/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #2997

MishEdition

Last Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free!)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (pre-release version): pastebin.com/weL41ehu (embed)
#KSGGames (Risk/Chess IRC Chat): pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq (embed)
Pastebin: pastebin.com/syJHnDCB (embed)
Writebin: pastebin.com/jUpSAYZE (embed)
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi (embed)
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes: mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite: newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881
KS Interactive Shrink: writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1858014-Katawa-Shoujo-shrink

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/NicolArmarfi4
sebastienskaf.bandcamp.com/album/piano-collection-katawa-shoujo
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3yQ2b4XBA
youtube.com/watch?v=uLaOcFy2Ky8
youtube.com/watch?v=UDqUAjVI7I4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

3 to go

WE'RE SO CLOSE

For the super huggable Misha and for Kenjibro for she's a dirty feminist.

nth for lilly

Sleepy cutie.

Love you for doing this.

WE'RE ALMOST THEEEEERE

Am not. I just don't chase girls since I have a gf already

I get the feeling it's the use of shadows.

I'm sure there are things you want to do more that you actually can do.

Nth for a happy Hana

Also, goodnight fags!

nth for HOLY FUCK ITS ALMOST 3000.

ARE WE GOING TO MAKE A PARTY? WE CAN HAVE A TINYCHAT PARTY WITH CHAT, MICROPHONE OR EVEN CAM FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT AND THEN WE CAN EAT CAKE AND DRINK ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES TOGETHER!

We tested it a couple threads ago and it works perfectly fine. The major problem is finding a good time considering timezones and shit.

I'm down for voice chat.

This one... is for the fallen!

Like he said, it was due to the writers. A couple latched on early 2012 and made impactful stuff to people, so she really got the initiative on any fandom. Also note this was before anything Suzu-heavy that might've gone on at KS forums or from the devs, besides some odd art and a Secret Santa story.
The other girls didn't really stand much chance.

I'd be up for a chat, I'm gonna be celebrating that day anyway. Sounds like fun.

>you will never have a blind gf who loves you very much

Fuck it, 36 (48?) hour party

You could be right. I really need to study how hair is drawn in the other sprites to get a better idea of where the original or my edit went wrong.To my eyes it looks very close, but something is still off.

For comparison's sake, here's the original fan edit next to mine.

I don't think eye sockets look like that. Besides this image is adorable. I like Hanako for her personality and not for her looks after all!

Good! I'm glad you're not shallow so many other Hanadrones who get bootyblasted at the thought of their waifu having an extra scar or two.

I really do hope I can make it to 3k.

I'll even go on a hunt for my old Katawa folder if I do.

As opposed to people who add more scars to her pictures because they either hate her, have some sick scar fetish, or both?

Anyone know of other music that sounds similar to KS? im listening to it from the jukebox now but Id like to have other songs that the artists made.

No.

Wow, that's super good

Made the chat, then. If someone wants to know how it works, it's open. The party is probably in 2~3 days, prepare to be shitfaced in the middle of the week, faggots.

tiny
chat
com
/ksg3000

Fucking Veeky Forums not letting me post the site.

Do come!

KS' composer has a ton of other music on his page here: youtube.com/user/NicolArmarfi4

A lot of is quite good, and more than a few of his other tracks sound like they could have fit in KS.

Nice use of tint to match the library BG, there.
The eyes always look kind of off to me, they got a few janky spots. I'm bad with eyes though so I don't know what to suggest. The outline of the hair, is also a bit odd and almost completely absent towards the top.
Having it be high-res kind of seems strange, any particular reason you went for that?

Why not hunt for it anyway?

They're really fucking committed, I'll give 'em that.
I kind of feel the other guy though, looking at a worse Hanako doesn't effect me so much because that's not the reason I like her anyway.

I'm always prepared for that, bro.

I have no illusions about what I am.

just join the discord desu senpai

You can try the other versions the guy made of the KS songs on the piano at sebastienskaf.bandcamp.com/album/piano-collection-katawa-shoujo

Lilly

Lilly!

Discord has it's own community at this point a disgusting community. This tinychat is only for the party, let's not chat there until then, please.

Also, tinychat allows cams if that is necessary. How can it be a party without a toast?

>tfw dry campus

>a disgusting community
You're god damn right.

thanks.

>tfw I don't drink so I get to sit there and listen to you guys make total asses of yourselves.

