What universities should I apply to?

I'm applying to 8-15 universities. I have Aspergers and will be using this as a primary point on my applications. My scores are 1590/2400 SAT and a 2.6-3.0 GPA.

A big important point to why I'm doing this at all: My grandmother has agreed to pay for my entire university education as long as the school isn't total garbage, and I want to go for physics, computer science, engineering, math.. I haven't narrowed it down yet but I will be able to once I'm there.

I've made a bullshit list so far but I need to get this show on the road ASAP as the fall semester starts in about two months and my mother is kicking me out of my childhood home if I don't get into anywhere.

>Arizona State University (decent programs and not impossible to be accepted to, extremely hot though)
>University of Pittsburgh (I live about 30 minutes away)
>San Jose State University (because mechanical engineers and electrical engineers from SJSU are the largest group that work at Tesla, which seems like it would be cool to work at, and desu it's really easy to get into here and i almost consider it a safety)
>Purdue University (well known for engineering but not as hard to get into as Georgia Tech)
>University of Washington (Seattle seems nice)
>University of Minnesota-Twin Cities (seems to have decent programs)

Feel free to fuck my shit up and tell me what I'm going to do wrong or right. I have one shot at this. I either get into somewhere and go to university debt free or I'm kicked out. Thanks for any help.

am white btw

Other urls found in this thread:

nacacnet.org/research/research-data/College-Openings/Pages/College-Openings-Results.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

look into UIUC imo

I applied to Purdue engineering with a 3.7 GPA and 1950/2400 1350/1600 SAT as a latino and didn't get in. I think you're being a bit hopeful with your choices, especially given that you want a STEM degree. For most colleges, it is significantly harder to get into the STEM program than it is for the general program. Try taking the SAT again, your SAT is low. Kill it with your grades senior year, especially first semester. Apply regular decision so the colleges see your first semester grades before deciding. I'm talking straight A+s, man. If you want STEM you have to work for the chance.

>Try taking the SAT again

can't as it's done until the next test in October which will be too late. I'm not in high school.

Well you're a tad fucked m8. Consider the ACT, it may suit you better. Apply to less selective schools with good, accredited stem programs and get amazing grades first year then look into transferring. That's what I'm doing. Also, try your state school. They are more likely to admit in-state applicants. If you apply early in Penn State's rolling admissions cycle you have a good chance. It's normie heaven there, so as an aspie you'll likely want to kill yourself, but they do have a pretty good engineering program.

I tried to get into PSU already and it's a long story but I basically can't go there.

>Apply to less selective schools with good, accredited stem programs and get amazing grades first year then look into transferring. That's what I'm doing

I was also considering this, but man it would suck to have to deal with. It may be my only real choice if you really had those scores and Purdue didn't take you as a Latino. They'll tear my ass to pieces as a Caucasian, even as an Aspie.

If I was to adjust this to easier universities to get into possibly to transfer..

>West Chester University of Pennsylvania (isn't expensive and would actually have a shot, no engineering program but they have everything else)

>San Jose State University (still would be easy to get into and muh Tesla)

>Arizona State University (still would have a shot maybe)

>University of Pittsburgh (if they didn't accept me, they'd stick me into one of their shitty branch campuses, which I already know for a fact I will be accepted into)

this fucking sucks. I have all of the money to go to a good school, yet I can't get into any of them. It's like having a full ride scholarship to a school that doesn't exist anymore or something.

You can almost certainly get into ASU.
Also, you MIGHT have some chance applying to Purdue.
I'm in the same shitty situation man, aimed too high and didn't get where I wanted to. All it is is a year at an okay school, then you can move onto better places. It's only $50 or so to apply to the reach schools, who knows maybe your application will strike a chord at one of the selective schools and you can get in.
Also, try to frame aspergers as an obstacle you overcame/are overcoming, something that enriched your life instead of a disadvantage.

Get into whichever school you can get into, get a 4.0, join a club, and transfer after a year or two to a better school.

Hey Veeky Forums first time poster, i plan of going to school for business administration soon what do you think i should expect or do you have any tips?

University of Washington student here. Seattle is nice (the state is beautiful, the libtards are less so). However, even if you were to get accepted, you have to then apply to a major after taking its prerequisites. You will get rejected from every major worth doing. Don't come here.

The only one on that list that is still accepting applications is Arizona State.

whatre your in-states?

nvm i didnt see the part about living thirty mins from pitt

If that's true, fuck me.

Fuck it user. I'll just apply to anything that's still taking people just so I don't end up on the street, and maybe transfer somewhere better if the opportunity comes up. I'd be a retard not to just pick something, even if temporarily.

nacacnet.org/research/research-data/College-Openings/Pages/College-Openings-Results.aspx
This list only includes 4 year schools, most 2 year schools accept applications any time.

Why'd you put this off for so long anyways? Didn't your guidance counselor tell you about this?

>2.6 GPA
>didn't bother to apply to universities until a month and a half before admission

wew
>>>/communitycollege/

you don't always get to pick your preference. apply to all (+ some you will get into for sure just in case). And see where that takes you. If you're talking about a free ride then take that over "where you want to go".
Btw wtf do you mean you're going to make Aspergers and "using this as a primary point"? How would that change things?

/thread

I haven't been in school for three years.

Universities count it for "diversity".

Are you 21 or a drop out?

Don't fall for this meme. Unless you actually plan on going elon musk with your life or your family is loaded already just go to community college and transfer your credits. The debt is not worth it. The school name is only ever used for your first job because you don't have shit on your resume and even then it's not that much of a factor. Experience is king. Instead of relying on a name and your field is worthwhile you should be spending money and times towards some kind of portfolio.

