Ask a guy who thrifts 90% of his clothes anything

Ask a guy who thrifts 90% of his clothes anything

What's the other 10%

raf simons, rick owens, etc.

At the beggining, did you buy random shit just to see if it would work? Or do you always go with something in mind?

Big whoop, 100% of my clothes are thrifted except underwear and socks

i went thrifting one day and all i could find was xxl large grandpa clothes, do you people live in big cities or something?

Yeah, I also go thrifting a bunch just finding khaki dockers n generic shit.. but in fat people size.
But I do live in a small town bordering other small towns, so not many ways good shit can get in there.

>thinking this is worthy of an AMA

All of my underwear and cocksocks are 100% thrifted.

Post fit?

I fucking love stuffing lingerie, bikinis and panties into my pocket, going into a changing room with some clothes and using the undergarnments to jack off. Stroke my cock with the crotch of each item, huff the swim suits. Then cum into my palm and lather the crotches in my semen. Fuck I need to do this again

are you me? if so what's up?

this board is canceled

I'm fucking dead. Thanks mate.

Mostly items from local shops or bespoke stuff. Will get anything I can find from a thrift shop, and spent the bucks I saved on a more expensive purchase.
Saw it as treasure hunting, it's really nice to find something you like amongst all the piles of clothes, now when I have something in mind I always hit the thrift shops first and then the local market.
I live in the second largest city in my country, although most of the pants I find are huge, which is in my favor since I like my pants wider and high in the waist since I am bordering manlet status (5'10) and like older fits more. A good tailor helps a lot since I managed to get every pair of trousers tailored to my liking so far for like 10 bucks. But I have found a lot of jackets in my exact measurements.
I've seen a lot of guys here ask about thrifting, figured this might help.
Here
Hepatitis/10
Could be.

D second-hand shoes fuck up your feet?

Haven't bought any pair of second hand shoes yet. Saving money from thrifting to get a pair of meermin.

I did that for a few years until I discovered that the best and cheapest stuff is always old military uniforms, which is best found online, not in thrift stores.

Just find a cobbler in your area to buy old shoes from. I got some very nice 1960s Bundeswehr ankle boots that way.

Military stuff is a bit too larpy for me for everyday wear. It's quite comfy and effay as an alternative for hiking gear though.

Didn't know cobblers reselling old shoes was a thing. Are they used or just old but never worn?

Looks like shit

kek

Old but hardly worn in this case. Some cobblers buy old shoes and fix them up to sell.

this is godawful dadcore, opinion=discarded

I'd love to see more fits!
How do you go about finding good thrift shops? All I can find are trashy shit or high end expensive second-hand clothing.

Sometimes I find a nice jacket, but now I have too many jackets.

Where do you live? I only find nasty hoodies and trench coats at the ones by me. But on the other hand I do end up finding plenty of great button ups shirts, t-shirts, and caps

I live in Copenhagen

Honestly when I began I just visited every thrift store I came across, best ones are those with a moderate quality control. If there's no quality control everything is shit but if there's too much of it they only sell higher end stuff and become self aware and charge way more for them, thus deeating the purpose of thrifting for me. I've found amazing stuff (belstaff leather jacket, italian merino wool pants etc.) for dirt cheap. Will post some more thrifted fits if I find em later.

I can dig it, we go all the time. Getting Hermes, Brooks Brothers and other ties for 25 cents, is great. Northface, Colombia hiking clothes and gear cheap. Not to mention all the shit you can flip on CL.

Do you alter your clothes to fit? do you only buy clothes to fit ? or do you not care and get anything in your size range?

>read as [Fit]: sizing

Do you purchase clothing previously worn by others?

just what do you think thrifting is?

My preferences are very specific when it comes to fit so every pair of trousers I've bought I had it altered. I haven't needed to get any jacket altered because it's easier to find ones that fit me.
Pretty much, though I have found some pieces still with the tags on. Mostly everything looks brand new, maybe because of the quality.

is your IQ over 200?

how many times have you gotten stuck with a heroin needle that was left in a pocket?

