How do you make money on Ebay or Amazon?

You just buy from alibaba and sell on Ebay or Amazon?

Which of the two is the best?

The alibaba Minimum Order Quantities got me fucked up. I need to invest like $4k before I even know if I'm gonna get any sales.

I saw some of you making money on ebay in another thread a while ago, how do you do it?

Amazon is easier/less bull shit, but the customer is always right, even when they want to steal your shit, and get a refund while keeping the item.

Ebay sucks, but has no weiners policy. caveat emptor methodology.

How the hell do you find something that isn't already being sold?

I build my own shit to sell, but I sell on Etsy. Amazon/Ebay are the Wal-Mart/Kmart, respectively, of online shopping. Selling stuff to poor people is too much of a headache.

$99 fucking dollars?
Niggers are fucking stupid...

Amazon is better for merchants sourcing products IMO.

eBay is better for local arbitrage (unique/single items). eBay is best served for people who purchase undervalued used goods from garage sales, thrift shops, estate sales, etc.

You don't need to invent something in order to create a business. You just need to find an item that still space and of which you can build an audience.

My sales have fallen through the fucking roof in the last 3 months. I went from 2K p/m to $10. I have zero idea what has happened but it is pissing me the fuck off.

But are they? Think about it for a minute. That shitty shirt is already selling like hot-cakes. Supply and demand.

most of the time the MOQ is a meme and if you ask for a smaller order size they will give it to you.

I didn't say anything about the guy selling it. The people buying it on the other hand... Or, were you suggesting that black kids were buying them for $99 and flipping them for $200-300? If that's the case
>Niggers are fucking super geniuses

I'll let you decide whether this is the first time, in the history of the universe, that can be said without a hint of sarcasm.

i know ebay takes a hefty percentage (15% on apparel for example) on every item you sell.

does ebay do this?

i meant amazon takes a percentage*

you guys do realize I made that picture in photoshop right?

The title says "Antoine Johnson" ffs, I meant to put Antoine Dodson but fucked up yet you still fell for it.

you have to do a LOT of research to make money from alibaba to amazon. your margins should be over 75% in order to pay the shipping and fees. Good luck finding a chinese supplier who gives you 75% they know the amazon/bay prices and they adjust them. I am start thinking the best option should be go directly to china and find those suppliers that dont know about the internet (very difficult)

however I can tell there are people doing it but they told me it wasnt easy, lot of hit and misses.

PayPal chargebacks are getting unbelievable. I'm losing 50% of my profits and PayPal has yet to go my way in a case.

Yes, Amazon takes more in fact. I do FBA. On a $15 CD I make about half. If I sold that CD on eBay I'd make maybe $11 after fees and shipping.

I don't buy shit from Alibaba, I get all my items from thrift stores, swap meets, yard sales, Facebook and Craigslist too.

Why not Shopify ?

Mind if I ask what kinda stuff you make on Etsy?

I lack any trade and/or really skills but want to learn something that I can use to work from home.

Even if it is just to supplement my income.

Hand made tables and other stuff. Where are you located? If you can hustle on social media, I've been looking for people to sell stuff in other markets. I'm in the Boston area.

Shit, looks nice; I lack any type of trade skills myself.

I'm waaaaay across the country in Phoenix.

I met this guy at college did a similar thing, he'd go to northern California where they were cutting down trees and I guess they would let you haul away the lumber for free.

Then he'd used that to make furniture.

By all means provide as little info as possible so we have no way to help or provide insight.

Oftentimes there is no trigger. You just suddenly stop getting sales. They have an algorithm that hides your listings based on many factors beyond you control, usually because c Chinese seller is paying them to exclude you..

>They have an algorithm that hides your listings based on many factors beyond you control, usually because c Chinese seller is paying them to exclude you..

On eBay? Source?

>sell NWT Levi's jeans in an indigo wash
>(indigo is a dark blue color)
>post pictures of actual item, include stock photos from Levi's, and description of color
>customer requests a return, states "items not as described"
>essentially complains of the blueness of the jeans
>a problem of the item itself, not of my own doing
>go through with return

This is such a small, non consequential incident, but for some reason it annoyed me. Okay, personal blog post over.

hey, if you are still alive, im in Toronto and would love to sell in this area

send me a messageat [email protected]

I put up a listing and specified that I only ship to the US but somehow some international fucker ordered the item, Why the fuck would eBay let someone do this and did this fuck face not see that I only ship to US? Fucking annoying.

what you just said has got to be the stupidest thing ive ever heard someone claim about ebay

stop spreading retarded bullshit. theres no way some no name factory worker, hell even a no name factory manager, is getting through to anyone in ebay that has the ability to control -the fucking search algorithm they use-

i dont even know how you were able to type that.

because you are so fucking stupid and have no idea how to set up a fucking listing properly. It is not ebays fault is yours.

