Uncle has some land

>Uncle has some land
>Go there for the last 2 summers picking apricots and shit
>Guy really likes me, thinks I'm reliable
>Get job done and don't complain
>FF to today
>"You know user, me and the wife are going on vacation during August. I don't really care about plumbs, but since you won't be going anywhere this summer I want X amount of cash for Y amount of plumbs sold. So I'm leaving it to you. Hire the workers, come do it whenever, just get it done".
ITT : Managing advice
What do I need to know on how to lower the chance of fuck ups?

n-no blacks. i-im on my way back to pol ///_///

Hire white people, like yourself.

Hire White people, but the good ones.

Tattooed millennial trash is worse than niggers.

hire no one, except your trusted friends, white black or mexican, they will screw you over if they have the chance.

Don't hire niggers, some spics can be okay buy be careful about which ones.
and most importantly, don't be afraid to tell people to fuck off if they don't want to work hard

Sell all the plumbs and then tell him they were stolen. Plumb and dump.

Kek

>hiring friends
>hiring trusted friends
This is the worst possible advice you could give.

The problem is paying for the workers / food / gas / and coming out on top (or just slightly above even).
1 kg of apricots ~ 2 kg of plumbs with the current market price, and the time it takes to gather 1 tone would fuck me over if they got payed by the hour as much as I do at the moment. Finding the fine line between reasonable and (((mischievous))) is what scares me, since I have no business experience whatsoever.

I think has a point, since it seems like a sure fire way to lose my best mates over seeming like a slave driver

Hire your friends or neighborhood kids. Set up a farmstand by the road and sell them there at a higher price than your uncle normally wood. Give him that X amount and pocket the difference. He's basically giving you clearance to do that. I'm guessing he said $/bushel, so harvest those bushels and store them on his property, count them, then crunch some numbers.

If you sell at just bellow super market price you'll probably leave yourself a fat margin. Sell by the dozen at most.

go hang outside the local catholic church in the morning and you'll find some illegals begging for work. Easy as that

There is a problem. The guy who they have been trading with for years is set up to come pick them up the day they are harvested, and telling him to piss off would cause some problems. If I start selling them around town / that area, the guy will know, and that could be a whole can of worms I'd avoid if possible.
Not to mention I personally don't have a transport truck, it's around 5km uphill with a very rocky road so it takes ages to move one way,

Don't hire the underclass where you're from without preparation.

Big ass safe, lots of security cameras etc...

never hire friends

Don't try to retail them yourself on any scale beyond a small bunch for the learning experience. No one could fault you that. Likely its a pain in the ass you know you don't want.

Pay under the table in cash when you can or hire a staffing agency who handles the taxes etc... if you can source good workers best make them 1099 and not 1040.

Fire Fast and Hire Slow.

call a plumber

ayy lmao
Seriousley though op, ever heard of a mexican?

ask your uncle what he usually does. then see how his plan can be improved. why start from scratch?

> safe and security cameras on a fucking apricot farm
what the fuck? the only one who even touches money is OP himself in any case, because the pickup guy pays straight up to him.

How many people did he hire to pick the plumbs? Does he trust them hire them regularly? The hire the same, and perhaps less and work your ass off. (Which also will make it easier for you to fire any slackers as you are working your ass of too and you won't have any guilt .. if you are not experienced in managing shit that is. Keep your cost low and find creative ways of selling your plumbs, perhaps there is more possible than the one area auction.)

underrated

If he manages to find a negro that isn't too proud to do agricultural work, that in itself is a tell-tale indicator of reliability, by virtue of being an outlier.

>wants to sell a fruit called a plumb
>plumb
>plumb
>plumb

Don't hire people to pick fruit only to sell it for pennies to a grocery store.

"Pick your own farm fresh fruit!" Advertise to families, a fun learning experience for their children. They do the picking for you. And they pay you for the privilege. Say at the top of every hour, you give a little tour and talk farming practices.

A place near me pulled this racket. They're absurdly profitable. They kept expanding on this family fun at the country farm angle, and it's like a fucking theme park at this point. Bigger and bigger crowds every year.

Not this guy, but this is an excellent idea OP. Also, see if you can market it as organic. This will raise the value of it immensely and be credited as "healthy" too. I have no idea how the USDA certification process goes, though, so be careful.

>plumbs
You sure we're talking about fruit and not these?

How much land is this we're talking about? A few acres or a few hundred? Could make the difference between you and a good friend working at it, or you hiring 5 guys

The quota is 1 tone per day, meant to be spread out over the course of 2-3 weeks.
English ain't my first language, so i was unsure if it went with a p at the end or not.
Thing is, with the current state of things, very few people will do it for free (since our part of the country is mostly agricultural and people would see it for what it is).

I worked in this industry as a youth. all I can say is, pay workers by what they pick, don't try to rush people that are already on comission, and get kids in high school.

Best advice

isn't that practically what knotts berry farm did and it became a theme park?

fucking l0l

Hire older white gentlemen (40-60) with good manners who are looking for temp work. Hire vets or off duty military failing that. A black military/vet is better than a young white millennial any day of the week.