Serious question Veeky Forumsro's

How do I convert my CASH(AS IN DOLLAR SIGNS$$) into Bitcoin, Trumpcoin, ETH, etc,.?

>Things to keep in mind:
1. I have no computer. Literally only my iPhone 6S
2. I only have about $1,200
3. I have a TD bank DEBIT card (with a checking and a savings account). I have like 6 bucks in the checking portion of the card - and everything else that I'm worth in life is in the savings side

Pls help. Thank you

Other urls found in this thread:

c-cex.com/index.html?p=trump-btc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*Self bump of shame to get the thread up*

I'm going to be honest and tell you that you probably shouldn't be doing this. Save your $1200 in a bank account and get a job. Once you've saved up enough living/emergency money for around 3-6 months, you can start saving money for bitcoin. I'd personally save to invest in index funds or a down payment on a rental property.

If you live with your parents and don't have to worry about living expenses, go wild I guess. You can buy bitcoin at Coinbase if you're American.

Good job for being a "nice" and telling me to "go safe" with my money.

user - Shit is about to hit the fan soon.

I don't have the luxury to just "save". I don't want to save - I want to MAKE. MONEY.

Call me whatever you want - but I'm 100% sure Trumpcoin is going to go up WAY past $1. I'd really like to make money user. I don't want to sit around - or make minimum wage chump change at a slavewage piece of shit.

Now. With all due respect. Please provide answers to my question.

Give me direct websites, steps, things to do.

I'm now asking for your "nice" advice. I'm asking you how to do something.

Please and Thank you :)

>but I'm 100% sure Trumpcoin is going to go up WAY past $1
No, it won't. It's a shitty alt. You shouldn't believe in it at all unless... it's actually going up.

You are very arrogant, OP. I am going to tell you now so that you cannot say that nobody told you: This will not work. These currencies are super volatile and you will lose all of your money. Now I will tell you how to lose it all because I think you deserve it for telling that guy to piss off.

You just need to set up a coinbase account and verify your identity a bunch, they will let you buy bitcoin instantly (up to $200 a week) through your checking account. They'll give it to you right then, and it will come out of your account a few days later. You can trade it on an exchange, like Bitfinex or Bittrex or CEX or any Poloniex. Anything you want, just Google "Bitcoin exchange." Polo and and Bitfinex will let you trade with 2-3x leverage; basically, if you have 1 BTC, they will let you trade up to 3 BTC. This multiplies your interest by 2-3; if BTC goes up 1%, you make 3%. If it goes down 3%, you lose 9%. Have fun.

Oh, and as of like, last week, when you put BTC back into coinbase, you can cash it out immediately through Paypal. This has never really been possible because of chargeback scams. It is a new era.

*or Poloniex, or anything. Oops.

Google search "gdax" on your phone

Sign up on the GDAX exchange and link your bank account to the exchange by clicking "sign up" and following the easy steps.

Deposit $1200 into your USD account

When the funds clear place a limit buy at $1200 worth of bitcoin at whatever you price you think is fair.

Once the buy order is filled you will have your bitcoin. Deposit the bitcoin to the website "shapeshift.io" and convert it to trump coin or whatever coin you want. You can also trade eth/btc directly on GDAX.

Good luck try not to kill overself over this.

See guys - this is where it all messy for me.

Forgive me for my ignorance. I'm 19 years old here.

But it's all these steps. Why so much transferring and stuff?

I already have the CoinBase app. The app looks so clean. So simple.

This is how I imagine how easy this stuff is.

1. Simple buy Bitcoin (current price is $637 so I can buy 2)
2. Wait for the price to go up (2 days ago it was at $700+. Actually - let me not even get in to this. If you don't know about Bitcoin you're a fuckwad)
3. Simply click sell to sell 2 bitcoin at a higher price - when it goes up in value

Is it not this easy? Is there a flaw in my way of thinking?

Why are you Anons given directions to other websites - and all these other faggot market sites and shit.

This is the only reason why I believe so many people are fishy about crypto currency and what-not. Why not simple "buy & sell"

Because you can make more on these "faggy" market sites than through your shitty coinbase app. The GDAX was started by bitcoin. How do you know bitcoin is going to go up? The flaw in your thinking is thinking bitcoin is going to go up just because you are broke and it would be convenient.

yeah it's that easy. I work for coinbase if you want to ask any questions.

