Bitcoin General: Halving Edition, 7 Days Remain

What is the halving?

The Bitcoin Halving is like a Christmas that occurs once every four years. Santa Clause delivers presents in the form of untold riches but only to those good little boys who've been buying and holding their Bitcoins and ignoring altcoins.

What is the halving really?

The Bitcoin block mining reward halves every 210,000 blocks, or about every four years, and the coin reward will decrease from 25 to 12.5 coins

When is the halving?

July 9th

Halving info:

bitcoinblockhalf.com/

The Bitcoin wiki:

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page

How do I buy Bitcoins?

coindesk.com/information/how-can-i-buy-bitcoins/

Bitcoin statistics:

coin.dance/stats

Top 100 Richest Bitcoin Addresses:

bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

Google Trends, Interest over Time:

google.com/trends/explore#q=/m/05p0rrx

Bitcoin Difficulty:

bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

blockchain.info/

Bitcoin Forum filled with third-world signature spamming faggots, still better than leddit:

bitcointalk.org

Other urls found in this thread:

whaleclub.co/join/CiCCMS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So... its a meme?

Op's been holding his Bitcoins since 2012, have you?

>tfw Santa is coming for OP this halving

This halving is the first time in hears I'm thinking of doing something with my cold wallet.

I think BTC will surge up until the halving and then go back into the 400 range.

Where the fuck do I put my profits if I sell before the halving? Don't want to convert to USD becuase then I'll have to pay taxes. I just want to sell before and jump back in a couple weeks after.

Also, made some serious BTC off trump coin. (Still holding plenty Trumps) How ya'll getting those profits into your pockets without taxes?

So will the value go up or down after the halving

Anyone who says they know what will happen either way is a complete idiot. The truth is nobody knows, but we will find out pretty soon. I personally believe it'll probably go up, or stay about the same. Again, pure speculation.

The mere fact that there's only going to be 1800 newly minted coins daily instead of the current 3600 dictates the price will at least double

Whales might attempt to shake out weak hands but within six months we'll be over $1000

Nothing happens on halves idiots

Long bitcoin at 670 at whaleclub.co/join/CiCCMS

Also Whaleclub is having a trading tournament right now, 1st place gets 2500 USD in BTC.

And you know this how exactly? There has only been 1 halving in the past, with pretty different circumstances around the coin. If it happened 5 times and nothing happened then ok you have a point, but once isn't enough to determine what will happen for this halving.

That's not how math works.

Care to elaborate? It's basic economics

How does "math work" in Johnny Nocoiners world?

Or you are invested in some shitty pump and dump altcoin?

NEW supply =/= total supply you fuckwit

lol this () you idiot

You're that same guy going around spreading FUD in all the bitcoin threads.

Safe to disregard fudsters like this folks, they have an altcoin agenda, jew bankers who feel threatened by bitcoin, or are just generally salty they sold their coins or knew about bitcoin but never bought.

kek

Won't miners quit as the price doesn't double, sell off their stash/take profits, and we will see a dip before we see it balance itself out? I believe it's going up because of the halving (not to mention how useful it is now that a lot of countries are going to shit and have massive inflation) but it will take awhile. It's not like BTC will be 700 on June 9th then 1400 on June 10th.

Do you know how to read or are you just a sub 60 IQ gorilla? I didn't spread any FUD in fact I DO think the coin is going to go up. Don't blame me that you can't understand grade school math and common sense economics.

>having to erase addresses

thats why Monero will take over

Miners will stop selling their coins in anticipation of a future higher price

You don't spend a fortune on mining hardware and just say "fuck it" and turn off your miners randomly

When was the last time it halved? Really debating to hold or cash out half

2012-11-28 15:24:38

So elaborate you faggot, explain how the price won't double when the supply gets halved

You're obviously new here, if you had a fuckin clue and were around for the first halving youd realize how critical newly mined coins are.

