Boots thread

Looking for more work boots such as these. Any more Japanese boot brands? Or anything like picture related but in all black.

Yuketen bro
pic related

visvim might have something

Who has any experience with either Oak Streets boots or Truman boots?
Both of them have some boots I'd love to try but I'm not familiar with either and wants some feedback

Looking to get some durable boots that I can use day to day. Found pic related and they seem suitable. Anyone here have experience with Magnum? I'd like to know if they're true to size, worth the price, etc.

Oliver AT55's or AT45's depending on what you work with. Both look kind of goofy and are hard to style but they are still good durable boots that I use while completing my electrician apprenticeship.

just copped MIE docs Arthur boots.

Considering getting these, mostly because I lack an actual cold-weather boot of any sort. I like the little bit of exposed lining, but my big issue is that they're zippered.

I have enormous feet so boot selection is really, really narrow.

w2c the black boots? I like the thinness of these while still looking more tough with the laces. docs are too bulky

milsurp
these are fine, you will appreciate the zip
looks good
not japanese but red wing iron rangers in all black look very similar
dope

>tfw this is the less-horrible pair of boots I can find anywhere online in my country (that doesn't cost as much as my soul)

Are Vibergs worth the price or are they overpriced?
I could get two pairs of Red Wings for the cost of one pair or Vibergs

Danner has some great, durable boots, I got pic related and they hold up.

What are some brands that have flat sole boots or winter ready sneakers?

Rolling Dub Trio
Lone Wolf
White Kloud MTO

>wearing flat soles in the winter

Other than snow, I don't see why not.

The Corcoran jump-boots is a prime example of something we call a "kusiluistin".

Laces in pic and that contrast stitching - nope
Swap the laces and hope the stitching isn't nylon so you can dye it darker.
Don't. Just don't.

Corcorans still have a heel, not flat soles.

>I could get two pairs of Red Wings for the cost of one pair or Vibergs
Then you will have 2 pair of Red Wings instead of a pair of Vibergs.
If you can't figure out which suits you best then maybe you don't need either. Also, you do realize they are apples and oranges right?

I don't know why noobs think they deserve to get top tier goods without any appreciation of what features and qualities make them top tier. These are the same "people" going around in poorly fitting chromexel boots that they've waxed and scuffed up with sandpaper.

"Oh, I'll get an unlined service boot and then put insoles in and wear thick socks." --- !!!FUCK!!!

At least when clueless squids do this with motorcycles they end up as road raspberries.

Try redwing beckman 9014 or redwing blacksmith 2955.

I personally have a pair of blacksmiths that i use for work and i love them. Pic related is after a month of daily use and a fresh re-wax
>inb4 t. phone poster

What model?

Are you okay, mate? Settle down.

Quality is leather is quality leather. And if it's made of the same materials than it comes down to quality of construction.

I just want to know what separates a 700 dollar pair of Vibergs from 300 dollar Red Wings? I want to have the best possible at the best price possible, but if one is far better than the other to justify the price that's what I'll go with

I also own blacksmiths in spitfire black. I didn't like the leather at first but I got them on sale for a great price. I like them more now.

How do you care for them? What products?

What's wrong with pic related?

Everything. Not because I have actual criticism other than I don't like Chukkas

ugly boots... and not milsurp. the soles are too thin.

>Chukkas

hate to break it to m8, but you mean chelseas.

Fuck.

my collection

Are those Corcorans on the top-left?

You have to be thin to pull them off.

yeah, lug sole with zippers. see

Those are not chukkas, blind boy

Get the RWs then and wear them for a few years. Then try on some other boots. That is the level you are at right now. Your trouble is you think you know everything but you haven't even taken a step, literally, in the very things of which you speak.

>I don't know thing, but I'd like someone to teach me
>YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING YOU IGNORANT FUCK
Epic my man

How are you so mad? Calm down

Mink oil, venetian cream or Lexol, boys?

