Leave Veeky Forums forever

Fashion is mostly an autistic passtime for hyperconsumerist trust fund kids

Pic related is an archetypal good, sensible fit: Simple, color-coordinated casual wear with a slight edge. It shows people you care enough not to be a slob, yet aren't obsessed and willing to drop small fortunes on pieces of cloth with a trendy label

You don't need to browse 10 fashion websites/imageboards on a daily basis to achieve this. You don't need full Rick to achieve this.

Unless of course fashion is an INTEREST of yours, and not merely a means to an end.

See you tomorrow

Bad post

You're right, op. I guess this is goodbye.

i agree that is good fit, it's also posted here daily
and yes, trendy labels are gay
also water is wet

op is right. the simpler the fit, the more utilitarian, the better.

Sakahuchi is my husbando

Samefag

Guy in your pic is wearing a Yohji jacket ya dip.

I've experienced ego loss enough times and I keep coming back to fashion. It's made me ditch a lot of pointless shit, but fashion I actually enjoy it. I try not to judge others who don't participate. I also try no to drop a ton of money on pieces that lack versatility and longevity.

I briefly considered a career in fashion, however, and I can confirm that there is a lot of vapid pretentious bullshit in the industry. I'm glad I changed course.

Have fun with it, don't take the harsh criticism on fa too seriously, and be willing to make mistakes.

W2c jacket in OP

I think everyone reserves the right to one, maybe two non-productive hobbies

Smh brown shoes , black pants that are too long

Not everyone, but most people. And fashion is much more productive than Netflix or video games.

how so?

Some people don't deserve unproductive outlets, because they offer nothing to anyone and are parasites.

It's more productive than TV and video games, because it can actually be used to positively affect daily life and requires creativity.

Idk but the guy in the photo is named Sakaguchi.

>utilitarian
>brown shoes +black pants
This b8 is so stale, I could use it as a cutting board.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that similar styles of wear appeal to like minded people as I can wholeheartedly agree with every word you put into your thesis.
In fact that exact image is what I try to emulate.
(never mind that his clothing is actually very expensive, I just go thrifting)
but also what you said
My fashionable desires are exactly that.
you do happen to be right sometimes.
I always thought of hobbies as a way to justify spent energy that doesn't accomplish things that are productive.
And I ask this earnestly; what does productive mean to you?

Anyone has the image that breaks down his fit per item? I lost my old file senps

What annoys me is how fashion is so interesting yet the fashion you see on the internet is boring at best.

Most of the "fits" you see on fashion forums are from guys and like 90% of it is always the same safe combination of clothes: normal looking clothes with a "high fashion twist" like a normal black jacket but WHOA with an asymmetric zipper or some artsy sounding phrase on the back, a normal looking t-shirt but WHOA it's longer than a regular t-shirt, a normal shirt but WHOA look at that painting printed on it. The most wacky item are often the sneakers.

Those are navy

Fashion isn't "productive" unless you're out there actually designing and experimenting. It's just a hobby besides that. That's okay though because not everything has to be about productivity, even for "parasites". I think what you're looking for is "fulfilling" and I'd agree that it can be. Can be. Most of the time, it isn't. If you're trend seeking, status seeking, or just in it for the consumerism, it's just as vapid as anything else.
If you're doing it as a hobby, as an artistic pursuit, and having fun with it, and pushing your personal boundaries than I'd agree with you that it can be more fulfilling than gaming or TV. Can be. I wouldn't say that a group of friends talking, bullshitting, and having fun playing street fighter with each other is any less fulfilling if that's what they like to do.

At the end of the day are you actually enjoying the time and money being spent? It's not really serious business. That's why Veeky Forums is such a funny place sometimes lol.

From which magazine is that pic from?

IDGAF, incel
I likes the clothings
I likes the evolution of styles
I likes treating outfits as cultural texts & narrative artifacts

I also have money to spend.

Annnnnd it makes me happy. I'm so sorry I'm amused by something so shallow. I'll get into dressing more forgettably and standing out less, ASAP.

Just need to finish mein kampf, amirite?

What did he mean by this?

That's not a good fit

Pseudo is the biggest retard on the board at the moment, please just ignore him

>parroting this stupid rule.
not saying this fit is anything special but the black brown thing is stupid as a dogma

the guy in your pic is a famous model and he wears a lot of fairly expensive stuff
>You don't need to browse 10 fashion websites/imageboards on a daily basis to achieve this. You don't need full Rick to achieve this.
nobody says you have to dedicate your life to fashion, or you have to only wear flashy designer if you're into fashion
you can still maintain an interest in fashion without all that crap

What if i cop from Op shops exclusively?

It's fun though, it's a hobby

As long as you're enjoying yourself :)