Interior decoration inspo

Interior decoration thread, I'll start by posting my folder.

Other urls found in this thread:

rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-70382198.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

love the view, where do you live OP?

paшe

I want to buy this as decoration, but I'm not sure how to place it in my flat

That's not my place I stole that from another thread. I guess it's somewhere in Portugal or Italy.

it's Symi, an island in Greece

Like these alot, great inspo.

This is my room, could use some advice on what I should do next. For a start I need to get some new bed sheets.

Usually plain white bed sheets are the best but considering your room is so white already maybe a light green to synergize with the plants?

10/10 would live

wow that picture turned out super warped from using the panorama setting huh
i like the art and the plants

go green guys

Where'd you get George W. Bush?

Nice

why don't they hang any of the stuff that's just standing there on the completely empty, white wall to the left?

I'd move the bed so that it's placed along the wall and in the corner, then move the hollow square shelf with your books so that it's placed right along side to the bed (where your night table would be). Place the lamp either inside one of the shelves if it fits, or on top of the square shelf. Your chest of drawers would go next to the bed aswell, effectively putting a wall between the bed and the rest of your room. This both makes your sleeping place more cozy + makes much more space avaliable in your room. Then I'd completely cover the square shelf and the chest of drawers in green leaf plants like monstera, fern/bracken and more of the kind of stuff that you already have on the chest of drawers. Now you can do something fun in the other corner of your room next to your desk, like place a chair to sit and read in. There you could place a nice looking floor lamp too.

Also, I feel like your pictures could be a tad lower. They should hang where the center of the picture is right in the line of sight for a human of average length. There is an exact measure that art gallery qurators (I can't spell, english isn't my first language) use but I've forgotten it, just google it and I'm sure that you'll find it. Get some bigger pictures, some artsy stuff that you like looking at!

I own over 2000+ books. Most of them are sitting in a closet in my place because I have no idea what to do with them. Should I just go to home depot and buy plywood and cinder blocks and use that as shelves? I'm military so I move around every three years, so installing permanent shelves is out of the question. Or should I just drop a few grand on nice minimalist shelves?

I guarantee less than 1% of the photos in these type of threads are actually taken by the guy who posted it

Optically that would make the room narrow

Just bought a house.
What would be the best way to distribute my living room, Veeky Forumsggots?
I have to buy all the furniture yet.

fair point

I don't quite know how I feel about that black couch

whats the orientation on your windows? post full plan

that's sounds like an interesting idea, thanks.

Still getting used to the feature on the iPhone SE

My friend bought it from one of these canvas/print shops online where you give them an image and they send you a canvas or print of the image.

Thanks user, I'll move things around and see if it fits and how it looks. Point noted on the paintings.

>it's Symi, an island in Greece
lolno. It's in Italy, Sorrento.

Depends on where the power sockets are to what you should put where. Can you just draw them in on the floor plan?

it's 2018 and you still can't do a reverse image search user.
rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-70382198.html

Genuinely thought this was from Aria for a second

this is nice. low wide countertop, no cupboards above, everything on the island/table, blank wall above counter. love it.

whats that big one in the corner?

here it is, sockets and everything

strelitzia

Bump

wtf is that doll?

Cinder blocks are going to look bad in most rooms. KonMari that pile and go find a solid wood bookcase or stack them against a wall.

Thanks senpai

here are 2 quick layouts that you could probably do, i recommend getting those collapsible dinning tables for more space, lemme know which you liked more and i'll do a rendering of it (maybe)

also why tf your main entrance takes you straight into the bathroom?

Moved into a loft with a lot of potential but ive been having trouble finding furniture to match it.
Comfy rustic inspo would be greatly appreciated/funiture rules for small but tall spaces

>strelitzia
Darling?

thanks lad
I guess the second one is better bc has easier access

what software are you using?

finally some back-up

watcha think about my furniture? made it myself

finally some back-up

watcha think about my furniture? made it myself

any idea what kind of a plat that is? the big one

olive trees have a similar look but i dont think thats what it is. looks familiar though

Looks great user, only let down is the desk chair.

might be it, thanks!

yeah i know, its tricky as fuck to make chairs with upholstery doe, i might make one in the future but aint got the time atm

aint enought space for the chairs m8, tight as fuck between the wall and table and between the chairs and sofa, lots of useless space in the lower right corner. i might make a plan to if i have the time.

cute cats

Folks with a lot of plants, how do you keep the bugs away? I always get these little fuckin nats.

What is this hanging on the wall?

Heatfolded textiles, from a 1 semester school project

Anyone have a guide to indoor plants? I'm moving to my first house in 2 weeks and I want plants everywhere

I can imagine. Did you make all the furniture in the pictures except the bed and desk chair? Did you use any guides or did you completely design and build it yourself?

Did you got any photo/scan of the plant of the house? I think that you can make a pretty comfy minimal loft out of it.

>watcha think about my furniture?
i don't think i could say that i share your aesthetic, but i think it looks nixce and i like the fact that you made it.
cheers m8

Made and designed it all myself! Usually just drew it in rhino then made a cutting list out of it. Oh an all the furniture I modular too! It can easily be disassembled and re assembeld.

Well it’s admittingly not the prettiest, the focus was to keep it simple an modular so I could transport it on the buss from school

>Well it’s admittingly not the prettiest
it's not that.
i think it looks fine, i just like different stuff.
keep up the good work and don't be too hard on yourself bud

it's -10 C outside atm, I report back in the summer.

you fucking got me.

well considering i'm studying design i should be quite critical to my own stuff? thanks anyway though.

would love to have some shitt like this

If you could move the walls, would you change anything in the distribution?

keep up the good work user

oooo this! knock down the wall in between the living room and kitchen!! will give you much more open space

doooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt

considering to make some shelving like this

trying to post more relevent design for Veeky Forums and not architecture circle jerk

Very clean. Good job user.

Missing some sort of personality tho. Some sort of color contrast in a chair or a painting would be nice. Some yellow, baby blue or orange perhaps?

Would def replace your chair with something more simplistic.

Really envious of the square aesthetic you got going on.

the entire wall on the largest side is brown, been considering colouring it this colour but paint is a bit expensive and not sure i'm gonna live her for long, hence the "nomadic furniture" that i can easily move

looks nice, go for it