>Buying with debit card is fastest however you will have the lowest limits
>ACH will have higher limits, but will take a few days to receive your coin

Trumpcoin will not get anywhere near $1.

The orderbook is so thin you can clear it out with a $1,000 market sell.

What do you mean by "lowest minutes"?

It also says I can't "sell my coins".

Why would I buy Bitcoin if I'm not going to sell them? What fucking shit is that?

And I kind of understand - but at the same time don't understand why it has to take 2 to 3 days for me to receive/successfully sell my Bitcoin.

What if TODAY the price dips - and I'm looking to buy. But 3 days from TODAY the price rises. Would the Bitcoin I purchased 3 days ago(but am receiving now) be for that day's price or will I pay the current price's Bitcoin?

Same for selling - what if market goes up, and I'm trying to sell my Bitcoin. But shit takes 3 days to fucking process, and then by time it processes the price had already dipped. What happens then??

By minutes* I meant limits*

circle.com

localbitcoins.com

lowest limits means you can't buy/sell as many $$ worth per day. So for debit cards you can buy somewhere between $x and $250/day whereas with ACH you can buy $1-10k /day for most people.

idk why it says you can't sell your coins. did you verify a payment method? more details needed.

>but at the same time don't understand why it has to take 2 to 3 days for me to receive/successfully sell my Bitcoin.

Here's the thing you have to understand, ACH transactions take multiple days to finalize. So say you buy $100 worth of bitcoin today. Coinbase will receive that money in 2-3 business days. Coinbase doesn't know if you have enough money etc until we actually receive the money. So Coinbase won't pay out the bitcoin until the $$$ is received. That being said, you can make instant purchases with debit cards - the bitcoin will be delivered instantly.

For bitcoin sells, this can't really be helped. If you sell bitcoin, Coinbase sends the $$$ to your bank immediately, but it'll take a day or so for it to actually arrive in your account. Blame banks, not bitcoin.

>What if TODAY the price dips
When you buy or sell bitcoin on Coinbase the price is LOCKED IN. So if you buy at $630/btc today, and on Friday the price is $1,000/btc, you'll still receive your coins at a rate of $630/btc. Same with sells.

FWIW though, most sells only take 1 business day. The buys are longer.

>idk why it says you can't sell your coins. did you verify a payment method? more details needed.

Pic related

It clearly says debit cards can only buy Bitcoin.

So if I use my debit card I would only be able to buy it - but not sell???

What is ACH by the way?

I figured it meant the "bank account" method - but clearly ACH stands for something else

oh yeah. thought you meant you were told that you couldn't sell bitcoin at all.

Here's what you do:
Buy some bitcoin now with your debit card. In the meantime verify your bank account so you can sell when you want.
Debit card is great because you can get the bitcoin instantly, but the fees are higher and the limits lower.

BTW you can also sign up for the exchange, or get a USD wallet. If you do either one of those you can sell instantly instead of waiting the 1-2 days for the fiat to hit your bank account.

ACH = bank account method. ACH stands for automated clearing house. it's the process by which money is sent from bank account to bank account in US. Same mechanism that direct deposit uses.

Localbitcoins.com
Circle App
Coinbase
Any other exchange

I recommend Localbitcoins so you don't have to fuck around with ID verification.

Thank you so much, sir :)

I will be verifying all this stuff. I understand what I need to know and I can finally officially say "I fuck around in the markets"

Thanks to you user's I now understand how to "Buy/Sell Bitcoin"

But now there's a whole new ball field I would like to learn about.

How do I buy/sell Trump coin, or any other cyptocurrency?

Trumpcoin a pump and dump scam.

Look at the orderbook here: c-cex.com/index.html?p=trump-btc

In order to clear out the ENTIRE buy side you only have to sell 2.47 BTC worth of Trumpcoin. This means that the price goes to $0.00 if someone sells $1,500 worth of Trumpcoin.

I'm all for diversifying and such, but don't buy into scams.

Be careful. In the crypto world people are trying to take your money. If you're not prudent they will take your money.

Other than that though, Coinbase is decent for buying and selling Ethereum. Lots of people like Poloniex or Kraken though. Both decent afaik.

You have to mine the stuff. Problem is, you will need to get a mining license. They are expensive. Then find someone in your state that has a mine you can use. Then pray the mine has bitcoins. It's really not worth it.

Just curious, why the fuck do you have a phone worth well more than the amount of cash you have? Were you dropped on the head as a kid?