UKRAINE

Based in UK. I have access to transportation and good relations on the Polish/Ukrainian border. What do people in Ukraine want that i can export from UK?
Regards.

weed

Ukraine has a GDP Per capita under $4000, I don't think they can afford too much.

Can you get cheap antiques/silver/decorative rugs from Ukraine?

This. Its not so much about what they want but what they can afford. Unless you're in luxury goods, I don't see much opportunities, Imo you got that whole idea the wrong way around

elecronics

Ukraine is about to go bankrupt and is heading to court because Russia wants its money back

Why do you want to invest in what is almost a failed state?

Go the other way. Sell ukrainian goods to the uk.

I was in Kiev last year. I think it is possible to find cheap to produce craft goods that you can sell. You have to ask people or ask for suggestions.

Cant do that again i'm afraid. lol

You would be surprised. While it is true things are tough there, and a lot of it due to corruption, historically, exporting things like clothes there has been very profitable. A friend of my old man got started by buying cheap suits from Marks and Spencers (UK department store) and shipping them over to Ukraine. Now he owns shopping malls there.
One avenue i have looked at is exporting plants over there. I have a great link for all types of plants, vegetable to flowers etc. I may have missed the boat now on flowers, but ill hit it next year. Tomato plants and autumnal vegetables, still looking into it...

You mean food? Or actually Lardo? Shit load of pigs over there already.

I could ask...Never thought of it. You have a market for that stuff? Where are you based?

I have ministerial level government contacts there. Family has been trading there for over 15 yrs. I have access to all the things necessary to move good in and out of the country, now i just need to select the things the good people of Ukraine need and want to spend what little money they have on.

I can get hold of white goods, bathrooms, copper tubing, machinery, arms etc etc.. but no--one really wants that shit. They want Western branded goods, even in the third world, they will take 2nd hand Western goods over brand new Ukrainian ones. Very frustrating, but thats the world we live in.

Yes. I always have African traders asking me for flat screen tv's i can ship down there, but i would prefer to supply anything i could get to Ukraine. What in particular do people want?

Cheap good quality clothes, although you might need specific buyers. I import half of my stuff from the uk becouse its cheaper than buying a good item where I live

Yeah, i've been thinking of buying vintage clothes in tons, think it could be a good niche. Are you in Ukraine? Do you prefer plain brand-less clothing?

I'm just another user, but why would a bunch of not-too-hipsterish people want to buy second hand clothes, when you can just buy nice new stuff and copies from China or Cambodia or wherever.

smuggle quality AK's and send them to the US pls, I can't keep dealing with century quality control, or lack there of

That is the question that needs to be answered. I think any market would be very small, but it could be the start of one. If the price is right on both ends then it could work.

I'm not in Ukraine eastern Europe though so I imagine the purchasing mentality and needs are somewhat similiar. Keep in mind I represent average income class. Everything depends on the type of clothes, if its shoes well known brands are received better because they feel more comfortable look better last longer and stuff. Another example where brands matter is jackets maybe coats for rain or snow etc. Branded goods do exist here but it is so much cheaper to get them in western europe and ship it here, if you do your research you could make money without having specific orders. Speaking about second hand clothes I guess you should do the math because i don't think there is a huge demand for it because second hand shops do exist and it tends to be cheap.

Good quality is the key word, because you can get all sorts of shitty stuff. I mostly buy pants, shoes, and t-shirts. Nothing too fancy but they tend to be about half in price in uk

Exact same items cost twice as much here on average. Sometimes you get even better stuff for half the price in the uk. This is from my own experience in buying shoes, jeans, other types of pants, and tshirts

Up middle class Ukrainian here, used to live in the UK.

After the currency devalued triple people have decreased their disposable consumption 3fold. So bear in mind that you have to really choose carefully.

The thing said above about second hand tvs i dont think so, we have pretty good contraband routes from China, in fact electronics such as flash drives and all that spiel are cheaper here than in the EU.

Factors of production espescially in the agrifood industry - thats a good choice. Cultivars, seeds, etc. monsanto and others have cornered the big players but for orchards there is still room.

OP if you're serious drop me a line williamsburg at protonmail dot ch