Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Fishing Rooms are dead Edition.

>Monster Hunter Generations
A Western adaptation of Monster Hunter X has been announced for release this summer.
capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2016/03/03/monster-hunter-generations-coming-to-nintendo-3ds-in-summer-2016

>Monster Hunter Explore
The English version has launched in Canada.
itunes.apple.com/ca/app/monster-hunter-explore/id1080932997?mt=8
youtube.com/watch?v=5YXN5fP55hU

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/en/mh4u
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In 4U, Target: Fishing (it's 4 to the left)
In X, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)

tinyurl.com
/weeaboos

Tags: MHX, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MHFU, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

minyoung.ch/calculatingpalico/
youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5mts7cq7I
youtube.com/watch?v=pl9ApMkmmg4
youtube.com/watch?v=RCLGGOxwNaI
piratepad.net/jnAYAOUsxI
implyingrigged.info/wiki//mhg/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

please respond

>Canada

Is powersaves working for anyone? It's getting stuck in the server process screen.

>not save edit master race

Literally no excuse.

Okay im officially that guy. You know the one: I just started with MH4U and getting rekd at expeditions. Fuck me. How do i do them? Monsters on expeditions seem stronger than on regular missions (doing 3star right now) and since there always two of them they just gangbang me and i can't kill them before they flee. What's the strategy? Just forget about them untill i get higher rank missions and weapons?

Dung bombs can help split up monsters that are gangbanging you. Expeditions aren't very rewarding until you know what you're looking for, so honestly it's okay to not worry too much about them for now. Think of them as a practice mode with that little challenge of the chance to flee at the end.

>Monsters on expeditions seem stronger than on regular missions.
They felt a little bit weaker to me on Expeditions.

>What's the strategy? Just forget about them untill i get higher rank missions and weapons?
I started with MH4U too, and Expeditions were doing a number on me first as well. Up to you whether to do them or skip, but as you're starting out, I'd say you give them a couple shots to see if it helps everything click.

Expeditions are the most efficient way to farm Caravan Points and the only source of Cathangea for the Wycoon, and you'll definitely need the Wycoon to maintain a stock of hunting essentials. When you hit a wall and can't go any further, or run out of CP, give the Expeditions a shot.

Initially, all of the monsters would totally rekt me and I'd barely chip away at any of them. After a few tries though, I finally had one expedition where I managed to kill one monster and severely wound the other four monsters to limping movement. That was the point where the game just clicked for me and everything suddenly made sense, and it was all suddenly exciting. I ended up sinking 1100+ hours into the game.

>Expeditions are the most efficient way to farm Caravan Points
Wrong, Polishing and turning in relics is waaaaayyy better at that.

we talking 3star, bud

Disgusting.

The strategy is to bring your best weapon or at least one whose you're confident in your kills in it and go for the monster that has already spawned when you arrive. You can eat for Felyne Oracle to know exactly where it is. Another trick to keep up with monsters there is to pay attention to when they spawn. If the game kinda freezes (it's very noticeable) that's your cue a monster has spawned.

As for them being stronger, maybe it's Everwood being a sucky map to hunt in, cuz its randomly generated maps range from completely flat to cluttered to narrow to huge, and monsters do have a smidge less Hp on expeditions. So, paintball monsters to keep an eye on them, use dungbombs to drive them away if they gang up on you, and don't be too reckless but do mind your time. Expeditions can be a lot of fun when you get good at them, I love the random factor.

Oh yeah, one last tidbit: if a Dungbomb just doesn't work on a monster, that means it can't go to another area on that (randomly generated) map, cause they each got set areas. That's just bad luck acting up, it can really fuck you up.

What happened to Little Miss Forge's blood parents?

Raped to death by troverians.

Speaking of expeditions.
>fighting pickle
>have to dung cause he's getting too close for comfort
>he keeps moving back and forth between the polar opposite zones
>one of them being the purple cave, which also hosts a white blos
This took litteral hours to kill.

>Nersc SnS
lol carried shitter

A White Monoblos not leaving that fucking cave is bad enough.

But now imagine that while fighting him, a fucking Black Diablos spawns. And also not leaves.

I'd rather have a surprise visit by a Rajang.

And at least you could kill the Monoblos with some Rajang lasers, rather than relying on B.D. charges.

Ahh...throwing shit at my problems untill they run away...i guess i'll give it a try.

Although after encountering stone dragon i feel uneasy to go there since i only have good GS as a weapon and tutorial one was strangely easy...too easy.

Left my game on first capture mission, can't wait to fuck it up!

Does felyne cook attack up stack with my gear attack up?

It's missing Demon Shot.

>+7
That's like 5% at most for even low rank weapons

Is it really that insignificant?

