/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

clang it edition

previous thread
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise:
Corneroids, Space Engineers, Starmade, From the Depths, Factorio, Robocraft, Machinecraft, Garry's Mod, Homebrew, Besiege, Medieval Engineers, Infinifactory, Scrap Mechanic, GearBlocks, and anything else welcome. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

Space Engineers:
>spaceengineersgame.com
>SpEngies for retards: i.imgur.com/IZekrGe

StarMade:
>star-made.org
[YouTube] Official Starmade Trailer (embed)

From the Depths:
>fromthedepthsgame.com
>/egg/heim idea bin: pastebin.com/Tmk14sf2

Factorio:
>factorio.com/
>guide.factorio.com/index.html
>steamcommunity.com/groups/eggtorio

Robocraft:
>robocraftgame.com

Machinecraft:
>hrpbk2 wix com/machinecraft
>upload/download designs at filescase.com
>TT Mech template: www.mediafire.com/download/0aalnmvvyvm75sq/TT-Mech-Template.rar
>Helpful starter guide: [YouTube] Machinecraft Basic Intro Tutorial [152] (embed)

Garry's mod:
>garrysmod.com

Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>store.steampowered.com/app/325420/
>homebrewgame.com/

Besiege:
>store.steampowered.com/app/346010/
>[YouTube] Besiege Alpha Trailer (embed)

Medieval Engineers:
>medievalengineers.com

Infinifactory:
>zachtronics.com/infinifactory

Scrap Mechanic:
>store.steampowered.com/app/387990/

GearBlocks:
>moddb.com/games/gearblocks

Robot Arena 2:
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4
>gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=5

KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>zachtronics.com/kohctpyktop-engineer-of-the-people/

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/zz2jcmfceu2xp2p/mods.zip?dl=0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672205316
vimeo.com/66837288
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodCRAMArty.blueprint
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672114411
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodACAA2.blueprint
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodMissileLas.blueprint
youtube.com/watch?v=sje0d6t64x4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey everyone, Factorio EU serber still going strong. Dune 2 mode is pretty awesome if you ask me, it's also really hard. Everything hits really hard and we are permanently low on resources.

Factorio, EU, steam version, lots of mods, 24/7

Mod download: dropbox.com/s/zz2jcmfceu2xp2p/mods.zip?dl=0

How to install mods?
Drop contents of folder inside
%appdata%/Factorio/mods/

>June 1st

My firsts ships lost even to the first vanguards, in fact, i learned how to build passable ships by capturing and retrofitting them.
I even lost half a dozen of those retrofitted ships while they were distracting a riverhome so i could capture it.

Some times, i would just crash my ship on shore and build ground turrets so i could damage things. My first atlas capture was achieved when i blowed it's baloons and half it's props using a ground AA (back when nucannons didn't exit)

But that was a couple of years ago.

>What is it like in 2010?
Alright, I managed to get avconv to behave.

Ripped out the particle cannon and made a hollow space to fit some more appropriate weaponry. The targetting laser I stuck in there is clipping the edge because it's slightly rear-of-center.

Gonna round off the lumps from where it was allowing for particle cannon tubes then workshop it.

Is it me, or are shaped charges with multiple HE bodies absolutely fucking powerful? I'm shooting them from a 500mil cannon and it absolutely destroys DWG craft with like 2 or 3 hits. Even the Riverhome with the steel shield in front. Just blows it the fuck up inside.

Scary and neat as fuck, wonderful job

That is cool as fuck. What kind of block did you use for that?

SC rounds are worthless below around 120mm, then become increasingly absurd as you go up. A 500mm SC round is effortlessly capable of drawing a line down the center of a ten thousand block battleship and declaring "All ammo on this line explodes".

That seems to be what's happening on my targets. Either they blow right the fuck up or the AI is dead. With like 2 or 3 hits.

Scary shit. I wonder how one protects against it actually.

Maybe ERA works

Reactive armor, shields and not getting hit.

Air gaps are effective to an extent against smaller SC rounds, ERA can keep you safe for a little while against the larger ones. Always double layer your ERA or the secondary SC will fuck you up.

The only real way to actually be safe is to just not get hit. And since i-fused SCs basically ignore shields, that means speed and erratic movement. AKA back to the ol' meta no fun allowed.

ERA protects you from exactly one SC. Any half-decent gun will be firing much faster than you can repair your ERA.

I didn't even know we have explosive reactive armor in FtD.

