olds

>150K

The dude makes AT LEAST 700k a year on patreon and he probably makes 6 figures working at uni.

They are smart enough to know that flaunting wealth is immature and fruitless

They didn't get rich by caring about what they're wearing all the time

why so many successful ppl with instagram accounts showing off all their shit?

Yeah, they inherit it from papi and mami

I know he hasnt taught for 2 yrs so the patreon thing pretty much allowed him to retire. What a great fuckin invention lol

He makes about 60k per month from patreon alone.

>t. salty soyboy that has nothing to offer society let alone the people in his immediate vicinity or those who choose to be around him so he makes passive aggressive posts on a """""""fashion"""""" forum
>i hope people like my fits tho

Most wealthy people dress the way they always dressed, even before they were rich, barring any professional standards that may exist. Those that flaunt inherited, familial wealth, demonstrate conspicuous consumption because they grew up in it and that's the norm for them. Then there's the "wanna-bes". The aspiring middle class that's pissing away $$$ on shit like Vineyard Vines, trying to pretend that they have $$$, when their living on credit cards. Then there's personal taste. There's no explaining that.

This is totally incoherent. If you switch the clauses in the first 'sentence' it sort of makes sense.

Nah, that was pretty coherent greentext sperging.

>implying you need alot of money to live in shithole Toronto

because pigs with lipstick etc

Peterson is a 52 year old man that has been making huge money for less than 2 years. He is not interested in impressing a bunch of 20 year olds on the internet with his 'fits'. He's trying to reach as many people as he can so they start pursuing meaningful things and accepting responsibilities.

> He is not interested in impressing a bunch of 20 year olds on the internet with his fits
nah, he's trying to impress a bunch of 20 year olds on the internet with his shit philosophy and badly constructed arguments instead

ebin

Why don't you cook your own shit philosophy with badly constructed arguments and start raking in 50k a month? If you're able to point out how easily one might construct such a scheme you can surely do better.

>youre just a hater look how much he earns!!!!

Read a fucking book, cretin.

Stay jelly, small son. :^)

Start with the Bible and the Greeks, and go from there.

Come back to this thread in 8 years and then we'll talk, troglodyte.

Enjoy your conman telling you sweet little lies that suit your short term needs until then.

I have depression, also i feel guilty as hell buying expensive clothes with my dad's money while i make zero dollars as a grad student.

I have depression, also i feel guilty as hell buying expensive clothes with my dad's money while i make zero dollars as a grad student. Even when i start making money i feel like i'll have a hard time dropping money on clothes. I want to look good, i love to follow fashion, but i can't bring myself to buy any of it.

Die of AIDS you fucking cunt.

I guarantee that Peterson is more educated than you. You would never even be accepted for a janitor position at Harvard, let alone an adjunct professor.

had to check if I'm on /pol/ for a second.

>Being transgender
k then

Get your priorities in order and learn to have patience

That nigga not rich

>8,026 Patrons
>MINIMUM charge is $10 a month
8,026 x 10 = $80,260 monthly MINIMUM
$963,120 annually

why do people even give him money? What does he give in return?

only american credit card debt "rich" need to be flashy

Oh please European nouveau riche all have their own brands, visit the same shops and drive the same cars.
And old money is even worse in that regard. They go to even more obscure places just to make sure they don't buy the same stuff as both the plebs and nouveau riche.

Because rich people have cash and don’t need to project their wealth through their clothes, they have nothing to prove. Where poor fags will not eat for weeks but wear Louis and Gucci to project a sense of wealth. Fashion is fuckin comical at times.

he tells them sjws are bad

Real hero. Not like the whole fucking internet is full of these losers already

they are too rich to care about looks

1. Because eventually you have so much money you don’t feel the need to flaunt it anymore for validation. Your bank account gives you your validation now.
2. Rich people are often hard working and therefore tend to have different priorities. This is of course doesn’t apply to rich kids who may flaunt it more.

Also I’m not sure if I’d consider Jordan Peterson lmao

This

>JBP
>not rich
Neck yourself you fat basement-dwelling cunt, he probably makes more in a week than you do in a year.