He's mad because he saved up his spare change for months to buy $700 boots and instead of accepting that he got memed and swindled by a cabal of soy latte-sipping muh heritage muh craftsmanship beard-oiled millennial ad-men, he's desperately trying to convince himself that his purchase was worthwhile despite being absolutely unable to enumerate the supposed differences in writing. He wants to emulate the capable and pragmatic demeanor of the older male figures he looks up to, and these boot-sellers have offered him an easy route to that image not through the development of any actual skill nor of any dimension of perspicacity but through the purchase of a pair of $700 boots, of which some (not insignificant) portion of the price represents a genuinely high standard of materials and craft, while the remainder is the toll of membership into an unspoken society of $700 boot owners (a membership whose sole benefit and sole activity consists of goading those who haven't paid entry themselves). Man don't know shit!

He literally just asked what separates a $700 pair of Vibergs from $300 Red Wings

You're the fucking sperg in this thread

I'm not that guy, just an unrelated guy who showed up to phonepost while taking a shit

Saphir Mink oil and Saphir Cordovan cream in clear. I can get by with these two on Pull Up, Chromexel, Calf and Cordovan. Of course, no waxes on the oil infused leathers. Some guys can get by with just Saphir Renovateur. A little pricey but a bottle lasts a long time.
If RWs meet your needs great. You do realize that $800 is not the ceiling on footwear.
>Quality is leather is quality leather. And if it's made of the same materials than it comes down to quality of construction.
No, there is more to it. You aren't even considering the different lasts.

>Get the RWs then and wear them for a few years. Then try on some other boots. That is the level you are at right now.
That's what I told the guy because he's just not going to see any difference.
It is the same if a young inexperienced entry level intern insisted that all wool suits are the same and the only difference is surely craftsmanship unless someone can prove it to him in written text on an north korean anime message board.
Someone has to buy all those moc crepe farmer boots and make all the coffee.

Is there anyone else on here that actually owns and has some insight into Veeky Forums boots?

I own some Red Wings.
What do I win?

I just bought some otter wax, and rub them the fuck down with the bar. Once im done with that i blow dry it and comb the suede nap down with a course brush.
Also to eliminate hairy nap, i burned it with a lighter, not even joking, and they look brand new again.
But this is what i do to care for my own boots.

got a pair of austrimemes, was without alternative shoes and took them out in the rain, and now they're kind of dried out. will conditioning solve this, or have I somewhat fucked them? also how do I condition boots, I have some conditioner and a rag, or brush do I just get them barely damp and rub conditioner on the surface and leave to sit for a bit, or is there some catch/technique? it's bick 4, if that's relevant
pls send help

>all footwear is boots except a pair of sambas
ahahaha, holy shit are you me?

Fucking learn to polish your boots you goddamn soyboy.

Mie Arthur

I also recently copped a pair, but I get black stuff under my fingernails every time I put them on although I've cleaned them a bunch of times. Do you have the same problem?

If they're not super dry, any waxy polish like Kiwi will be fine. If they're very dry, condition. Rag or brush or even just fingers will be fine. Polish afterwards and they will look 10x better.

That's just old polish coming off, it happens

the fuck do you think I'm trying to do
conditioning also helps prevent water damage though, no? I don't think there's much residual protection. should I just use my hiking boots when it's raining/wet, or will they be fine after some maintenance?

Waxy polishes can have a similar effect as conditioning and prevent water damage too. But you should keep your boots conditioned regardless of how wet it is outside. Post a pic of the leather if you're really concerned. I use my austrian memes in light rain all the time, I only switch to hiking boots or rain boots if I'm expecting mud or deep puddles.

>anyone ITT asks for help
>people shit on them for not already knowing, and then insult them for asking

I don't understand you people, so quick to forget the years you spent not knowing shit, and how butthurt I know you fuckers got asking questions on Veeky Forums only to have people shit on you

now look at you, big man with a mediocre knowledge of boot brands, ready to tear the head off anyone who has a modicum less trivia knowledge about how to care for leather or which brand is that perfect level of trendy where you can feel included and cool for wearing it, but not so popular that your Veeky Forums rep would be ruined by wearing overly popular styles

thoughts on the vagabond harveys?

>Don't. Just don't.
why not though?

