/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steamgroup. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steamgroup, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 24th:
1184 BC – Traditional date of the fall of Troy.
1914 – The Franck–Hertz experiment, a pillar of quantum mechanics, is presented to the German Physical Society.
1915 – The arrest of 250 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders in Istanbul marks the beginning of the Armenian Genocide.
1916 – Easter Rising: The Irish Republican Brotherhood led by nationalists Patrick Pearse, James Connolly, and Joseph Plunkett starts a rebellion in Ireland.
1933 – Nazi Germany begins its persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses by shutting down the Watch Tower Society office in Magdeburg.

>News
EU4DD - March 31
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-31st-march-2016.916870/

CK2 DD3 - The Bonsai Tree
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/development-diary-3-the-bonsai-tree.916551/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - 7 Years v0.1
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[CK2] The Winter King v1.3.2
mediafire.com/download/ihvha395z0q87oc/BTWK_1.3.2.zip

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/r1s3v3z0d17ctya/liquornbureaucrats.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=rIY36UbDbQQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Are YOU the fucking janny? There's literally no reason why the other thread should've been deleted over this one.

Fuck off
Jesus one day I want to figure out what the hell is going on with this

>mods deleted both new threads
kek

I claim this thread for /r/paradoxplaza

I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF THIS GENERAL AND ITS STEAMGROUP SHITPOSTERS FUCKING EVERYTHING UP

GODFUCKINGDAMNIT I AM THIS CLOSE TO MIGRATING TO PARADOXPLAZA

AND ALWAYS THE SAME KRAUTCHAN TIER REFUGEE THREAD IMAGE

I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF KRAUTCHAN CROSSPOSTERS WHO WHINE ABOUT NO GF AND POSTS ABOUT MUH OLD GLORY DAYS, FUCK YOUR WILLY AND FASCISM MEME I AM SO FUCKING SICK AND TIRED OF IT

Next hpm when

reminder to suckle on my dank memes

pls no ban

I really hope that you guys realise that countries such as the Ottoman Empire, Russia, Haiti or Paraguay were NOT civilized in 1836.

Nicky

cool meme famitachi

now fuck off

He said he'll release it on ____never----

What country should I play in v2?

kc tier posters are what's killing this general

>the report and ignore autist is the janny
There is no escape lads

zulu

take over transvaal and oranje

>current year
>still no VOTOMS grand strategy game

Is anyone else pissed of with the shills/ledditors or is it just me?

It's just you mate.

Sometimes I fear that raped russia is aware that I have literally no one patroling the boarders, let alone in the whole east, and just attacks when my supplies hitting zero.

[V2] unHistorical MiniMod v1.1
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting

The UK, paint the world red with the blood of inferior peoples.

Where do I go to get away from them? /r/paradoxplaza is pure shill, the forums ban any dissenters, this used to be the safe ground and now the paradrones are taking this place too.

They are aware
I've seen them start the war in the east earlier because of that

How do I win occupation? An ally I didn't even ask to come to war with me is stole an occupation from me even though I had an army first in that province and a bigger army at that.

I wouldn't worry about it tovarish.

why stop there bud?

I saw somewhere on paradox shit that the AI can see everything it just pretends it cant.

Basically any West African state, form the Mali Empire early on, westernize and kill all the whitey devils.

[V2] Liquor and Bureaucrats mod 1.2

mediafire.com/download/r1s3v3z0d17ctya/liquornbureaucrats.rar

Pretty sure that was (Me). I wasn't meming.

at least you stopped pretending to be someone else
that was the most embarrassing attempt at fooling anyone I ever saw

Never forget

?

>liquor is a profitable industry in real life
>liquor is a profitable industry in the game
>bureaucrats increase your effective taxation rate in real life
>bureaucrats increase your effective taxation rate in the game
I really don't get this meme at all. The game emulates life, there is no abstraction there, what are you satirising?

