Nike and why theyre a bad company

Firstly, Nike calls themselves a marketing company. That means they don't even see footwear, apparell, or anything else they "make" as innovative technologies or trying to make fashion better.

They market a lifestyle to people, that all on its own is wrong and messed up. They hire athletes and cultural popular people to wear their shit and suddenly theyre the #1 best footwear company in the world?

Really? Nike puts literal Air into a shoe (no technology, no improved performance) and people buy the shit like its gold.

Nike has tricked the world into thinking they stand for sports and people who actually want to achieve something buy buying constant endorsements.

How is it people fall for this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/miniswoosh/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bu they make sick collabs and someone has to challenge adidas.

Adidas as well, people praise them for boost technology when Puma had it first. No, not even that. Its the fact people give adidas the CREDIT FOR INVENTING IT.

When they didnt and simply fucking paid the company who does to use it in their products. Why are the general consumer so fucking stupid, these companies do not create innovative products.

>people praise them for boost technology when Puma had it first
Puma squandered their opportunity with it. Having it first doesn't give it the benefit of using it to the best ability/style.
>Its the fact people give adidas the CREDIT FOR INVENTING IT.
Do you expect the average person to really look into every detail about their clothing, to know every strand's origin and chemical makeup? Adidas doesn't hide the fact that they use BASF's chemicals for their footwear, they just don't openly advertise it because what's the point?

Why does literally any of this shit matter? Nike produces apparel and shoes for people to wear. I wear clothes because they are comfy and look good. Nike makes comfy things that look good.

Why does it matter if they "innovate" or not? Why does is matter if they have new technology or not? Why does it matter if they use shady business tactics?

Anybody who wears clothes based upon how much they "innovate" are honestly fucking losers who need to reconsider their life choices. That is a pathetic mindset to purchase clothing by.

dude, it’s fucking clothing

you wear it and if it’s comfortable you’ll wear it again

are you fucking stupid?

Welcome to capitalism, my man. People wear Nike because other people wear Nike and those people wear Nike because other people wear Nike. They do make decent shoes; I had a pair of Nike Flywire trainers that were probably the best running shoes I've ever owned so it's not like they don't make some quality products.

I know that within skateboarding they have very low and cut throat businesses practices. It's not about beating the competition; it's about annihilating them. I'm sure they're the same way in their other markets, and I'm sure the other big shoe brands are the same way.

Regardless of what you think about their designs, their consistently fucked up business practices should deter you from supporting them.

explain

i agree, i ahte them and i hate 95% of their stuff and their marketing but that 5% of products are pretty cool

I like how you're signalling Nike out as the only clothing company that considers itself a marketing company. Fashion in and of itself is just marketing. Following trends and meeting the demands of those trends with a product thats no different to its competitors. Ya dig

> why should I care?

This is a basic poor bitch excuse and at the same time you contradict yourselves. You should fucking care about what brand youre repping and what they stand for. Thats the fucking point of a brand to begin with, you wearin their shit means you agree with what the fuck they do and majority of it is shady ass 2 faced garbage to make you buy it without paying the actual manufacturers what they deserve.

But since consumers really are mindless apes who dont look into the businesses they spend their money on. No wonder the run-to argument is "why should i care" and not just admitting youre fucking stupid.

They dont advertise the fucking company that makes their shit

>whats the point

Are you listening to yourself? They are blinding the consumer of information to make themselves seem better than what they are.

Puma didnt mess up their chance it was attacked and assaulted by Adidas which is a bad-business practicing company.

Nike has been on a downhill slide since 04/05, when Knight stepped down. Prior to that they were truly innovative with each year surpassing the last in terms of design and technology. The ALPHA project line from 98-03 was their absolute peak IMO. Knight cared not only about the company's bottom line, but also ensuring they were market leaders with the most comfortable, innovative products and technology's. He hired incredibly talented designers and allowed them free reign to take risks with new materials and designs.

Nike today is a far cry from what they once were. The bottom line is all that matters and they bank on rehashed designs from the 80s,90s and early 00s. Instead of putting money into developing new technologies and silhouettes. Most of the new tech Nike has touted in the past 10 years is merely cost cutting measures under the guise of innovation. Flywire and Flynet are means of making more shoes with less material and heat welding is far from innovative and a means to eliminate production costs by reducing the need for sweatshop workers and stream lining production by machine. These are all techniques to produce more shoes faster, while eliminating any and all more costly natural materials.

VAPORMAX is kinda dope IMO. But even that is a very similar concept to Reeboks DMX tech from the 90s.

Nigga, I wear nikes because they feel good and generally look good, chill.

>Firstly
Stopped reading right there.

what do you expect from Amerimutt product?

this

B-but muh negroid-americano ape-hoop players

>Firstly, Nike calls themselves a marketing company.
>That means they don't even see footwear, apparell, or anything else they "make" as innovative technologies or trying to make fashion better.
No it doesn't.

