Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/pYdwfntu

first for sherry

does anyone actually like chariot or void

Is double tapping only worth it in sf games?

burd

>anime is ripping off Rashid's design

lmao her face looks like its straight out of KOF

they are the worst trips

It's not about just combo variety for a visual aspect, it's about having different options for what you want to do. A character's attack strings are basically set in stone because frame data and range/pushback make it so pretty much you can only do that. There is much less room for personalization and spur of the moment plays in close range. If there are no major nerfs or buffs or complete rebalances that change the game, Ryu's blockstrings are gonna be the same 5 years from now, because that's basically the only thing that can work.

People say it's a good habit to get, but I just can't do it.

I only like brick and hbr :3

if only she had her front teeth fixed, and stopped coloring her hair, she would be a 2/10 to a straight 6/10

If SF characters were real Rashid would be pretty cool to hang out with.

nope, filtered them.

Someone post the Void mixup

>it really doesn't have any impact on the actual gameplay.
Bro, you aren't thinking about this in a multi-faceted manner. It's not about there being tons of combos, it's about tons of buttons being a threat so you can't just look out for one thing and guess based off of that. Like let's look at SFV Ryu for instance, as a preface obviously this is going to be simplified to explain the point so please don't focus on the exact details and just try to understand what I'm saying. So Ryu in SFV's main combo tool is st.MP right, it's his big frame advantage and it's pretty much the only thing he can combo off of, so when you want to pressure someone and you're trying to get damage, you typically want to start with st.MP so if it hits you can get solid damage off of it. Well obviously if you keep doing st.MP people are just going to block it because they know what is coming, so you have to mix it up with tick throws or some other mixup. So now the pressure becomes st.MP into either frametrap/confirm or tick throw. But that's it. People will start adapting to block and late tech to try and cover both options so then you get into really weird meta yomi options because that's all you have. But what if you could do more than that? What if you could confirm off of st.MK or cr.HP or cr.MP etc etc etc. Your opponent couldn't just look at one thing and know how to deal with it, they would actually have to play you. It makes it so they have to come up with options to deal with being PRESSURED rather than what you're going to do after st.MP, they're going to have to try to push buttons against you so you can't get in and pressure, they're going to use V-Reversal more so they don't have to guess, they're going to have to look at MULTIPLE pressure strings to see how you like to pressure. Allowing for more freedom in pressure does a lot for the close range game than just combos.

SFV EU someone?
post cfn and I'll inv

What is she doing?

Chariot:
>Strong fundamentals
>Hard worker
>Plays a range of games because he understands that variety is important and key to becoming a good fighting game player
>Funny, whilst also being informative
>Posts only the best, hand-picked images
>Rapidly rising through the EU KoF ranks
>Life of the conversation

Void:
>Crossdressing degenerate
>Only plays dead kusoge
>Puts the milk in first when making a cup of tea

When is Uniel coming out on steam, only weeb game I've been interested in for a while.

Rashid is the chilliest of the newcomers
If the Rashid in Granblue is anything like story mode Rashid he will generally be a cool guy to be around with

Mira trailer is out in 16 minutes

does anyone actually like any of the tripfags?

I'm NA but I can get a good connection to eu. I'll even play rashid so you feel at home

Yeah, that's why I was wondering. If it helps execution I might as well learn.

asking one more time i guess
sf5, US midwest, cfn: instrumental

Ghodere is alright in my book

some are definitely better than others but actual "good" ones are rare

>If the Rashid in Granblue is anything like story mode Rashid he will generally be a cool guy to be around with
What do you mean by Rashid in Granblue? There is actually story shit in Granblue?

I have them filtered, it baffles me why you guys still haven't.

I'm glad you guys are finally starting to realize SFV is shit.

Let's all go back to Alpha 3. It has the best footsies of any SF + The best mechanics

Ghodere is cool.

Good at the game, doesn't frequently shitpost, and doesnt use his trip unless he has to.

