/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steamgroup. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steamgroup, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, April 25th:
775 – The Battle of Bagrevand puts an end to an Armenian rebellion against the Abbasid Caliphate. Muslim control over Transcaucasia is solidified and its Islamization begins, while several major Armenian nakharar families lose power and their remnants flee to the Byzantine Empire.
1945 – Liberation Day (Italy): The Nazi occupation army surrenders and leaves Northern Italy after a general partisan insurrection by the Italian resistance movement; the puppet fascist regime dissolves and Benito Mussolini is captured after trying to escape.

>News
EU4DD - March 31
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-31st-march-2016.916870/

CK2 DD3 - The Bonsai Tree
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/development-diary-3-the-bonsai-tree.916551/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - 7 Years v0.1
pastebin.com/tsPsr70u

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[CK2] The Winter King v1.3.2
mediafire.com/download/ihvha395z0q87oc/BTWK_1.3.2.zip

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

poal.me/nlotc5
poal.me/i64g4w
youtube.com/watch?v=6xJ9dYvaFX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Nicholas

Heya folks!

Alex Grandi is a faggot

Reposting because new thread:

I have two questions about HOI3:

1: how are fighter aircraft combat air patrol handled? Do the fighters leave the designated airspace empty once they return to base for refueling (and in that case, do I manually set shit up so that the target area is always covered), or the flights are automatically split so that there's at least part of them patrolling them over the designated area?
2: am I missing something or the command structure isn't THAT complex? I'm saying this as someone that never played a single grognard wargame before.

>tfw when _____Stellaris will make _4X great again

This post was brought to you by me

I still want to find a game like this.

When will someone murder Meneth and the rest of the big honchos at Paradox, and firebomb the Reddit server rooms?

do it

You don't get how popular liqueur is/was in europe, if you were european you would understand vic2 mechanics are flawless

*sips schnapps

1 - They leave but they return automatically, no need to reassign

2 - No the command structure ins't complex. It's just a command structre - a tree or more accurately, a chain of command

Dumping epic memes.

WHAT WE STAND FOR:
Germaniums and Co.
Anime
DANK memes
Epic screenshots
Space Grand Strategy
Shitting on ledditors

WHAT WE ARE AGAINST:
eu4
Vicky autism
CK2 without rape mods
steamgroup shitters
le funny alex grandi memes
shitting on the Germanic race

kinda, but if people manage it with actual wargames and rts, paradox should be able to do it with abstracted combat

Non-cuck thread

>Do the fighters leave the designated airspace empty once they return to base for refueling
Yes but they're not gone for that long.
>am I missing something or the command structure isn't THAT complex?
it can be time consuming to set up. I don't know what people mean when they say it's complex.

Wargames are another thing entirely, RTS combat is not usually good either

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for the sheer amount of autism and shitposting I've caused. Victoria 2 is a geniunely good game. Trust me, I've played more than my fair share of it, and it's one of my most treasured pieces of media I've come across. It's just that since the game is so good, and since there's really no alternatives to this masterpiece of a game, I can get quite frustrated at its mechanics that seem silly when I look at it from a different perspective. But then I realize that Vicky is really the only game with these kinds of amazing population and economical mechanics we have, and there's really no point in memeing like a retard about it if you won't change it. From now on, liquorposting will cease (at least from me) and the meme will die.

y'all make me ashamed to have contributed to this community

That's the issue with people taking the bait and not simply ignoring obvious bait

>They leave but they return automatically
That's not what I was asking though, I was wondering if they left the designated airspace uncovered while they are gone. If that's the case I'll have to find a way to make sure that there is at least one unit patrolling the designated airspace at all times.

As for the chain of command, I was expecting something different, I've seen a lot of people here complaining about how they couldn't understand it.

You can't take over Korea in Wargame by rushing a bunch of marines to the capital, but you can take portugal by doing exactly that in HoI3.

fuck off bitch. tripfag cunt. Hope you catch AIDS.

Really wish Slitherine would enter the market once and for all

I find these funnier imagining the faces as just really fucked up drawings of the figure

k off playing hearthstone cya l8r

Yes, that's the what happens. No aircraft flying, space uncovered
That's why you need multiple planes

>I've seen a lot of people here complaining about how they couldn't understand it.
Lots of people have trouble understanding it because they aren't used to it

poal.me/nlotc5

find a flaw

>Wargame
Eugene's Wargame series is a WW2 RTS pretending to be a cold war RTS, and it's meant to be played exclusively in multiplayer.

>steel continues to not be profitable after the invention of bessemer process
WHAT IS THIS REIRODED BULSHITHE AMRITE XDXD

Rule Britannia!
Britannia rule the waves
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.
Rule Britannia!
Britannia rule the waves.
Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.

>Eugene's Wargame series is a WW2 RTS pretending to be a cold war RTS
What does it have to do with not being able to win by spamming the same shit over and over again?