>They market a lifestyle to people, that all on its own is wrong and messed up.
Maybe if you dislike leading an active lifestyle.

>Nike has tricked the world into thinking they stand for sports and people who actually want to achieve something buy buying constant endorsements.
If by "the world" you mean shallow-pated halfwits such as yourself who take marketing literally, mistake the effect for the cause and ignore the object of fashion then that's not saying much.

>How is it people fall for this shit?
See above

Alright so what’s the most expensive item you own

> no it doesnt

Nice rebuttal, however Nike has shown otherwise factually.

>maybe if you dislike an active liftstyle

Yes because i cant lead one without Nike, interesting thought process.

>ignore the object of fashion

Im well aware fashion at its most basic line is just shallow bs, but there is a silverline not to cross as a company as well as business ethics.

I produce my own clothes

>Nice rebuttal, however Nike has shown otherwise factually.
How do you rebut a blatant non-sequitur

>Yes because i cant lead one without Nike, interesting thought process.
I'm not addressing your lifestyle, I'm addressing your referring to Nike's active lifestyle marketing as "wrong" and "messed up".

>Im well aware fashion at its most basic line is just shallow bs
I think you're referring to consumer ideology, not fashion, i.e. the art and craft of clothing, which is far from shallow. Either way you're conflating marketing and the object of fashion with behind-the-scenes business conduct.

>but there is a silverline not to cross as a company as well as business ethics.
So as a business mehns do you also make value-judgements for medicine, food, media, a couch etc. and act on them based on whether the companies involved cross a silverline in business ethics or do you invest these peripheral pseudo-problems with importance for less concerning things

shoe dog was a great book

>You should fucking care about what brand youre repping and what they stand for
You shouldn't give a fuck because it's mass produced clothing and you aren't getting paid for advertising. You just buy what you like and mind your own fucking business. If you are autistic enough to treat wearing a brand name shirt like some sort of gang, I can't help with how mentally damaged you are.

Nike has ugly ass shoes. First of all, they don't have any good looking "lifestlye" shoes, since they're all sportswear. Secondly, they have that nigger hypebeast meme going on with their shoe design.

This is why I strongly prefer Adidas over Nike. I probably won't buy another Nike shoe that's not pic related which I currently wear.

>They dont advertise the fucking company that makes their shit
Why would they need to? BASF doesn't ask them to, and they don't sell their formulas to everyday citizens anyway since 1985 you, fucking nutcase. BASF already makes $100b/year and they don't want any advertising. Maybe know what the fuck you're talking about instead of wasting bandwidth you stupid prick. Literally no one will bother to care who makes Infirnergy, who makes the primeknit, who makes the aglets, who makes autists like you, ect... All they care about is getting a shoe that looks nice and it's not Adidas's fault that Puma is shit and no one cares about looking deeper into the "tech" that their products use.

>hey have that nigger hypebeast meme going on with their shoe design.
What are yeezys, and dames, and human races? Not that I hate adidas but both companies are using hype shit to push new items out,

To be be fair, Yeezys are actually a nice lifestyle shoe. The hype came from Kanye, not from the design of the shoe itself, which is actually rather tame and not flashy

Eh, looks too much like a fish from the top, I'm into more narrow looking shoes. Plus I do hope the hype at least gets this a revival.

>You shouldnt care about the brands you wear.

This is retarded, literally the whole fashion world ethos is branding first and then quality, style, etc after. The shit you wear on your fucking BODY defines you, should I walk around with a fucking swatika on my tshirt and then say when someone points how bad it is out that "Hey you shouldnt care about the message i send with what i wear".

Come on man, the only reason youre defending Nike is cause youre dumb enough to buy shit you like but not look into the brand and what they stand for, they could be using child labor and your ass wouldnt care

People care about better products, people care about innovation in EVERY INDUSTRY you fucking buffoon, saying they dont is the moat dumbass shit youve said in the thread.

Adidas shouldnt take credit for a product and the innovations of that product likw they do thanks to consumers not being well-versed in who is actually making the damn boost tech.

Thats the point here, nike nor innovate shit yet you huy their garbage because what? They have some stylish font logos? They outsource their product production to 3rd world? So much fot the "its good quality" argument.

Please youre fucking full of shit

> The clothing brands you wear define who you are

> The clothing brands you wear define who you are

wearing giant check marks looks fuckin dumb

>Having your head this far up your own ass

>I buy clothes i like and get into trends i like but somehow this doesnt define me.

No argument.

This, people walk around with checkmarks like it validates them

>You should fucking care about what brand youre repping and what they stand for.
>You shouldn't give a fuck because it's mass produced clothing and you aren't getting paid for advertising.
then the idiot misquotes the previous poster
>You shouldnt care about the brands you wear.
and begins attacking a strawman
The other guy didn't say he doesn't care about what brands he wears, he was rejecting your capitalistic mirror-tool imperative of evaluating and representing clothing brands primarily based on how they're advertised and the business ethics underlying their production (which are two different things in their own right), desensitized ideological tosh throughout and far from the main reason why people decide to wear the clothing they do.

