Dropping Out by 30?

Hey, Veeky Forums, I'll spare the blogging and cut to the numbers. I'm currently 20 years old and looking to finish an Applied Mathematics degree by age 23.

Trying to fit into normal society isn't working, so I'd like to return to recluse mode and live out the rest of my days online as soon as financially possible. Here's my estimated list of expenses.

Home: $100,000
Property tax: $75,000 for 50 years though property tax shouldn't even be legal but whatever.
Car: $25,000, 5-year maintenance cost included.
Bicycle: $500 if I'm feeling super fancy or something, otherwise like $100
Food: $500 a month. Overestimating costs.
Entertainment (Best available internet, buying games, legitimately acquiring animu and toys and shit.): $750/month.
Utilities (Based on average in area, scaled for size of home): $150/month.

Other expenses (clothing, vacation (My "vacations" would cost like $500 tops unless I wanted to go feel awkward in Japan or something), investing) per annum: $10,000

So is it possible to reach that point before 30? I don't intend to never attempt to make money again; I really want to create websites for kids/teenagers. I get nostalgic for that shit and want to help some other people's childhoods be less shitty.

But I'd like to be able to live comfortably before throwing it all on that sort of deal, since those sites aren't pulling Facebook-tier returns, and I have no intention of running ads on them.

So in total:

Money required: $468,000 for 10 years of living with those expenses.
Time alloted to get it before being 31: 10 years
Time left before getting a degree: 2-3 years
Time alloted to get that money while having an Applied Mathematics degree: 7-8 years.
Required savings per year post-college: $59,000 - $67,000 per year.
Unknown variable trends: Inflation/recession/medical emergencies.

Other urls found in this thread:

pittrealty.net/default.asp?content=expanded&search_content=results&this_format=1&mls_number=114364&page=18&query_id=165272548&sortby=2
careeronestop.org/toolkit/wages/find-salary.aspx?keyword=Computer Programmers&soccode=151131&location=66762
youtube.com/watch?v=-paxK11Dk5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Live with your parents till you have that much money, I'm doing the same OP. Except I'm going to try the stocks after I graduate, if it doens't work out im going to kill myself

Best of luck

>Live with your parents.

I can't stand them, so it's not much of an option. Plus, I probably won't find work where they live.

>home: $100,000
Where the hell is this?

Well you can do the math better than I can.

However wouldn't it be a better use of time to just find a job you like?

I mean I know some autistic fucks, and they found jobs they like I'm sure you can too.

I live in the Southern United States, and I listed $100,000 because I was looking in a very specific area located near a park I would like to be closer to.

I can get a home for around $50k in a safe area if I'm not picky about location and simply looking for a bargain, but the average price is hovering in the 80-90k range.

I'm very hard pressed to find passion, unfortunately. I used to be very passionate about things that caught my interest, but it's like my will do do anything has slowly been sapped away over the course of 10 or so years of parents and peers belittling my interests. Now I'm a joyless shell of my childhood self, with no skills from abandoning my interest and no real sense of hope to pursue them further.

See a psychiatrist, you have depression

I got diagnosed with it once before, but US mental healthcare is utter garbage tier and the handling of it makes me unwilling to trust any further psychiatrists.

That sounds like an awful future, even if you do make that kind of money to be able to afford that, by 10 or 20 years your either going to run out or your going to look back and see that you shut off the whole world around you just to dedicate your life to a computer screen. There is way more to life then anime and vidya.
your fuckin young still you have the whole rest of your life in front of you, dont waste it just because you think you dont fit in with family or peers, fuck them, but dont become a hermit on the internet. thats probably what they expect you to do, dont give them that satisfaction.
do something big with your life, even if you think you got enough, you can always get more.

Regardless of the path, I need to get the ball rolling. I can't even gain traction, here.

Let me give you a bit of perspective on what happened in my life from 20 to 25.
>Went to italy
>Learned how to drink wine
>found the love of my life
>learned how to drink beer
>Found a passion for electronics
>changed my major from music to electrical engineering
>Graduated College

Now I'll run some numbers so you can actually get something from this.
>From year 20 - 23
Around 10k a year for tuition so 30k total
Add around another 10k for living during the 3 yrs, so now where at 40k
>After College
at this point you need to decide if you want to master or not. Most jobs in the math field requires a masters or a phd, without it you'll probably make around 40 - 60k.
> Going for a masters
If you get a graduate position then you'll make around 35k a year for the next two years. Subtract the 10k for living expenses. You just about break even.
>Year 25-30
Now you'll make 70k a year and get steady raises til you're in the six digit territory. Chances are you'll save back around 20k to 40k as your lifestyle changes.

So chances are you really won't be able to drop off by 30. This is also compounded by the fact to even make this plan work you still have to be social adapt.

this desu
way too cheap

in certain parts of middle america you can find houses that cheap
pittrealty.net/default.asp?content=expanded&search_content=results&this_format=1&mls_number=114364&page=18&query_id=165272548&sortby=2

What if I minor in something for which the field is fine with bachelors, like CS?

It's not. See

Well it gets tricky. Really the biggest factor on that will be where you live. If you want to live.

Here's a link to wages where I live
careeronestop.org/toolkit/wages/find-salary.aspx?keyword=Computer Programmers&soccode=151131&location=66762

You should be able to use that to get some good data

Sounds like you need a friend

Nice. Median in the same area as my housing estimate is about $78k annually, with the low being $54k and the high being $110k

Friends don't come easy.

Remember though you're going to have to work up to median. You'll probably spend a couple of year towards the low end. Also know that finishing your degree up is no simple feat.

True, but I have no other options.

Well, I could go to UTI And get a mechanic certification for less money and starting at around the same pay. My friend went that route instead of uni and pulled in about 50k last year.

Houses have a maintenance cost to them as well.

Falls under other expenses.

So if I go for a master's degree, mathematician jobs can net around 110k per annum on the high end where I live. I'd be 25, and have five years of earnings, though I doubt I'd start that high, too.

Yeah, especially if you become an actuary or a statistician. However your millage will very depending on a whole host of factors.

Fuck doing what you love and do what pays well. I have the same degrees (BS Finance, BS Economics, MS Mathematics) and work in data science. I work from home most days, using Skype and VPNs to access client databases. Thanks to veteran education programs, I have zero college debt. Literally cannot spend money fast enough.

You are severely overestimating your costs. I estimate that I will spend around $12,000 a year in my retirement years. I have a six figure software engineering job right out of college, and expect to be financially independent in 5 years, under the 4% rule.

>Went to italy
>found the love of my life

I salute your service during WW2.

Just start gambling OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=-paxK11Dk5E

It shouldn't be this way...
But it's the truth.

Oh, forgot to mention...
I guess you already checked out "Early retirement Extreme" (ERE)

sincerely,
Lt. w0odo

Actually no, but looking into it now.

Can you hook me up with a job? I have a degree in mathematics. What do I need to learn to do data science?

What about your university debt?

Duude. Please don't be like that. : (

That's actually the gig I aim to have. Too bad I'm in the fucking EU.

You should move to Vietnam and live like a king with that much money. You could bang real life anime characters.

I forgot it like an idiot. Living out of my car, using the university gymnasium to shower, and doing work study leaves me owing around $30,000 at the end. Not counting the possibility of summer internships.

You should try getting addicted to heroin.

No, thanks.

Meant to reply to you in my previous mobile post.

I can't not be like that. It's just a state of being.