>shields

Forget them, they don't do shit.

I think Factorio is missing an opportunity in not having mountains that you can dig your way through. And it would break up the terrain some, make it more exciting.

It's almost entirely wood, with a little metal for the most fragile parts; from what I've seen CotE are pretty DWG-like for building materials.

If you mean the behaviour, it's just ACBs. It's set up to peel open at a greater range than than the LWC is set to open fire at, but I still suspect I'm going to have to do something to stop it blasting its own shell off once it has weaponry.

Thanks for the webm

Nice pic OP

ayy

someone used my image

i am happy

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEdownloading map after desync

>that rocket

>Too much petroleum gas
What a great problem to have

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672205316

I really do like this ship. It's grown and morphed over time, every time I see it something's changed. IIRC it predates nucannons, right? I really should make a ship like this to play around with, but I'm hardly ever in campaign.

>think it, build it, clang it
>not build, fly, dream
vimeo.com/66837288

Rest in peace.

Example CRAM explosive artillery variant:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodCRAMArty.blueprint

Does pic attached to Marauders, so long as it can get the first shot in. There much of a colorscheme established yet? I've given it some faction accents and a red iris for explosives, but otherwise these things are basically unpainted.

Nice, and for the color, there's nothing yet, so you could set the color for the faction if you want

FEED ME HIPPIES

>Not wanting spess jews
Dude, you could eat their noses for eons :^)

Make that into an Atlantis submarine pls, let's create the monsters that won't be implemented until some years

>Make that into an Atlantis submarine pls, let's create the monsters that won't be implemented until some years
Waaaay ahead of you. The plan is to use harpoon missile/torpedo hybrids firing up out of the maw to reel prey in.

Would it be a bit overkill if you put a particle cannon inside the maw set to disperse fire so it looks like a vortex?

Good idea. I'll save that for the structure variant with a four-part lua controlled jaw.

Is it possible to make a hook missile and drag it back so something like that can eat aircraft and small ships??

Extra points if you name it charybdis

Both possible and the plan.

Stop reading my mind.

>colorscheme
I vote space jews colors for sky jews.

>primary: brown
>secondary: black
>detail: gray
>trim: cyan

Like that?

Da, but also colors of MOAs, ospreys and crewmen for appropriate stuff.

/egg/prion when?

When it clangs.

kerbals are officially obsolete now

This is my first time playing Factorio...H-How did I do /egg/?

well meme-d!

I come back from having to work graveyard overtime to this??? I fucking love you /egg/, have my babbies!

You do realize I'm just going to eat any babbies I'm given?

TAKE ME NOW MY SEAHORSE STUD :^)

It's not THAT bad....

That map though, gotta restart that.

Fucking finish that thing already, i want to see it in action.

Setting up furnaces in a way that cancels expansion is asking for problems.
Manual inserting also hurts.

And Jesus Christ, re-roll that map or get Landfill mod

Could I get that lobster ghost sub blueprint someone had last thread. I'm updating the pastebin

the lobster is a turret, not a sub
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=672114411

You mean I can't build a bridge or a boat or something?

Still a WIP, making things actually sink is unreasonably hard after the buoyancy buff. I had to dick with the global settings to get it to actually descend to the seafloor. Easy enough problem to solve, but I forgot to make room for the solution and need to rearrange the innards.

nuh uh, sonny.
get mods or reroll.

No there was an actual like, yoshi's island-esque ghost looking lobster looking submarine last thread. I got your turrets in man.
Aight man. Take your time

You can with mods, but chances are if that's your first time the mats there won't be enough to make it out of the island even if you do get mods right now.

>submerged sub gets damaged
>game decides it's a lost cause because lel you're so deep underwater

Fix when.

>No there was an actual like, yoshi's island-esque ghost looking lobster looking submarine
this one i guess

Water pressure in ftd when? Then the below 80% and sinking can be replaced by the vehicle getting crushed as it sinks.

>about to leave for work last night
>"Oh cool ive got an hour to spare, I'll make a cool tree stump turret"
>Forget to leave the map editor and just start building
>make dope ass turret, time to test it
>can't spawn enemies
>"Oh, well I don't want to be assed to back out into the designer, I'll just slap an enemy simulator on something"
>do so
>"WOULD YOU LIKE TO CONSIDER A BATTLE AGAISNT YOUR BLOCKADED FLEET"
>wut
>Whatever, lets do it
>ok, that took me back to the map editor overview, where's the start battle button
>where is it
>doesn't exist
>didn't save turret yet
>can't save it now, its already out of play
>no way to progress against the blockade, no way to save my design
>lose the turret and an hour of my time
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
Fix that shit.
A FUCKING WARNING TO ALL OF YOU, DONT DO STUPID SHIT LIKE I DID

That. Except theres a more finished version of it later in the thread.

