Trade job meme

Trade job meme
>literally getting on your knees

>No student debt.
>Decent income out of HS.
>Lots of job opportunities.
>Low pay ceiling, but skills are easier to transition to self-employment or starting your own business.

Pick up a trade at 18, work your ass off with a decent income until you're 25, start a business. The smart people in trades do it and they end up making a lot more than degree holders. This is coming from a 9-5 officefag with a degree and no student debt. The trade meme is real.

trade is filled with trailer trash whites and mexicans

I am 21 and make 93k a year and have better benefits then most employees at large corporations, no student debt, will be able to retire in 20 years. If I go to 25 then I also get medical for life covered by the union. I live a better life at 21 then most graduates with a bachelor's degree. I also made another 30K doing side jobs off the books and paid no taxes on it. All cash! Sure I can't do that until I retire but in another year I can buy a duplex with no mortgage.

ok buddy

How do you interrupt a Portugese wedding?
>Run in and yell "CONCRETES HERE BOYS!"

is electrician work seasonal?

I'm 21 and make 160k a year after stocks and bonuses with a college degree. I also got a full ride and didn't pay a single cent for it.

Slave for 5 years, invest in real estate.

Get FHA loan, buy duplex, live for free until you save up for a other down payment. Refinance, buy another duplex, receive rental income, quit job and trade stocks.

kek
they sure do love their masonry

Somebody thinks office jobs are glamorous.

Let me know how that works out for you.

>then

>be 24
>went to trucking school at 21
>only cost $5K + hotel/food during 2 week school
>got job immediately
>made $41K first year
>moved to dedicated Target account making $55K last year
>have saved close to $30K already
>job requires literally hardly any physical or mental work
>just have to enjoy driving 6-11 hours a day and don't mind being away from home
Meanwhile my college friends are graduating with ~$80K student loan debt making just as much as me, with no savings. Their income ceiling my be higher but they will never catch up to me. I can become owner op making six figures in ~5 years or so. They will still be paying off student loans living with their parents.

My boss thinks he is going to do this. He isn't.

Fyi, I'm 20 and he is 25

>muh anecdotal evidence

I'm 27, $21k in student debt, 100% useless degree.

Are there any trades that require ~2 years of studies/training? I want to reboot my life by 30, so I'm looking for options.

wow. Veeky Forums has reached a new level of shitposting

There's a decline in work, especially for residential wiring shit, but there's still work to be done, there's just too many electricians to do it.

i heard in canada there a lot of jobs in the trades :(

hope you enjoy getting your job taken by robots in 5 years

pic: me falling for the electrician meme

protip: dont do it

question: why do trade meme posts get posted everyday fucking day in Veeky Forums of all places

keep dreaming kiddo. feds wont let it happen that fast

41k isnt that much. im a dental hygenist and make 65k after 18 months of school. loling at the doctors making 100k after 8+ years

Doctors make 200k starting.

not all doctors. and by the time they have their loans paid off ill have half a million saved up and open my own business

Is that Edmonton? Are you hiring?

>lots of money to be made
>plentiful work
>your competition is literally trash.
Are you arguing for or against here?

what did you study?
International relations?
most people who go to uni after the age of 25 usually pick useful areas

Yeah except those doctors will open up their own practise in teh same time and it'll be way better than your shitty business.

I have a good friend who became an electrician's assistant after HS and was making over $20 an hour while I was in college. At that age I could never dream of making that much an hour full time. I really respected the guy because he woke up at 6 am every weekday and saved up a lot of money. Then when we turned 21, just like a lot of people he starts getting drunk and partying it up on his free time. Fast forward a year later he gets really drunk at a party and decides to take our friend's bike out for a meaningless ride up and down the street. Our other friend found him two hours later because he fell over and broke his shoulder on the side of the road. After 6 months of physical therapy he got better but blew most of his savings going to bars, and the electrician hired someone to replace him. Now he works at a pizza shop and is still a functional alcoholic.

I will retire earlier than any doctor. thats a gaurantee

Why do you regret being an electrician? Looks like you are doing industrial which pays well right?

And I will retire earlier than you. That's a guarantee.

how do you retire from being a neet

When did I say that I was a NEET?

not really currently, especially in ontario. Im a 3rd year apprentice(laid off) and I can't find a new placement

what would you say is a better trade?

Can't really say man, A lot of trade work is in new construction which is coming to a halt because all the government funded projects have run out.

Are you guys hiring? Im an apprentice electrician

sucks i was either looking to be a plumber, welder or electrician

Well I'd stay away from electrician as it seems to be over saturated.

What's your point?

Doesn't make you white trash for going into it. I'm a mechanic but with inheritance I probably have more money than most on here. I could offer you money and you'd agree to blow me for it bro.

Cool story bro.

I worked as a commercial/industrial electrician in alberta. you can google the company name on my hardhat if you want a job. no i wont be your reference

pay is mediocre, you work with alcoholics, and you destroy your body faster than you think, no real job progression besides ending up at a desk pushing papers when youre 30. not worth.

what was pay?

join the military
become career military
your trade is death and destruction

I have a family connection that's offering to take me on as an apprentice in plumbing but I have no idea what the work is like. Can someone give me a quick rundown of what being a plumber is like and should I do it?

There was when oil was $90 a barrel and Alberta created a trades vacuum in the other provinces by offering 200k a year. Now all of those people have gone home and are fighting for scraps.

What area do you live in, and does your connection work primarily new construction or do they focus on repairing/servicing existing fixtures?

Nothing is even being developed right now that will replace commercial drivers. Stop reading clickbait articles. The only technology even remotely close to "self-driving" trucks are the radars that keep the truck in the same lane, breaks when getting to close to car ahead, etc. Yet those still legally require a driver behind the year and it's technology is decades away from being remotely close to self-driving. Also, is the self-driving truck going to clean it's own trailer, do pre trip inspections, pump fuel, do paperwork/eLogbooks, maintenance, etc.? I bet you think auto-pilot woulda replaced pilots too. Because that sort of technology will be the peak of what we get within the next 100 years.

Once you start your own business, plumbing can be easy. My Uncle is a plumber and really all he does is installations and renovations. He doesn't even touch broken pipes, shit backed up everywhere type messes, etc..

Just wondering what the pay is.

I had a friend in ontario who was IBEW and he was pulling in 3 grand a week after tax when he was flying out to alberta and back ever 2 weeks. But I'm assuming that kind of work has dried up recently.

anyone know anything about welding? will FASFA pay all that for me?

>38 years old
>Didn't fall for the trade job meme
>Can still move without being in constant agony

also interested in this

Imagine being knee deep in shit... Literally