ID?

look pretty cool desu

Can anyone show me decent zipped ankle boots? Rly don't want to go broke over guidis or ccp

>desperately clinging to his white Stan Smiths but hoping that one day Red Wings will do a colab with Doc Martin on some Chelseas, then he can buy a pair used

I don't know if it is mostly because of the rivets, ventilation holes, side zipper that doesn't go far enough down, the fact it goes too high or that the soles are both too thin in the middle and too chunky at the front and the back HOWEVER I do not that these are a complete mess. It is all subtle but somehow every aspect of these boots is wrong. They are so bad that I think one of your toes could fall off.
Even where the stitching comes together parallel to those vent holes is too low. That is going to get fucked. The back and front of the last curl up a bit but all the flex on that single layer is in one small section in the middle. That will feel horrible. There aren't even pull tabs. I hate these so much.

>responding to -->
> (You, dear Sir)
>>Don't. Just don't.
>why not though?

superior summer boots

ALTAMA!

What's the most expensive boots you own?
In hindsight, we're they worth the price?

this is fucking sick props for writing it

just get some OBenauf's Lp and rub it on. Any tard can do it.

The last conspiracy

hey thats my picture
found them actually, they are samsoe samsoe.
they no longer sell them though.

vibergs are overrated and overpriced. same with oak street bootmakers. same with aldens. my red wing beckmans have outlasted and outperformed all of them, and ive owned them all. i know people dont like to hear that. people like to shit on red wing on this board, but i cant think of a better boot for the money.

I like red wing. I want to get them but hate the toe

>things that never happened; as told by a toddler

Beckmans may have been the best performer for you if you happen to be a circus clown.

Does Red Wing do any shoes that don't have the clowny bump toe?

why the fuck do redwing heritage beckmans look great in pictures but look autistic as fuck on feet
I feel like I got scammed

Post a pic.
That's the model I want and I want to see pics of them

The same way Viberg's look next level grails in person and only patrician in photos.
(trying to piss that one kid saving up for his first RWs off)

thoughts?

What is a "Grail"?

look like boots to me

lol this
fantasy land

I legit have these on rn. For the price, extremely worth it.

Is google broken?

I meant a pic of you wearing them. I want to see how they look in pics that aren't of models in professional photos

>boots that aren't Red Wing

Literally why? Red Wing is the end all be all of boot brands, everything else just wishes it was them.

Discuss.

Danner doesn't wish it was Red Wing

Danner makes decent, however hideous, combat boots. I knew some guys in my platoon when I was in the army that really liked them.
But Red Wing beats boots in all other capacities.

"Sir, how many tickets would you like for the Tilt-A-Whirl?"
We use only premium leather from our very own S.B. Foot Tanning Company.
hmmm, leather is leather though right guys?

Just go for Wesco or Redwing. Both of those are good brands and what the Japanese wear. Japan really fetishizes the shit out of American workboot brands.
It depends what you want. Work boot? Sure. But you start to get into weird territory with other things. Fashionable workboot? Viberg. Classic Americana? Alden. Stylish rocker boot? SLP Chelsea/Wyatt Harness boot.

Taking advice from a kid that hasn't even owned his first Red Wings yet?

Jesus Christ mutts, do you actually walk around your house in boots?

>Redwing

>insipid ramblings of a poorfag

>what my Laotian boyfriend wears at the disco

>get into weird territory
Let 'em know you're circumcised without saying a word.

Going to be doing a lot of hiking in the western US in summer, grand canyon, death valley, Sonora desert, paradox basin etc. My current hiking boots are quite heavy and warm so considering picking up some more lightweight boots that are also sturdy and stylish. Anyone have any recommendations?
Thought these Adidas looked alright since a couple of the reviews specifically mention that they're good for the desert.

Those look great. Maybe consider the ankle support. Also how protected your ankles are. I tried on a bunch and actually went with a pair of Merrell boots because of how they fit and felt. Get 'em tight.

w2c simple, non fancy black derbys or similar shoes? Non-shiny/no docs

just copped

validate me Veeky Forums

knees and back destruction/10
diminishing returns, no one claims that viberg/truman are a good value
lowa, danner, salomon