Fuck this made me realize you don't need to be that popular to make cash on the internet. Time to start some shitty "vlog."

Yeah it's not hard to motivate lethargic suicidal internet Bois. They just need someone to help rationalize away the shitheads they were growing up. He' hitting an easy target.

Just because you can become rich without having any sense of style or concern for fashion. I don't really know anything about Jordan Peterson or his financial situation but he's a psychology major who makes internet videos, so it should be expected.

>implying philosophy was ever for the pleb
>implying it isnt the job of a father figure to take what little he may understand about true philosophy and communicate it through mythology and parable to children.

>implying JP isnt just filling this intermediary role for many people who lack father figures

>implying he needs to be a hard philosopher

>you don't need to be that popular
He is extremely popular among the anti-SJW demographic which is one of the largest growing demographics.

*blocksh your path*

Yeah I guess the problem is the people who will give the most money are people who are offended by something or other, so you have to pretend to care about things.

>Durr clean ur room?

>WOW WHAT A GENIUS LET ME DONATE HUNDREADS OF DOLLARS TO THIS GUY EPICCC WIN

You can't target intelligent people if you want money user

i guess youre right, makes sense why high-end brands keep making money

>t. dirty room

With money, I would at least tailor everything.

hobo that just raided a department store core

You know it's not one guy donating those hundreds of thousands of dollars, right?

There's a reason they're rich
They invest money into stuff that will make them more money instead of expensive clothes

-smokes and mirrors
-living off credit isn't being successful
-neither is having a rich daddy

Like raving on the internet to incels about sjw etc?

INB4 someone tries to argue with you that his userbase isn't r/incels

>makes 6 figures working at uni
Only if he's a provost or higher. Professors make next to nothing.

>Professors make next to nothing.

*sniff*

Oh right. I'm on Veeky Forums, where all the kids think 60k is a lot of money.

because Rich people don't waste money on clothes, look at Bill Gates riches man on the planet but dresses like he shops at the cheapest stores

>he thinks jordan bee peterson makes 60K

↓↓↓↓ Can you niggers not read?

He didn't appear out of nowhere. He's been preaching the same things for longer than most people ITT have been alive. It's just that he now is prepared and in the right place at the right time, so the result is making over a million dollars a year. I don't want to say he was 'lucky', but I will say that the current political climate is bringing his success. You can try to do what he does, but you won't have his experience of 20+ years preaching this stuff.

who r u even?

>professors make 150K
what fantasy is this?

Is peterson youre substitute father?

How much do you think he makes?
I mean the figures are posted here

Professors from reputable universities do make this much, and their salaries are also freely accessible information (if public). Might not be in the case of your community college but this is what it's like at real schools

clean your room, faggot!

Is that a Chris-chan cosplay?

Plenty of highly educated people think he's dumb. That doesn't seem like a good defense.

name five

No.

checkmate Veeky Forumstheists

you showed him :^)

>Plenty of highly educated people think he's dumb.
Like that transgendered "professor" that he shred like wet paper? Oh....

If you are rich and your wealth/career isn't tied to you being fashionable/looking your best (actor/musician/model/etc), then yeah why bother wearing anything other than what you find comfortable.

Peterson is dressed pretty well for an academic. You should see my CS Profs.

Professors dress differently depending on the college they're a part of. Professors in business colleges dress in suits, but liberal arts professors can get away with jeans.

from what i've seen business profs just wear sport jackets with jeans

he actually works over 12 hours a day

Soon

you do realize that people give him money monthly, and theres prolly alot of people who have continued to support him right?

Yup. Saw a trending video on YouTube where the title was something “grocery shopping now that we’re full-time vloggers”. It’s incredibly disheartening that these retards have enough of a retarded fan base to to support them well-off financially (all these professional vloggers live luxuriously). Holy fuck I should have capitalized on it 6 years ago, but now I’m just a bitter PhD student struggling financially

Is this meme magic real?

just his patreon makes him like 60k a month, that without couting his best seller book
dude is on that +1 million a year time

I wouldn't wanna flaunt my wealth around, it just makes you a target for robbers and people who want your money.

>t. poorfag