I bought stan smiths offline on sale for $100, but I returned them as soon as I found cheaper ones ($89...

I bought stan smiths offline on sale for $100, but I returned them as soon as I found cheaper ones ($89.95 plus 15% student discount) on the Adidas website.

What exactly is the difference between this model and the normal stan smiths?

It says it's in "luxe tumbled leather" opposed to full grain leather on the normal model, and it has a stan smith logo stamped on the side.

Did I fuck up here? Is this an outlet model or something? The normal listed price at $120 is more expensive than the normal stan smiths at $110 CAD.

adidas.ca/en/mens-stan-smith-shoes/S75074.html?forceSelSize=S75074_630
adidas.ca/en/mens-stan-smith-shoes/M20324.html?pr=product_rr&slot=1&forceSelSize=9

You couldn't bother to look up the definitions of full grain leather and instead had to make a post asking about it? Jesus...

which one is supposed to be more premium? full grain or tumbled leather? i did search it up but nothing pointed me to the exact difference between full grain and tumbled leather...

Full grain is tougher but unrefined. Tumbled is full grain leather that is treated in a way to "pop" more, so to speak. Just look it up man, compare images of different hides.

The tongues are also different

They are the vintage model, so the pre-yellowing of the sole and older look basically. How do you not realise this retard

All i know is that the "thicker" model ages badly compared to the other model.

should i buy stan smiths or will i look like a faggot 14 yo white girl

buy them. they're still a basic staple item, nothing to do with how "basic white girl" you are.

Normal stan smiths are fucking boring and these aren’t. That’s the difference.

remember just because you see something over saturated on the internet doesn't mean its over saturated. Think about it how many people on your campus or whatever you do do you actually see wear stan smiths ? I live in a super hipster busy town in California and can count the amount of times I have seen them on my hands..same with old school vans.

Back in 2014 when they re released the smiths after some years of not selling them they were with high quality leather and suede heel tab.

Then they started making first in the US the horrible plastic version with the sole that stayed white and didn't develop patina.
Then they started selling those in Europe too and now the og good leather version is not made anymore.

The version with the golden letters is also good leather but it has branding and no suede heel tab.

Pic related: 2014 version.

why would you want a suede heel tab though? looks horrible.

Dude... I paid 15 usd for Stan Smith's, the retro edition with better leather, wtf.
They were in clearance plus I have military discount.
Feels good bro

damn how much is the military discount? I only got 15% student discount since it's already on sale. Got it for $80 CAD total.

It depends of the store, the price was 35usd, so I think the military discount was about 15usd + no taxes
I wasn't so sure about the stans but they were sooo cheap so I bought them, I don't regret desu.

whoa how the fuck was it 35 usd?

I prefer the other version without the gold lettering on the side

I found them on clearance, without box, at the adidas outlet in NY, plus it was end of season, they were the last pair, I think they were so cheap because of the size (My feet is small, size 7). No one bought them and so I did.

You'll look like a faggot, regardless. Stans are unisex and most people can rock them after breaking them in.

>military veteran
>size 7 feet
lol

I never said I’m a military veteran, my dad is, I was visiting him in NYC and he decided to buy some sneakers to run, so I helped him, then I found the Stans at clearance thus I bought them

people who wear these but don’t play tennis are poser faggots

i still wear those

Yeah, people who wear converse but don't play basketball just kill themselves..

I need Stan smiths in wide but adidas does not make them.

Pls help

Why the fuck can't I find this shoe anywhere? I called the local Adidas outlet and a bunch of stores near me and nobody has any. What size should I order if I wear a 10 in converse?

People who wear jeans but don't herd cattle on horseback are scum.

How do you keep those shoes white/not dirty? I'm tempted to get a pair for spring when i'm not working but i'm scared they'll look like shit after 2 weeks of use.

I had Superstars which i used for like 5 months and they look like shit already(the heels interior is destroyed, the front sole is detaching from the leather, etc...)

please help

Guys?

Literally Google how to clean leather shoes.

It's the original look

People who wear baseball caps but don't play baseball should be decapitated and used for batting practice.

why are stan smiths a things when superstars look similar, if not better, and cheaper. everyone and their dog has stan smiths and superstars so who cares lmao

the only cheap white sneaker i can say looks good and not everyone wears em anymore is the nike air force 1

The Nike Air force 1 is nowhere as versatile as the Stan Smiths or superstars though. It's only good for hypebeast streetwear