Okay so, what I think is most likely is that report and ignore is just some guy, and he made the last thread and intentionally didn't get first post and then deleted it and made this one to false flag the jannies

youtube.com/watch?v=rIY36UbDbQQ
Never forget

>liquor is by far the most profitable industry and other factories are much less profitable and secure in comparison
Somehow I don't think this is realistic

Good, because this is not how it is in the game either

Reminder that we need to update the OP infograph as it's outdated. Here is an up to date one that we can use from now on.

so bad

1.000 party loyalty means that party will get 1% more of the vote, minus a fraction depending on consciouness (which is usually below ~5 so it will have a large effect through the whole game). A province voting for one party increases that provinces party loyalty, gradually causing a feedback loop. This happens naturally just by having Liberal or Conservative pops and 0 Party Loyalty at game start, but by meming party loyalty so high right at the beginning of the game you are creating a ridiculous scenario where the vast majority of your pops are essentially forced to vote for the same party every time regardless of circumstances.

It doesn't matter if Pop Issues are at Jingoism 100% they will not vote for the Jingoist Reactionary Party but instead the Liberal or Conservative parties that HPM has railroaded them into voting for. The way elections worked in vanilla was perfectly fine and there is no reason to railroad elections so hard in USA, UK, Switzerland and Uruguay just for the sake of "Historical Accuracy." If you have to do it HPM, at least reduce the amount of party loyalty to an amount actually achievable naturally in game, i.e. single digits or decimals, and do the rest with events that slant pop ideology. 50-100 party is just fucking ludicrous.

t. I've never played vic 2 in my life

I think it's that liquor is a need for bureaucrat pops, so you can kinda trick the system and just build cheap easy liquor factories and have a ton of bureaucrats so your economy could be better than a country with proper developed industry

t. Turkposter :^)

I don't get the issue, sure, it's not perfect but it is by far the single greatest economy simulated in a grand strategy game, possibly in any genre. If you don't realise Booze is a profitable industry I don't know what to tell you. There's a reason you need a licence for a distillery, booze is profitable.

Honestly, you anti-vicky kids annoy the fuck out of me. I don't know whether you just hate vicky because you can't play it or because you think EU4 is better but it's gone beyond pity now.

also why the fuck is the south slanted toward the liberal republicans? shouldn't the southern democrats be their main party?

Here's something to consider: how about don't play a meme mod if you don't want to get meme'd on?

>Victoria II is complex and difficult to understand
Where did this meme come from?

Fuck off, where's the actual updated one?
Where's the tip on Charlememe's start date? Where's Cuckave and WhoresLords? Where's every DLC after AoW for EUIV? What's with Peace of God and shit, nobody uses that?

Portugal is fun. Should I also aim for master of India? got 25 cores already there

I think you're confusing a meme with spamming the same irrelevent shit day in day out.

Too difficult for you, clearly, friendo.

britain will have a hard time tomorrow
HOI3 crashed for the 4th time today, peace of shit

see you later

>still keeping the Portugal - Spain border
I like when people do that

>I don't get the issue, sure, it's not perfect but it is by far the single greatest economy simulated in a grand strategy game, possibly in any genre.
*tips unprofitable steel factories*
*tips late game overproduction crisis*

get the podcat .exe

please puppet them :^)

>1032x775

>Too difficult for you, clearly, friendo.
Nice meme answer. Don't forget to make BIG germany and post it here!

My borders are a bit wacky
>one of these is not like the others

Hello rob

It's not just that liquor factories are profitable in the game, the problem is this factory type is practically THE only profitable one until 1880 or so when electric gear and fuel become available. And for these last two goods, getting a steady supply of rubber and oil might be a problem for many countries so it could not be truly considered profitable.

Since most other factories are likely to struggle at some point, people just go with liquor which is always ridiculously profitable and demanded no matter what. The only time you can go wrong with liquor is if you're lacking glass for their input, that's all. Almost any country can go with that.

If there were any actual competent modders around that could truly improve the economy of the game (definitely NOT HPM), the meme could die as people stop building level 99 liquor factories in every state during every game and instead focus on other profitable and historical industries.

You memers are so fucking funny, you lack of knowledge of anythign is hilarious.

Steel was not profitable until the bessemer process, even then it just broke even. Just like it does in the game. You're probably so much of a casual EU4 shit you don't know about techs though and wonder why your factories fail when you have literally no industry technology.

>late game overproduction crisis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression

Do you know a way to launch mods using the podcat exe?

