New to the shaving game

New to the shaving game
Will I be ok buying my shaving products from walmart?
Here's what I need to buy
>safety razor
>blades
>shaving soap
>brush
I'm not looking for anything fancy I just want to ditch the disposable razors so that I stop getting pimples

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/100-Astra-Superior-Platinum-Shaving/dp/B00CK7NQ8Y/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1520601873&sr=8-5&keywords=safety razor blades
acneeinstein.com/shaving-acne/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>new to the shaving game
your facial hair is probably soft enough that you dont need a brush or shaving soap even. just use a decent razor and shave after your shower

well by new to the shaving game i meant i've been using shitty disposable razors for about a year now
so new to the non disposable razor shaving game

there is a subreddit

Get this: amazon.co.uk/100-Astra-Superior-Platinum-Shaving/dp/B00CK7NQ8Y/ref=sr_1_5_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1520601873&sr=8-5&keywords=safety razor blades

Lasts forever

>he shaves

Come on lad

>New to the shaving game
>wants to use a safety razor
Lol have fun.

>I just want to ditch the disposable razors so that I stop getting pimples
Why do you think a safety razor will be any different

It's way different you fucking pleb

>new to the shaving game

I fucking hate that this board is full of literal children.

These are the "people" giving you fashion advice, let that sink in.

Yes, it's very bad. Don't take advice from here

You really only need the razor and the blades, Just shave in the shower and it'll be literally the same if not better than using soap because the soap wont clog the blade.

No it is not "way" different. You are running a razor blade across your face. If you want to reduce the amount of pimples after shaving then learn to shave properly and use better sensitive skin shaving cream.

You fucking freak.

that's some disgusting skin right there

Not really, no. You get those pimples mostly from your skin not being properly relaxed when you start and skipping out on the moisturizer after you are done.
Simply changing from a cartridge razor to a safety one won't change anything, it will probably even make it worse since your shave will be that much closer and shave off that much more skin.

Make sure your skin is properly prepared before shaving, lay a hot towel over it or take a shower and make sure to blast your face with water as hot as you can stand, and start using a proper skincare routine. It will help a lot.

ok i bought a shaving kit plus a $3 shaving soap
the blades at walmart are expensive as shit so i didn't buy them
where do you guys buy your blades?

if i don't shave i grow a moustache and neck patches, not a beard

acneeinstein.com/shaving-acne/

if it's any consolation i don't come here
just thought it was a good board to ask for advice

ok i'll try it

>hurr durr website say so that mean i right xD
Retard.

Lads how do you schedule your shaving with your skincare routine?
I usually shave before a shower so I can skip aftershave, cleanse in the shower and moisturise after but I'm not sure that's the best, and a lot of people say to shave after a shower. But then should I use aftershave or moisturiser after the shave?

FTM please go

Shower (do your facial cleanse here) -> Shave -> Toner -> Moisturizer.
There is no need for an aftershave if you already do a proper routine, 99% of aftershaves simply tighten your pores and deliver moisture, you get both of those effects from your toner and moisturizer.
Make sure you don't exfoliate any places you also shave, every time you pull a razor over your face you already exfoliated more than you'd do with most products.

I don't use toner tho :/ could I just moisturise?

Holy shit you fags. just shave after your skin has been warmed up with hot water and learn the direction your hair grows and you don't have to worry about any of this gay shit.

Sure, it really depends on your products and what your skin is like though.
If you like it you can also just use your usual aftershave on the spots you shaved and use your moisturizer everywhere else. Throwing both on the same spot seems kinda overkill to me but if you like how it makes your skin feel it's really not a problem.

Really the only thing you definitely should change is showering/cleansing after you shaved. That's super rough on your skin and probably one of the biggest reasons you have issues with pimples in the spots you shaved. The only things that should come after your shave are products that are gentle and regenerative for your skin.

Psoriasis

I use Gilette Fusion 5 blades since the razor pivots with the angles of your face . I also stopped using shaving gels and started using this. I don't get irritation or pimples at all anymore with this stuff. The tea tree oil really makes the skin smooth and clean.

You use less than the gels and it lasts for a couple months.

I need to be clean shaven every day now that I have an office job with plenty of face to face customer contact, but shaving daily without giving my face time to recover absolutely destroys my skin and I have no idea what to do about it.
Are electrical razors something I should maybe look into since they don't act directly on the skin? I used to just shave every other day but that's simply not enough now, I was explicitly told my usual 2-days stubble is too much.

i use the original and i can also support this, Cremo is an amazing brand and i haven't broken out using it either.

Electric shavers rekt my face so bad the one time I used one. They don't get close at all just stick to regular shaving. I have to shave everyday as well. The Cremo shave cream I posted above saves my face from irritation.

I like the cooling feel of the one I got. It's probably from the peppermint.

I'll give it a shot once I'm done with my current gel then. Thanks for the recommendation

Also use this after you shave so your face doesn't dry out. Keeps it moisturized without feeling thick or greasy at all.

But with the shave cream you will notice a huge difference.

He’s supposed to have cancer in the show

Just don't shave against the grain OP. My job requires me to have a clean face so i shave every day, no razor bumps ever

how many passes do you do?

Just shaved after shower and the worst thing was the fucking foggy mirror lol. I could get used to this though if you say it's better for the skin.