Everyone knows the best posters are the anons that have a persona and reputation just from playing and being good at games

>Yes, I am a scrub at SFV because I don't play the game.
But you are an expert at everything wrong with the game?

lol go shill hitboxes and argue that a modern day game looking like a ps2

>it's about tons of buttons being a threat so you can't just look out for
Are you that fucking stupid? You really think every character in SFV has only one viable button?

Next month

InertiaFM
Send invite pls.

Yes, it's that strange? Of course, I don't know if he will be the same when the story mode for him drops though

But how are character specific combos "creativity"? If there is a Guile specific combo for Ryu, you're gonna see that combo every high level match with a Ryu and a Guile. That is the part I don't get, in every game, in a specific situation you are in, there is an optimal combo you should do for what you want (build meter, knock down, damage, etc.) if you do something different you're just doing it wrong, right? As I said, I'm a scrub and I'm legit asking, I could be wrong here.

How come it's so hard to wakeup reversal in xrd? Isn't this game heavy setplay? Why would they do that?

if you manage to have a persona in an anonymous post, you are just a tripfag in denial

But how will you know who's top tier and who's not in melty blood if you filter me?

>na
no thanks

I don't mind them, but maybe my standards of post quality have just fallen over time.

>best footsies
>activate v-ism to be invincible for a few frames to blow up footsies
>proceed to combo

>But you are an expert at everything wrong with the game?
When did I ever say that?

I am an expert on why I don't like the game though.

>You really think every character in SFV has only one viable button?
Never said that either. You're a big fan of strawmans I see.

Sorry I thought it said NA, just glanced over the post.

can you spoonfeed me a video with the story for sf characters?

Nah, v-ism is gay. Everyone should play EX2+ instead.

>and being good

Damn

can i play you for a bit?
cfn sharkboot

How do I respond to a situation where someone jumps over my cr. HP anti-air?
I can usually do nothing and then get grabbed.

Does anyone care? We already saw her being played and we got a character breakdown.

he's saying every button only has one specific function, which is true

Laura needs buffs. I suggest the following as a starting point:

>Allow EX Sunset Wheel to be special canceled into
>Take two frames off of the total duration of Avante
>Move her hurtbox further back on Equiva

The first change wouldn't be super game changing, but it would give her more options/set ups which is always welcome.

The second change would allow her to command dash in and be at 0 after a blocked st.MP or cr.MP, and make her other blocked buttons vaguely safer as well. It'd also allow her to actually be positive on hit with those same buttons after a command dash, making her offense much stronger.

The third change would allow her to actually bait things out a lot more safely, and perhaps even utilize Volty Line much more often as a counter poke as a result.

jump back heavy

What do you mean? If they jump over you were poorly spaced. Either space yourself better, or if you see they are gonna cross you up, dash forward instead to not deal with that.

How is that not a completely visual thing, if the destination is the same, the journey to get there really doesn't matter, except a visual aspect.
This argument makes more sense, but I still don't agree.
What kind of mixups would you get off a cr.HP instead of a st.MP if the frame data allowed it? Again, the answer would be the same, a tick throw, a frametrap or a shimmy, the difference would be purely visual.

i loled

If you mean when someone jumps at an awkward angle where your anti-airs are sort of out of the way, look at what Tokido did against Infil - just dash forward to get out of that whole situation.

Or jump back and hit whatever good normal you have.

No, learn to play your 50/50 character faggot.

take a step back then cr.hp
jump back jab
walk under it
dash under it
slide under it

crossups are actually very annoying in sfv depending on your character

welcome to the world of anti-air normals where you get fucked for mistiming it

>activate [raw] v-ism
I counter active and tear you a new one.

Or I block and alpha counter

Raw active only works when you have your opponent worried about your other tools. It's a basic mixup at that point.