Price of bitcoin before first halving was $10. Six months later it was $100+ and six months after that $1000. Work that math out you retarded contrarian faggot

And what was the total amount of coins in circulation during that time again? Seriously dude if you are having this much trouble maybe consider picking up a book or 2.

7 short days until the halving. If nocoiners were salty the price has been rising lately just wait until after the halving

Lel

>OP is a faggot, are you?

There's no need to be upset

If the halving occurs with the limited bitcoin pool being almost depleted, do you think the rewards from mining will be so insignificant that miners will either have to upgrade their equipment (resulting in more cost) or quit the scene because the incentive is gone since it's much harder now to reap the rewards of Bitcoin. With miners leaving, the Bitcoin value will drop. I'm new to this but that's just my thoughts on it, feel free to correct me on this

Your amount of faggotry does not affect my mood one way or another.

Miners are insignificant. Someone posted this in another thread but only 1800 bitcoins are mined in a day at the halving, down from 3600. That's nothing compared to the over 1 million bitcoins sold a day.

I explained it above, why can't you press return to make your shit more readable

Some small-time miners might drop out, but the big boys whove spent a fucking fortune aren't going to wake up one day and go, "hey Ching Chong, we've just spend a fucking fortune on all these miners, let's just turn them off"

Yeah, no

They're going to hoard their freshly mined coins

When nobodies selling except retarded cucks, guess what happens to the price

>Miners are insignificant

Stopped reading there

You know nothing about bitcoin and it shows

They really are. They serve the purpose of confirming transactions but the actual bitcoin they mine is an insignificant portion of the total market.

>Retarded cucks - selling one million bitcoins a day
>Miners - selling one million bitcoins a year at most
Do the math. Market price isnt dictated by miners.

If you had to guess, what would you place the price of bitcoin six months from now?

You say the price will increase post-halving, but you also say "miners don't matter"

I'm genuinely curious what you think the price will be

I never said the price of bitcoin will increase post halving. I'm not that guy. Who the fuck knows what the price will be? It isnt up to the miners. It is up to the whales that are buying and selling more than a million bitcoins a day. They can pump the price up by hoarding or they can drop the price by selling and shorting the market just as easily.

Where do you get your made up stats from?

Care to post a citation for your silly" 1 million bitcoins sold daily" figure?

There there are like 4 big companies that control like half of the world's amount of Bitcoin. If the halfing occurs, then the majority of the miners will probably quit due to the fact that newer hardware must be used to overcome the small reward that is caused by the halving. There would be no incentive for mining bitcoin after the halving.

Sure there is a lot of Bitcoin being sold every day but unlike a natural resource where its value is accepted worldwide and carries superficial value as well as monetary, Bitcoin's only use is to be converted into money. The support from miners are the only reason why Bitcoin is still relevant and if the incentive to mine is gone then the value will deplete

Again just my opinion, please be gentle, I'm a Bitcoin virgin

>Who the fuck knows what the price will be

I do know what the price won't be, and thats under $1000 in six months

Screenshot this post young one, take a gander at the 2nd pic ITT of me mining bitcoin on a shitty $200 radeon 7850 in 2012 when bitcoin was practically worthless

You might want to take some wisdom from people like me who were mining bitcoin when it was still considered a fucking joke and had the foresight to know it would be worth a lot more some day

1 million bitcoin has been the average daily volume lately. The last 24 hours it was closer to 2 million. Now think of that 3600 bitcoin mined and sold on the market today and tell me it affected the price at all.

Shutup with the whole screenshot thing. You are anonymous so you dont care if your prediction is wrong. I will tell you who has the least amount of inclination at all where the bitcoin price will be 6 months from now. Hint: its you. You literally have no clue.

Mining Bitcoin was easy back then. The Bitcoin pool was vast back then. Now most of the Bitcoins are mined and are held by big Chinese companies. The Bitcoin miners who stuck through will benefit from this halving, but after this halving, the Bitcoin is probably going to slowly decrease in value. Since it requires more effort to mine and this will not only make some of the current miners quit, it will also not attract new miners and without miners, its value is going to go down

>without miners its value is going to go down

this is where you lost me
wouldn't that make the value go up (even more)?

