Anybody unbranding clothes here?

I know some girl working in the wardrobe dep for films and her boss always buys dégriffé clothing, basically designer/vintage/thrift pieces where the labels are removed. Generally speaking it helps you judge the fit and the quality better by removing the branding bias, but Ive got in to the habit of removing logos and rebranding everything I own and think clothing looks so much better without those gaudy things.
Who here rebrands their clothing too?

**DE-BRAND** not rebrand.
I hate autocorrect for anybody wondering

and this is or at least was maison margiela's focal point for some time, this is why they had a blank tag but now its sorta weird

welcome to the club!

I'm old enough to remember adjuster trying to make a huge deal of their blackspot to corner the angry anarchist dollars but their champagne still rang true to me and to this day I shun anything with an apparent logo, or remove any when I buy pieces of clothing.

I don't wear anything with visible branding unless it's extremely subtle to the point where nobody would notice it. I just don't like it, I'm not an advertisement you know?

So you also don't wear anything with a significantly distinguishable design that can be attributed to a certain brand? It doesn't take a logo as big as superdry's to make a piece attributable to a company.

>So you also don't wear anything with a significantly distinguishable design that can be attributed to a certain brand?
Not really. Everything I wear is pretty classic and has been done by several brands.

You're missing the point. If a certain cut or a detail is the tell tale sign of a certain brand, so be it. But if it's a trade mark or a copyrighted logo, it can fuck right off I'll unseat/rip/cut it off asap.

It really does just make everything better if you can't see a logo. Much more tasteful if you don't know what brand it is unless your recognize some feature of the construction itself. Personally the only piece with branding that I have is the shoulder patch of a jacket. I'm afraid it'll ruin the waterproofing if I take it off since it's stictched on

Fair enough.

Why even buy anything that has visible branding?

I always try to avoid logos but with shoes I find it really difficult. I feel like I'm destroying the piece if I'm cutting bits off of it.

Dont worry about it m8. I actually pick shoes on their capacity to be debranded; reebok npc II for example, pf flyers. I even sliced the embossed merely logos off a pair of winter boots and they look much better for it now.

I never wear anything that has a logo on it so I don't really feel concerned by your issue. I've also noticed that 90% of the time, branded clothing offers much less quality / interest for a similar price compared to unbranded shit so I would not even consider buying branded clothes to take the logo off

This desu

Or you know, you can just buy shoes that don't have visible logos on them. It will spare you the hassle of taking them off and you'll also probably end up with a higher end product

Sliced this off of a sweater I got. Looks much cleaner now desu

i have some branded stuff (mostly band tees but some supreme graphics and shit as well) that i don't mind, but i do remove the tags of carharrt and dickies pants and shit coz i think they look much cleaner without

anyone have links on how to de-brand TNF?

I don't buy visible branding, and I removed the label tags except on stuff with decent resell value or vintage pieces where I feel I'd be removing historical value.

this.

I try to stay away from obvious branding, but actively ripping the stuff off seems very tryhard to me.