>I go into library, notice Hanako reading a book
>sit down next to her, ask if she likes it
>"Oh! Ummm.... It's p-pr-pretty good..."
>"Neat. My name is Anonymous. What're your name?"
>"H-H-H-Hanako..." she stutters and blushes.
>"Nice to meet you Hanako," I say, making her blush some more
>we read in silence for a while, eventually I get up and go
>repeat process for a week or two, and have some discussions about books
>her conversation becomes more open, her smiles easier
>one day, I walk with a group of friends down the hallway
>Hanako passes and, blushing, says "H-H-Hi user...."
>stare at her
>"Do I know you?"
>her eyes go wide as saucers as she says "B-B-But... user... we...."
>"Umm.... I think I'd remember a face like yours, whoever you are."
>Hanako's face goes red as tears well in her eyes
>everyone in the hall stifles laughter
>Hanako runs off crying

>Why not hunt for it anyway?
Just want to save the hassle if I don't get to share the stuff.

I'll try to. Much to my displeasure, I go back to work tomorrow.

I'll be there and I don't drink user.
We can be squares together, and form a mighty rectangle of nofunallowed.

go away suriko

>later I go to the library and find her in the library, still sobbing
>sit down next to her like nothing's happened
>she jerks upright when she sees me
>"Hey, Hanako, how are you?"
>"A-A-user.... In the h-h-hall.... You...."
>"Oh yeah, sorry about that. I just wanted to keep our relationship private. I hate it when people gossip, don't you?"
>"B-B-But... Ummm...."
>"Hey, listen, don't take offense Hanako. I was just trying to considerate. I know you hate having lots of people around."
>"Ummm... T-Thanks then... I g-g-g-guess...."
>"Tell you what, Hanako, how about we meet at the Shanghai tomorrow afternoon? We'll tea somewhere nice and private."
>Next dat, go to Shanghai with friends
>loudly chatter in booth
>Hanako walks into the Shanghai, sees everyone, and gasps
>pretend not to notice her
>loudly say, "Wow, they really overcooked the chicken we ordered, didn't they?"
>other play along, saying "Yeah, this thing is so burnt nobody's gonna want it!" "Man, it's so disgusting I can barely look at it!"
>Hanako runs out of the Shanghai screaming, tears running down her face
>next day, find Hanako in the library
>"H-H-How could you user! I thought you were my f-f-f-friend!"
>"But I AM your friend, Hanako? Who else would come and read with you every day? You should be thankful for me, you know, otherwise you'd be all alone. You don't want to be all alone, do you?"
>"I.... I g-g-g-guess not..."
>"I'll tell you what, Hanako. Let's spend more time someplace private. Do you want to come to my room?"

Hey, I said no drinking, not no fun.

I finished my first real playthrough and actually did end up with Hanako without even realizing.

I do get why this VN is great. while the storytellling and art isnt top notch amazingly thoughtthrough i could just feel how much love was put into it and besides the backgrounds the characters are made really beautiful.

>Have fun raping Hanako.
i dont think i'll completely get over that. it feels unsatisfying i'd have hoped for a second maybe more uh.."love"-HScene this will leave me restless.

when she was shutting herself off and i went to her room the first time and she played just chess with me i felt so incredibly relieved because her personality feels just strong to me with all shes been through, partly because i knew someone who didnt take her fate that well but i dont wanna bore you with that.

I just want to.. well, thank you for recommending this to me. Its been great and i look foward to the other routes and works.

i just wanted to share this. KS has really made my day and cheered me up a lot.

Yeah, but lets be honest. When around a bunch of people getting drunk for fun, we get the least fun.
which is fair enough desu

Welcome, all the routes are pretty good, hope you have fun. KS affected a large group of people in a really powerful way.

You must go to very different parties than mine.
We get the power of suggestion.

This one always reminded me of Wiosna in an odd way.
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3yQ2b4XBA
The entire RO soundtrack in general is a great listen. The battlan themes and such will remind you less of KS though.

now that you got the worst and edgiest route out of the way you can appreciate the others more

I'm usually on the receiving end of that power.

Wow, you must really suck at being sober.

Well, I suck at making people do stupid things.
I feel kinda bad about it.

good post

>file name

Figured her to be more of an alch/biochem/geneticist imo.

The discord isn't THAT bad desu. You could always come and give it a try user.

>The discord isn't THAT bad
>desu
Are you even trying?

You don't 'make' them.
You convince them it is better than the alternatives.
Obviously their skills at chess and pool are significantly better when they're shitfaced. So much better that the should bet me $50 that they'll win.

I did, it was kinda crap desu

Glad you enjoyed it, bro. Good that you can see things our way.
Enjoy continuing the journey.

Maybe. Sage's got that wisdom and buffs, so I like that. Knight might be cool too. Rin might be better as the geneticist type, if not Rogue.

I don't think it'll be too bad.

I still have my doubts.

thanks. it feels like i can really get something from it
i rarely do multiple routes in VN's right on top of each other but i might end up bingeplaying KS.

i feel the setup is really nice too unlike other VN's that throw you into an all girls school for whatever reason or put you in an entire school which consists of like 7 other people, obviously all girls.

