This thread is dedicated to the discussion of boots as well as boot related topics such as fits...

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of boots as well as boot related topics such as fits, leather care and collections.

>all boot related faggotry belongs in the dedicated boot general

Also, Dr. Martens containment.

Attached: 2b0b3cfffab8990f440fd67f088a9331.jpg (1080x1080, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B001387QCI/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/dp/B0748HHWYK/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
danner.com/men/law-enforcement/?sortId=product-family
youtu.be/7XYXNrx7ROo
ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/shoes-boots-dare-25-chelsea-boot-in-black-leather_cod11265088jc.html#dept=men_shoes_boots
endclothing.com/gb/common-projects-chelsea-boot-2106-7547.html
allenedmonds.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-allenedmonds-Site/default/Product-Variation?pid=SF7522&dwvar_SF7522_color=7522
redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2292-red-wing-shoes/2292-red-wing-mens-10-inch-logger-boot-brown
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Need advice on deciding between these two Docs:
amazon.com/dp/B001387QCI/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

don't get docs
ge

This

Which of these law enforcement boots look the best? I can't decide
danner.com/men/law-enforcement/?sortId=product-family

Attached: 69410.jpg (1200x1200, 158K)

Personally I like most the Blackhawk II of the lot followed close by the uninsulated Acadia. Depends what height you prefer. If you haven't experience with an eight inch or higher I would shoot for one of the pairs in six inch.

Anyone have experience in custom orders from White's Boots? I want not just special fit but specific very specific make. A semi lace-to-toe in six inch with quarter, counter and backstay in navy chomexcel, and vamp in a natural french calf with un-decorated toecap. Curious if I ought go with them or different bootmaker as I am at about point where ready to drop the coin.

Attached: 1_018001000009.jpg (591x443, 244K)

i wish i could wear these more but i just don't know what to wear them with that doesn't look too edgy

Attached: 4L_zMJYBAHQ.jpg (3264x2448, 2.31M)

You might have made a mistake if you can't manage to pair these shoes. May well have made mistake regardless falling into a fad.

i've worn them a lot but am very bored with the three outfits i've made with them

I bought the mono black model, much easier to wear.

Let it be lesson to be more mindful in your purchases and to invest in wholly interchangeable wardrobe that requires no special coordination.

if i were to buy boots now they'd be what id go for, or cp boots
these are my dads from the 70's/80's

Common Projects are of mediocre quality.

My job gave me the Acadia. It's just a stand mil boot. The gortex waterproof is nice but I just wish they made it with a non steel safety toe.

Attached: 20180319_211307.jpg (4032x3024, 3.54M)

>t. never owned a pair

Quality is a buzzword in the fashion industry nowadays

I have a question for you bud. Different user by the way.

I have had these in the cart for a while. Are they worth the money? Are they comfortable? Do they last? And if you have had other Danner boots, do they fit true to size?

I also want the Rainforest boots. I currently own the Quarry.

If you live in Washington and are willing to make that drive up to Spokane, I bet they can make it happen. I haven't personally had any whites before but I sure do want some.

Here is a video for reference.
youtu.be/7XYXNrx7ROo

This British surplus-boot looks alot like a black AirWair-boot. Which is not a bad thing. Glad I could score a pair.

Attached: british surplus boot.jpg (1098x1200, 410K)

Wear can I buy a pair of black leather kilties? Currently restoring an old pair of combat boots and I'm trying to switch up their look with leather laces and a kiltie.

Why they got timb laces

Is there a specific term for hiking boots like these, kind of mid-ankle length with the triangle eyelets and mostly flat soles? And any recommendations? Bonus if you could actually use them for hiking.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 14.38.02.png (1397x725, 1.41M)

ootko päässy testaamaan jo? ulkonäkö miellyttää mutta tuo pohja vähän epäilyttää.

I believe you can buy them directly from each the big three nor'west boot makers. I also checked Amazon and found Wesco's false tongues being sold there if that would be more convenient.
A few of those are mountain boots but the ones you describe are the bastard children of mountain boots and hiking boots.

>mountain boots

Thanks m80

Tried ordering one (1) pair of standard 6" kilties from Nicks. They charge three (3) USD for the pair of false tongues. Pic related is the cost of shipping to Europe according to their site. MAGA.

Attached: Untitled.png (550x323, 15K)

Holy fuck. If you can't find them reasonable on a Euro branch of Amazon I recommend going to a leather worker. One worth their salt can make several pair in their spare time in under a week and match the leather to your shoe.

Honestly, I'm just gonna get a piece of black pebbled grain leather (to match my boots) and make them myself. It's not rocket science. Fuck paying for something so imple, let alone shipping something that small.

