Good Long Stock Picks

Alright, Veeky Forums, I've been looking at a few stocks and have come up with some picks. Let's go through them one by one.

1. General Motors ($GM)
The good:
>people will always drive, they will always need cars
>licensing robotic glove developed with NASA to healthcare company, potential for expansion
>just got a patent on a new, more efficient type of engine
>Chevy Bolt is a fully electric car that they could use as a platform to build upon
>decent dividend (5.4% yield) that has gone up from $0.36 per share per quarter to $0.38 per share per quarter (they started at $0.30 per share per quarter)
The bad:
>oil uncertainty could affect business, if prices go up, people might drive less
>decent amount of debt relative to cash
>Piper Jaffray values it as overweight
My guess? GM could end up 10-18% by the end of the year, but regardless, its dividend makes it a decent hold option.

2. Navios Maritime Acquisition Corporation ($NNA)
The good:
>cheap as fuck ($1.48 a share as of 11pm EST on July 7), meaning GREAT dividend yield (13.61%)
>since 2010, dividends have been a consistent $0.05 per share per quarter, meaning if you put $1000 into this then you get well over $100 per year in dividends
>mean and median target both would be >100% increases
>low PE, P/B, and PEG ratios
The bad:
>Wells Fargo downgraded them this year from outperform to under
>negative levered free cash flow
>their business is crude oil transport via tankers, and if prices fall, then they will lose revenue when companies renegotiate pricing
Given oil uncertainty, their price could drop if oil drops. However, if oil goes up, then they will do great. Regardless, that dividend is incredible, and even the lowest target is still higher than it is right now (though not by much). This seems like a great buy to me.

3. Braskem S.A. ($BAK)
The good:
>positive levered free cash flow
>petrochemical company that produces thermoplastic resin (largest producer in the Americas), so cheap oil is good for them
>BoA/Merrill upgraded them this year from neutral to buy
>leader in US polypropylene market, which is used to make plastics chairs, lab equipment, Tic-Tac lids, etc., so there will always be a demand for their stuff
>lowest target represents a 45% gain
The bad:
>very inconsistent dividend, swings up and down
>dividend paid only once per year, sometimes not at all
>debt is around 5.5 times the cash
This is a stock that I would buy and hold not for the dividend, but for the price growth. The mean target represents a 51% increase, and the median is a 54% increase. Considering the fact that they produce something with consistent demand, I see this as a strong stock to hold.

Anyone thinking gun stock are going to jump tomorrow after the shooting in Dallas? Shit is going to be Orlando 2.0

Not a big enough news event.

I stand corrected, this is an enormous news event. Buy the shit out of SWHC at open.

>my $10,000 check to Scottrade hasn't cleared

Taking a serious look at NNA

Even though they've literally never had a positive trend in stock price, ha

I wonder if they're primed to leap? They seem undervalued

NNA is interesting yeah. What do you think of CHKR as well?

Visa, Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Nike, Travelers, and Everest Re.

GM is pretty for dividends and covered calls; penny stocks aren't worth it.

>going long

It's like you want to lose your gains at the drop of a hat. You gotta watch out for earnings season, man. Everybody flips titties at the slightest bit of bad news. I mean, sure, the stock might return after a loss, but why even be there for the loss?

>dividend has gone down from >50 cents per share per quarter to just 4 cents per share most recent ex-div date
>negative quarterly year-over-year earnings and revenue growth
CHKR is absolutely terrible

Earnings season not-so-much, but July definitely. So many times if this the time of the year indexes start to drop. And after brexit, 1-2% fluctuations are not uncommon. I'm going long after the October drop, in fact I'm leveraging into short positions now

Relative to GM, what's the momentum like? I want in, however, it has been trending up in the last couple of days, think a dip might fall in? I want to pick up about $2000 worth.

They seem to have a nice trend starting. I say buy in now, and hold it for a while. Ride the ups and downs, collect the dividend, sell for a 10-20% profit in a few months time.

Braksem dividend you will get assraped by foreign withholding tax. I support your calls on Navios and GM

>>dividend has gone down from >50 cents per share per quarter to just 4 cents per share most recent ex-div date
They had a contract on oil shielding them from low oil prices that ran out.

Might wanna wait on $NNA. Look up the seasonal tendency of oil prices to gauge the time to jump in. You'll probably get a cheaper price.

NNA has been on a decent downtrend for most of its time, I'm recommending it more for the consistent dividend and potential rise in oil prices.

But GM makes shit cars.

If I had to invest in a US car company it would be Ford.

deutsche bank

>But GM makes shit cars.
So does Ford.

I've long been in love with Waste Management ($WM). No matter what happens to the US economy, people will never not need their trash taken care of. It's right up there with water as far as a necessity, but it's entirely privatized.

Go ahead and check the chart. Even in the 08 crash the stock only fell around 25%.

GM has a better dividend yield with a dividend that has risen. Also, GM's got that new patent and is already in the electric car market.

WM is a great investment, definitely, but with the upcoming recession (whenever it happens, be it in the next year or the next four years), consumers will consume less, thus produce less waste. However, WM has a good safety net from that in that it has municipal contracts which don't concern amount of waste managed and processed. Regardless, it will fall during the recession, though not as much as other companies. Overall, great retirement fund stock.

Boeing

Speaking of value buys, what do you guys think of the big US airlines? They have pretty low P/Es.

>GM gets patent on efficient engine
>sells really affordable fuel efficient cars
>when seasonal cost of fuel goes up, GM makes less money
Dropped

you mean Tesla

long intel, they are two steps ahead in manufacturing, optane will be the shit and it also pays nice dividends

>GM

terrible management
bad product
poor quality control
unfashionable for consumers
not as global as other manufacturers

bad stock

Solar City.

They're playing the long game. SCTY is undervalued as fuck right now because of their $3B debt. They are the largest residential solar panel installers in the US. And the most exciting part is only around 1% of US homes have solar panels installed. And the demand for solar will only increase as the government works toward a 100% renewable 2050. What incredible room for growth. And Solar City has positioned itself to dominate the market. No dividend though unfortunately. At $23, right now the stock is about as low as its been for 2 years, so it's a great time to enter. If you're looking for a place for your retirement savings I'd say SCTY is smart money.

blog.objectiveforex.com/p/long-term-super-stocks.html

>forex

BFCF. Once their SEC appeal is done with, there will be a merger between them and their 80% owned subsidiary, unwinding much of the complications with their financials, along with an uplisting to a major exchange. Once this process is complete, the price will skyrocket as its business can be valued properly.

>down nearly 50% ytd
>over 100% in the past 12 months
>probably going to plunge a lot further
how the fuck do you let this happen

>0.24 P/B

idk, it might actually be worth a look

>>people will always drive, they will always need cars
Unless everyone is an idiot, this should already be reflected in the stock price.

Do a proper valuation model and tell me how you get 10 - 18% return in 5 month.

Remember the question is not whether the company is good or bad, but whether the stock price is underpriced or overpriced.

aka. is there anything you know that the market has not priced in already.

Until they go the way of SUNE

SUNE

oh boy lost a bit there.

Should I hold AMD? Pretty volatile at the moment. Holding out for at leasr $10/ should I want or is this a pipe dream. bought @$2.00 and now feeling like jumping ship. If you read all the nonsense they were calling to dump before it hit $4. I stuck with it almost sold at peak price last month or so. I am new to all this and lost a bit on LINN and SUNE. Nothing I wouldn't miss if lost but still would rather make some actualy dosh. Lend me your wisdon Veeky Forums.