Y2K core

Could this be the new fad? Seems to be gaining popularity recebtly in Japanese streetwear and with musicians

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/fa/thread/S12839103
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Some more inspo

this shit is old as fuck

buffalo shoes are cute. better than the grandpa running shoes girls are wearing now

@Buffaloshoesfanclub is a goldmine on instagram

yes

Did Jihadi John get clues form Ali G?

His guests certainly got some fashion clues

kek why do nips think its okay to dress like this on a normal day

The bright colors make an easy target for a third nuke

>current fashion status: 100% irony

i dont want to lurk this board anymore

Yes, just posted this in the grid thread recently. I have a fair amount of material, dump incoming

>I don't like it, therefore it's ironic

Wendy in the deathcamp core

for fun

Yes, that's why it's called y2k core. Come back when you're of age.

Wow early 2000s shit fashion is coming back

I think what he's saying is that the y2k revival is old news, and he's not wrong.

UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND
THE CONCEPT OF LOVE

rina is leading the trend of y2kcore

Because they’re not insecure like you

Shit i was thinking jet set radio too

warosu.org/fa/thread/S12839103

With loose clothes coming back in, this may be possible.

You'll look like a backstreet boys cosplayer for a few more months however

nigga this already been the fad

I have been seeing girls dressed like this at psytrance raves for some time now. Thank God this trend might be coming back I was getting bored of the poncho hippie look

This is really good, especially love the pants

>the grey scale one amidst the rainbow vomit puddle

you have to be a god to pull off the right look ;)

"athletic" shoes, tights, and a parka?

Do you guys feel like the speed at which previous decades of fashion are being recycled is increasing? I feel like over the past 5 years we've gone through 80's, 90's and now y2k is on the rise. Of course fashion is always recycling itself, drawing on previous trends that have faded or been forgotten, repurposing or reinterpreting its past self. But nowadays it seems like these past trends barely settle before they are abandoned for their successor. Anyways, y2k is fucking sick.

No. It's always been like this. You're just old enough to start noticing it.

It seems inevitable though. The internet and how quickly information is shared and consumed has really sped up that cycle. Fashion trends spread so much quicker and so they die off much quicker too

can't really tell much of a difference from the 90's trend that has/is going on, looks like shit, I hate it

Interesting, I think the answer lies somewhere inbetween. It's definitely always been like this but the spread of trends through the internet and its relation to how fast trends die out seems very real. I wonder if in a handful or years the cycle is so sped up that it becomes unnoticable. At the same time new trends and styles are also constantly developing. You think there's a time frame, i.e 50 years, within which trends can be recycled? Like obviously very few trends take inspiration in anything preceeding the 60's.

JET SET RADIOOOOO

That early 2000 Jetset Fash