Don't forget
>0 Texans in Lubbock/ElPaso/Laredo at game start
>There is still a Texas shaped conservative bloc

poor memes senpaitachi

Is your monarch "Just" /gsg/?

about what are you talking about lad?

Still, the Portugal - Spain border in Iberia stands unchanged, that's the only thing that matters

>Steel was not profitable until the bessemer process, even then it just broke even. Just like it does in the game.
I guess Carnegie's wealth just popped out of nowhere then

Are there any good vietnam war strategy games? has anyone tried out vietnam 65. pic related

>It's not just that liquor factories are profitable in the game, the problem is this factory type is practically THE only profitable one until 1880 or so when electric gear and fuel become available. And for these last two goods, getting a steady supply of rubber and oil might be a problem for many countries so it could not be truly considered profitable.
You're clearly a casual scrub who can't play the game. Get industry techs and they become profitable, just like real life. There's a reason the industrial revolution wasn't in the 18th century you fucking noob.

>Since most other factories are likely to struggle at some point, people just go with liquor which is always ridiculously profitable and demanded no matter what. The only time you can go wrong with liquor is if you're lacking glass for their input, that's all. Almost any country can go with that.

Yes, that's why glassware and liquor were profitable in real life before the invention of technologies like the besemer process, which made steel making cheap.

>If there were any actual competent modders around that could truly improve the economy of the game (definitely NOT HPM), the meme could die as people stop building level 99 liquor factories in every state during every game and instead focus on other profitable and historical industries.
Aah, okay, you're just Rob. That makes sense. Well guess what, Rob, your fucking horse factory economy was and always will be shit.

had to chop it because uploading problems

Yeah, it's possible to make a small amount of profit on steel, which goes to capitalists. Capitalists like Carnegie.

Honestly, you anti vicky shills are pathetic. if you want to play EU4 with it's perfect economy you can, no one's stopping you.

Yeah I didn't want to touch those. I developed my provinces in Portugal to be about 20-30 development. The rest of the world just funnels wealth into it. Spain is my bro, even though I never went to war with them. Don't need an army in Europe at all with them.

>he actually thinks anything besides electric gear and liquor are worth building
Shoo shoo back to /r/eu4, you're obviously shit at the game.

Nice job, I honestly didn't even notice it.

It popped out of the bodies of murdered strikers.

Is Alternative Flag Pack guy around? I need his help resizing one of his Vicky 2 flags to regular dimensions.

If you describe Carnegie's wealth as a "small amount" you should honestly play in a railway yard

>this factory type is practically THE only profitable one until 1880 or so when electric gear and fuel become available
I don't get this, for me most factories are at least marginally profitable even on game start. You can start industrializing in 1836 and even if you have 0 tech and illiterate pops.

Haha, oh god this is pathetic. Bless your little cotton socks, me lad. You celarly either have no experience with the game or are just a hired shill. Or maybe even both?

Pretty much all factories can be profitable with throughput tech and situated in the correct RGOs, you don't know that though because your ebin blob is too damn classy to have to industrialise.

it ain't me

>Decide to give Distant Worlds a try
>Play it for a while, seems pretty good even though it's not optimized at all
>After a few decades, find out that my first colony's population is arbitrarily maxed out at 17 billion inhabitants despite that I had a 8% growth rate before that

Fucking dropped.

He owned a lot of steel factorie, the profits add up. A single steel factory didn't make billions a day you EU4 pro.

kek

>Pretty much all factories can be profitable with throughput tech and situated in the correct RGOs, you don't know that though because your ebin blob is too damn classy to have to industrialise.
t. 1 pound a day while being subsidized and the workers starving is considered """""profitable""""""

>He has a problem with GrandeDutchland
Redditors should leave.

>arbitrarily
why people talk shit of a game without understanding basic shit?

>implying workers didn't starve in real life
>implying there wasn't a whole fucking ideology based around exactly that
God, I hate anti-vicky shills.

Do you actually think 1 factory in vic 2 is a single factory and not an entire industry in a state? You're more retarded than I thought.

I play it in windowed I'm guessing does too, browse shit on the web in the meantime

>in the green
>not profitable

this

t. garl marx
the industrial revolution is called the largest rise of living standards in the history of mankind for a reason

>in the green
don't you mean in the black?