Or you can just fall for it and overpay for your education.

You're going to have a big fucking wakeup call when you fail all your classes with barely a 3.0. That's what happened to me and shit is hard. SJSU is way too impacted to get any decent classes, don't even bother. Asians will fuck your shit up and be better anyway. ASU is for partying fratboys who only want to drink beer and not have a good degree. If you haven't already been accepted to colleges already you're not getting in this quarter idiot. You need to apply before like october or november for NEXT fall. Enjoy community college faggot.

I'm a 21 year old that dropped out in 2013. My grandmother really, really wants me to go to university, especially since I want to go into science/math/engineering, so I know that this is an opportunity to take advantage of. She basically told me flat out that she'll pay up to $100,000.

I'm the only male in the family that is even eligible to go to university(others went to military, trades, or were total burnouts) and the only girl did end up going to university but may not graduate) so I'm like the sole heir to this huge amount of money.

She won't let me go to anywhere that isn't a university. It has to be a legitimate university. She was totally adamant about it.

At this point, I really don't care much about where I go to university. Hell, I care more about the location at this point solely based on my research. Universities seem to be very regional for recruiters, almost to the point of being more important than the actual reputation of the school, it seems.

Oh so your parents are going to pay for you full ride? Then yea definitely disregard the post. At this point just apply for anything that has the field that you want as long as the school doesn't make commercials on TV. That's a red flag.

they care about grades and test scores more, which you don't have. Actual advice; go to a non impacted community college when you don't get accepted into any schools first round. Do your GEs there AT THE SAME TIME as being on track for SELECT colleges you will be able to actually transfer into. talk to your counselor and they will help with everything. More importantly work your ass off, don't try to coast into college pimping yourself as an aspie to get away easy. I was in your same situation and it still bent me over and had its way with me.

some college recommendations: depends if you want to pay out of state tuition or not. I'm in california so I only really know locals:

CSU stanislaus - middle of fucking nowhere, new, easy admission w/ out of state tuition
UC Merced: Middle of fucking nowhere, in farm country. UC system is way better than the CSU system and it's actually a good school and university system
Humboldt state: smoke trees & easy to get into
Chico state: drink beer but has a good reputation

actually though just look for options. don't be afraid to waste a LOT of money applying to different schools all across the country.

Then ASU won't accept you, neither will most schools, even if you have a GED, which I really hope you do. At this point you should just go to CC, kick ass, then transfer to a good school, because right now you're fucked, especially if you want to go into STEM. Also, you may be considered a non-traditional student in some schools, which usually comes with different admission requirements.

I live in Arizona, you have to be an absolute dips hit not to get in to ASU. You probably don't have a shot at the others. Apply to ASU and go to a cc if you don't get in. If you can convince your grandmother to pay for your living while you go to cc, go to a cc in cali so you could potentially transfer to UCLA or the likes (if you do very well in cc)

I do have a GED from 2013. I earned a 99th percentile on it, woohoo!

I've thought about an idea like that quite a lot. I'll try harder to convince her.

This. The rule of thumb is that applications are due the year before, e.g., if you want to enroll for Fall 2016, you need to submit your application in December 2015. This rule of thumb works for pretty much any school, but there are many schools, like CCs and instate schools, that might have late deadlines, or rolling admission, which is basically that they accept applications until they don't have space anymore. My recommendation is to applying for CC. They might be better than state colleges for your initial two years, then you can transfer into a good school.

Aspergers doesn't exist. Deal with it faggot.

One thing to remember with CC is it won't be worth a damn if you are barely passing with a 2.0. You need to be as close to a 4.0 as possible to have a shot at transferring into a good public university. If you don't think you can manage at least a 3.5 through a year or two of CC, just go to ASU or whatever university will accept you. If you think you can actually get your shit together and succeed at a community, then I suggest heading to one in California, Texas, Washington, Illinois, North Carolina, or anywhere East Coast really. California or Texas is best bet though.

It's really not that tough. Actually study though.

"Just when i was wondering how families full of stupid ppl squander all there savings...."

Op, go to the cheapest college you can find... College is the meme of memes,,, its almost beyond memehood...

Im a princeton grad, everything i learned i could have learned online and through a few good professional friends...

Most of my classmattes at princeton were bookworm losers who studied 5 hrs a day and went to pose at parties on weekends as if their gpa made up for the fact that the only reason they got into princeton in the first place was bc they took latin in hs to do well on the sat...
there are alot of very smart ppl at a place like princeton but its mostly avg idiots overachievers with no curiosity...
If you did get in to a top 10 school (ivy, stanford, mit caltech etc) i would say go,, but to anything outside the top 10 ur an idiot if you pay more than 2000 a semester. wiki university is going to come along as a conglomeration of other online universities soon and 80 percent of us schools are going to go belly up...
eisman called it right... the pigfest is over
save ur money op, and buy 10 courses worth of used textbooks in whatever you want to learn for 10 bucks each and go to town...
"but what about networking!!!"
fuck networking...

>UC Merced
>good
pick one

University of Maryland has a lot of great connections to the tech industry.

Go to community college for your first year or two, assuming you have enough money to fund that yourself. If you get great grades at a CC and do do something on the side to show off your capabilities, you should be able to transfer to a good university from there.

Sorry OP, but it's gonna be tough for you to get into any good college right off the bat with that GPA.