Is this good shampoo?

Is this good shampoo?

If you like dandruff and are a cheap ass, yes

all shampoos are literally the same shit

It gets the shit out your hair and smells nice, so yeah.

>2017
>there are still people unironically using shampoo

I use dove men body and head and shoulders.
Happy with both

what?

this lmao

>2018
>using shampoo more than once per week

>he fell for the nopoo meme

Yes

>he actually fell for the shampoo meme

I melt a bar of castille soap in hot water and use it as shampoo. It works just as well, if not better than any shampoo I've ever used and it costs $1 per bar.

what should I use then?

Your hair isn't dry after doing that? I always thought using soap for your hair wasn't good

>go to someone's house
>user their bathroom
>see this
>know that they are a brother in the struggle

I bought this
what am I in for?

It's gonna feel like your scalp is burning at first. That means it's working. The real pain comes if you get it in your eye. Sometimes I just shut them and power through the rest of my shower blind. Other times the pain is too intense and I have to wash it out immediately.

Nizoral will get you real results fast. You just have to use it consistently for about a week, then keep using it once a week after that. On my other days, I use Head and Shoulders 2 in 1. This routine has kept me dandruff free for the last couple months.

Dunno about normal soap but castile soap is plant-based. Been using it for 5 months with zero problems.

oh boy, well good thing I'm used to shutting my eyes
is head & shoulders actually good? there are so fucking many shampoos to choose from

any shampoo / body wash that has sodium lauryl sulfate in it is bad for you.

i suggest dr bronners pure castille soap, unscented. then if you want to smell nice, step up your fragrance game and use that

Get on my fucking level

It needs argan oil whatever the fuck you use

I used to do NoPoo but stopped when I started styling my hair regularly. I don't think you're supposed to NoPoo in these circumstances unless you want a huge accumulation of product in your hair.

>sodium lauryl sulfate
please explain

holy shit google SLS. its a harsh cleaning chemical. it will effectively strip your hair and body off all grime, but also good oils and minerals that are naturally created. its also linked to fucking cancer. getting some organic shampoo will do just as good a job and not give you cancer after 30 years of use. not to mention SLS shampoos dried the fuck out of my scalp and skin giving me dandruff, dry frizzy brittle hair, and dry ashy skin. organic castille shampoo was a godsend. please google that shit. SLS is like literal fucking cancer, same way drinking soda your entire life is terrible for you and will contribute towards diabetes. not saying you need to stop everything and become a vegan, but you should try to go organic in as many areas of your life as you can if you want to be healthier. it also applies to body wash, laundry detergent, plastics, artificial sweeteners and preservatives - the list goes on. just remember corporations are there to make as much money as possible, not make sure people are healthy; thats your own responsibility

thanks boss

I just get Tresemme. To hair stylists/barbers, the shampoos and conditioners are similar to the high quality and usually commercial-use-only stuff that they use. They're pretty widely available as well.
>source?
Mum and gal pal are hairstylists.

this honestly after using doveshit shampoo i always feel like a fucking mummy

>went no poo
>went no soap

Never looking back. Only water and EDT or deodorant. Skin made a 180. This is the final pill you will swallow.

good enough. I prefer Meme & Shoulders though.

>autistic misinformation and outrage

there is no evidence it causes cancer or else they wouldn't be using that since the fucking 1930s. the EU regulations would have banned that a long time ago but they didn't. plus, since you have the argument that they only want to make profit, them you also have to mention they don't wanna get sued for putting something in there that's designed to kill you or worsen your health.

a good alternative to regular shampoo would be solid shampoo like they sell at Lush because then you're only working it in with foam rather than the condensed liquid stuff.

If you can, avoid using shampoo with sulfates. depending on where you live, there are probably decent options at drugstores (from Burt's Bees, Weleda, L'Oreal's Everpure line) in the same price range as Dove. Get into the habit of reading the ingredients and understanding the differences/effects.

For example, some shampoos use sodium lauryl sulphate (potentially harmful) and some use sodium laureth sulphate (a foaming agent). If your shampoo has sodium lauryl sulphate, look for co-surfactants which can make the effects a little less severe.

I find castille soap leaves my hair extremely dry, but otherwise I agree 100%. I've been using sulfate-free shampoo for a few years now and my hair grows faster, breaks less easily and I rarely need to use conditioner.

Not that guy but I use Head&Shoulders for my daily wash, the Citrus one for oily hair.
I used to have it really fucking bad when I was younger, but that shampoo together with a nice Birch Hair Tonic is enough to keep me dandruff free nowadays.
Never tried anything more extreme like Nizoral.

>they would ban it if it causes cancer
just like they banned cigarrettes right?
just like they banned sugar products that have PROVEN to be linked to diabetes and obesity right?

come on pal, SLS is bad for humans. they cant test it directly on humans because of ethics, but im pretty sure they used it on mice and that shit caused cancer in mice. that doesnt automatically mean it would apply to humans, but its not a good sign.

theres no lawsuits bc no direct studies can happen, and its impossible to prove that you got cancer directly from your shampoo containing SLS over your lifetime when it could have been so many things, most likely a combination of everything just wearing down your body. going organic = less chance of cancer

i find that my hair styles the worst on the day that i shampoo it, and I use castille soap. but it was the same when i used dove, or any commercial tier brand as well, but thats what conditioner is for. day old hair always styles the best

That's my shit brother

Any recommendations for good shampoo that doesn't break the bank?
The stuff in the wiki (Oribe, Hanz de Fuko, etc) is all really fucking expensive here and I'm not really in any position to spend 40€ on a 250ml bottle of shampoo right now.

