Remember: practice
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LFqopkUTO0Q

Godot is probably the most truly free, github.com/godotengine/godot
There's also Super Powers github.com/superpowers/superpowers-core
GamePlay3D github.com/gameplay3d/GamePlay
Panda3D github.com/panda3d/panda3d

I can't think of any others right now

would make a catboy game but i don't know how to art

>there are people RIGHT NOW, in this VERY THREAD, that have fake loading screens in their games.

Because all the other ones are dead and it's not the same ;-;
good post

i know, right? fucking disgusting.

How else am I supposed to show lore to my players?

who cares

nice dark souls clone

Maybe they'll come back
I miss CGG
Who do you miss?

>Implying I don't need a 10 sec loading screen to generate my random racing tracks.

>not having a fake loading screen with a loading bar that suddenly turns into an enemy that attacks you

do you even meta commentary on video games?

>loading screens between menu options
>loading screen in the inventory
>loading screen when the player dies
>loading screen when entering new areas
>They're all fake, every last one of them

>Why aren't we celebrating
I am!

wait what

>LOADING neon sign
>taking too long, what the hell did it lock up
>hit some keys
>it's a FPS, at night, standing in front of a sign that says LOADING
>the true game begins

Charlottedev posted charlotte progress 2 threads ago

CGG is apparently still alive.
I always liked Catmouth but wished he didn't force that non-game and just kept modeling cute things.

And there was that one cute pink game I forgot everything about to actually describe it properly

>Enter the gungeon

>tfw the cause of my procrastination at the moment

Asking again, from last thread: I'm googling around, and there are some good solutions to situations where the starting position and the ending position are the same, but my end position, the player, keeps moving. Please help me. End my suffering.

name 5 games that do this

It was never dead I told you guys

I miss frequent Facade updates

Pink game? By sugar?

I'm going to make a game like Psycho where halfway through the main character is brutally killed, and for the rest of the game you play as someone else.

How do I stop people spoiling the twist?

>tfw I want to procrastinate with that game
>tfw I'm a poorfag
m-maybe when it goes on sale.

RIP
Sunnie is so cute

Yeah sugardev.

i say round it and the force the camera to the correct position

You don't. You just keep all press material to the first half of the game and keep in intact that way.

MGS2 and Bloodborne for example. Everyone knows the twists now, but it's the fact that the twist was there, hidden, that still makes it alright.

>itch.io/jam/wi2016
is that link busted?
what's the real link?

i -> j

That's an 'i' not 'j'
itch.io/jam/wj2016

Looks like steamchat subtly trying to get rid of waifu jam

Someone replaced the j by an i
No big deal
itch.io/jam/wj2016

itch.io/jam/wj2016
This epic OP thought it would be epic to change the URL because waifu jam is dumb amirite??

>dog in the OP
Coincidence?

Hey guys. How would a make a rock-paper-scissors type game, except turn based?

I think knot

>waifu jam

literally pokemon

why are aren't you making a cyberpunk game?

when will someone make lewds of pink? This is bullshit.

Ive really been pushing it with being so horribly un-optimized to this point, (no LODS, sparse culling of foliage, millions of faces rendered constantly) but ive been trying to reach that point where I took a hit from something Ive been doing poorly, Im just surprised it came about by a simple moving point light instead of my disregard for standard optimizations.

I have been reworking lots of meshes and settings to optimize performance lately, and its not fun but its been rewarding at least knowing that im making it less shit. I realized ill have to replace the dynamic light with shaders that will be much cheaper, it just seems strange that the performance hit came from something that isnt a complex shader, and that they are overall cheaper than dynamic lighting.

This shit feels like it never ends, there is always a new issue or area to learn upon advancing a bit more. I really hope greenlight goes well, Im always doubting that what ive done is enough and that I need to make it better or that it will never be good enough. I enjoy the shitposting here and banter but the worst critic I have is myself, I feel like no matter what Ill never be happy with what I make.

Soon at this rate
This game is going to be the next undertale, but actually good

pokemon is a bit more complicated than RPS desu.

I suspect the new nin mobapp of doing this.
Every action and event and state change in that fucking game has loading.

I need a good sailormoon doujin now.

Which engine will give me the easiest time making an srpg?

It's been proven that if you don't have many loading screens, your game appears weak. No gamer worth a damn will respect that.

SRPGMaker

None
You can't make an SRPG alone

strip Pokemon down until it's not

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8058/

>It's been proven
still waiting for the citation

Tbh you've mostly shown us graphical improvements and your bugs/tear things, I've still got no idea what the actual gameplay is like. Is it because your're making a walking simulator[\spoiler]

What's the best tutorial for learning how to make textures for 3D models?

is it ok to post links to galleries and blogs?

>loading.gif

why not just learn C++ and get a job in a gaming company?

>get a job in a gaming company

yes

They won't let me make the games I want in a company

only if yo post here regularly

why learn C++ when you can learn C

>working in a game company
You couldn't pay me to do that

they do in japan :^)

You can't learn C++ without learning C so it's implied

You can
Modern c++ is practically a new language

exactly

Because I want to make games, not make somebody else's games.

