Productivity

Playboyize
Playboyize

is 2 monitors a meme?

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

I'd say in most case no. It's nice to have them even if you're doing nothing more than watching videos on one and playing games/reading something on the other.

Of course if you're daytrading or something then a second monitor becomes much more useful.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

i have 2 monitors at work, but would love 3
makes my work much easier, but i like/have to multitask, so i have 13123132145 windows open

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

I use 3.

Left = Stock Charts
Right = Skype / Slack / Music
Center = Everything else

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Two monitors is a minimum requirement to get any real work done.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

I have a wide screen LG 29'' monitor at work and I like it much more than two monitors. I find its easier for my eyes to move between projects. That being said, Two monitors are great too. One is meh but doable and just using a laptop screen is basically fucking useless.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

anything over 3 monitors is pure meme. 3 is pushing it to a degree though, you can work pretty efficiently doing most things on 2 monitors.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

its really not. at $72/hr charge rate, if i save two hours between clicking and reading different pdfs/reports over a whole year, its worth it.

two screens is worth more than the sum of its parts.

Illusionz
Illusionz

totally useless
maybe it was good in the days of 4:3

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

i have 3 24in monitors. it is very useful when you do more than one thing

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

I thought it was a meme until I tried it. My life was changed forever.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Not at all memery. I would say it assists with nearly every business related task I have to do.

I'm a technician/programmer for a temperature controls and building automation firm, and the sheer number of windows we have to keep up is ridiculous. I probably saved half an hour and many bouts of frustration last week by getting a second monitor from IT.

Lunatick
Lunatick

this. admittedly, i previously thought "meh, im good with what i have, i dont need two screens like some people."

then i needed it.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

can you take this faggot shit to rk9

thanks

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

It took a few days to get used to two monitors. After that it was great, and it would be hard to go to one monitor. I usually need two screens to compare and edit documents. Three would be interesting, though I doubt my work would buy me another monitor. Instead I will try a standing desk system since that is the new trend, and my company is purchasing them.

Soft_member
Soft_member

can you kill yourself

thanks

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

In operations, it made drag and drop a million times more useful. But back when I was a developer, not so much.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

I have 2, really makes writing papers hell of a lot easier. 3 for everything other than day trading is a meme.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

is 2 monitors a meme?
Naah, having 5 or 6 is probably a meme. 3 is a good number

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

3 or 4 to properly grind the micros.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

got 3. seriously considering 4. i need an absurd amount of horizontal span for some of the data i look at.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

I have 4 at work....probably only need 3, but it allows me to have my email up at all times or a web search.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

EE here.

Dual monitors is love. Dual monitors is life. A big 4k is like having quad monitor for some types of tasks.

MFW I upgraded to two 4k monitors two weeks ago.

I should have done this two years ago. I can actually just zoom out on electrical diagrams and see everything. It's honestly fucking magical having this much real estate to work with. I'm working on a mount to suspend my old 1080p ones above them for some stuff because I can. Even if I only leave some stuff up there and ignore them 90% of the time why not.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit