Who here started from poverty?

There will always be that user who inherited mom and dad's wealth, but who actually here started off with nothing?

Lets start off

>be me
>come from single-mom household with 4 siblings
>family has no financial savvy
>finished up to highschool
>too poor for college
>did minimum wage jobs
>Saved for a few years
>live in absolute misery just to meet my savings quota
>invest in shit
>now have passive income, and work when i want to

feels gud

Nobody cares.

I did. Single mom made 30k for most of my life just started making 40k when I was in my junior year of high school. My dad owned his own business and was killing it, but blew the money and got crushed in 2008 had to file for bankruptcy.

I love my parents, and I'm ok with not being given tons of money and having my college paid for. It taught me some valuable lessons. I learn from their mistakes in addition to my own.

>Grew up in orphanage.
>Ward of state so free college.
>Now making ~55k.
>Have an offer in a higher cost of living state for $85k
>Planning to accept it

I never understand when people with any family say that they are self made.

>ward of state so free college
I need to go back in time and kill my parents

Coming from poor east eu country. mother barely had enough money for food. I started working when i was 16. Had no friends, no one to help
I am 31 and earning $140k now.

I never understand why people with the state has parent say they are self made.

wise advice for the young

Yeah do it before they birth you

>grew up on the street
>was meth addict
>now make 300k/year

i never understand when people who not grew up on the street say that they are selfmade

>be me
>living with mom and dad, an average family
>never got money from parents, they used to pay only for clothes
>mowed the lawn for people whole summer
>launched Minecraft server hosting company with that hard earned money, sold it for €20K after 2 years
>flipping flats now, studying at uni

Same here. Mother died, I was left with depressed father whom I had to take care of so he doesn't kill himself.
I was collecting bottles, cans, junk to sell so I can eat something after and before school. To this day I remember saying to my father "Oh, there's nothing in the fridge" just to get a response "It's not like I care".
Money from my scholarship went to school lunches (they are fucking paid here). I used to go to luncher at school at the very last minutes before they closed the kitchen so I could get something extra for dad.
I was working my weekends illegally as middleschool student, otherwise we would starve since he didn't even once try to get a job again in next 13 years.
110k/y software engineer atm.

i graduated college in 2015 with 0 debt and no financial support from my poor parents

my networth is over $100k now but i bet people will still think im a trust fund kid

>parents immigrants
>great opportunity for prosperity
>nope
>25 years here and still no assets
>no house
>no car
>we rent everything
>credit card debt up the ass
>alcoholism and depression
>for years family net income is 40k
>both probably have mental issues because its impossible to be such retards

>im 23 years old
>paid my own education with loans and bursaries cause poor
>at 23 i make more money than my parents combined.
>they try to pass it as their achievement for making a successful kid
>fuck you

I used to be poor. I lived in a room that wasn't properly insulated so it'd be like 90 degrees in the summer and 40 in the winter. I had a computer, except it was a trashed laptop where the screen didn't work so I had it hooked up to a CRT.

At any rate, I made $190k last year and I just got a raise so I'm in good shape for next year too. I actually live in another shithole now which is across the country from where I grew up, but I can deal with it because it's what I'm used to.

I'm projecting 12 years to have enough saved that I can retire in a place that finally isn't a piece of shit.

what is the best way to create passive income?

i had to FORAGE for food

my fternoon snacks? wild raspberries, strawberries, and blue berries picked from the forest

you dont get more poverty then having to go into the woods for a meal

but HEEEY my parents really NEEDED those smokes and alcohol, i mean a potato every two days and moldy bologna is totally cool, i mean its the same quality of life or WORSE than people had 1500 years ago thus you havent done shit in life but hey whatever man nicotine fix and being drunk makes EEEERRRTing better

There are people right now getting arrested for loli/shota. People going to jail for fuck all.

And yet hundreds of millions of assholes still neglect, starve, beat and destroy their kids with zero consequences. Kids who will grow up with health problems from malnutrition, fetal alcohol syndrome, second hand smoke and a generally shitty life. And that doesn't even include all the mental shit they probably have to deal with.

But no, best arrest NEETs for looking at cartoons.

I've only been poor really recently, partly because I was lazy and would rather have been poor at parents house during university than well fed with a massive loan. I was feeding my mum off my uni scholarship. So it was choice. But I can't imagine if my parents had been this poor when I was a child. We were always on the edge, but fuck man... they should install uterine devices so people can't have kids unless they fulfil criteria. What most parents do, even the well off ones, is abusive.

