/lite/ Rogue-lite General

Last thread: >>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>/NTG/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

bindingofisaac.com/post/143043162269/lets-get-to-it
store.steampowered.com/app/299480/
store.steampowered.com/app/458000
youtube.com/watch?v=2JwDH88WZzk&list=PLiEqllSQZtTpKEQykLDM38KiK3G0-m3oQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L09f7OffiGs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AB+ Feature List: bindingofisaac.com/post/143043162269/lets-get-to-it
Rogue Stormers released: store.steampowered.com/app/299480/
March of the Living released: store.steampowered.com/app/458000

>floor two
>pretty meh run, best weapon is the void marshal
>get down to half heart because lead maidens a shit
>go into chest room
>black chest
>OH LORD, SALVATION HATH COMETH
>it's a mimic
>mfw it insta-kills me because half heart
This game is fucking with me.

Door Lord can show up on floor 4, which is nice because he is easier than all the floor 4 bosses.

Haven't fought a Door Lord yet, but Wallmonger and Kill Pillars are pretty much free in my book.

Dunno if he's objectively easier or not, but finding him once every 50 runs makes it near impossible to practice. And yes I still need to unlock boss rush.

>
probably. I've seen items show up more than once in the same run.

Case closed! Blasphemy here I come.

So I just begun to play enter the Gungeon, but I just felt so discouraged because the begging feels grindy, what do I have to do to make some permanent progress? (ie the elevator, more weapons, character upgrades?)

There are a variety of ways to unlock weapons/items. Usually it involves rescuing an NPC that opens shop in the breach. You pay them with the h-credits that bosses drop. Doing certain things can also unlock items (beating the game, flawlessing bosses, giving all the items to elevator man on a floor)

EtG may as well be called "git gud" the game. The best thing you can do is simply learn how to dodge/blank/weave through shots. The game rewards you for playing well, so try to learn the first chamber bosses well enough to beat them without taking any damage. If you are new, I suggest marine or hunter. Pilot is a little more tricky to play

Keys are scarce so don't open brown chests.

Yeah, I already unlocked that store, also any secrets like destructible walls or ways to recover health?

There is more than one store. Blanks destroy walls, the game is pretty new so no one seems to have a surefire way to find the secret rooms. I've found that they often show up in dead end rooms. You can shoot the walls with a gun other than your starter pistol to see if they crack.

As far as HP goes, the game seems to encourage you to play well. If you are clearing many rooms without taking damage it is more likely things will drop. If you beat a boss without taking any damage it will drop a permanent HP upgrade.

Other useful info:

The first floor boss will drop a gun if you haven't picked one up on the floor yet. The first floor shop will have a key if you haven't picked a key up on the floor.

Here are some boss guides in case you are having a tough time with any of the first floor bosses: youtube.com/watch?v=2JwDH88WZzk&list=PLiEqllSQZtTpKEQykLDM38KiK3G0-m3oQ

Oh one other thing, the vast majority of weapons are useful for one thing or another. T-shirt cannon doesn't do a ton of damage but is great for knocking enemies in pits, debuff weapons are great for placing a debuff and swapping to another weapon while the debuff is one them. Weapon switching is an important skill.

>Listen to the Nuclear Throne OST on a whim
>urge to play Chernobyl Dinner Table rises
>Play the game for the first time in weeks
>Have a fucking blast

By Rami Islami's balmy mommy, I never realized how much I missed this game!

>If you are clearing many rooms without taking damage it is more likely things will drop.
>The first floor boss will drop a gun if you haven't picked one up on the floor yet.
Half-right. For weapon switching, that can be done easily with the Ctrl key, though it might be better to map that to something more convenient.

First time seeing this NPC

>first time playing as the bullet
>first floor mimic tooth necklace
>awwyisss.png

FHÖFAASHYN Ä "ONE"

>a similar rule works for later floors
I knew that not picking up keys until the shop worked similarly in latter chambers

>110 hours played
>still haven't reached hard mode

I choke so hard after looping, it's unreal.

Does reloading blasphemy actually do anything?

How many hours did it take you all to get your first dragun kill?

Note to self: never use Valar Morgulis again
>2 ammo drops since 1st floor, otherwise only new guns
>no new guns except 1 on first floor
>2 ammo drops were in a pre-cleared room
>Thanks for the ammo, dope!

About 10, I think?

Is there an item to stop the R.R. from taking things at all? With the ammount of items there are, I would be surprised, t.b.h.

like 70 lol but i'm terrible, i also spent a lot of time trying to unlock the robot and the elevators. something eventually clicked and i've killed the dragun 3 times today.

meant to say "would be surprised if there wasn't"
30 hours in and what's a dragun?

it's a common floor 3 enemy, user

u did it

why u lying nigga

Btw, do I have to edit keys trough .ini files? Because the option menu only lists controller keys.

look harder

>playing Convict
>Get nothing but brown chests on every floor
>Shop always has keys and nothing else
>Kept alive only by the Scrambler I got from Bullet King

scrambler best gun

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

you mean commando

That isn't Megahand.

hey faggots

i made a shitty video with a guideline for how retards who can't into thinking should consider doing things from now on, it's on the topic of gitting gud, but obviously they can't do that, so instead i show non-secret manoeuvres not based on skill

youtube.com/watch?v=L09f7OffiGs

Results of the last strawpoll.