>and it's meant to be played exclusively in multiplayer
MP or SP doesn't change the fact the optimal strategy isn't mass blobbing of one composition
Paradox can't balance for combined arms for shit.

>Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.
too soon

Help me out lads.
poal.me/i64g4w
poal.me/i64g4w
poal.me/i64g4w
poal.me/i64g4w

I agree time to play a real game like Total War.

>not being able to win by spamming the same shit over and over again
That doesn't work in SP because the AI is as braindead more than /gsg/'s average poster and compensates by cheating to an hilarious extent (though at some point I heard from /wgg/ that you could easily break the awful SP campaign with CV helos, simply by letting them hover over water until the timer runs out). Nobody cares about SP in the Wargame series anyway. And in multiplayer cookie cutter shit is the norm.

thank you based tengri

Ever notice how the beer and magistrate fsgs always tend to come in packs, or "groups"?

Ever notice how their offensive style of posting is sort of like a raid?

I wonder what sort of "group" would want to raid this place?

Do Tengrists really combine their religion with others like in EU4? I can't see it working.

>That doesn't work in SP because the AI is as braindead
that's not the point, the point is the OPTIMAL play is stupid shit like rusing a bunch of marines to a strategic point. The quality of your opponent has nothing to do with optimal play.

>And in multiplayer cookie cutter shit is the norm.
"cookie cutter" being combined arm assault, not moving in a bunch of identical units
but keep trying to defend paracuck shit design

The problem is /gsg/ is entering a civil war between the old guard and the kiddos. This has always been inevitable and, sadly, the result is inevitable. Many people have seen it coming before now. There are two groups on /gsg/, everyone is in one of them, to varying degrees. There's the faction that only likes old paradox games before they started jewing and shitting up their games lol penis and there's the new, reddit inspired lads who like the new games, stellaris, HoI4, etcetera. These kids hate old games like vicky2 and HoI3 because they don't understand them so they shit on them. You can see this evident in their tired impotent memes, they rag on Vicky for having no economy outside liquor, despite the fact any factory can be profitable with the right techs and rgos but they're so casual they have only played an hour of Vicky before dismissing it. The newfag faction will always win. HoI4 will be released, the stellaris and everyone will flock to the new games. We are at the eye of the storm, just before the complete victory of the shills/redditors. We must vehemently defend our general to the dying end. We must fight the reddit beer and magistrate memers, we must fight the welp actually just preordered faggots, we must defend our culture for as long as we can. Do not go gently into that good night.

I concur, now it's the moment to enjoy an authentic simulator like Pharaoh.

more like a revolution, ousting the old order that has made vic2 it's sole state religion and government

And rightfully so. All the other games are shit by comparison.

Prove me wrong, beer fags.

>the point is the OPTIMAL play is stupid shit like rusing a bunch of marines to a strategic point
That's one of the most common tactics in multiplayer when capturing towns. Smoke > rush shitty cheap infantry in shitty cheap transports to the edge of the town > napalm the buildings where the opposing team's troops retire to if necessary. It's practically guaranteed to work.

>"cookie cutter" being combined arm assault
Cookie cutter as in most decks being very similar because some units are clearly way better than others.

>defend paracuck shit design
I'm just pouring shit on Eugene's shitty RTS, that's all.

MEIOU update tomorrow to remove transpacific ming doomstacks and restrict alliances among a billion other things

>hate Vicky
>love eu4
>are kid commies
Wew, couldn't get much more reddit.

>Smoke > rush shitty cheap infantry in shitty cheap transports to the edge of the town > napalm
that's already two more steps than a HoI3 assault

>Vicky trying to hang onto HOI3's coattails

cute

So does this always happen

>nobody is allowed to preorder or be excited about upcoming games
Fug u, try an stop me, nerd.

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG 9th MAY COME ON

>eu4 trying to be anything other than a meme risk for Johan to sell to casuals
Sorry Vicky is too complex for you.

No, there's a chance they accept
I think it's higher if they are just austria

The two extra steps are a completely moot point given that it's almost completely foolproof.

t. PR shill

Do you need all of the DLCs for being able to access the mods subforums on the parackucks forum, or having the base game is enough?

base game

I don't think you understand how much I dislike the band-aid approach Para takes to "historical" crap, and how much I still enjoy their games. Stellaris has none of those burdens and can be a proper emergent game. What's to stop it from being modded to hell and back? Or have specific scenarios and user made campaigns? It is true limitless potential.

>The two extra steps are a completely moot point
no it's fucking not
I expect complexity from GS games, and I've always been disappointed by Paradox games. They all shatter so fucking fast.

Why the fuck did you get into Paradox games if you don't like history?

Oh wait, you are entirely neutral on paradox games, you're just shilling stellaris for money.

Thanks friend.

