Is being "clean" becoming more and more trendy and Veeky Forums these days...

Is being "clean" becoming more and more trendy and Veeky Forums these days? Doing drugs and getting tattoos and speaking in a ghetto manner (to name a few things) seems to be something only the most basic people are doing these days. Doubly so if they're middle class.

This may also have to do with seeing the original trendsetters, who are now in their 30s, still living the lifestyle except now they're ugly, poor, aged terribly, and uncool. So now it's becoming a little lame to live this lifestyle which is being force fed by the lame media through the Kardashians and other reality shows and pop stars like The Weeknd.

Meanwhile you have a growing conservative movement among Gen Z and you have people like Donald Trump, pic related, making it seem cool to live life well.

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts? This is more of an Veeky Forums lifestyle post, but how do you think this will impact fashion as well? We've already seen the death of heroinchic and similar styles, but have seen a growth in people hitting the gym to put on muscle.

1. HEALTHY LIFESTYLE DOES NOT ENTAIL "CONSERVATISM", NOR DOES "CONSERVATISM" ENTAIL HEALTHY LIFESTYLE.

2. DONALD TRUMP'S LIFESTYLE, AND WORLDVIEW, ARE THE OPPOSITE OF HEALTHY —MORBID.

Youre gonna die in the end. No one makes it out alive. You could eat kale everyday or smoke 2 packs and drink yourself to sleep. It makes next to no difference. Immortality is a curse, not a blessing. Death is part of life and the "straight edge clean" people act as though they can cheat death. Do what you want.

It's about increasing the quality of life.

Why would you increase the quality of your life by not doing drugs? If anything "increased quality of life" comes from tripping acid in a park somewhere with great friends.

Look at Trump and how much of an asshole he is. He's obsessed with his job and ultimately is quite alienated from the world. He lives his life in ego of self, and not others. He thinks too much and feels too little.

I have no offense to you not doing drugs, but I'll tell you, I think you're making a horrible move.

Being well put together is not very Veeky Forums

Being well put together and and eccentric is peak Veeky Forums

>inb4 fedora

It all comes down to balance.

You can have no drugs/substances in your life but if you think you're above everyone else because of it, you take the chance of essentially turning into a huge twat.

Drug abusers and people who live a self-destructive life can be just as insufferable and are doing themselves no favors.

If you want to live "straight edge", good for you, you can keep it to yourself or maybe partake in substances in appropriate amounts and not making a daily habit out of it.

>Youre [SIC] gonna [SIC] die in the end.

THE BIOPHYSICAL ORGANISM CEASES FUNCTION, BUT SOUL IS ETERNAL.

>No one makes it out alive.

THE ONLY ONES THAT SUCCESSFULLY EXIT KOSMOS ARE THE NOBLE ONES.

THE IGNOBLE MANY ARE FATALLY BOUND TO KOSMOS THROUGH THEIR ATTACHMENT TO MATTER, THUS, THEY ARE ALREADY DEAD, EVEN BEFORE BIOPHYSICAL CESSATION.

>You could eat kale everyday or smoke 2 packs and drink yourself to sleep. It makes next to no difference.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HEALTH, AND MORBIDITY? SUCH IS THE RATIONALE OF THE FLESHVESSEL.

>Immortality is a curse, not a blessing.

IMMORTALITY IS ONLY POSSIBLE BEYOND KOSMOS, FOR SOUL, NOT WITHIN KOSMOS, FOR BIOPHYSICAL ORGANISMS.

IMMORTALITY IS ETERNAL LIFE, THUS, A BLESSING; BIOPHYSICAL PRESERVATION TO PERPETUITY, IF SUCH WERE THING WERE POSSIBLE, WOULD BE ETERNAL DEATH, THUS, A CURSE.

>Death is part of life...

1. IF YOU REALLY ACCEPT THAT FACT, WHY ARE YOUR KIND SO DESPERATE TO PRESERVE THEIR BODIES TO PERPETUITY THROUGH MECHANIZING TECHNOLOGY, AND DEMONIC MAGIC?

2. LEADING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE DOES NOT NEGATE THAT FACT.

>... and the "straight edge clean" people act as though they can cheat death.

?

NO; THE ONES WHO ERRONEOUSLY THINK THAT THEY CAN AVOID BIOPHYSICAL CESSATION ARE THE IGNOBLE MANY WHO LEAD MORBID LIFESTYLES.

