I don't mean to go full wagie memester but how the fuck do people work 40 hours a week and have time to do ANYTHING...

I don't mean to go full wagie memester but how the fuck do people work 40 hours a week and have time to do ANYTHING substantial?

Don't give me this "168 hours in a week crap", let's look at this rationally. You sleep at 11 pm and wake up at 7 am (don't pretend you're a special snowflake who doesn't need sleep). You use your morning to get ready for work and commute. You commute back from work and cook food and do chores and go to the gym 4 times a week (bare minimum to not be a disgusting skinny fat) which requires more commuting. You read a minimum of one book every two weeks or else people will consider you a disgusting prole. You spend a notable amount of time on Veeky Forums or a small amount plus an irl social life (inb4 you claim you're a special snowflake again and you don't need either).

That's all the bare minimum. And ignoring the fact that many "high flying" jobs require more hours.

Other urls found in this thread:

wallstreetplayboys.com/1-million-10-years-zero-excuses/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What a shitty thread

Off yourself

They either lie about it or let work dominate all aspects of their life.

Which is quite common, if you are working 60 hours a week you dont have time for anything else

true m8

my average day:
> get up at 6:50
> take bus at 7:30
> start working at 8:20
> stop working at 4:20pm
> get home at 5:45
> check internet because not available at work until 6:20
> dinner until 7
> rest until 7:20
> go jogging until 8
> go gym until 9
> play game or watch football (euros)
> shitpost until 11:30
> sleep

I hate having no time for hobbies and I don't even have it that bad working hour wise. At least i'm getting money.
Can't even train myself enough to get into graphic design career so I'm just wagecucking

you do substantial things by not doing what everyone else is doing and putting your time and resources to more meaningful pursuits
you don't need to go to the gym to be attractive
you don't need to read to be an intellectual
cooking doesn't need to take more than 10 minutes of active prep time if you don't want it to
sleeping for 6 hours a day is doable, especially with caffeine in the morning

This man knows what's up.

At 45 hours or above you can't really maintain a balanced life. Either your relationships, your body, your mind, your emotions - or multiple of those will suffer greatly.

The things you mentioned are easy fixes that lead to an awful health and shit like cancer.

Here's how I make time for hobbies:
>home gym; work out 1 hr, 3x/week
>work from home 1-2x/week
>commute via train so I can shitpost/read/work while I commute
>Everything I do is calculated/goal oriented/done according to a progression template

This way, I'm able to save ~5 hours per week on commutes to various places, actually feel accomplished when doing otherwise mundane tasks (weightlifting, meal planning, etc.), and still do all the things I need to on a weekly basis.

With the 5 hours per week I gain, I typically will go golfing or play a sport; beyond that, I like to take time on my weekends to do car repair & detailing.

Basically, what you're describing to me is a lack of focus. If you're just going through the motions with things, it doesn't matter whether you have tasks taking up 40 hours of your week or 4; you're going to feel a lack of accomplishment and you're not going to feel fulfilled.

I work a fair amount, but flexible work schedules have certainly afforded me some luxuries.

>Implying I don't combine three of those together by listening to an audiobook while bike commuting too and from work.

112 waking hours - 40 work - 15 biking = 57 free hours per week.

>spends two and a half hours a day playing games and shitposting
>no time for hobbies

Honestly you need to replace jogging or something. Try finding a graphic designer you like that produces podcast content and consume that during your commute. Then practice it while you're on the tele or whatever. Just having that stuff on your mind in the morning will make you change your habits and find time.

I worked 80 hours a week for 6 months at minimum wage

It was the happiest time of my life because I never had to think about anything just work

I wish I could find another job with lots of OT but I moved to a slower area and it's difficult

People underplay the value of vidya.

It gives dopamine to those who need it most. Most of us would have offed ourselves if not for that.

It's literally more important than sleep.

we all need passive income streams

I'm glad it worked out for you user. Sadly most jobs aren't particularly interesting or engaging.

Well I say games, but it's often a book, some movie, animay, or just tv. I've literally stopped buying games

Why replace jogging? I like doing it, it's the only time I can actually leave my house and walk in the sun (during summer).
During commute I read books

Yeah, it's stupid.

I dont get how people are ok with spending 1/3 of their time at work.

That's why we Veeky Forums and that's why I web dev.

Yeah, you lack focus/discipline.