Leather working is a fine hobby to keep so good luck to you. Maybe /diy/ will have information to help you along. Glad I'm stateside. I paid no more than six dollars for two pairs from a local boot maker.

Step aside plebeians

Attached: 887D4AE6-0A05-46EC-B275-58A87C6CE70B.jpg (1500x1500, 284K)

Any alternative?

Attached: IMG_20180321_193423.jpg (996x985, 450K)

Nike SF Air Force I 1

>sneaker-boots
>in any year
frig off

Nick's tend to have a more abundant selection of customization. Plus their fitting process is down to the final hair on your toe.

Personally, I'd go Nick's.

Help me Veeky Forums,

Which pair of chelsea's should I buy?

ysl.com/gb/shop-product/men/shoes-boots-dare-25-chelsea-boot-in-black-leather_cod11265088jc.html#dept=men_shoes_boots

or

endclothing.com/gb/common-projects-chelsea-boot-2106-7547.html

I'm thinking the YSL's as the gold font kinda puts me off, but it's fairly cheaper.

You can just apply rubbing alcohol to the stamp on the CP's to get it off.

SL's.

That's fucking expensive mate.

RM Williams classic craftsman

Yeah mate, probably too much but I want at least one nice piece of clothing in my life time, normally I just buy asos branded bollocks.

I would get the projects but they seem to be a bit bulkier and want to wear these to work too.

the second ones, but allen edmonds has a similar pair if you're worried about the gold font.
allenedmonds.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-allenedmonds-Site/default/Product-Variation?pid=SF7522&dwvar_SF7522_color=7522

Are these whites?
Where*

if you're going to get a chelsea boot from SLP i'd just get the regular chelsea silhouette instead of that one with such a big band. Common Projects will probably be better quality but SLP will probably have a better fit.

Anyone got good recs for milsurp combat boots?

Addison

Attached: boooooot.png (1018x1310, 2.06M)

They're a custom pair of Wesco jobmasters.

I do like the regular, and they're cheaper, it's just the heel is a bit too big for my liking, worried it will come across too feminine. I am considering it though.

I am going to second your recommendation of RM Williams.

>bait

Wot, how is that baiting?

Whites has a similarly strict fitting process, even by e-mail. I wouldn't go with whites solely by those tapered heels, I really don't like the look. Opinions aside, either company will custom make you a fantastic boot.

boots i posted about in the previous thread came in and theyve quickly become my favorite pair of boots

Attached: maLpUQT.jpg (3002x3897, 689K)

posted these recently trying to find w2c things like them, old police/motorcycle boots or anything with soles like these

Attached: god i wish a asian schoolgirl would stomp on my face in these.jpg (551x553, 41K)

biltrite ansi
pic related is $99 from $400 on the wolverine site right now

Attached: WBSM-W40300-032416-S17-180-1_1024x1024.jpg (790x657, 26K)

Any recommendations for some good steel-toe boots?

I normally hate Docs but I needed a pair of boots and came up on these today for $12. Should I still rock or just find a different pair of boots

Attached: Screenshot_20180321-141959.png (1440x2560, 1.82M)

Depends on the worksite you need them for which includes the surfaces you would be working on and how much you would also be willing to pay and whether or not you care more about looks than safety. Perhaps you are just looking for a fashionable boot that happens to have a steel toe?

you are literally telling us to decide whether you like something or not

For a pair of shit-kickers twelve dollars is a steal. Rip the shit out of those without regret while you set aside for something you actually do like.

Assume they and all posts like this are in their first year of university and have no brains of their own. It'll save you ire.

Does your job not provide them for you? I had to go to the specific supplier that they gave me a coupon for and then I had to pick from the static-disippating boots which only gave me like 4 options to choose from. I got some Doc Martens which are pretty nice, I would recommend them.

W2c boots like pic related?

Attached: Screenshot_20180321-100501.png (1440x2560, 2.64M)

>wearing docs in construction

Attached: André Malraux.jpg (322x400, 31K)

The Niggerfaggot Store.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's this exact pair actually. They're steel-toe and static dissipative and they're actual certified safety boots, not skinhead fashion boots.

Attached: 13973201.jpg (480x400, 54K)

>ariat
>calling anyone a plebian

get you some Lucchese's, son

Attached: loucheesey's.jpg (1200x1500, 278K)

It has been so long since I've seen something that's not in their fashion line I'd forgotten they even made utilitarian footwear. Pardon me. Every time I see muh milsurp muh docs I scream a little inside.

where?

paint yellow stitch black, generic boots for $12 there you go.

those do look pretty dope though, are those just the derbies because they look slimmer?

Can anyone tell what boots these are?

