What hiking boots are most Veeky Forums? Looking for style and durability!

What hiking boots are most Veeky Forums? Looking for style and durability!

Other urls found in this thread:

huckberry.com/store/danner/category/p/48807-mountain-600?utm_source=brobible&utm_medium=affiliate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Damn, those are nice.

I went hiking in my Doc Marten combat boots. I don't recommend it.

I thought this pic had a nice aesthetic when I posted it, but now am considering just going with pic related anyway lmao

I'm thinking of getting some low hiking shoes, like most people are doing these days. But I like the look of mids better.

roa or bust

if you're into hiking but worried about you're look, you're more into looking like you're hiking, therefore just use rugged running shoes, fucking cunt.

Chill. What's wrong with looking good and having high quality equipment?

>Being this big of an asshole about literally walking around outside

i get what you're saying but no.
you see, the beauty of outdoor equipment isn't the look so much as the performance. back to what i said, just get ruggedized running shoes. high quality hiking boots are for people that are putting in 25+ miles a day with 40 L bags. And after you do that for a few weeks and your boots worked well,they will be the best damn looking boots you've ever seen.

here, these are cool

Doc martens are a tall shitty version of patent leather shoes. Actual combat boots are intended for hiking and more or less perform as such.

old nike hiking shoes are nice

Is something like picrel a practical alternative?

Salomon has some pretty nice (aggressive looking) stuff.

Those do not look like they were made for hiking.

>ruggedized running shoes

Or why not just get low/mid hiking shoes? They really don't cost much (not any more than running shoes) and you can get some great deals sometimes. Most important is fit.

Roa if you can afford them.

negative, get some milsurp from this century

to be honest, if you want that "classic" hiking boot look, check out ll beans hiking boots, or the timberland euro hiker

May be a little too avant-garde/futuristic but I really like Arc'teryx Bora boots.

I use these for day hikes, normally shoot for ~10 miles. I like them a lot. wouldn't mind upgrading to some danners though... if they weren't so damn narrow.

Do those North Face fit wide? I have wide feet too.

maybe just a bit wider than average, they fit me just right. northface' website has a pretty interactive fit guide that's pretty helpful in selection though.

If you want to actually hike in them get functional ones and forget about style. In my opinion running/trail shoes are best for hiking in spring/summer.

If you want stylish hiking boots, recognize you shouldn’t hike in them. Hiking isn’t about looking cool, it’s about being functional.

Now what kind of hiking boots are you looking for? Traditional mountaineering boots, new age shit?

I always heard the uglier boots are, the more comfortable they are. Especially hiking boots - a lot of the hiking boots that look nice are marketed to people who only care about how they look.

Just got these New Balance 590 v3

They are usually heavier and if they are cheap they will get destroyed. I remember my old pair i got on clearance that developed holes in the sole. one day it rained, water got in there and the entire underside of my feet looked like pic related.

Just as long as they have ankle support and you replace them when the support wears out (usually somewhere between 2 years and 1/2 year depending on how much you use them)

This is kinda true, but you also just need to know brands. Solomon is pretty good, so is Arc'teryx, and vasque.

i have pic related, these are for winter though

I hike in my Austrian meme boots all the time.

They work pretty well, no blisters or anything like that ever.

danners are pretty damn cool, but I've heard they're a bit heavy for hiking
most people seem to prefer trail runners

Those soles look liek shit for hiking

you're right, this is the normal sole on mountain lights
W+H have their own version of the sole

Did you replace the soles or something? mine feel like hard plastic blocks, not sure if I need to brake them in or what.

I dig these:
huckberry.com/store/danner/category/p/48807-mountain-600?utm_source=brobible&utm_medium=affiliate

Got a pair of these Vivo barefoot hiker FGs, if you're into barefoot style boots give them a go.

ID on pants?

I do trail running and absolutely love my pair of Speedcross 4s.
Tried a ton of other brands but I always fall back on Salomons, they are just way too comfortable while still giving me all the support and traction I need.

are these waterproof?

no, just water-repellent

Can vouch for the meme boots working well for hiking as well.
Just keep wearing them and you'll get used to the harder sole + they will break in a little.

this board is full of pansies who dont know anything about the outdoors, OP. Get the pair your posted in another colorway

Ultraboost is very comfy but if those are primeknit they arent gonna be protecting your feet from any forces of nature, also the grey colorway is ugly as fuck

Danner has some nice ones. Wolverine too.

>>palladiums

>>no

I have some Danner Crater Rims. They’re very good.