>20 hours in
>doing good, always reach Floor 4's Boss
>75% of the time reach the Forge
>Almost never reach Dragun because I'm fucked on ammo which fucks me on health
>Got to Marine's past once
>Had my asshole prolapsed

help

Megahand 2 gud

I wonder if Megahand taped to Sling would be good

>people unironically voted for Keeper Mega Satan
why

lol overall good tips, but for anyone still trying to git gud. you don't have to conserve ammo that hard. don't be wasteful and use a sniper rifle to 1 shot a bullet kin you could have easily taken out with a starter pistol unless there is good reason. lead maiden? nuke that fucker down.

because either a.) they are real bad b.) they don't know what the other things are or c.) they voted for their favorite game xD

I routinely use something other than my starter weapon for the first floor boss.

>anything other than the eggplant or coda having votes
shitters all of you

Muscle Relaxant with the crossbow is too good, carried me to my first Dragun win with the hunter

>cannonballrog spawns bullet right on top of you
colour me MAD

>still cant properly time those long dodge rolls on the wallmonger
still gotta git gud

i still sometimes get hits by fucking cubulons because i accidentally dodge sideways instead of towards them

i will never git gud

>people keep falling for the "use only the starter gun" meme
>not just setting aside one or two boss-killers and then using the rest of your guns to clear the floor

damnit professor stop having Gundromeda Strain when I have no money, though I did find it in the secret shop for like 60 shells the other day
also duct tape + commando + any high rate of fire/high capacity weapon is stupid silly

he's not

After 11 deaths. Can't be sure how much that is timewise.

>20 views

This is how insignificant of a general we are.

you got gud

the thread currently has 21 unique posters

there's one person who didn't click that link

also that stupid money farm with the enemy that spawns jammed dudes, with there was something remotely similar i can do on the earlier floors, no key drops and spending all my money on the prime primer ends up killing me on the 4th or so chamber

>30 hours and he hasn't beaten Trigger Twins

>Hollow Point teleports inside you

Nothing personnel, kid.

Just got good guns

Now, this run was horseshit. Polaris dropped too late for it to matter.

jeez i play with controller and don't have that issue, trigger twins are almost always free every time

FUCK!

I had my best run yet, fucking EVERYTHING up with the ice bullet bricklayer, but I ddin't know you have to kill the 2 knife guys that dragun sticks into the wall so they fucking spammed me to death while I was trying to dodge all his other bullshit

fuck fucking god dammit shit

oh shit you can kill them, i just dodge rolled until the next attack came up, fuck the second phase though I cant into diagonal dodge rolls

channel inner fish for better rolls, friend.

its real easy with a controller, using an xbox one on steam. i wonder if steam controller good.

that thing still one shots shit one the 4th floor

fire and forget, I love it

Y.V. shrine spam tho with infinite money
POP POP

posted like 3 hours ago in the last thread

yeah I was going to pick one up at gamestop but none had one in stock

what's your favorite boss?

>tfw i dont actually have money, shit tier job + cool leg = no gungeon
atleast i have nuclear throne right : )

Blockner

I want Blockner's big black Cockner

feature request: mimic tooth necklace + 10 curse turns every door into the doorlord

Anyone have a link to the Gungeon comic?

fucking smiley

so is gungeon going to get major updates+more guns/bosses added later on

Your team has finished the main body of work for Enter the Gungeon, but I understand that you are committed to improving the game constantly to make the experience better. What type of add-ons can we expect to see?

>Immediately following the release of Gungeon we will be fully committed to improving the quality of life of our players. This means bug fixes and making sure that the game runs well on as many platforms as possible. Beyond that, we want to get in all of the stuff that we had to cut late in development- this includes some amount from pretty much every aspect of the game: new guns, items, enemies, bosses, areas and characters.

High Priest looks pretty cool.

Fucking only rainbow chest i see in 80 hours spawning on a small walkway surrounded by pits lost 5 items including 3 health ups

Is there any reason to go to the oubliette?

More casings and more items.

The Oubliette has an item that leads to another secret floor.

If you've already gotten that, then the only reason is just that it adds another floor for you to go get loot and money in.

beyond the unlock?
couple more guns/items
more cash
easier boss than the rest of the floor

Oh, I'll take everything then.

if you git gud enough to go through it without a net loss on health it's just more money, more boss drops, and more chests

>spamming Glacier on any boss
>pretending it makes you gud

~30 runs in and I still haven't beat the Dragun. Somehow my life always just evaporates by the time I reach the boss room on the Forge.

I don't even feel like I'm improving (aside from not being so conservative about ammo case which has helped a lot), I just feel like I get luckier sometimes and good guns carry me.

there are a few rooms in the forge that can be pretty tough to deal with, it took me quite a few times going through it before i figured some of the enemies out in there.

Keyboard with extra keys in-between wasd for diagonal movement when?

Seriously though I have some real trouble with diagonal dodging sometimes. If you press one key a millisecond before the other, you end up with a straight roll instead. Mostly noticeable during Dragun's second phase, which should be easy as fuck but still mess up sometimes because there's no room to do a running-roll and make sure I'm moving diagonally before rolling.

I'm tempted to try controller+mouse if possible like I played Super Amazing Wagon Adventure