>Do what you want.

ONE SHOULD DO WHAT IS BEST, REGARDLESS OF WHAT ONE WANTS.

Bullshit, Drumpffy has 100% snorted cocaine and is just spinning yet another a lie to appeal to his base.

also if dumpf is ya role model or you consider him "cool" you're ein retard

trump talks about drugs and alcohol the way a college kid talks about drugs and alcohol with their parents

hurr durr durrrr

HUURRRR DUUUURRRRR DUURRRRR

He does that with practically everything

I don't really do drugs or drink because I feel like I have an addictive tendency but even I can recognize the people I work with or am friends with derive a ton of enjoyment from drinking or smoking weed that I miss out on.

True, drugs and tattoos is now accepted by millennial. But the political climate affecting fashion? Ever? I mean we now have plus size models, acne scars, stretch marks, boys showing off makeup, etc.

Better thought to this is when Brooks Brothers, RL, and JCrew going to take off if you consider Trump being in office? So far, not likely.

>immortality is a curse
that's what they want you to think, have fun being dead while I shitpost for generations bitch

If we're talking about purely increasing quality of life then straight edge isn't the answer. Hallucinogenics in moderation and lighter stuff like weed would provide the highest quality of life (assuming you don't become some burn out and live the rest of your life healthy i.e. working out and eating healthy.) From a Veeky Forums perspective straight edge is the optimal route.

tell me this booty aint ghetto

FAGGOT

FORGOT TO TURN OFF TRIP

DAMN BOI HE THICK

What the fuck are you even talking about

Also who the fuck believes Donald Trump is "cool" ?

How fucking old are you ?

I WATCH AKIRA AND LISTEN TO LISTEN TO GRIMES, I'M ECCENTRIC HURRR

A lot of people thought he was cool long before he ran for president.

they are not the arbiters of "cool" tho, if anything they are the opposite

Im just saying I've never met a straight edge person that was actually cool.
Normally quite a drag to be around.

>clean
>lives off fast food and is overweight

Who do you consider 'cool' then? Donald Trump is someone who I look up to greatly.

>BUT SOUL IS ETERNAL
>SUCCESSFULLY EXIT KOSMOS
Except substituting one variation of a morbid lifestyle with another that involves adhering to thoroughly life-negating metaphysical abstractions such as the soul, free will and other de-christianized myths smuggled under the guise of intellectual intuition, in place of one's own personal unfulfillment and fuck-ups projected onto the world, biophysicality, materialism etc. (of which what you are speaking of is only a developed variation) doesn't lead to an optimally healthy lifestyle. Just throwing that out there

miskine

Why waste time identifying what exactly "cool" is when its obvious some people have a magnetic, attractive, fashionable, poised quality whereas others do not...

If you think the blatantly ugly (inside and out) embodiment of narcissistic 80s self-interest and greed is cool or admirable you've got some serious problemos

tastes are changing but youre also growing up cuz im guessing youre around 18. having lived an unhealthy lifestyle makes you idealize a healthy one.

You can make healthy choices and still be fat aka unhealthy
>trip
Kys

Show me one healthy non soy boy liberal. I will wait.

Look! a /pol/tard decided to post outside his little cult for a few minutes. HE DESERVES NOTHING BUT OUT EXCORIATION! GET HIM!

Well in actuality, it is and the points you just listed are in support for it. The most vocal political group is the left. Fashion (politically) isn’t dictated by who’s on top, but who’s the most popular.

All these lifestyles come and go, just like the fads they are. Heroin chic is coming back bigtime in southern universities. Tattoos haven't lost their appeal. ghetto mannerisms may be losing its cool, a more articulate, educated style of speech is making an inroads. It's all about cycles, what goes around, comes around, over an over again.

He is stereotypically cool.
I'm 21 and have always lived healthy.
Being clean makes me a /pol/ack?

HOW IS MY WORLDVIEW "LIFENEGATING", ACCORDING TO YOU?

Liking trump does. /pol/tard.

you are an cringy schizo attention whore

damn

Grimes

based all caps poster

t. loser

Nothing to do with Veeky Forums, take your shit to /pol/.

Triggered instantly

I think/fa/ has always had a clean living vibe to it, smokers aside. Think skin protection/care and the aging effects that booze or drugs will have on you.

You can't be effay and a meth head

A better question is how will politics affect future trends.

