Fashion Expert AMA

I'm a Fashion Expert, AMA other than personal questions. This is your chance to have actual fashion discussion on this board. Go

Are these worth it?

What makes you an expert?

Worth is subjective but sure

he got laughed at in waywt and now is trying to make himself feel better

Work in the industry

Let me rephrase the question: What makes you think, OP, that you are an expert. Where do you work in the industry?

Ask me questions to test my expertise instead of questioning it outright then you can make your judgement based off of it

Where do you work in the industry?

North America

Again, Where do you work in the industry? What part of the chain? How did you get into it?

what is the most durable fabric?

looking for waterproof,
mold and mildew resistant
insulating
and machine wash and dry

A variety of roles including artistic, creative, communications, brand direction, styling, retail direction, ecommerce, basic design & manufacturing, curator & consultant for a number of projects, general assistant to other figures, etc.

Got into it by trying alot and doing lots of odd jobs, and at a certain point you have enough basic skillsets in your resume to be able to apply for lots of different jobs, which you may not meet all the requirements for but alot of work in the industry is about learning on the job , being flexible, multi-faceted, and developing the skills required on your own volition.

how to terrorwave without mask

Goretex is probably your best bet that checks most of those boxes for something you are able to realistically find in the market in desired styles

Any concrete examples of your work?

What type of pants to style the Black velvet Wyatt boots from SLP.
Anything else besides black trousers?

No, because while I am not a major figure in the industry I am known well enough in my extended circles that it would be pretty easy to figure out who I was. The industry is quite small, I am seperated in 2 degrees (someone I know knows someone) from alot of major players in the industry

Styling questions are very hard to answer over the internet without concrete photo references and examples, especially when I have no idea of who you are, and what you look like

What are your recommended books and resources (Online courses, magazines, blogs)?

Point us in a direction worth going.

I have not taken any online courses but Business of Fashion does offer some for a reasonable price that may be helpful in getting your foot in the door for entry level positions beyond sales staff for retailers. Magazines aren't very useful nowadays and most tidbits worth seeing can be found on their website or Instagram page. Blogs have not been a helpful platform for anything for 4-5 years now. BoF is the only publication I check regularly but only because I have an industry subscription to them so I should be using it or else it'd be a waste of money.

>Work in the industry
works in retail

How much is Instagram important when it comes to becoming a model, and finding a new agency ?

What do you think Hedi will end up doing at CĂ©line ?

What do you think about style consistency ? Should one always dress un in the same style or is it possible to mix several different styles not totally related

Is being a legit 6'4 too tall to be a runway model?
I read that Chico is 6'4 but they list him at 6'2

>went to vogue and watch the fashion week
>Haider ia soo sick, I'm a fashion God now
>hey effay ama
>ama
Please leave, go back to the website of the ama's

Only Hedi knows so what I think doesn't matter

Should? Should for what purpose?

Where did the idea of 'designer as genius' originate from and how well that does idea hold up in current times.
How many people are behind a collection and how many of them get the recognition?

I got BoF pro through my uni (even though I'm studying law kek) and desu I find it the best fashion media around. Now that I've been browsing it weekly for a few years I can safely say that I will pay the pro subscription when I'm done with studies

It's an older idea from a different time and cultural climate. The idea still holds up but the "genius" factor can cover a wider range, you can be a designer who is genius in his overall direction of a brand and cultivating tremendous commercial desire in their products, even if the design of the clothing itself is not necessarily "progressive" or fashion for the sake of innovation and pushing boundaries. Hedi / Alessandro are good examples of these types at the highest levels. So you don't have to be some gifted genius with an impeccable eye for form and elusive beauty like the old masters, couturiers.

The number of people behind a collection depends on the brand and the scale of the collection, anywhere between 5-100+ people (also dependis on what you consider "behind", including or not including those in the manufacturing process.) Usually the creative director takes all the credit but there are so many behind the scenes designers who are only recognized within circles in the industry, and they are often shifting between brands and making big differences but of course nobody knows because it's not announced in the media, etc. Current major player at Raf's Calvin Klein is Matthieu Blazy, who was previously at Celine and before that, was heading Margiela anonymously prior to Galliano's instatement. But almost nobody in the public has ever heard of him.

You're the one who claims it to be, so it's not an odd question to show your credentials. Since you want to stay anonymous, so be it.

>>lookism.net

To what extent can a shoe actually be a meme?

do you prefer mocknecks over turtlenecks?

Where do you see the structure of fashion show going in the next 5-10 years? Will we maintain seasonal (and rapid) turnover? Or will more people adopt the idea to break away from seasonal shows and take time to work on their project without time constraints?

lol

what is your opinion on this style? will it ever make a return?

>people actually believe this guy

the absolute state of you newfags