>This is retarded, literally the whole fashion world ethos is branding first and then quality, style, etc after.
Again, you're conflating consumer ideology (fashion world ethos) with the object of fashion proper: clothing (quality, style, etc.). Consumer ideology is just a particular language used for representing clothing as commodity in shared lifestyle images, a language you're lost in and made even more conflicted with peripheral business ethics nonsense.

>The shit you wear on your fucking BODY defines you, should I walk around with a fucking swatika on my tshirt and then say when someone points how bad it is out that "Hey you shouldnt care about the message i send with what i wear".
Clothing is a language in consumer ideology, no shit

Dude is stuck so far up his dumb ass it's causing cognitive dissonance

/r/im14andthisisdeep

>Getting this worked up over some sportswear company that has no affect on your life.
Grow up.

>OMG you're wearing *that* brand?
I'm gonna flap my hands and shriek loudly
Reeeeeeeeeee

Go ahead and post it on leddit for that meaningless karma then, faggot.

What do you guys think about this person?
instagram.com/miniswoosh/

>Adidas shouldnt take credit for a product and the innovations of that product likw they do thanks to consumers not being well-versed in who is actually making the damn boost tech.
They don't. It's not their fault people don't care to look into what BASF is and aren't as autistic as you to care. Seriously, kill yourself.
>They outsource their product production to 3rd world? So much fot the "its good quality" argument.
Welcome to the current year, where almost every name brand uses chinks to save on costs because geography doesn't necessarily equal poor stitching. You're fucking retarded and I'm not even into nike. Try talking like a person instead of out your ass you fucking subhuman.

If you read this post, and you don't reply...
when morning comes, your mother will die.

Youre here trying to justify the immoral ethics and blatant stupidity of consumers cause you feel doing the right thing and promoting brands of good values and culture is too much if they arent the mainstream number one in marketing.

That on its own is sad enough but youre here calling me the bad guy, im not the one marketing a bullshit lifestyle to you, im not the one making you more inclined to buy clothes and footwear by making sure you see it. Youre so used to being played by big corporations that youre here actually defending them and their tactics without making a dollar from it.

You're here wasting bandwidth and jumping on the anti-corporations bandwagon because you have nothing better to do but waste time and try to sound like you're on some enlightened mission against clothing companies. I literally don't care what you believe in, you've only proven yourself to be some autistic petulant child with nothing to argue about. I sincerly hope you kill yourself before escaping the swamp of a room you live in and engage some poor normal folk in an entrapment of words with you. Seriously, fuck off and die. You're annoying and no one in the 1st world cares about sweat shop chinks vs european artisans tanning your leather unless they're trying to virtue signal. Not even the chinks care about their own people in sweat shops. If you want to rant about how the world is a fucked up place, do so somewhere else, preferably after downing some bleach.

>tripfag
Opinion deemed irreverent. Try again on reddit, maybe they'll care about your user name.

If you post "your mother will die if you don't reply" you should just drink lye.

It's actually the complete opposite: tripcodes are the only legitimate means to verifying the knowledge and expertise of a poster by referring to his archive of posts, if the desired end is to gain continuous productive insight. By being anonymous your posts are by default discontinued random opinions that produce fleeting impressions and are thus rendered invalid and worthless in any legitimate context.

K

So I should be like you? An idiot who is so far up his ass in thr capitalistic way of life that he cant see when he's being played and anyome who doesnt conform or calls out the nonsensical bs from corporations is a child? Realy bro, with that logic go defend any fucking company on the planet that has ever done questionable shit to make a dollar. I sincerely hope your ass dies because thats the problem with most people, youre here calling me a child when all youve been spouting is "people shouldnt care, thats what adulthood is, not caring". You should like a fucking child who feels not caring about shit is cool.

Go drink some bleach bro.

>repping
stopped reading there

You should just kill yourself you fucking commie. You're not doing anything new, you're just acting like a rebellious nigger.
Nah, that's gay af you damn attention whore.

>all youve been spouting is "people shouldnt care, thats what adulthood is, not caring".
Nowhere was that ever said or implied. He called you a child because you're throwing a tantrum over something trivial. Nike is a company that makes sportswear as well as non-athletic wear and has a desire to please shareholders. It's nothing new and every major company does it. There's no tricking going on, it's just marketing and legacy icons. Same shit going on with BMW. All their cars after 2007 have serious battery issues but people still see the blue and white badge standing for a luxury sports car and not a piece of shit.

So you own a worthless startup fashion line and are salty because no one buys your designs so you take it out on larger companies because you’re hurt you can’t have the same success as them

Gotcha