Well i'll definitely keep that in mind, fuck that.

I only posted the one version of that minisub in the thread, were you referring to this one?

>You can't defeat us Shepaaard...

I can't wait to have nested spinners

Also, progress. Harpoons are firing and can hit things.

I really wish there were actually boats or something and water-going aliens

You don't need that conveyor with the gears if you move the factory one to the right

Powering inserters doesn't take a lot of energy but I'm an efficiency freak, I'd rather use a minimal number of inserters and take up a minimal space.

You could also use less inserters by putting coal and ore on either side of the same belt.

play machinecraft or i cut you

Oh my fucking God this fucking thing.

Awesome, I've never actually tried harpoons.

Meanwhile, DELICIOUS EGGS:
Rapid-fire AP anti-air:dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodACAA2.blueprint
Long range laser-guided (but not very powerful) missiles: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47225216/ftd-egg/EggPodMissileLas.blueprint
(Artillery from also has minor updates.)

Will take down Drake Lights solo, and Drakes if they can support each-other. I forgot to get a group shot with the missiles in because I'm a dumbass.

youtube.com/watch?v=sje0d6t64x4
This is going to be amazing. Shame the netcode still fucked

Dude this is straight up some sorta deep one or summat shit

What's the strongest premade vehicle in FtD?

So, is Space Engineers worth playing yet? Is it finally stable and fun enough?

Cheating or without cheating?

Define cheating.

And either.

Rapier I think.
Cool. I really dig these. These could totally be great for the children of the egg or whoever, do you have any preference where they end up?

What's to stop me from filling my ship with so many repair bots that things are put back together almost instantly?

Cheating as in: I have docked vehicles inside with a fuckton of repair tentacles that repair every scratch i suffer, in the event i have some damage, because i have multi-layered shields powered by a engine-injector contraption that guzzles oceans of fuel every second and give as much power as a nuclear reactor

>rerolled

lower your water setting a bit

reroll again
now with MUCH less water

They're aimed at being Children of the Egg turrets, yeah; got the whole hatching theme, and I've kept them pretty low-tech. (They get laser missiles just because so many other missile guidances are terrible, and Lua seems too fancy for them.)

Thinking about painting them green as plant-like pods, which might fit them in with the flower subfaction.

Then yes, include cheating.

Didn't they KEENprove the netcode with the last few patches? Was wondering if they actually fixed anything since i'd like to play with my friends again sometime.

Repair bots are kind of bad and you'll find yourself frustrated by them slowwwly pathing their way to the other end of the ship. If you really want a crazy healing factor, is the answer. But it's also blatantly cheaty given repair tentacles normally can't target their own vehicle.

M8 are you telling me the rapier could beat a Jormungand or Moray?

Fuck. Downloading Factorio during exams week was one of the worst decisions I ever made. RIP studying.

Why the fuck do my ships not repair each other anymore? They didn't have issue before.

>instanced blaneds
>no cargo ships performing accidental planetfall
>can't travel the blaned, scavenging whatever survived crash-landing
>hunger/thirst
>no conveyors
>no automatization
>polar caps still inaccessible
>Unity
But honestly, if it doesn't require some top gaming rig and multiplayer works well for steamfags and pirates, I might join the hype train.

I think the in-game tentacle range might have gone down a bit in a recent update. Get closer?

That'd be neat. We could also make them literal worshipers of a giant egg, possibly atop their great tree. And thus theme their turrets' lookas are based on said God-egg. You could make cool variant egg colors/patterns for each weapon type, but plant pods sounds equally cool!

I figured he meant player faction prefabs out of the build menu.

Resource groups or localized resources. I personally think its neat but a ton of people hate it.

Rate my absolutely unsalvageable factory.
At least your autism might get quenched

wait a second, why are you namefagging

>We could also make them literal worshipers of a giant egg, possibly atop their great tree.
I like this plan. Gives a good place to stick the AI mainframe too.

because he's the one that's coordinating that /egg/heim map

>night

>nobody playing space engineers anymore
kek

>I'm just going to REEEEE about something that's easily understandable if I had just read the thread