You're a cretin.

What happens is that Chinese register a reshipper address on their account. Then PayPal has separate region settings from eBay. Because the PayPal account is ultimately foreign, PayPal tacks on another 1% fee and forces you to ship to a foreigner who can easily defraud you.

You're a cretin too. eBay has a special deal with China. In fact, they were a major proponent of the ePacket scam wherein shipping from China is about a buck and Americans pick up the difference in higher domestic rates. Do some research and get that corporate cock out of your mouth.

Happens to everyone eventually. Neither A nor E are very good anymore. The peak was years ago.

That FBA and Prime are for suckers. Also them holding your funds for 2 weeks or more, then offering loans at 15%. lol at so many suckers on Amazon.

What he says is true. Ebay has stated they provide the Chinese with lists of top selling things to make and sell. Every big corp has sold out to the commies.

Site backup references please.

That i can believe. However, providing lists of top selling products (which you can fucking figure out yourself anytime you want) =/= tinkering with algorithm to lower US listings and favor chinese listings for no reason

What they attempt to do with search, he who sells the most comes up first and continues to sell the most, obviously. How anyone else can "break in" to the best sellers is anyones guess.

>tinkering with algorithm to lower US listings and favor Chinese listings for no reason
>favor Chinese listings for no reason
>no reason

So you're saying a "Best Offer" for you would be an offer that came from China?
When your neighbor ships quickly and speaks English fluently + responds in the same hour, not 12hours after because of different time zones.

okay

A lot of people are just trigger-happy with purchasing. They might not even look at the photos or description that you posted. Sucks that it comes down on you, though. I don't know why these people would even do returns-- they must be wealthy and cheap, which is an annoying combo...

Sales are up!

Pump up that meme magic!

wololololololololo

how much do you sell that garbage for?

i hit best seller for various products all the time.

stats that might be key:
-account is around 10 years old, 5 as a seller, no shady practices
-have a basic store costs 15 a month but its worth it for the discounts and free listings
-around 3k total transactions, 1/3 of them leave feedback
-100% positive feedback

the real secret is stop trying to sell cheap Chinese merchandise you buy off alibaba. OBVIOUSLY you're not going to be them at their own game. it has nothing to do with secret agreements with china. you're competing in a niche that you outsource product from china (or gets heavily outsourced by others) against the people that fucking make them. they will always have more sales than you under their belt for that item and itll probably always be cheaper from them.

either my sleeping pills are kicking in, what you said makes no sense, or your use of the words "Best Offer" is confusing me because i think ur referring to the ebay selling option for "best offer"

Are you trying to say "So you would buy from a chinese guy first when the US seller ships it in 24 hours and it gets to you quick since youre in the same country, and he responds faster and easier?"

If so, then yes. that's exactly what im saying.

the price from china is 1.59 (+ shipping) vs 3.99 *over 100% markup not factoring in chinas shipping since i cant see it). Im going to guess the shipping is little to nothing, in turn making the chinese seller the cheapest price. this might be shocking to you, but LOTS of people sort by lowest price and dont mind waiting 30 days. I do it quite literally all the time for whatever random thing i need/want

some times i need/want an item faster or its something i dont want to risk being broken in transition, but 99% of the time for little shit like charging cables etc I happily purchase from china. I always decide how bad i need it and how much im willing to spend to get it faster. Normally 30 days from china wins the decision.

not him, but you'd be surprised how much handmade furniture sells for, ESPECIALLY if it caters to a specific niche of style. I wouldnt be shocked if he can get 3-400 for that table for exactly how it is in the picture,

I see people sell "handmade" furniture locally, some of its really well made, other is old shit they got from thrift stores and painted it/decoupaged it and shits listed for 700, 800, 1200 dollars...AND IT SELLS.

Personally id think that table needs a good stain and lacquer, but thats just me.

Mдa