C is still a part of this language so if you haven't learned C you haven't really learned C++.

>landwhale
no they definitely don't

the fog makes it so much more comfy, noice

Should I post progress on my super-amazing text smut game here, on /hgg/, or /d/?

Ah yes, I love nigrigging basic strings with char arrays and nigrigging fake-classes with struct workarounds.

C sure is fun.

No, im not making a walking simulator. I want there to be mechanics and logic for puzzle solving. Lately it evolved from just the first area being comprised of Speed boosts items and jump boost items, and you using them in conjunction to advance from island to island until you gain the ability to plant them as a reward (which allows you to explore different areas), to now implemented the bug AI and pawn which brought about a new mechanic to tie into the two simple ones.

Ive began to redesign the entire Island area now to implement this bug mechanic with the others to make it more interesting. Prototyping the ideas is the hardest part and making sure im certain they can be used with each other.

I want the progression to be well done. i.e, Learn flowers boost speed, learn they stack, jump flowers boost you upwards, they combine to launch you at high arcs, lure bugs to activate switches/events, events grow more flowers, areas are now revisited with the bug lure item, environment changes with each bug lured to "switch", then you acquire the ability to possess bug, you can now enter small areas that you didnt know were there. Limited time to control the bug (minigame of turning into a bug essentially when you acquire the item). Etc etc. Im good with level design but im getting hung up on the feeling i need more and more elaborate mechanics. I decided I would go Greenlight with the aforementioned mechanics showcased so I can give everyone a feeling of what the puzzle solving will be like but not showing the level design. The entire thing is platforming/puzzle solving and at some point I cant just continue to show the actual design of the levels or im ruining the entire game.

He didn't say you have to use it, just learn it so you know how shit works.

Don't they censor gore in japan? I won't be able to make my games like this.

>Text
Should be fine.

Thanks, that was thanks to a recommendation by an user here. He doesnt like how ive got flat black unlit areas mostly but the fog idea was great either way, it adds the depth recognition that is needed for objects far in the distance.

Someone also made this as a recommendation to how it should look. I dont like ground, but I think the pink lines in the sky might look good.

Kobolds pls
I don't need to write a basic sorting function to know how sorting works.
I don't need to write a basic average finder to know how averages work.

Telling people you should learn c before c++ is misinfo /g/ bullshit.

C++ is its own and much better language.
And the day ISO drop legacy support will be the best day.

add a knee-bending effect upon landing. It'll make the physics appear more realistic.

>why learn english when you can learn latin
>you can't learn english without learning latin
>you can, modern english is practically a new language
>latin is still a part of this language so if you haven't learned latin you haven't really learned english

actually none, texturing is simply drawing skills
what program are you using?

I know there has been a huge push in the AAA industry to release games with next gen graphics but I see that they show off 'in-game' visuals in trailers which ends up having to get significantly downgraded in the final product.

Has anyone here experienced this as indie/amateur devs? Have you ever gotten too excited too show off your game in its current state with amazing visuals but as development continues you realize you need to downgrade many aspects in order to increase performance/optimization? Has your game suffered from downgrade syndrome? When it happened to you, did it give you down syndrome or were you able to keep pushing and deliver the product you envisioned?

having influence in != being a part of

I disagree. You can get the same benefits simply by learning how the various STL features work. There's almost no core language features of C++ that are meaningfully different from C when it comes to performance. There's two exceptions: exceptions (heh), which are zero-cost in the case that an exception isn't thrown, and RTTI, which just shouldn't be used.

Sounds pretty fun actually. If I were you I wouldn't worry about adding more and more mechanics. In puzzle games, quality is ten times more important than quantity. See Portal; one of the best 3d puzzle games, and pretty much only one main mechanic, and very few secondary mechanics. Make sure the interactions between the mechanics you do have are fun and increase difficulty not with more mechanics, but with more complex puzzles, that'll take you a lot further than succumbing to feature creep. Imho, anyway.

>why learn english when you can learn old english
>you can't learn english without learning old english
>you can, modern english is practically a new language
>old english is still a part of this language so if you haven't learned old english you haven't really learned english

most of the indie games i played are fairly lightweight, even 3d ones

>read thread
>I don't remember going to /g/ today
>check what board I'm on
>its /agdg/
>you haven't learned c++ until you have learned to make literally everything yourself in C.
>make sure I'm actually in /agdg/ and this isn't the twilight zone.
>/agdg/ has become the retarded C devs

Truly we're advancing towards the future.

exactly

Thank you, that is brilliant. A bit of recoil/dampening upon jumping and landing would help a lot. The camera is much too stiff as it is.

then why they teach me c++ in highschool?

To make you give up early on

I need some help, if anyone with good GUI knowledge is around.

Im trying to make it so the sprites in a HUD that does not use Canvas, reposition accordingly to different resolutions and aspect ratios (the reason why im not using a canvas is because it breaks pixel perfect and creates mixels.