Did we avoid the timeline where hillary's dictator jumpsuit became a hot outfit?

INCORRECT I AM COOL AND EFFAY

... And his post triggers you how?

But the majority of white American men voted for him. The majority of American men in general actually. How can you generalize like that? Any way, you're getting off topic. I'm asking if clean living is making an Veeky Forums come back?

Conservatism/traditionalism is the counter culture right now, so yeah, being clean and principled (or at least looking like people who are [hence mega hats]) is certainly trendy rn.

The true swag are the ones who look like 70s heroine addicts and young conservatives at the same time

>Conservatism/traditionalism is the counter culture right now
Is that why all the normies jumped right on it over a year ago?

In its presupposing and objectifying the map of your relative to whatever ends interpretations and value judgements as the territory of the world, the thing in itself. A presumptuous, Human-centric approach to something as elusive as the universe, one that leads to a fundamental misunderstanding of how language and ideology works, and in turn devalues the gloriousness of life itself.

I buy my coke from the same guy Trump, Ivanka and his shitty son forget name). I have for years. Ivanka uses occasionally, trump uses lightly but regularly, and the son is an on and off pig about it.

Nobody is fucking clean. Last of all these people. And why would they be? Being president FUCKING BLOWS.

What normies jumped on is a pale imitation, the genuine article is still rare

YOUR APPREHENSION OF MY WORLDVIEW IS ERRONEOUS.

I THINK THAT YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY DEFICIENT; A DEFICIENCY THAT CAUSES YOU TO BE HYPERINTELLECTUAL, AND HYPERVERBAL, WITH IMPAIRED COMPREHENSION OF CONCEPTS BEYOND THEIR LINGUISTIC REPRESENTATIONS.

Eric?

YOUR APPREHENSION OF MY WORLDVIEW IS ERRONEOUS.
In what way?

>I THINK THAT YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY DEFICIENT; A DEFICIENCY THAT CAUSES YOU TO BE HYPERINTELLECTUAL, AND HYPERVERBAL
What makes you think so? And what did you find "hyperintellectual" and "hyperverbal" in what I posted?

>WITH IMPAIRED COMPREHENSION OF CONCEPTS BEYOND THEIR LINGUISTIC REPRESENTATIONS.
Having the ability to comprehend how concepts originated and are used beyond particular linguistic representations is conducive to fruitful discourse.

Trump has been eating fast food almost every day since he was 25. The only straight edge guy I've met was the most one note, boring person ive met in my life.

Cringe

Does Donald look like a healthy man to you? The man is easily 300lbs+ and his brain is fucking swiss cheese judging by the way he talks and acts

Being healthy and enjoying drugs and having tattoos aren't things that are mutually exclusive. The fittest guy I know runs every day and places in marathons but also drinks like a fish and snorts blow multiple times a week and is covered in tatts from the neck down.

You cannot be healthy and do drugs.

Everything is psycho active
Everything
fucking mashed potatoes are a drug. Really. They alter your brain chemistry.

And if I had a dollar for every top form, successful & healthy drug user that has eclipsed my successes, profits and even the best of my own sober endeavors? I'd have like, 20 bucks.

Different folks, different strokes.

Trump's a fat sack of shit. Just look at him when he golfs.

I think he does pretty well for being fucking 71

You can't out-autism him, give up now

Dumb mexican

This shit is actually true

Smart Mexican

cringe

He's morbidly obese and consumes fast food on an insanely regular basis. He's not healthy

>Immortality is a curse, not a blessing.

I never understood faggots like you.
first of all, how is it bad to live long and prosper and how could we not try to cheat death forever eventually? we STILL don't even fucking know if there is an afterlife of any sort (which is fucking depressing to begin with) and philosophical evidence suggests that it's usually better to exist than not at all. so how can you make claims like that with a straight face thinking it's a smart thing to say? the only thing I experienced is that I wanna live as long as possible because once you reach that point in life where your body deteriorates year after year and you also witness how close friends and loved ones fucking die, you sure as fuck don't want life to end but experience it for as long as humanely possible. if we finally had solid proof of afterlives and if we would understand if there even is any metaphysical intervention going on, like a soul society or something that literally governs the passage into another new life and if there would be no karmic repercussions of any sort (e.g. due to you leading a life as a criminal) then and only then the shit you said would make sense. but right now, it really doesn't help the case.

What's wrong with tea?

