Go to rick owens flagship paris

>go to rick owens flagship paris
>wearing freshly ironed abercrombie chinos and secondhand sperrys from my big bro
>tell mom to wait outside and not embarrass me in front of the gothninjas
>wanted to smoke a cigarette outside in the palais royal but mom was around and she would ground me when we get back to usa
>walk inside
>sales assistant asks me how i am and if i need any help
>start sweating profusely as i look at the price tags, but calmly instruct her i'm just here to handle the garms and that i'm in town for fashion week
>she says ok and walks away but the doorman keeps glaring at me impatiently
>the doorman is wearing rafs from ss11
>enraged i prepare to verbatim him why he is wearing rafs in a rock owens store but my mom bangs on the window and tells me to hurry up
>we catch the metro from the louvre and i ask my mom if we can stop at champs elysees and go to h&m

Attached: 1508896252702.jpg (512x384, 68K)

Attached: 1517584707233.gif (500x379, 933K)

kek

I was way too nervous to go inside anywhere beyond the likes of A.P.C, I passed Margiela and it was grandiose and looked like it was full of red velvet. Would've been cool to shoot some film in there.

>i prepare to verbatim him
what do you think the word verbatim means?

>tfw live in Paris and don't give a fuck anymore
>go to flagship stores, look at stuff, try them on, smirk at chinese tourists who are obviously much richer than I'll ever be and leave without buying anything
nothing personnel kid

Have Veeky Forums and /mu/ always been fucking stupid underage losers or am I just too old for these boards now?

this is me but I'm in the states

>go to a clothes shop I don't normally go to
>see something I really like
>look at the price tag
>try to hide the look of shock and disappointment on my face
>immediately walk out

>go to a clothes shop
>ask for the price of an item
>it's 500 euros sir
>chuckle and say "wow that's really expensive"
then they look at me like I kicked their dog

Francophone or francophile?

>Go to the luxury part of Toronto
>Walk into Holt Renfrew
>They have a full section dedicated to CDG PLAY
>Ask to try on a t-shirt and cardigan
>Flock of chinks wearing Off-white and Bape come in, grab shit without even trying it on and proceed to pay for it
>This all happened in the span of 30 seconds and from the vast amount of shit they bought, each of them spent well over $600 CAD that day

To be completely honest, I wasnt jealous or anything but seeing people like this associated with a brand you like kinda sours it for me.

Attached: 1518152140264s.jpg (236x229, 8K)

>liking CDG play
lmao maximum pleb

french
because it's like H&M for them

>liking CdG Play

You a cuck nigga if u don’t try slippy some Ricky thru tha mall.

based

>implying
just because I live in a dindu infested city doesn't mean I have to behave like them

>someone earning an average salary selling expensive clothes is going to judge you on not being rich
I mean if you're an asshole that makes their job harder sure but otherwise why would they even care

What is it with Chinese kids and wearing the most hypebeast/expensive shit imaginable without any thought to their outfit. They'll literally throw that shit on without any regard to fashion. Do they just like to signal wealth?

>then they look at me like I kicked their dog
topkek

Serves you right for having shit taste

That is called being a hypebeast

Basically yeah. Wealthy parents money + 0 taste.

From my understanding of it, they are the first of their families to have a ton of new found money, and because attending school abroad is so revered globally, nearly all of these new rich Chinese families ship their kids out to the US, Canada, UK, and AUS.

That being said, they have no real value of the money and only really appropriate whats popular + whats worth showing off. Think of the Kanye effect, whenever he is spotted wearing something, that shit sells out immediately. Well these Chinese kids do the same thing, except they can afford to do it to high end brands and insane resell prices too.

As far as the meme goes about them being soulless, its not entirely wrong. I mean, I have a international Chinese friend at my uni and she talks about the clothes they wear not really being about having a certain style but about having the most coveted garments to show off. They also think that price = status which is why you would see them wearing Marcelo Burlon and tons of Balenciaga.

They are in part the main reason for the utter mess that streetwear is in right now, being that you would only see rappers mixing brands like Supreme and LV together in their music videos and on tour but these Chinese kids have the budget to do it as well.

Its a nice shirt alright, there is nothing to complain about. Its not like Im wearing one of the mega flashy heart shirts

Attached: 2018-03-15 15_59_34-Cotton Jersey Black Emblem Tee Gray – HAVEN.png (744x747, 409K)

yes. the other day i saw a group of three Asian kids all wearing a completely random assortment of hype pieces and they all looked like shit. one kid was wearing an slp jacket with balenciaga speed trainers, one was nothing but supreme and off white, and one had geobaskets and a cdg play hoodie. all awful fits, but expensive. they were just blocking a busy stairway taking fit pics for a solid ten minutes.

This is basically me when I lived in Tokyo

I've never understood why people get intimidated by high end stores, the employees there are literally peasants

Would you mind telling them that? Go to any luxury store in NYC and it doesn't matter what you're buying, the employees there couldn't be more pretentious.

went to darklands once, spent minutes staring at CCP drips. as soon as one of the guys there realized i am poor he just gave me the adress of their cheaper store and told me "i'm sure you can make it in time before they close". of course i didnt make it, the store was only open for another 10 minutes. they really don't want you to go there without an appointment.

Very true. I walked past the rick owens store in soho the other day and the employees were looking outside like they were in a castle