ADDY

I have the GRE and shit going up. I'm trying to go get my PhD in econ along with my JD at the same time.

Where the FUCK do I get it? And second, is it even worth? I'm thinking just taking it once a week for extreme study sessions and then on test day.

Red pill me on addy.

I had a psychiatrist write me a prescription after I told him I had a hard time focusing on my studies in a public environment like a library. I wasn't angling for a prescription at all.

It did not make me smarter or more able to retain information.

I also scored well enough on the GRE to be accepted into an ms program in mathematics. I didn't study-just read a lot and kept off the internet in the days beforehand. Adding more pressure onto a big test like that seems like a self fulfilling prophecy.

>It did not make me smarter or more able to retain information.
I don't know. People at university swear by it. Maybe I am just being memed by normies.

I just really need to score well in the 90th percentile on the test to get in. I've already got the masters underway, but I don't think my scores are good enough for what I want to pursue.

>is it even worth?

mfw

Start asking around, I'm sure lots of people are selling it around you. Get instant release if you can, way better. I used to be prescribed XR until my doc switched me to IR and it's incredible.

>decide you want to "do better" in school
>hear about mystery secret X that magically improves your gpa for 10$ a session
>only catch is that you actually have to study for it to work
>start studying more
>grades improve
>it must have worked because I'm spending money
>forget the fact that I actually decided to sit down and study
Don't be a sucker OP. It's a meme the rich kid uses to increase the value of his mommies dollars 50x

>Don't be a sucker OP. It's a meme the rich kid uses to increase the value of his mommies dollars 50x

No possible way you're serious, or you clearly haven't done Adderall before.

So it is worth? Stories?

No stories in particular, I use it every day pretty much though. Got a prescription few years ago, changed my life. AMA.

yes I've "done" adderall, I tripped balls

>I tripped balls
>tripped

Uh huh.

I got through a JD and undergrad without it. Lots of folks I know used it regularly with varying success. View it as a form of coffee, and try to get it legally.

Although if you can't handle this grind without drugs, this might not be your profession. Try IBanking.

The only thing I pretty much care about is academics so those will be my questions.

Did grades improve?
Did you help retain information?
Did you ever go to grad school with it?
Is it really that addicting?
Can I just take it a few times for serious tests, exams, GRE etc and then not use it and not revert back to a moron?

Lol I don't mean that it's a complete placebo. I just don't think the adderall black market really sells the product in an accurate way. If you need it (I have family members who do) it can be very beneficial.

Most people I know who used it for studying would go with the state dependent learning idea. Essentially, stay awake continuously for 36 hours before the exam and exam itself using them, then crash.

As an aside I don't recommend it without practice. You need to know your dosing schedule before the big game.

>Did grades improve?
Yes
>Did you help retain information?
Yes
>Did you ever go to grad school with it?
No I did something much more difficult with it; grow/sustain multiple businesses while doing undergrad.
>Is it really that addicting?
Not at all. I go for weeks straight of taking it, then sometimes I'll take an entire month off, cold turkey, with literally zero effects. It's actually nice to get back to base line every once and a while.
>Can I just take it a few times for serious tests, exams, GRE etc and then not use it and not revert back to a moron?
You'll still be a moron but you will likely retain what you had studied as if you had done it the old fashioned way (without stimulants).

This is what I was going to experiment with.

I have about two months before the GRE and about 3 or 4 before PhD app deadlines. Need to get in the groove.

Thank you for your quick responses based Addyanon.

I used to do this when I was very young and didn't have a script for it, abusing it is easy at first. Now that I'm older I have a very good balance with it and it's a very valuable tool in my life.

Idk, I'm not sure what kind of Adderall you did, what manufacturer it was, etc. and that all matters when it comes to the experience. I'm a huge stickler on manufacturer these days and only get the CORPHARMA manufacturer IR tablets, they are by far superior to the rest.

Good point; key words there are 'older' 'good balance' and 'valuable tool.' You don't try paleo if you are competing in the Olympics in five weeks.

medical tourism
college campus smoking areas

Why the fuck would you want to do both a PhD and a JD?

It was a while back and I don't remember, maybe had I shopped around more I'd be having a different experience. I'm skeptical of folks using it for anything other than to treat an underlying condition. In part that's because it didn't work for me. I also lived with a guy in who would sell it to anyone. I didn't like the lack of accountability and word of mouth factor that went into his sales (I'm not bitter against him personally), his clients were morons and he was a really smart guy.

just try it first before losing all your time and energy just trying to get a prescription for it. if youre in college youd be able to find it even easier than pot if you just ask around. would only cost you $10 max to get a pill.

addy is essentially just enhanced coffee. no it won't make you smarter but it does significantly help with focusing on a single task. can be good or bad. for ex. if you play video games before taking it you'll end up playing for 8 hours kicking ass then wondering where the fuck the time went.

you wouldnt want to be on it for pretty much any other situation beyond studying if you dont really need it. its very strong for the majority of people and will give you jitters and a heartrate at a mile a minute. thats why you should just get it as a crutch for cram days from a friend who has serious ADD. it will screw with your brain chemistry and heart otherwise. its not a limitless drug, it wont make you more intelligent, its nothing to get hyped about. its basically just really strong coffee.

>In part that's because it didn't work for me.

