BREXIT

I got scared and sold 2/3 of my stock. I would have sold my S&P 500 index funds (VOO) also but I'm waiting for a dividend.

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.zacks.com/can-investor-buy-uk-stocks-5409.html
1broker.com/m/r.php?i=11313
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wanted to hold to at least a 10% gain, but I only made 7.2%. I just am too fearful about brexit.

Us Bears will feast on the Bulls!!!

>I got scared
Trading on emotion. That always turns out well.

Why don't you have gold as a hedge?

Jesus..

If i had spare cash i would put it in uvxy until after the vote

>Trading on emotion. That always turns out well.
Yeah I know, but why risk the gains I made?

>gold
That's some fox news stuff. I'll never support Glenn Beck.

So does your wife let you be there or do you have to watch the video later?

>why risk the gains I made?
I hear ya bruh. Risk is bad, right?

Don't listen to these guys, you aren't being a fool, I think you did the right thing. You are going to make what 1% a week, holy fuck...wow.

Meanwhile if your portfolio tanks you lose 20% of your stash which sets you back near 2 years.

I would wait in your position too.

what is brexit

>uvxy
why

Brexit literally will not happen. Op got meme'd

>he bought (sold rather) into the media hype

welcome newcomer

>nationalism on rise across europe
>won't happen

it's pretty damn close user and probably being misrepresented as stay in media...

Brexit has nothing to do with the rise of nationalism. Even if they somehow vote to leave (it'll be rigged so they won't), they still have to get approved by the European Union council. It's not an overnight process.

You got meme'd

>markets follow processes till they mature
that's not how it works user... markets are like that person that gets scared at every little fucking thing.

The potential for something to happen moves markets, so if leave wins (screencap it), the market will react to that, not the hurr durr EU council..

I have savings in a UK account that I'm eventually wanting to transfer to Australia. Currently £1 gets me around $1.95, which is down from over $2 before the referendum campaign began. I only just returned to Oz from UK, so will likely be doing the transfer after the referendum, The possible outcomes as I see it;

Bremain happens - exchange rate soon returns to pre referendum levels, which works out getting me more money (maybe another $1000)

Brexit - exchange rate gets worse in the short term, but eventually back to roughly where it was?

GET OUUUYUUUT

finance.zacks.com/can-investor-buy-uk-stocks-5409.html

What are some avalable stocks a US trader can get that might rise after the vote?

>Keep telling myself to not trade forex tomorrow

I'm not sure I can resist.

It's quite close, but it's absolutely not happening. As usual, the people undecided go with what they know closer to a vote. The confusion and misinformation for this referendum is crazy, and people won't be forgiving our politicians no matter the result.

When are we going to get the brexit results? I mean, know if brexit won or not

Early Friday morning. Exit polls and initial results late tomorrow night, maybe

should have just bought a put option to hedge your losses instead of selling your stocks

absolute

fucking retard

This

For Bitcoin traders, use 1broker.com/m/r.php?i=11313 to trade GPB/USD and EUR/USD. Short GPB and Long EUR if Britian does stay or short if exit. MAKE EASY MONEY.

Bream in wins - again Britain votes to piss away whatever pride they have left. Fucking raghead mayor.

Something tells me you don't look at the news that much, do you?

There is only one choice

>(me)
>(you)

Enjoy this big dipper opening tomorrow!

What are the best ETFs to trade in order to take advantage of all this shit happening

Aren't brexit poll results and final decision coming out in 45 mins?

Does this signal WW3? Time to invest in companies building ships? Or this gonna be all nukes?

is it time to invest into the british pound?

Jesus christ how horrifying
UK officially left eu, I am glad I didn't trade on for ex or bet on stay

Quite the turn around

Jesus christ, what a turn around.

Someone made mad cash today, that's for sure.

So is this a good time to get into Forex and buy into the pound? It'll inevitably recover, right?

LOL this isn't right
the predictions were that Britain would stay in the EU, the fact that they left it made the stock holders panic and that what caused the gbp price to fall, had they stayed it would have stayed normal

>waiting for a dividend

jesus christ these plebs

This is exactly what I was thinking. If there was ever a dip to buy into, THIS has got to be it.

do u trust her user?

The S&P didn't hit the point where I wanted to sell it anyway. The dividend is only like $20, but I don't really care if I have to wait a year to get the return I want.

God damn it, my portfolio was finally doing well, but now the economy is gonna tank and take all my stocks with it.

the "predictions" are made so that people who read predictions bet against those who actually know what's going to happen. They're the ones making all the money, not those who follow predictions.

Serious question, I got four shorts I expect to hit tomorrow early. Should I take off the cover order and see how much lower they're going to drop? Like the opposite of letting profits run?

Are you ready for this?

I would take profits if the DOW goes down 500+ points because I wouldn't expect it to happen again on monday or tuesday. If you do then sell (buy) half on Friday.

That's solid, thanks

:^)

fucking faggots, someone should just nuke them.
> hurr durr muh nationalist feelings

this is why dumb people should not be allowed to have a say in serious matters like this. holy shit.

>implying the EU is at all a benefit to the economy

In the longterm, the UK and Europe will be better off economically speaking

not a lot of fixed income discussion on Veeky Forums but that would certainly result in a lot of aberration

Many of the reasons they voted for were wrong, sure

But the UK is an island with different economic needs to the EU mainland. In theory the split should be good long term.

What gains? The S&P is basically the same it was 2 years ago.

Ships have been obsolete since the 1940s

Aerospace and Silicone.

Please stop talking you uneducated faggot

I was plus 7.2% on Exxon.

I was plus 100% in AMD, Lloyds or BoI. Feels good to double, senpai.

Or?
You would think you would know the stock that doubled?

I did not know it, but you have to read the fundamental data, give the share time to develop and have to go through bad times and buy even more in bad times.

>selling low
Idiot. You deserve to have your country taken away from you.

> I can't read post dates

Were you holding stock in good companies?
Fortune 500 companies?

Do not fear next time.

Exxon

I'm happy I sold a few days before brexit.