Attached: t43432t.png (427x365, 226K)

yea im thinking of doing this. its just the yellow stiching that i hate and gives it away immediately that theyre generic Docs

The Niggerfaggot Store. Need me to spell it out or maybe send you an audio file?

Going to be working a summer job and need some steel toes. Whats a good boot that wonr have mt feet sweating like crazy in the heat but still being sturdy enough for walking through mud and dirt for 12 hours a day?

little house on the prairie faggot shoes

jungle boots? idk if its possible to avoid sweaty feet with steel toes

They're just derbies. They lose stiffness at the ankles when they're worn in making them look thinner at the top.

I'm impressed that they had more than one option. Everyone at my work wears the same pair of ESD shoes.

many thanks! a little short on $ rn but, when i make some more ill def cop I think! Wolverines are p good ive heard but, overpriced

IDK about the price they were provided by my work at no cost. I work in a shipyard and they hold up well. I am always a fan of vibram soles. I haven't sprinted in them so idk how well they would do but for everyday wear I have no complaint. I also had the quarry AT as a farm boot. It help up for 2 yes of constant use. My only gripe was that the tread was too deep and help stones and mud.

>surfaces you would be working on
mostly concrete, not much extra safety features are needed besides steel toe
>how much you would also be willing to pay
Any price whether or not you care more about looks than safety
I care that it has a steel toe and will last at least a year of heavy wear. Any aesthetic value on top of that would be wonderful, but I'm aware I'm not in the position to be picky.

I have steel toe shoes, but they look godawful and are only about $100 so they'll eventually need replacing.

Best thing I've found for what I need are pic related, here: redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2292-red-wing-shoes/2292-red-wing-mens-10-inch-logger-boot-brown

Attached: RW02292C_MUL_N1_0115.jpg (640x640, 35K)

Lots of people wear these same Docs but there are a few other options like this one style of Red Wings that look like a beached whale crossed with a boat shoe. Don't even get me started on the fucking steel-toe rubber boots they give us for acid areas though, those are truly the fucking worst shoe ever.

I'm thinking of getting some Thursday Boots as just some beater derby boots. I'm not going to regret this, am I?

please. im dyslexic

I'm working on a twave collection and noticed that alibaba has Goodyear welt boit's for like 12 plus shipping if you buy a bunch. Also flight boots etc
[email protected] for updates

w2c some really comfy boots, preferably taller

w2c?

400$, hope they are good .

Attached: common project.png (490x581, 172K)

Just thought I'd contribute these boots in case anyone is looking for a functional, stylish, and versatile combat boot.

The Rocky 10" Side-Zip Paraboot. Honestly, one of the most comfortable boots I have ever owned. Right out of the box they mold to your feet due to the supple, unlined full grain leather. The toe and heel are polishable, so they are relatively easy to keep uniformed if need be. The outsole has an EVA footbed contour which provides plenty of comfort with long hours on the feet. With little to none break in time, the leather softens up nice and smooth, and responds even better with a coat of Obenauf's oil. The zipper itself is YKK, extra tough for rough turns and sudden movement.

I have lived in these for a little while now and can safely say they are one of the best boots outside of some very large name brands. High quality.

Cheers~

Attached: FQ0002090_LARGE.jpg (440x440, 18K)

Found these “1940’s Work Boots” at a local vintage store for $200. They fit really well and I thought they looked pretty good. My main concern is how long they’d last given their age and how they’ve been resoled multiple times. Also $200 seems pretty steep. Any thoughts?

Attached: 653BE269-3F8C-4E90-8224-C34CC65C7642.jpg (4032x3024, 1.71M)

These look perfect but I can't seem to find them in a US 7 or without steel caps

I don't know anything about how they'll hold up but from that photo they don't look like anything near 200, more like some slave-labor, 90 dollar shoe

you got scammed lmao serves you right dirty hipster

Have I covered my bases?

Attached: E605CEF1-F8FA-4E50-9B1F-7460B6DDB52A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.09M)

>Obscenely prices fasion tat.
>not baiting

I didn’t buy them you goon.

In terms of boots I think you have.

They don't look near so old nor do they look worth what they are valuating them. I highly doubt they are even ten years of age based on pattern of wear. I've seen shoes in person that are of that age and those aren't. They look to be a Thorogood 1892 that has seen maybe a few seasons beatings before the owners needed quick cash and your vintage store is looking to rip someone off.

You might. I came across their "Scout" model of chukka boots at Goodwill for $20. Even at that price I had to pass, because the leather felt like shit plastic imo. The whole company seems sketchy to me m8, and there are better options at that price point

Timberland Forest-Walkers unironically a good choice here

>"are you gonna test these out yourself? they look good, but i'm suspicious of their quality"

Translated for the other user to answer