Is there any money in being an olympic athlete?

Is there any money in being an olympic athlete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uqpCXKfvUEg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

No

Maybe

Endorsements

There can be, but not much.
A lot of the worlds best at the more popular sports such as tennis and golf duck out of the Olympics, especially if it conflicts with other tournaments where they will make a lot more money.

i need a girlfriend like this

They don't all get them though.

I've noticed that.

That's Mckayla Maroney.

then why make this thread if you know all the answers already fuck face?

Crowdsourcing. All of us are either dumber or smarter than any one of us.

let's face, most athletes compete in sports no one gives two shits about. the only reason there is to be an olympic athlete is to participate in the fuckfests hosted at the olympic villages.

>be athlete in sport with no money
>knock up (or get knocked up by) athlete in big money sport
>laugh all the way to the bank

Not to sound desperate, but I'd kill to be with someone this hot.

Are/is money and power all a man needs to get with someone this attractive ?

>Are/is money and power all a man needs to get with someone this attractive ?
I banged chicks this attractive with just a fifth of Bacardi and my rapist wit.

Is that true Lloyd?

someone needs to learn game

No but there's a lot of pussy at the olympic games. It's a massive fuckfest.

professional basketball, formula one and golf.

only get rich sports

$10,000 dollars from the government depending on how you place, plus sponsorships money, which only last for so long. Then your name is some what well known so you have a chance to whore out like mckayla maroney until it finally is over.

i know this cause my best friend got bronze in swimming in 2008 in Beijing and now he works with me at Auto Parts.

two members of my family competed in the olympics. helsinki 1952 and athens 2004. neither of them made any money. one went broke. neither of them regret it though.

my grandad had to take his ration book with him for food, and had to work for his employer during the day even when he was in helsinki. he trained in a public swimming pool and pretty much relied on people giving him food to get enough calories.

my cousin was sponsored by mercedes which paid for a lot of his equipment and costs but he sunk much of his own money into it. mercedes pulled some of their funding and he could no longer afford to continue.

tldr don't do it for the money unless you're gonna be a superstar. my grandad was a bit of a local hero but desu no-one knows who either of them are so don't do it for the fame either.

She got an ass of a champion. Look at her instagram.

In the U.S. 25k per gold, 15 for silver, and 10 for bronze.

She has the everything of a champion.

If you're athletic enough, you can climb Mount Midoriyama for $500k

I think I can offer a bit of a unique perspective on this (which is probably what you're looking for). Where I come from there's a severe lack of Olympic athletes - it's a very wealthy country, but perhaps in an attempt to 'unnerd' ourselves the government offers $1MM ($730K~ USD) to anyone who can bring home a gold medal. Neighboring country is offering a gold bar worth $250K if I'm not wrong.

But obviously this is nothing compared to if you were high-profile athlete endorsed by Nike and Adidas and whatnot, but it's a neat bit of change. It's not gonna make you fabulously rich (think of the dedication you need, and the opportunity costs - a lack of transferable skills being but one of your many worries).

Huh. Okay. That's pretty cool.

Ahh. De-nerdify your country huh? Must be asian.

Hey guys watch this video register on the link and earn free bitcoins every hour, along the way multiply your bitcoins by playing a simple game of HI-LOW, get your own bitcoin wallet and store your money in a safe place tax-free, it's scam free and you just have to invest a li'l bit of time, ENJOY

youtube.com/watch?v=uqpCXKfvUEg

Okay sounds good

well better be if you are ruining your body by age 30 with steroids and hormones and insane training regimen.