Here's an average day for me with workout:
>530 am wake
>workout
>630 am shower, on train by 715
>get to work @ 8
>work until 430
>commute home, arrive home @ 515
>pursue whatever I desire for the evening (chores/sport/sometimes TV)
>in bed @ 945, asleep by 10pm

days without workouts look essentially the same except I get up an hour later. Days without a commute, I'll typically work an extra hour, from 7-430, so I can leave early another day.

Ultimately, I have time to pursue sports 3x a week on top of my workout schedule, I'm able to shitpost occasionally, and I focus on being active in my activities rather than doing things that are passive on my end (TV, reading without a purpose, etc.).

> 530 wake and instaworkout

yeah m8, my gym is only open in the evening and no money/place for homegym.

Your eveningcommute is quite short too, you stop after I do, but still get half hour earlier home

I might start shitposting less and spend some time doing """"productive"""" things though

Not sleeping much or playing video games

>get up at 6
>do substantial shit that isn't work
>go to work at 10
>work
>come home at 6
>do substantial shit that isn't work
>go to sleep at 10

I find that naps and eating help power my evenings better. It's all about structuring your life and doings more optimally so you can be more productive even after a full day's work.

I work a 14 days rotation on oil rigs / services vessels and I can do whatever the fuck I want in my off days

Usually involves a lot of socializing,shitposting, jiu jitsu, and overall just enjoying life

When I'm up there working 12 hours a day I try to workout at least 3 times a week and read a book until I sleep every night

Honestly I don't see myself working the 9 to 5

I don't live in a suburbian mcmansion so it doesn't take me 2 hours to commute to work every day.

>sleep 9 hours
>commute is 25 mins each way
>work 10.5 hours
>come home and do whatever I feel like for 3 hours
>4 day workweek
time management isnt hard

>go to the gym 4 times a week
work blue collar and youre at the gym 40 hours a week
>commute back from work and cook food
20 minutes a day
>do chores
save those for the 3 day weekend, takes a maximum of 2 hours to clean whatever needs cleaning and 2 more to grocery shop

Listen to books while you jog then. Learn a language or something through that. Layering tasks is what makes time management.

It all depends. If you live far from where you work that makes a big difference obviously. But if you only live 10 minutes away you have ~6 hours of free time after work every day. That's plenty for me. But when I drove 45-60 min. one way for different jobs life was pretty miserable.

bullshit, you need gym twice a week to maintain and no more, your diet is more important

also what the fuck do you have to do thats so special
You talk a lot about special snowflakes but youre the one with apparently something so substantial you need more daylight hours for it

How should I spend my 6 hours?

>gym

What's with everybody here talking about working out

Is this imperative to making money?

I work 44 hours in 4 day shifts.

I eat, work, and sleep for four days with a couple hours free time to relax a bit and watch shows, draw. Socialize and work on bigger projects on my days off. Physical job so I don't require a gym.

You should try not being a lazy lardass.

No its not you fuck.

>Get up at 7:20
>Go to work at 8:30
>Off at 13:00 (half time job)
>Go to gym at 14:00
>Get back at 16:00 and literally spend the whole day figuring out what to do with my existence on Veeky Forums, watching films or reading the book in turn.
My family never taught me passion or to enjoy any hobby. Just plain family survival. I'm trying to figure out what can I do to improve my financial situation and at the same time find something interesting to do. I know I won't be able to do half time all my life, but I'm sort of an intelligent underachiever.
Because we are all healthy, vain motherfuckers.

>he lives in the ghetto

I often put over 65-70+ hours in a week on my business ventures.

I don't really have time after that. I usually compensate by crashing on some weekends and taking a few days off every few weeks.

Very good topic for a thread actually, bump.

They can't, including learn the basics of politics, economics, or financial markets.
They are, however, required to act knowledgable regarding these subjects.
To the point of punches, if necessary.

>wake up at about 9:30am
>get out of bed at around 10am
>bring daughter to summer school at 10:30am
>home at 10:35 and check work email for 3-5 minutes
>dick around until 1:55pm
>pick up daughter from summer school
>chill until 2:15pm when wife gets home from a hard day's work
>check work email again for 3-5 min
>dick around some more
>begin actually working from home at about 6pm
>between 6pm and 11pm go from tv to work to internet to work to tv to work etc
>get bj before sleep
Do every day during summer months. Changes very little when school starts back

AKKKKKKKSHHHHHUUUUUUALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYY IM SO SPECIAL *PROCEEDS TO LIST EXTREMELY UNLIKELY/UNORTHODOX METHODS*

>Am a 24 year old NEET with subsidy money that does voluntary work 4 times a week.
>Want to leave the NEET live and get a fulltime job.
>Almost every fucking job even the most simple ones require some kind of specified study.