You're only spending the equivalent of 2.5€ a week if you don't use too much shampoo, 250ml should last you 16 weeks.

Hair is dead, so the notion of healthy hair is just retarded. Furthermore not everyone has shitty scalp and hair genetics like you. Some of us can shampoo our hair with normal shampoo every day and have our hair be like straw or our scalps be dry.

>Hair is dead, so the notion of healthy hair is just retarded.

Where do you live?

is there literally any real study disproving or proving the no poo meme? Best I could find was some rebbit post about a study where people used a milker shampoo instead of no shampoo. Personally I find shampooing once-ish a week to work best

milder* shampoo

It seems like common sense that our hair would be totally fine without doing anything to it since its evolved to be the way it is, sure it might not be as beautiful as could be but it wont be gross.

Usually the people who have the greasiest nastiest hair are doing something really stupid like using too much product or overwashing.

Isnt that like saying you dont have to brush your teeth because it will take care of itself?

Have Nizoral and I have to use it constantly where I don't even think it's dandruff on my scalp but actual skin flakes where the Nizoral can't help me

Not really. Do your teeth grow?

...Why do I even bother posting on Veeky Forums

even long hair? because when I sweat too much (very often due to my “profession”) it feels very uncomfortable desu. do you suggest to only washing it with water and that’s all?

NO POO, NO SOAP, NO SHOWER

>Month and a half into no poo
Literally on correct decision I’ve ever made in my life

might as well pull off your finger/toe nails

>this fucking guy

ok bud go ahead and treat your hair like shit. you probably dont notice anythibg because your hair is short.

i stole the olive oil one from my girl and been using it lately. would recommend

I literaly reduce my hair loss with the olive oil one. Before I was losing tons of hairs but when I started using it, almost nothing is falling since then.

will that stuff make me smell like black people?

No

love the one with menthol. plus it's not expensive

i don't have it but i head that after a while the fungus on your scalp becomes resistant to nizoral

That's like saying you shouldn't paint your nails because it's bad for nail health. Who cares you'll grow more unless you have genetic issues.

if u have short hair, sure

this is super true tresemme is super good

Agreed, Tresemmé is really good. I used the Dove shampoo and conditioner 2-in-1 for so long, and my hair was always rough and felt like shit. Swapped to Tresemmé and a coconut oil conditioner, works like a charm.

>just like they banned cigarrettes right?

that's a bad argument because it's demanded to put health warnings on the cigarette packs. you don't see this with SLS in Shampoo.

>just like they banned sugar products that have PROVEN to be linked to diabetes and obesity right?

not an argument either. it's about the dose of sugar. you could say sugar is poison in general and that our body doesn't need it but that doesn't mean a normal intake will significantly hurt your health.

>come on pal, SLS is bad for humans. they cant test it directly on humans because of ethics, but im pretty sure they used it on mice and that shit caused cancer in mice. that doesnt automatically mean it would apply to humans, but its not a good sign.

no, the only instance was that it was bad for certain amphibians but no mice as far as I know.
still not enough of an indicator it's severely bad for us.

there are shampoos that only contain 10% of SLS compared to others so just go with those if you care so much about that.

This garnier shit looks good, I got the coconut silicone free conditioner to co wash with, hopefully will work out nice.

Well in a natural environment we wouldnt be eating much more than leaves and meat so actually we wouldnt need to brush our teeth, but we don't and since we consume sugar and shit we have to take care of them, Our hair isn't really put through much more than it would be naturally so its perfectly fine to wash it with just cool water, like rain water.
You will have to experiment but you can only do that successfully by going no poo to begin with. If you are using shampoo right now there is no telling if the uncomfortable feeling is being caused by your genetic oil production or that you've irritated your scalp with shampoo or put lots of silicone in your hair from conditioner. It's just a mess.

Try going no poo for a month or two and see what happens, just cold water. Then start creeping in good products, look up the curly girl method.

Good shampoo has argon

shoo shoo shampoo lobbyist

Who would fund that study lol? It's not exactly a pressing topic for human research (which is expensive) and threatens a massive industry. The single greatest proof for no poo is that shampoo use didn't become "normal" in the U.S. until the 1970s

I tried nopoo for like a couple of months (at first every other day, then no poo at all) but after getting tired of having awful greasy hair I decided to buy an actually good shampoo (recommended by an expert, no farmacy shit) and shampooing every two days and my hair looks better than ever.
Nopoo is a bad meme and the first thing that should give it away is that it is both heavily endorsed in this board and at the same time everytime someone posts a picture of their hair it looks awful and greasy.
Goodnight pooyourhair

obviously you shouldnt do no poo if you use hair styling products.... but no poo without hair products usually makes hair nice enough alone to now have to use products

just get a good sulfate and silicone free shampoo (or cleansing conditioner if you have dry hair). no need to break the bank

I started doing nopoo and now I don't even need styling products.

NO. Dries your scalp and you'll get even more flakes.

What was the product you ended up getting

If I don't poo daily I get pimples all over my forehead.