I'm planning to make a website which would combine the features of imageboards and social networks...

I'm planning to make a website which would combine the features of imageboards and social networks. It'd be "Veeky Forums for normalfags" which would include the following:
- authorization through social networks
- optional anonymity (users can be either anonymous or not)
- user boards with custom settings
- a variety of supported media formats (AVI, MP3, etc.)
- voice messages
- PMs between users
- Instant notifications on replies to your posts
- A feture-rich promoted mobile client for multiple platforms
- A friendly design, similar to social networking sites
- Not seen as a site for NEETs, retards and cybercriminals by the general public (media, investors, etc.)

Thoughts? My budget is $1,5k. One thing is clear: without being useful to big businesses, my startup will never attract enough users. Advice?

>I'm planning to make a website

lol. good luck.

>- authorization through social networks
>- optional anonymity (users can be either anonymous or not)

How can you authorize through social network and yet have anonymity?

>you authorize
>you post anonymously

You are authorized by your IP anyway.

>A feature-rich promoted mobile client for multiple platforms
>budget of 1.5k

Ambitious, but unless you're hiring pajeets for everything, you might want to scale back your initial proposal. Once you realize the website is profitable, then start going for your mobile application.

That's obvious. My idea is that Veeky Forums lacks that type of application, I can't even figure out why.
>HEEEEY LOOOK HERE'S OUR MOBILE CLIENT TO BROWSE FROM SCHOOL

That type of advertising on the site would work. Still, no "official" client.

There are several third party applications for android at least that are for Veeky Forums.

The reason they don't work at most schools is because most schools have Veeky Forums blocked by IP already. An app wont magically circumvent that.

My idea is that moot doesn't PROMOTE his board in an efficient way. Business is all about promotion, finding ways to attract users, etc.

>An app wont magically circumvent that.
So make a website which is
>Not seen as a site for NEETs, retards and cybercriminals by the general public

Also stop enforing that "underage" policy. In my opinion, 13 year olds is the target group.

>I'm planning to
In other words you're never going to do anything.

Also
>no fucking reCAPTCHAs (replaced by social authorization)

I am asking how to attract big businesses.
Even a good site does not magically become popular.

Oh boy. You must be 15, your main board is /b/, or you're new here.

No one aside from 13 year olds and pedophiles are going to want to be on a website designed for a target group of 13 year olds.

I'm 19. My assumption is that if you want to make a popular thing, you make it for plebs.

In our case, children simply have more time to spend on forums than adult NEETs.

What does meaningful discussion look like to the average 13 year old?

Ever heard of Facepunch? They tried that experiment there. The site is pretty close to dead now. Only reason it isn't is because it's owned by the guy who made Garrysmod and Rust.

>What does meaningful discussion look like to the average 13 year old?
Something very close to /b/

>Facepunch
No, but their design makes me wanna puke. I'm 100% aware my site will get to nothing without being useful to businesses.

Bump

>hiring pajeets for a big project
>ever
Have fun burning your money.

i didn't know Veeky Forums attracted a big business, how is it popular?

phpbb or similar or steroids

It did not, it isn't.
That's shitty. I wanna make it from scratch.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel, you won't get far with your budget.

Take the code and modify it for what you want it to do.

I have made several imageboards, and got it very clear: if you want to make something new, make it yourself. If it pops, you will have to eventually do it.

>I have made several imageboards
link?

Go for it if you know what you are doing, but remember if you are aiming it for the general public you have to compete with facebook groups etc

All dead by now
(as I grew out of it).

I will do it, my problem is that I don't know how to make big sites link to my site. E.g. they have a "share" button for facebook or a link to their Instagram profile.

>I have made several imageboards
>I don't know how to make big sites link to my site

pick one

If you mean advertising, it's not a good way to promote such website.

>It'd be "Veeky Forums for normalfags

They already made that website

It's called Veeky Forums

No, it is not. It lacks some very basic features.

This is the truth. I've made sites before and they all fail because I have no idea how to get users.

>1.5k
will get you a flat non-interactive wireframe

This is funny because I got this idea 2 months ago and was going to begin working on it, too busy with 2 other startups i'm running right now so I cant.

I have a similar idea I've been playing around with. It's a mobile app, though. If you're interested, I can give you my contact info.

Dump that idea here

sounds like less than discord

Oh you mean reddit?

Underrated post...

Came here to post this.

not knowing your background I'd suggest to not invest the money. These kind of projects seldom succeed but are a great opportunity to build the skill set needed for other projects. A social network / image board can be build by a single person or a small team within reasonable time and additionally you'll get an idea of what to expect from a programmer / designer in the future.

Content (in the form of an image, video, text, or a combination) is fed on a mobile app cascading from top to bottom of the screen. You can tap on a post and respond to it, as well as read others' responses.

There are four ways to get posts:

1. Tags. These are basically "boards." People use tags on their posts and people can filter posts by tags to see and discuss content they're interested in

2. Trending. Get a stream of content based on how popular it is.

3. Local. The real appeal of the app. Share pictures/videos/text posts locally and connect with/discuss with people in your local area.

4. Random. Get a completely random assortment of content from anywhere in the world.

It would be fun and stupid for college kids to share pictures and discuss local events, but is flexible enough to be used for a huge variety of things, giving it room to grow. Like a combination of Veeky Forums, Twitter, and Instagram.

Reddit already exist buddy.

Is it user generated content? Or is it aggregated from the internet?

User generated. Each of these content posts is basically a "thread" started by a user.

Let me signup through email