Isnt the value of Bitcoin dictated from the effort of mining the damn thing? If the effort is too much, yeah the value is going to skyrocket, but if it is too costly then average miners are not going to mine bits of Bitcoin from a pool that's almost depleted

What the fuck...
This faggot is so dumb. There are more than 15 million bitcoins out there, only 3600 plus a day, it's not that much of a difference, if anything people will think that this might increase the price too much and buy btc which will make the price increase more than it should artificially. Also, "lol less miners means less bitcoins".
Holy fuck, people who spread disinformation like this should be hanged like the niggers they are. If there are 10 guys mining in one single day and all of them have the "mining power" of "1"(Example), all of them will get 1800/10 which will be 180 bitcoins per day. Now if there is only one guy mining with mining power of "1", since he is the only one, there will be 1800 bitcoins going to him. The number and power of all miners combined doesn't change the number of bitcoins that are going to be released in a single day.

>Isnt the value of Bitcoin dictated from the effort of mining the damn thing?
This was true years ago when the amount of bitcoin mined made up a significant portion of the market. This just isn't true anymore.

The miners are the one who dictate the price of value of Bitcoin. The popularity of Bitcoin spreads from successful miners and encourage new miners to participate and the cost of a Bitcoin is dictated from the effort of mining it.

If the miners are going to decrease after the halving due to the need of much more effort of mining little bits of Bitcoin from a now very limited pool of bitcoins, then I don't see why miners would care to stay

Why you mad bro? I'm here trying to learn and be corrected.

>The miners are the one who dictate the price of value of Bitcoin.
This is where you are wrong. Supply and demand is the only thing that dictates the price. The amount of supply that miners generate from mining is not the whole supply. You are forgetting the millions of bitcoins that are being traded daily.

Funny part is, I had a fucking shitty budget $200 radeon 7850 and I was still able to mine what was it? 1 bitcoin a week in 2012?

Jesus Christ, that's $700 of basically free money today!

When the 1st halving came and it took me two weeks to earn one bitcoin, did I just say "fuck this shit"?

No, I kept mining all thoughout 2013 on this shitty piece of shit gpu until I ended up spending some serious scratch on some asics in 2014

And wouldn't you know it, that fucking price of bitcoin just kept on rising! Jesus fucking Christ, sure it dipped from its ATH of $1150 to $170 but thank God for stubborn people like me right? Good thing I never sold haha

>thank God for stubborn people like me right?
Sorry to break it to you bro, but you, and people like you are insignificant too. Your measly 200 bitcoin is a drop in the bucket. The market is controlled by large whales that manipulate the price. Just like fiat there is under a small minority of individuals that control most of the wealth. Your fate is entirely at their whim. If they decide to crash the market tomorrow and get richer by shorting the market, that is what they will do.

What makes you think I own 200 bitcoin? Furthermore, even if I did, 200 coins surely isn't a "drop in the bucket" out of a mere 21 million total

The stench of "I had x amount of coins, but sold them for dragon dildos" or " I had x amount of bitcoins, but I decided to buy some shitty altcoin that is now worthless" reeks from you

The salt in your posts is enough to fill an ocean.

So what happened to, friend?

Why do u lurk this thread and continue to post fud and or nonsense?

You're clearly butthurt about something

Do yourself a favor son, buy a coin or two right now or as soon as you're able, before you see the price in six months and get so sad you graduate for shitposting in threads like mine to becoming an hero

Sad but true. Whales can actually make more money by starting a massive sell off and then shorting than by holding longterm. This is perfectly legal too since bitcoin is unregulated. This is just a hunch but I am guessing its one of the main reasons that bitcoin has just been fluctuating up and down the last couple of years without ever taking off. There is just more money in it.

