How do I make money off my programming skills?

How do I make money off my programming skills?

Serious question. I know there are tons of articles about this, but I would like to tap on the wisdom of Veeky Forums. I'm sure some of you guys have succeeded in making money as a programmer, so any unique insight is appreciated.

what languages do you know

Python, C++, PHP

>he doesn't know node.js

Good luck actually getting a job mate

Data sciences might be interesting...

So e.g. SQL and simple things as Excel because supply/demand. Google: "Data scientist"/"Data analyst"/"Business Analyst"/"Business Intelligence".

If you have the beta in you, you can learn business in no-time.

w o r d p r e s s

im not even joking. make websites for local companies in your area and charge 2,5 to 3k per site. more if they want funcitonality other than some information and a contact form.

Find a job in a regular software company and enjoy a cushy office job with an above average salary. What else do you need?
I work for a bank as an entry level software engineer, make $60k and I'm going to retire early in about 10 years, given that everything stays as it is.

why would you retire? Wouldn't you rather work part time for the bank making stuff for them 3 days a week or maybe do a small amount of freelance+app making or something

Are you retarded? Theres loads of places where a programmer who knows his stuff can make $$$. Fiverr and freelancer come to mind.

This guy is dead on. I road the meme to a six figure salary with only 90s vba, sql and the ability to google.

I've been doing dev work for a long while now, and yes working a regular job is fine. But what to do after that?

Six figures isn't really enough to get where I want to go. But starting a software product company is way too dicey.

Wat do?

>wanting a web dev job when you know cpp and python
ishygddt

>freelancer
That place was shit when it was called Rent-a-Coder and VWorker. Just full of Jews that want a FaceBook clone for $5 and poos that will pretend they can do it.

C, Ruby, Java, Javascript, Swift

move to India

How do you learn/document the business knowledge?

how do you find these clients? what kind of marketing do you do?

Apply to a software dev company, they will pay you to program for them. Hope this was helpful! :))

>sure some of you guys have succeeded in making money as a programmer
the fuck those times are gone like 20 years ago it was possible.
now it's just wage-slaving and scams (cryptos).

Kys faggot. Node is probably the worst language you can 'learn'. Please end your life you fucking pajeet.

Bump

pick me to sex/love test your Real Doll

I'm very lonely but also a huge misogynist and total narcissist. I can defeat her highest difficulty

You don't find your clients, they find you. You gotta sell yourself out there. Make yourself seem like the only guy for the job. The best suitable for their needs.

Get your name out there, post yourself on forums or online ad listing. People who plan on creating a website for their business look for website creators online or from word of mouth. So get your name out there.