I should've never studied IT it's shit all i can do with it is callcenter work and most of it is part time which is not worth it for me.

cool dude nice blog post

working full time sucks. My job allows me to leave early sometimes and I do it every time I can, but still I feel like after living so much of my life there, work spreads and invades every free moment(thinking about pending stuff for the next day, or next week, or next month etc.)

You learn to organize your time better

Instead of sitting around you optimize it

>not worth it for me

It's better than spending your time blogging on an anime forum

Wake up - 6 AM
Exercise - 6 - 6:30
Breakfast - 6:30 - 7
Shit, shave, shower - 7 - 7:45 AM
Get dressed - 7:45 - 8:15 AM
Leave for work - 8:15 AM
Work - 9 AM - 6PM
Get home - 6:45 PM
Eat dinner - 6:45 - 7:30 PM
Read, talk to wife, etc - 7:30 - 10:30
Shower and get ready for bed - 10:30 - 11 PM
Sleep - 11 PM - 6 AM

That's literally 3 full hours everyday to do whatever I want to. This isn't even counting the weekend when I can do literally whatever I want all day with maybe an hour or two for chores/honey do list and a couple hours for eating and hygiene.

The real question is why are you such a weak willed individual that you can't break away from your childish addiction to dumb things like the internet or Veeky Forums?

Easy, I work 12 hour shifts at night. I work 3 on 3 off, 4 on 4 off.

On days I work it can be difficult but at least I'm home during the day if anything needs to get done.

Me:
>up at 0600
>in work at 0700
>finish at 1500
>shopping/banking/calls etc.
>cycling 50km (bi-weekly)
>staring at BTC charts vacantly
>TV/documentary/read
>sleep at ~0000

do you realize one of the central benefits to having money is the luxury:
>to spend a lot on your diet and supplements
>to exercise for recreation and no reason other than to try and look good
>to be vain

neet here, i have all day to do whatever I want but zero motivation after abusing alcohol and drugs for years. i have dozens of things i want to get good at or start little projects and all sorts of ideas but unable to do anything other then browse the internet all day , other then kill myself, wat do?

Yep, gave up wagecucking a while ago for sweet neetdom. Nothing better.

Gonna start working part-time soon.

start your day with something trivial but arguably productive.

Go grab coffee and a newspaper each day. Build a routine and you can begin to flesh it out with hobbies.

Good luck.

>not literally shit posting while shitting on company time
you dont take 15 minute shits user?

also can we agree that gf's waste all our time? if i want to work on a project its a nagfest. shell shit talk me to her friends that im always "on his computer".

>drink a ton of company provided coffee and water
>take piss breaks every 20 minutes
>eat at desk for extra hour of pay

Feels fucking good man

I don't work weekends so that's the only time I can relax and do things I want to do,in the week it's just work/eat/sleep

wallstreetplayboys.com/1-million-10-years-zero-excuses/
This website has some of the best financial advice on the web. None of that dont use a smart phone and save 500$ a year type shit. There is no such thing as work like balance, you have to make sacrifices. The goal is to make smart sacrifices when you are young. If you got i to a good college either aim for a silicon valley start up or wall street. If either of those arent possible do sales. Grind when you are young because you have energy and eventually you will leave everyone else in the dust. Learn some skills (everything needs sales) and eventually start your own business. You cannot get rich trading time for money. Hammer that in. 100$/hour is only 200k a year before taxes. Comfortable but not rich. A business lets you leverage your skills and capital and assuming delagation is a skill you have learned you can save time and make money. Working full time sucks ass. That should give you the drive to want better for yourself.

I work 60 hrs m8 jobs cake so I'm not even mad

Let me guess, you need 25 hours a week to raise children as well because your life is meaningless without reproducing too, right?

If you truly enjoy what you do, you won't give a shit about having "free time"

It is this or wander out in the woods somewhere and start from scratch. Have fun with that. As Bob Dylan said, you gotta serve somebody.

live in a major city. I live in NYC and I'm always able to do something cool.