>philosophical evidence
Nice oxymoron you insufferable buffoon

If you look at it in an unbiased, scientifical way aka disregarding government shock propaganda, you'll find the difference in body function, health, appereance and etc between people not using any illegal substance and people using it mildly or sometimes even abusingly is not perceptible. What makes a difference is doing exercise and eating enough of all your vitamins and minerals and macronutrients. The thing is that junkies are generally poor and stupid therefore eat shitty diets and are completely sedentary. Body degeneration starts with those, and drugs are merely a catalyst.

>platonism
>talks about abstractions such as soul i.e spooks
>literally willing to allow his life be controlled by this abstractions due to perceived or felt virtue gained by doing so
>creates mountains and mountains of text trying to fool and convince, as if to fool and convince oneself

based

It's a psychoactive substance. First human contact with ritualized caffeine intake, IIRC

Conservatism definitely leads to a better quality of life.

The whole vapexcore and 4loko lyfe shit that mtv pushes on youth really isn't doing them any favors.

The kids marching in the streets with pink pussy hats or the faux anarchists should definitely show you that you don't want to associate with those fucktards.

Also, church going blonde blue-eyed girl vs racially ambigous girl that fucks around on tinder who's got the better girls?

>literally willing to allow his life be controlled by this abstractions due to perceived or felt virtue gained by doing so
Nah, he seems pretty in control of his life. Based on my coffee break analysis it's more a case of characterizing anything determined as virtuous by means of these transcendental concepts (the history of which is couched in the exact same kind of use), this causes the illusion of intellectually intuiting that which is beyond this world (now that's a case of hyperintellectualization if I've ever seen one), an impossible pursuit that simply magnifies ones own limited determinations and influences, no matter how virtuous in their own right, in place of the boundless splendour of the world and life.

I...I.....I'm....Agreeing... with... s-s-s-sieg.... h-h-h-help m-m-meeeeee

Tinder as signifier of a life I don't agree with personally bugs me way more than racial ambiguity ever could tho

Fantano

Maybe under a reactive, physical narrative. Most active, vigorous people that partake in drugs more stimulating than the ones depicted in know their limitations and do so for the aesthetic experience, not mundane consumption.

>he's cool because he was voted as the ladies man in 1964

how so? then explain the concept of survivalism to me. that's the evidence and you didn't refute anything, you just called me names and thus you make it very easy for me. why is that drive a thing in the first place? if you work against your own sense of that then what would the benefit be if you don't know what lies beyond death?

user's addressing your clueless stuffing of the word "philosophy" wherever you feel like making an emphasis on something, not your trivial worldview

how does philosophy, especially as an umbrella term, that connects many other science approaches not correlate with evidence?

also, who the fuck are you to call my worldview trivial? it's like you want to offend me just come off as an asshole.

insufferable buffoon really was the most appropriate term to describe you

Its nothing to do with cheating death mongoloid its to do with living a moral life and being good to yourself. "Do what you want", fucking neck yourself you cretin.

>Everything is a drug so its okay to be a addicted!

Yeah man there's no difference at all between drinking tea and shooting up heroin, everything is psychoactive haha.

>how does philosophy, especially as an umbrella term, that connects many other science approaches not correlate with evidence?
Because philosophy is the clarification of problematic concepts, not a magical umbrella term used to reinforce whatever axioms you believe in.

>also, who the fuck are you to call my worldview trivial? it's like you want to offend me just come off as an asshole.
Someone with a superior worldview to your hopelessly limited naturalistic one.

>doing drugs
>not Veeky Forums
top kek

>not increasing your quality of life by doing whatever you want whenever you want without having to stress yourself with petty shit that won't even matter in the end

im honestly sick of how everybody is clean looking tbqh.
i keep my room a mess and everything dirty in my attire.
faggots so boring now in the art scene

Shut your suck you left leaning vermin

eat your heart out right leaning parasite

Be honest, do you see yourself tripping in the park when you're 30, 40 or 50? Sporadic use of drugs is okay, but when you're past 25 the habit catches up with you. You're fucking with your healthy brain balance and all those days wasted on drugshangover could be used productively. I love drugs but mental health is priceless, and I think it's not worth the cost. Shrooms once a year is ok in my book, but mdma or speed nah

>he thinks people trip regularly
it's true that some people do, but those people are losers. you can trip once and it would be enough and a net win

Alex Honnold. In fact there are lots of liberal athletes.