Im interested in Emi but im scared running of with her might literally kill MC

Yes, join the Discord™, there is nothing evil in there.

The discord is shit.

>You don't 'make' them.
>You convince them it is better than the alternatives.
I don't exploit them then.
I have very few friends, I feel like I owe them a lot of loyalty.

crapawa shitjo is not a game.

Why not just use the threads like we've done for every milestone that's come and gone?

Geez.
You really are nofunallowed.

it's changed a bit since you were there last

I LOVE the Dis©ord™
It truly is the best thing to come out of this place. I can't go a day without it.

In stores now.

Maybe. Always figured it to be Shizzle due to making use of minions and equating her ability to cook with her being good at concocting potions.

Doesn't honestly feel much different from the threads with how they are these days.

Yeah. Guess I won't be much help for you in the tinychat after all.
Sorry.

I'll find a use for you yet, Ebeneezer.

We could. But I want to try something new, 2000 wasn't that cool with the thread wars, maybe drinking and webcams will be cooler.

Is it still stuffed to the brim with underage kiddies and child molesters like JTemby.

don't worry we don't want you fucks in here either

Are you implying there won't be thread wars?

I forgot about that. Maybe I should go back on sometime.

That makes sense, though the general nature-based and otherworldy style of the minions would make a great aesthetic for Rin. I forgot about Taekwon though, if you're counting newer stuff like that then it's perfect for Rin.

Thread wars are still likely, I'm afraid. It'd be good to be distracted from that, though, should it happen.

That's big of you.

Ya

Thanks. It all started when I wanted to include Suzu in one of my videos, but I first needed to find a character theme and a sprite, Picking "Suzu's Theme" out of NicolAmarfi's other songs wasn't too difficult, but the fan sprite that had been floating around on the interwebs had a few issues. I began by upscaling the sprite and making her eyes larger, but pretty soon I became obsessed with making her look as much like Weee and Raide's drawings as possible as well as fit Suriko's description of her height and breast size.

Still haven't finished the video she's supposed to appear in.

Her outline got all janked up when I upscaled her sprite. I've been fixing it in increments, and the newest version restores the majority of the original outline, I think, though it's still got a few rough spots. A real artist could have worked out these kinks in a matter of minutes, but I'm not a real artist.

As for why I went high-res: the original sprites were designed with an 800x600 screen in mind, but since I use them in my KS videos, which are usually 720 or 1080p, I upscale them so they don't appear blurry.

Sometimes that's tricky to pull off without losing too much detail, but BGs it's actually pretty easy since they're more or less already suited for widescreen (1000x600, but you never see the extra 200 pixels of width in-game).

If you're asking why that particular picture was 1920x1080... I dunno. Sometimes I just want to picture how an HD KS could look.

I resemble that remark, Skynet.

And I am not JTemby.

one or two people are underage, that's all really
jtemby only really does stuff occasionally
this is all unless shit happens whilst i'm not there, which is a very real possibility

Taekwon would be perfect for Rin. I can see Emi as one too because of the sprinting skill.

Now I kinda wanna see the rest of the girls as RO characters.

I love all these images.

in soviet russia 3000 reaches ksg

Can someone shop Katawa faces onto this image so we can have a final countdown edition?

videos?

Thanks. I'm glad they're being enjoyed by someone. I'll continue to make more for as long as I can.

Make more Miki/Suzu ones of them being comfy

Then it's still shit.
Also the moderation is highly questionable.

Deal with it nerd.

>Also the moderation is highly questionable.

The ban I got last week begs to differ.

I have been for 10 years, bruv.

>Also the moderation is highly questionable.
They actually made some changes to that the other day.

There are a few classes with movement buffs, I could see Emi as any of 'em. Not really sure on this. Blacksmith could work for her, speed, weapon disabling, and those encouraging buffs that speed up erryone.
>Now I kinda wanna see the rest of the girls as RO characters.
It's something I've requested before, not much luck, as it tends to go.
But just for completeness I'll fill in the other girls
Lilly - Priest
Hanako - People like to associate her with Mage-types but I think she fits Assassin pretty well in this venue.
Misha - Crusader. Knockbacks and never dying and being a general bowling ball.
Kenji - Rogue or Gunslinger.

>the moderation is highly questionable
To be fair that seems very hard to avoid in any public chat for anything. Similar issue forums have always had.

Yeah. Suzu is set to appear in this one when it's released, but good God is it behind schedule: youtube.com/watch?v=uLaOcFy2Ky8

She was also in that silly 420 video I posted a few days back.

youtube.com/watch?v=UDqUAjVI7I4
>tfw adequatley spooked just before going to bed
thanks fucknugget

Rumors are that an active mind leads to more active dreams. Both good and bad.