Do you think they actually want a clever population???

No but we can dream. I was just thinking about all the humiliation and bad parenting most people dole out to their kids. Projections of their own insecurities etc. I work in a puzzle place at the moment, and the amount of parents who get pissed off because their kids can solve the puzzles before them is atrocious.

That's why the natality is shrinking.

So sick of these welfare babies.

>be me kidnapped at birth
>locked in basement, no education for first 10 years of life
>escape on my own, still thinking that was my real dad
>live homeless, learn reading from he newspapers in use as blankets.
>cop pick me up 2 years later after restaurant calls cops on me for eating food out of trash
>arrest my fake dad and begin returning kids to real families
>my bio family dead, live with uncle after that but he burns me with cigarettes so I run away again.
>become janitor at 16 at MIT, start solving equations on boards
>start working at NSA at 17
>retired at 22

I dont why all these with self imposed Stockholm say they are self made

IF you are calling your parents retarded, you must be retarded aswell since your their offspring..

All that isnt impressive if you are a white Cis male.

You forgot to mention the part where you succeeded.

Real estate and rents.

Same except for the berry picking part

>parents lived paycheck to paycheck
>blue collar jobs but not retail or any shit
>they made horrible financial choices, pissed away money left and right, were separated
>father alone had 30k cc debt from cruises and god knows what
>both did recreational drugs (mild stuff) and smoked heavily
>povertous area, no jobs available at all, shit school system
>taught me nothing, gave me zero direction or advice, also horrible to live live with
>bounce around age 18 onwards, live with friend, anything to not be home with those fuckwads, wasn't career focused
>graduate high school rank #5 in my class, get fullride for 3 years, drop out of that major (wasn't bad, just wasn't great) and change to better major
>teach self everything, learn all about money management and investment, learn every life skill I need
>pay cheap state school tuition another 3 years but chose a good major this time
>graduate with decent gpa, move to good area with thriving economy
>negotiating jobs, starting salary looks to be low 50ks, gonna hear back monday about it
>so used to living in poverty that including all my expenses, I'll live on less than 20k/year and still be pretty comfy
>20-25k pure savings each year, more as salary increases (can go six figs in my line)
>only about 35k student debt
>will have loan paid off in 2-3 years, then can start pouring money into investments
>already calculated I can retire by 40-45 at that rate while including generous travel/living allowance

I remember living off white rice and cheap pasta for periods of time. Sometimes potatoes too. But there was always money for cigs and booze.

We had no heat and live in the northeast (well, had a shitty heat system but folks were too stingy to run it, but always cig money.) I remember being so cold in winter that I couldn't sleep. I wore 8 layers of PJs and it still wasn't enough. No A/C of course. Had a fan until mom threw it off the porch and broke it.

I get mad remembering this shit.

What is this passive income meme

same here grew up with mom and 3 siblings. dad was a heroin addict and that's why my mom left him. he was on welfare his whole time i grew up so he never paid child support. mom at least put food on table and gave us clothes. had to take out loans to go to college since i'm not black or latino. whatever, make 30k stipend while getting my phd now so things are looking up

>grew up in south London
>did my a levels decently but decided not to go uni because of the debt
>became a shotter and made about 20 bags in a year
>can't do anything with the cash but I can live comfy

How

Postpartum hemorrhage to the mother and the eventual suicide to the father is an option, though slow and horrendously painful as fuck.

>be PoC
>finished highschool and work at McDonalds
>#selfmademan
I never understand when white people say they are self made

>I never understand when white people say they are self made
It means they didn't own any black people to get where they are.

OP how much money have you got invested in total to be able to generate a decent passive income for you?

I dont think there is a best way.. All you need to do is invest in things. Investing is the easiest part.. Getting money is the hardest

around 100k capital, because i dont spend alot, due to my poor upbringing. Its not a big amount of money, It can be saved up in 3-5 years of wageslaving if youre really thrifty. If youre 20 years old, thats no time at all. There's still hope for all the NEETs out there

How much passive income do you generate? If you dont mind me asking.

it depends, around 7k to 10k per year. Im still growing my portfolio to this day, and I dont live off passive income entirely.

I still work because i like having contact with people, and doing something productive, I only work around 20 - 30 hrs a week now.

>Your
>Thinking two retards cant have normal kid
I hope this is bait

>I never understand when people with any family say that they are self made.
He says, while he got free college