Ironically, this may be because you actually have ADD/ADHD. Otherwise it was most likely a bad generic, there are many.

try r9k

It's a combined program.

>It did not make me smarter or more able to retain information.

Yeah because it's about focusing and not memory. It's for people with ADD or ADHD, not Alzheimer.

Chemfag here, just take meth orally, it's the same thing

OK

pros
>energy
>focus
>amplifies detail-oriented thought
>allows for the completion of repetitive or otherwise boring tasks

somewhere between pro and con
>kills the appetite
>tendency towards categorical, black-and-white reasoning
>will either make you extremely social or extremely anti-social

cons
>expensive
>exacerbates feelings of anxiety, neuroses
>fucks up your sleep schedule
>easy to get side-tracked from your goal, might end up focusing on the wrong thing
>might end up pursuing outlandish ideas
>easy to get addicted to the stuff-- you'll "need" adderall in order to have another successful work session
>might pick up a nicotine addiction while you're at it
>teeth-grinding common
>irritability common
>most people report a crash from instant release addy: tension headaches and such

don't take it-core
>if you have a heart condition
>if you are a nervous or anxious person
>if you don't have some exact task you're trying to complete

advice: if you really want it, get a prescription if you have health insurance and live in the US-- that way, you aren't breaking any laws.

and of course, take a small dose to start-- you don't want to get your shit fucked up by it.

I prefer vyvanse (extended release) because I find it feels more natural than instant release. I would say that it lasts about 8-12 hours. however, I have had people tell me that vyvanse really really makes them anxious.

oh, and definitely don't take it if you think that you're susceptible to manic depression or schizophrenia.

I got some a while back, six 10mg pills for $20. I feel like that price was kinda a rip off but, the main thing is, theu didnt do anything to me.
I took one, then took another in the next hour and nothing happened.

I tried another time, I took three within 2 hours, still nothing. Well actually I felt a really cold sweat.
Is it worth getting from someone else and trying again? Do I need a higher dose? A different kind?

In the mean time, OP, if you're in the US you can go to any pharmacy and ask for bronkaid.

It's a commonly used stimulant. It used to be called "Mommies little helper." And Body builders use it to stave hunger and stay lean since it increases heart rate and you burn more calories.

Sometimes it's been called Adderal's little sister. I personally Recommend it as its cheap, and widely available.

And the affects are a step above drinking coffee but not quite Amphetamine Salt tier like Adderal.

You little liar!!

Use kratom. It's a stimulating opiate, legally obtainable from the internet for cheap.

It's great for both physical and mental work; it all depends on the dose and strain you use.

Mental/office work: green malay + white summatra, dosage: 2 - 3 grams of GM and 1g of WS.

Physical/labor work: Red Thai Maeng Da or Red Borneo with a bit of white summatra, dosage: 3-4 grams of RTMD/RB + 1-2 grams WS.

This stuff acts as both a Serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) and an opiate (at higher levels) making it also an endorphine agent.

The result is a subtle moodlift, focus, clearity with added endurance and painrelief.

Important to note: less is more.
If you overdo kratom (its possible to get pretty wasted on this stuff when using 10+ grams) aka opiate nods, etc. which can pretty addicting + withdrawal at these doses becomes noticeable (depression, appetite loss, nightmares, resstless legs, insomnia).

Second remark: Tolerance control: Cycle different strains to reduce tolerance build. Optional: choose 1-2 days/week to not use kratom or reduced amounts for tolerance decrease.

Kratom might never give you the high of an amphetamine (derivative) but it will keep you going for a way longer period of time without all the neurotoxicity of amphetamines and abuse potential.

Another added advantage for me is that kratom only slightly constricts your pupils ('opiate eyes") whereas amphetamines usually dilate them which is way more noticeable.

Well considering you bought them on the street, they could have been placebos or fake.

As a past Addy user/abuser I will give you my two cents... The first couple times you do it will work wonders. You will feel like a god, you will feel confident, social, and ready to take on whatever the world gives you and best of all you will enjoy it too. Every task will be systematic and compete to perfection. You will have cotton mouth bad and will not be hungry all day and will probably stay up late.

Also I should mention music sounds better than ever. ON THE FLIP SIDE.... the next day hang over for a first time user typically sucks balls. You will feel bored, tired and depressed. On top of that the euphoria will only be at its prime during the first 10 or so times you take it. Just like all drugs, the high is greatest at the start ... this where most people pitfall. You will start needing to take more or do what I did and start snorting it which was fun but stupid as fuck. The drug will no longer make you happy, it will make you pissed, antisocial but still productive. You will feel like a robot. So theres both sides of the pill.

this guy nailed the experience of taking the drug regularly.

I've never heard of this shit. Is it really comparable?

>at college
>can't find addy

LOLOLOL NO FRIENDS

I've used kratom many times. It tastes disgusting and is extremely difficult to dose for a stimulating effect. Every single time I've done kratom it was like I swallowed a handful of hydrocodone and I spend the day watching movies and sleeping.

Kratom being used as a stimulant is sort of a meme at this point.

Ask a former I.V. drug user who has done it all, opiates, stimulants, psychedelics, research chems, disassociatives, inhalants, cannibis.. anything. I mean, if you really want to know.. you probably don't though.

what's an enjoyable legal RC similar to MXE? MXE is nonexistent now