The only character who can get away with raw v-ism is akuma, and yeah he's a kusochara in A3

Just because there are character specific combos, that doesn't mean that normal combos aren't viable as well, it's just that you might want to do that combo because the end result might be different, be it corner carry or something else.
Still, SF isn't the right game where creativity is rewarded, I know for a fact that in GG and BB you have way more room to work with thanks to RCs, which can really be helpful when you are trying to clutch a win.

No it isn't, simply by the amount that are decent anti-airs and can be used for combos alone that is a retard statement

lmao

/fgg/ trips tend to be okay, they don't run around showing their asses like a lot of other boards.

Hey HBR, it seems that damage on normals is a bit low, which is pretty disappointing desu. Normals need good damage to stop people from hopping like crazy.

I like playing grapplers because few things are sweeter than hearing a scrub cry and shit themselves over how "cheap" and "unfun" they are, despite them usually being low tier.

Uh, I wouldn't know where to get them really. Sorry.

Brick is the only one I hate.

+1

>Let's all go back to Alpha 3
I tried alpha3 and it's surprisingly good, I don't get why 3s is more popular on ggpo..

not really, you can combo from/into them because capcom intended it
it's not like sf4 where they clearly pulled frame data out of a hat and rolled with it

Who do you like best out of the SFV newcomers?

Laura is my favorite one to play as

Why even browse at that point?
Fuck off to any other site then retard.

>He thinks Laura is a "50/50 character"

>zangief's airgrab is unsafe
fuck, no wonder I get combo'd right when I land

I like them because I'm not smart and I have the reactions of a dead tree, so being able to do an spd and do 30% damage is nice.

necalli, hands down

Laura or Necalli

Official /fgg/ pairings
Karin x Birdie
Rashid x Cammy
Ingrid x Boxer
Makoto x Dee Jay
Sakura x Sean
Chun Li x Mike
Ibuki x Dudley
Vanessa x Seth
Mai x Banderas
Athena x Heavy D
Kula x Lucky Glauber
Blue Mary x Duck King
Whip x K'
King x Mukai
Hinako x Nelson
Leona x Krizalid
Mature x Zero (Clone)
Vice x Zero (Original)
Moe x Richard
Miu x Silber
Hotaru x Butt
Honoka x Zack

why not just ban v-ism?
also what is the execution level required to perform a 100% combo in v-ism?

RA

SHI

DOOOOOOOOO

Why does IG do that? Do the breakdown AFTER the trailer.

I only hate the new ones, aside from Ghodere.

Brick, Void, Chariot constantly talk out their ass. Most of the old ones are fine though, even though they may have been shit originally, they've been around long enough to know what they are talking about (Unless its Nights)

rashid, laura is second

yeah some are legit

brick, chariot, many of the non-americans (surprisingly) are pretty cool, even broski is alright. lot of the american trips suck really bad except for maybe ghodere and the top players/people who play a lot, but I don't even consider them tripfags like that

Rashid of the turbulent meme

If you want to see names attached to posts, it's you that should fuck off to SRK or Reddit

Design wise clearly Rashid, gameplay wise necalli

>assmad tripfag in disguise
put it back on so I can filter you

they all seem obnoxious to me. except ghodere, who is admittedly pretty chill.

If you want to selectively filter content you belong anywhere but here. Fucking kill yourself.

does anyone else get sleepy watching sf5? i took like 13 breaks watching rbk.

footsies is so fucking boring. it's just exchanging blocked hits until one of them gets a hit, which ends up getting reset to neutral because of quick rise.

there's no tension at all.

But the destination is not the same at all.

In SFV most characters have 1 move they will want to hit when they are close no matter what because it's the only move with + frames/combos on hit/frame trap on block etc. And after that 1 move, on block you are pushed far enough that pretty much you only have a couple canned options that the developers prepared for you, because nothing else reaches or actually frame traps etc.

ryu

Laura by far. She's a ton of fun and really shines at exposing sloppy play on the part of your opponent.