>Why do u lurk this thread and continue to post fud and or nonsense?
I guess you are so allergic to common sense that it all smells like fud to you. Name anything I posted that is wrong or unreasonable. I am not trying to piss anyone off here. I am just stating the obvious.

>200 coins surely isn't a "drop in the bucket" out of a mere 21 million total
>.0001%
>not a drop in the bucket
I kekked.

I'm not sure if you're retarded or just jealous

Take a look a the pic friendo, some user made recently

>Being in the top .3% of an asset that is bound to increase in seven days is a drop in the bucket

go back to retard land and never return

What makes you so sure its going to increase in 7 days? Your gut? Intution? Sounds like some really solid math you have going there.

I never said it was going to increase immediately

It's going to be over $1000 in six months

What are you mad about, though?

You sold your bitcoins for drugs, right?

You bought something with bitcoin, but wished you hadn't, right?

You sold your bitcoin for fiat, but wished you hadn't, right?

Come on kid, tell us why you're mad that Bitcoin is bound to increase in value in the coming months

Let me tell you why I'm happy:

I've been accumulating my bitcoins for years, and I've never sold.

That is enough reason for you to continue to post in my thread utter fucking nonsense and ass pain

Keep going faget

the ability to create global richlists and track transactions will be Bitcoin's undoing.

k

Utter Fucking Nonsense and Ass Pain

Where's the faggots posting the same boring pictures of Lambos and that stupid fucking "bus leaving" gif holding .002 bitcoins

You faggots make new threads with the same boring pictures of your lambos and your buses leaving and I dry heave every single time and cringe

None of you people hold a significant amount of bitcoin, you just want (you)'s

When someone like myself makes a worthwhile thread, with links to real information, it gets flooded with faggots, jealous they've never bought bitcoin, or mad they've already sold

Where are you .02 bitcoin holding faggots?

You're the reason this board is cancer

Go on faggots, post another cope reply

you just copy pasted some generic links, nothing to brag bro, pretty meh-tier thread, also the world is not black and white, I bet many of these memers actually hold bitcoin and do it just for kicks and pity of nocoiners.

>posting anime

pls go

look where you are m8

>look where u are m8

Where am i?

in your house (browsing Veeky Forums).

>in your house (browsing Veeky Forums).

And I asked you to kindly please leave my house

You're posting kids pics in my bitcoin thread and you probably hold less than one bitcoin

You're an adult male and you you're fascinated with kiddy pics

pity u

I hold more than one Bitcoin but don't worry I'll be leaving, this may be the last time we speak so good luck user.

>I hold more than one Bitcoin

You might hold more than one bitcoin but you'll always be a faggot who posts jap pics on a shitposting gook moot forum

OP HERE, should I post a screenshot of my bitcoin holdings?

y/n ?

>there are people out there still holding ETH

kek a roo

>i-it's his first altcoin! H-he doesn't know any better!

TOP KEK

When will altcoin fags learn

No one will beat Bitcoin

>wew lad on May 21st he just decided "yeah, fuck it, let me stop acquiring Bitcoins"

Ah, Yeah!

i saw that bitcoin has gone down seven dollars today...Is it too late to jump on this bandwagon?Or should i buy

u gettin fresh m8?

i used to use bitcoin for buying online shit i feel like an idiot. I want to make up for it and maybe get back some of what i spent. I just wanted to hear what everyone here thinks about it. My quads proved my honesty in asking

Those quads tho

I don't normally look at #'s

Yeah ma n since I realize now you weren't just being fresh, you should definitely buy some bitcoins.

just for reference, isnt 680 really expensive? Will the price double at the halving or will it be months later?

I don't know anything about any 680's but I know the price will double within six months of the halving

You can take it to the bank young man

Daily reminder there's plenty of cocksucking, motherfucking pieces of shit trying to get goys like you to belive Bitcoin doesn't exist

For fucks sake, Bitcoin rose from $200 to $800 in the past couple months, did you hear about it in the mainstream media?

