Tfw love the aesthetic of punk runk bands

>tfw love the aesthetic of punk runk bands
>tfw absolutely loathe the music

i wanna buy shirts like this but feel like im just a poser

Attached: black flag.jpg (1080x1080, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Uhe-3rYdv0I
youtube.com/watch?v=54Rk5LzPx4E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i cannot even begin to comprehend how much of a faggot a person has to be to buy pre-ripped shirts

Black Flag shirts arent pre ripped but yeah I get your point

>absolutely loathe the music
>i wanna buy the shirts
You are the type of person that generation of punks reviled.

It's a good look, m8
Very artistic.

People that took punk seriously back then never really "got it". It was always done with a background of irony.

>wearing band shirts of bands you dont listen to
kys

I have a hard time believing anyone "absolutely loathes" the first gen punk or hardcore bands. Like, most of the big name 77-83 bands (particularly the American ones) are pretty played out to me, but that's just because I grew up obsessed with that music, I'm not gonna like... Get annoyed if I hear a Circle Jerks record or something, it's just super "whatever."

Anyway, I'd say the charm of most of that early stuff is that the imagery complimented the music so well. So if there's something that appeals to you visually, there probably IS something you'd like sonically. I'd say dig a little deeper into the music and develop an ear for it, and ultimately find an area that appeals to you, musically. Then find a way to project your interest in that style to the world.

Most importantly stop thinking of "punk music" as a monolithic entity. Like, a UK band from 77 and a Polish band from 1986 might be filed next to each other in a record shop, but they're worlds apart, musically, stylistically, etc. Understanding that difference and the reasons why will keep you from being a "poser," and inevitably lead to smarter, punk inspired fits.

Attached: 243C763B-90FD-4239-8557-04E7AC3C21C8.jpg (225x157, 36K)

dicotomy and clashing styles sometimes works.

just get a band/ pop singer you like and "punkify" a t-shirt.
works better the older the act is.
i.e. an Abba , "punked-out" shirt will be more acceptable than a brittany spears "punked out" shirt.
but thats just an assumption of mine.

Do you dislike ALL “punk runk“ subgenres? Cause there are quite a few

Art punk, post-punk, pop punk etc

>works better the older the act is.
Might as well take it to the extreme and get a punky Mozart tee then

Would actually be extremely awesome. Modern subversion of classical art is effay af

Been done to death.

I love Black Flag
>Yet I do not own a single item with their name on it.

I know I'm pretty great

go for henry rollins core. plain black tee, black jeans and black and white vans.

Anyone who is still a punk is a fucking fag anyway, no one cares what they think.

>gets called out for being a dicknot punk poser
>"p-p-punks are such fucking fags right guys?"

I’m not him and I don’t own anything that could be misconstrued as punk. Doesn’t make punks any less faggy in 2018. It’s been a dead movement for 30 years.

That shirt is obviously pre-ripped.
It looks like someone took a scissor and make some holes, yuck

Attached: 72_RAF_PATCHSWEATER_RS.jpg (1300x1625, 80K)

I like punk rock but I absolutely can't stand the amount of work it takes to pull off the aesthetic. Never made sense to me why punks would take an hour to get ready every day just to look like they don't care what you think of them. I was always more of a buzz cut, band shirt, blue jeans and boots kinda guy.

only d-beat is real
feel the nuklear gröovez infekting your body
youtu.be/Uhe-3rYdv0I

many punkts are deeply searching for appreciation by their own folks. Not the crust ones tho.

*fixed

Attached: Black-Dads-White-0-1-1-800x800.jpg (800x800, 63K)

You're pretty much the textbook example of a poser, OP.

>:I like punk rock but I absolutely can't stand the amount of work it takes to pull off the aesthetic.
Depends on what you're doing.
I have fairly punky hair I think you'd say and it take an hour watching TV to dye it every once and a while and only a couple seconds to go flipflap with some butch wax to make it stand all day.;

>:Never made sense to me why punks would take an hour to get ready every day just to look like they don't care what you think of them.
I guess part of what you could say is that it's not about not caring what they look like, just about not caring what they look like as held to YOUR/society's standard.

>:I was always more of a buzz cut, band shirt, blue jeans and boots kinda guy.
Yes, 80s hardcore happened. Even before that, though, check out any concert and you'll see guys like you from the start.

Wasn't bought like that but was def done on purpose. Not sure if that makes it better or worse.

>tfw absolutely loathe the music
pussy

stop appropriating cultures you heathens

>I was always more of a buzz cut, band shirt, blue jeans and boots kinda guy.
This is also a pretty punk look though, sounds pretty 80's hardcore to me.

punk style changed and has a lot of variation from region to reigon when it comes to dress more or less.
t.touring punk bassist

you are loser if you wear shirts of bands you dont like

yeah obviously its dead as a "movement" but doesn't mean it was irrelevant

going to hardcore shows is fun but anyone tries to ""gatekeep"" the scene is a fucking faggot and a poser

punk was started by viv westwood and co as a marketing scam to sell shitty t shirts and other horrendous trash anyway

>arguing about punk
>not realizing post-punk and goth is a million times better

wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=54Rk5LzPx4E

>punk was started by viv westwood and co as a marketing scam to sell shitty t shirts and other horrendous trash anyway

i think you mean mclaren, to sell new york dolls records

>CBGBs didn't exist
>Punk started in London
Plz leave

found the hypebeast fuck boy.

you're a poser

>feel like im just a poser
rightfully so

>"punkify"
>"punked out"

Attached: 1411219769598.jpg (259x194, 8K)

Is my shirt that says Fuck Stepdad punk enough for you bitches

Don't worry, so are most of the trust fund babbys who act punk.

I struggle to think of anything more “fuck boy” than dressing up in a punk costume in 2018 to signal how rebellious you are

if you hate the music then just wear other bands/artists that have a similar aesthetic.

Yea but people still hate disingenuous faggots like you and nobody cares what those you faggots think

Then do it, you pussy

Most punks don't dress up all fancy, only nerds who listen to shit like Rancid and Nofx do.

>absolutely loathe the music
Small dicked soyboys should be banned from posting