The high flyers can afford to literally have every daily chore done for them. Clothes, food, shopping, cooking, cleaning, etc. Literally don't have to set up their own TVs.

The 40 hour wagecucks are basically perma-burnouts unless they have a non/semi-working spouse. If you go further and have to work weekends like I do, you basically become a robot.

I read about previous generations and christ those fuckers had it made. They did things after work, they had savings, they went on weekend trips, they could afford a house, 3.6 children, two pets and a car. With a highschool diploma.

The likes of me have a third level (STEM) education, work 60+ hours a week, have 3 hour commutes, spend 40%+ of income on rent, and will never be able to buy a house within 100km of our jobs.

I deeply regret investing in this future.

> third level (STEM) education

Where have you heard about levels of eduction? What are the other levels?

>I deeply regret investing in this future.
What do you mean by that? Your degree, or something else? What would you have done if you could go back in time?

>have 3 hour commutes
Veeky Forums cucks don't know about the commute times. This is why some fags in here have told these kids that they should take a pay cut and work closer to their home.

You find a job where you work 80 hours a week.

40 will be a luxury vacation.

I routinely clock 16-32 hours of overtime / paid details per week, occasionally more. When I only put in 40 hours I'm astonished at how much spare time I have.

Same here. Currently 50hr/wk career with 9/10hr shifts Saturday and Sunday at Walmart. 8 years of private engineering school, in debt up the wazoo, 32 yrs old, a virgin, no girlfriend, all friends are married, cry cry moan cry cry.

Some day I'll have enough time and money for that trip to Tokyo I've been waiting for, for like 10 years.

awww

you poor baby!

heres my day

>get up at 4am
>leave by 5am
>start work at 5:30am
>stop work at 6pm
>get back at 6:30pm if i dont stop for groceries or such
>dinner at 7:30pm
>8-9pm watch tv or play a game
>9pm-4 am- sleep

you really DO have no time, i mean 6 hours to do what you want as compared to my 1?

>Wake up 600
>Leave for work 630
>1 hr break play sudoku/read book
>Arrive home 1600

option a:
>Work out until 1700
>Shit post until 2000
>Fun time with friends until 2300
>Sleep until 600

option b
>fishing with brothers until 2300
>Sleep until 600

Only shit people can't time manage.

Well OP, there are hundreds of thousands of work at home jobs that are honestly so wonderful they should be mandatory. I wish everyone could enjoy working at home.

>Sleep at 12-2 AM because I don't need to wake up extra early to get dressed/commute/make breakfast.
>Wake at 8:20 AM and turn on my computer while I make breakfast, take a piss, get water.
>Login to workplace at 8:30AM to "start my day"
>Check work email to see if I have any work, 95% of the time I don't.
>Play vidya / watch videos / take a shit / eat something / watch a movie or tv show / learn a new skill / make extra side money / look at stocks / browse Veeky Forums and reddit all day until I get an assignment.
>Do assignment in 20 minutes. Go onto occasional 30 minute meeting.
>Continue to fuck around.
>Boss loves me because I am knowledgeable and resolve any issues so quickly.
>Cycle this until 5:00 PM and log off of work.
>MFW doesn't feel like work at all
>MFW I really love my job
>MFW I am a top 15 percent earner in the USA doing basically nothing.

The only time I need to work is at the end of the year when things admittedly get pretty busy. The kicker is, it's just as busy as any normal job, so a busy two last months to do fuck all for the rest of the year.

I wake up every day happy, wondering what I did to deserve this.

mr miyagi tell us what you do

You need 8h of sleep per day to be in peak physical condition, so lose that freedom hour.

I work in a fortune 100 company (top 20 in the USA, but not worldwide), I don't want to say which though. I imagine most fortune 100 companies have these perks.

I am pretty high up in my field, working in QA. The reason why I do so little work is because our department is huge, so we have 15 people who we need for one part of the year and do fuck all for the rest.

Most people here (on Veeky Forums) are younger, I started as an analyst and worked my way up. My salary is only top 15 percent if you include our bonus.

>buy shit on craigslist once or twice per day
>sell said shit on ebay
>make 100 dollars a day
>work ~5 hours a week.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Want to add I work in an expensive city, so my salary is inflated to cost of living. I'd be closer to 25-30% top earner probably if I lived in the midwest thinking about less value on raises over the years.