Enjoy your bedbugs, user.

is wearing used clothes acceptable?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and...
I thrift old people clothes so worst case scenario I find a piss stain, which is a deal breaker.
No bedbugs here
No one can tell the difference. Since I thrift to find higher quality shit they think my clothes are not only new but expensive as well.

i buy used shit aswell, but what are your criteria for a badly damaged item? Do you have something of a tolerance towards heavily worn pieces or do you only cop the factory-new look-likes?

Of course what the fuck man

If something can easily be fixed, as in a torn sleeve or frayed edges, I usually cop it, stains are a no go because chances are the original owner tried to remove the stain and failed. I have bought two leather jackets that show signs of wear, though not excessive. I would say brand new to mild wear is within my preferences.

for the money you spend at good will you can get real labels or even entry levvel basics from off saks 5th avenue the tjmaxx competitor

you can rock full alex wang, mcqueen (burton), and a ton of theory for h&m pricing if you're not picky on color

thrifting is far more fun

Wow you browse tumblr so cool

all of that modern crap is worthless, ugly, poorly designed, and little will hold its value. pretty disappointed in you sieg. luxury/designer "basics" are an absolute scam.

Don't care about designers in the least, if it looks good on me and matches the rest of my wardrobe I'm set, and as said, thrifting is fun.
I don't :^)

Yeah I realized, stopped wearing designer bullshit a while ago.

Actually was embarrassed af when I held a 100% polyester Nike t shirt and it felt better than a $400+ sea island charvet shirt....then realized I was pissing money away

Like those PBJ everyone told me to buy we're no better than the $45 selvedge Levi's with the white oak labelling... only difference is made in USA vs japan

And artificial indigo vs Nat. But the artificial shit lasts longer

what's the most expensive piece you've found? (as far as retail price in comparison to what you paid @ a thift)

Picrel, retails for 1,595 got it for 25. Found a lot of bespoke garments as well, but I don't know the original price.

Attached: panther-jacket-black-brown-71050068l81n005690023.jpg (1568x2000, 326K)

thrift can get you vintage clothes and unique shit that no one else has. besides, I like knowing some 6 year old polynesian kid didn't starve to make my brand new jacket.

would you say thrifting has had a positive impact on your aesthetic?

Do you ever find any retro computers or consoles

Also live in a small town bordering small towns. Go often enough and you will find shit you wouldn't believe. I've found Burberry, YSL, Armani, Gucci luggage, vintage jordans, vintage concert tees, even a HBA hoodie once. Typically it's just fat grandpa clothes and Nautica/Tommy Hilfiger meme shit though. Just don't expect to walk out with Rick Owens or anything like that.

Hi, I'd like to welcome you to the year 2018 where every teenager and college student thrifts to get that cool, trendy Mac Demarco aesthetic and mall-core is officially dead, even in the middle of nowhere like the town I live in.

Pants could be hemmed a bit and you could find some better shoes, otherwise I like it.

Definitely since I'm into 30s-60s stuff
I have found NBA Jam for the Genesis and some old computer monitors
Thanks, the pants have no break as it is so doubt I can go any higher without them looking cropped

I do too OP, although i also shop vintage stores when i need something in particular or if i have the money and the thrifts in my area are pretty dry.
I love the hunt and that usually what you find is unique, and you can really craft your own style.

Yup, but rarely.

Plenty of retro cameras, stereo systems, or mixers too

for me, definitely.
The only clothes i cop compliments for regularly are from thrifts.
Since everything is so cheap as well its really easy to grow your wardrobe too.

any vintage canon EF prime lenses? hook a sieg up

older leica and zeiss glass too

Check out antique shops/warehouses rather than thrift stores, mr dubquads.

A decently large one usually has a whole cabinet dedicated to vintage cameras, plus its a fun weekend hunting through all the old shit. You find some absolute gems for interior designing if youre into that too.

How do I introduce myself and make conversation with girls in my uni class?

Find a random reason to talk to them first, eg ask about a class or some assignment. Then pick up the pace and talk to them often. Always worked for me.

oooooo lucky boy