Fuck no you didn't, it's because the same kikes who control the banks control the media

Do you think Schlomo Shekelstein wants you to be your own bank?!?> Top kek!

Paypal is so terrified of Bitcoin they're trying to appease the goyim!

Meanwhile the average person who sells their shit on ebay gets fucking butt-raped by ebay/paypal combined!

They're terrified of Bitcoin and shit like Open Bazaar!

Fuck those kikes!

I'll watch the price go to .00001 before I sell !

Fuck those greedy cocksucking motherless kikes

It's red-blooded white men like myself who will ensure Bitcoin has a prosperous future!

It will happen!

Fuckin price's been $680 for like 8 hrs straight, even as a guy who's been holding for five yrs im getting pretty triggered

Fucking go up or down you nigger

>mfw I could watch The Thing once a week for years and never get tired of it

Your face when you couldn't get 10 minute's through 1982's The Thing without demanding a rainbow-colored dildo be inserted in your ass, that's long before you start to cry there being no women or she-boons in the movie

TL:DR

Buy bitcoin, you despicable niggers

>posting 3 times in a row
i'm pretty sure you are the guy that claimed to have 212 BTC yesterday, yet failed to sign a message with his private wallet key.
i asked you this yesterday and i will ask you again: are you willing to bet that the price of one Bitcoin is over $1000 two weeks after the halvening?

I'm "212 BTC Guy" even though a month from now I'll be "220 BTC Guy" but for reference I'll keep the 212 name for giggles

I don't sign messages, I post screenshots of my holdings which I did last night, or was it two nights ago

Are you asking me if I'm willing to bet if.. blah blah blah

Are you the top Kike of Goldman Sachs or something?

I love it when jewish people fear Bitcoin getting more popular

That's what i thought. Guess everyone can make up his own mind about you now.

> Guess everyone can make up his own mind about you now.

>posts a picture of some man-hating dyke

Where do you think we are? Cunt

I was saving this pic for when the price dipped bigtime but...

This pic makes the reddit people go and stay go

relevant

>mfw the mainstram jewish-controlled media keeps ignoring Bitcoin over the next couples years

>It doesn't matter, I'm still holdin'

>The price keeps risin, the kikes keep cryin'

>mfw

NO, THIS IS ACTUALLY, REALLY MY FACE WHEN

>They didn't think Op was a cute 20-something girl who attends Trump rallies all the time.

Jokes on them

mfw there is a guys load dried on her belly

>The Bitcoin Halving is like a Christmas that occurs once every four years. Santa Clause delivers presents in the form of untold riches but only to those good little boys who've been buying and holding their Bitcoins and ignoring altcoins.
yet nothing happened in the previous halvening

I think we will see a big bull run leading up to it possibly hitting 1000 when everyone starts panic buying but the halving itself won't have a big effect initially.

i think the rally will definitely go on til the actual halvening by then ever gullible fuck bought his bitcoins and sits on them asscheek clenched waiting fr the moon rocket. the guys that bought the latest and don't see any growth or even a slight dip start to sell impatiently because the moon doesn't seem so sure now as they sell price goes down the more it does the more try to close their purely speculative position in bitcoin and the more price falls.
i think shortly after the halvening a small crash is imminent. so i will sell all my bitcoin to be sure before the halvening. i have a few days to wait and see how much i get for them. and if price stabilizes after i can still buy back in. i'm not going to hold through this bullshit. i think the major support for bitcoin price rally so far ran out (chinks and brexit) so now it's mostly speculation driven.

>That feel when your in the top half a percent.

>tfw want in into bitcoin train
>can only buy something like ~30euros worth

Question, are U.S. citizens suppose to pay taxes on BTC???

supposed to pay taxes on any capital gains. why do you think coinbase wants your ssn?

havnt used coinbase, but interesting and fuck that.
Well whats the legality of selling it in person?