Lads, why do I feel I am the only one resisting the shills/redditors/steam group? Back in the day we all used to fight for all our sakes. Now you are a bunch of apathetic cucks who want to hand our general over to the scum of the earth.

Austria-Hungary basically will never accept
Austrian Empire will usually never accept, I don't know what the actual chances are. You get a ludicrous amount of infamy for this because that's HPMeme
Austria will always accept if it only has cores, and you will gain all its cores even if if it doesn't currently hold them. You still get 10 minus 3 infamy because FUCK YOU t. HPM

>You get a ludicrous amount of infamy for this because that's HPMeme
t. salty rob

>Still no mod on steam workshop to force viceroys into gavelkind as opposed to primo succession
just fuck my ignorant lazy ass up senpai

>. You get a ludicrous amount of infamy for this because that's HPMeme
That's actually from NNM though

I thought viceroyalties always went straight back to the ruler? I thought that was the entire point?

What's with V2 and HOI3 "squeaking" after a song stops playing?

>be El Confederatien Argentiniums
>take cores from Boliva
>need to spend 5 (five) infamy to not have to return one of those 3 provinces you just took
>if you had spent 11 infamy to simply take another state from Bolivia that event will not fire
>5 infamy for one province vs 11 infamy for four
t. HPM
And don't get me started on Limburg

How do I form the Danube Federation in KR? Hungary keeps declaring war whether I choose federalization or centralization.

>waah why cant I blob bloo bloo bloo what is this railroaded bullshit xDxD!!!!!!

Is Spanish Africa the sexiest?

>missing the point of the post
faggot

Bring it up to hpm then, if I remember right he said he wanted to redo that part

update your HPM faggot

>No Iberian Union
2/10

What did he mean by this?

They are in my sphere and they will stay there. I like Portugal, they'll stay somewhat independent.

The viceroyal title does return to the ruler.
The counties do not unless the viceroy's dynasty goes kaput.
The individual counties can on succession fuck the realm up the instant a woman inherits; the odds of a female marrying in such a way that she does not cause internal border gore are very, very low.
Strategoi inherit county titles and pass them on to their firstborn; I am forced to revoke the county manually invoking tyranny if not forced into a civil war, or I plot to revoke it and almost 100% of the time face civil war there too.
I could excommunicate and execute the offending daughters, but that would be far too tedious.
I understand that playing a viceroy is frustrating when one's highest hereditary title is on the county level, but now the Emperor is tedious as fuck to play for the wrong reasons.

The Byzantine realm isn't Byzantine, it is tedious and easy to stomp with anyway in the hands of a human player.

I don't want to check if feudal vassals are upset about viceroys in the realm when the ruler and vassal in question are of the same dynasty

>Not liking Portugal enough to annex them
You're just like that retarded main character in all my mangos that can never get it through his thick skull that his busty childhood friend desperately wants his dick

This is just the sort of autism post I like, lad. Keep it up.

I have to bring up Party Loyalty first. If anyone sees him come by make sure to copypaste this post I made for him to see:

1.000 party loyalty means that party will get 1% more of the vote, minus a fraction depending on consciouness (which is usually below ~5 so it will have a large effect through the whole game). A province voting for one party increases that provinces party loyalty, gradually causing a feedback loop. This happens naturally just by having Liberal or Conservative pops and 0 Party Loyalty at game start, but by meming party loyalty so high right at the beginning of the game you are creating a ridiculous scenario where the vast majority of your pops are essentially forced to vote for the same party every time regardless of circumstances.

It doesn't matter if Pop Issues are at Jingoism 100% they will not vote for the Jingoist Reactionary Party but instead the Liberal or Conservative parties that HPM has railroaded them into voting for. The way elections worked in vanilla was perfectly fine and there is no reason to railroad elections so hard in USA, UK, Switzerland and Uruguay just for the sake of "Historical Accuracy." If you have to do it HPM, at least reduce the amount of party loyalty to an amount actually achievable naturally in game, i.e. single digits or decimals, and do the rest with events that slant pop ideology. 50-100 party is just fucking ludicrous.

s-sorry senpai

handling your vassals is like a big part of the game, forcing salic law only on them would be retarded (and ahistorical)
also what you describe isn't limited to vicerois, it happens with a regular feudal realm too
but it's even easier to manage with vicerois: revoke the viceduchy (tyranny free) until they revolt, then smash them, imprison then and revoke the extra county for free because rebel

t. rob

Lads, pls help. I want to hear the little Aida tune that plays on the event of an axis victory in HoI3 but I can't find it and the full Aida just isn't the same.

THIS. WHY THE FUCK IS THE SOUTH NOT CODED FOR THE SOUTHERN DEMOCRATS AND THE YANKEES FOR WHATEVER PARTIES THEY HAD?

t. alex

youtube.com/watch?v=6xJ9dYvaFX4
is it this?

>That thumbnail
>If only Trump really would make America Great Again™