Funny thing is, they carted me three times (I stopped using Max Potions and raw meat to not waste them) while I got as many GS hits as I could before leaving. But the fucking Nigress ended up killing the Whiteblos anyways. And in the Caravaneer's Challenge, the moment my Smoke Bomb run out and the Rajang saw me, he hyper beamed the Zinogre and it died instantly, it scared me so much. Also one time a fucking Purple Gypceros killed a G Savage Jho with its poison rush for me in an expedition.

I love it when shit like that happens.

>can't wait to fuck it up!
No. Do not fuck it up. Wait till the Gendrome or whatever it was is limping away, let it go to sleep to its lair and put him on the trap + tranq it (in that order) while it sleeps. Also make sure it's paintballed. 100% failproof.

More attack is always a good idea.

Max RELIC raw is 340.
Mega Demon Drug is 7.

2% increase.
That's almost a placebo.

I guess having to attack a few times less is worth a little amount of money

2+2+2+2+...
That's how boosting a stat works, excluding modifiers like bow that turn a +10 into a +40.

minyoung.ch/calculatingpalico/
>Almost a placebo
Oh lord.

Have you seen the nip CQ run where you're naked with a low-tier weapon and five minutes to kill eight rajang, and the guy beats it by sprinting around the outside edge of the arena?

>oh lord
The calculator confirms it.

>Free almost AuS with infinite duration that stacks with every single raw boost
>placebo

Where did I call it a placebo?

For high raw weps the difference is only a few percent which is close to being a placebo.

Also please show me where I said it's a placebo.

you said it's almost a placebo when you said it's almost a placebo.

Almost, who cares, it's dumb.
It's good because you stack it with 6+9(+10) before ANY skills.

You are dumb because you accused me of saying something I never said

Rest of your post is irrelevant because I did not deny such a thing

I don't know what you're al saying, but my GS looks like a kitchen knife. Your arguments are invalid.

Tetsu themed cookware set when?

>tfw no monster hunter cooking game

youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5mts7cq7I

Now I have.

Holy Mother of God.

That's some huge damage. I thought monsters gave each other reduced damage, but those fuckers are tripping each other all the time. And they kill each other faster than I can kill a regular Rajang.

Fucking Christ almighty.

>that video's thumbnail
my sides

I'd be making the exact same face if I was the one in a Rajang gangbang!

>page fucking 9

Everyone is on expedition throwing shit at kecha wacha.

what's it gonna take for you to try adrenaline? it's the most sorely neglected skill in the series, and imo the best skill.

aside from the unrivaled damage increase, you need to understand two things:
>healing up to 40% means you only need herbs and small pots
>unlike heroics, with 40% health and the def bonus, you can still survive small to medium strength hits. don't get his twice, and don't get hit by the big stuff

I already use adrenaline.
Other skills are a crutch.

Adrenaline has the best damage and I don't get hit either way.

Everyone is done with 4U and X on top of the latter sucking.

What do you expect? When Generations comes out this place will get even worse despite being saved from death with only kids coming in.
Sometimes you just need to let the general die for a few weeks or months.

Why is X so shit?

I made the Emerald Conga set for early G Rank for that skill. Shit was great with the (HR) Teostra SnS.

This, look at what happened with the 4U demo.

If you don't know a thing about it just play it and judge it by yourself, it's free.
Plenty of people with dubious taste love it anyway.

e conga is so cash. mycology is so good for adrenaline

adrenaline is what I hate about 4u. 140 fights hit so fucking hard you might as well just run heroics

Storm style
youtube.com/watch?v=pl9ApMkmmg4

or Heaven style?
youtube.com/watch?v=RCLGGOxwNaI

>Looks-like-shit style or Looks-like-ass style?

All I heard about it is that it has the same director as Portable 3rd which was pretty shit, that you go back to all the old villages and there are four hunting styles, but I know nothing of them besides that they strip the game of all its "depth" and turns it into some clusterfuck.

>Portable 3rd which was pretty shit
(You)

"x is shit" is a meme spread by retards

Hey there, Im farming Black Diablos in MH4U

Anyone wanna help the room is:

58-5018-8715-4382

For the time being the room is open. I just need anyones help whos willing.

Do you need horns?

Hell yeah. Regular Conga is also a bitchin SnS cleric set. They're both top class early G rank, I still use them for fun from time to time.

Yes.

And since we're in for VGL6, I'm going to take roster suggestions at piratepad.net/jnAYAOUsxI for a while; new poll will be up in... let's say three days.

(for information and current roster: implyingrigged.info/wiki//mhg/)

Did they even ask him if he was alright with his name in there?

well he ain't gonna nominate himself

the fuck you doin lurkin?
why ain't ya huntin?

I'm at work... ;(

Hunting for gay ERP in discord

Because DS3 is the new hotness.

don't worry, you'll be bored and back soon enough

I got burnt out on 4U and now I don't feel like hunting no more, X is kinda fun but not enough.
Also regardless of how much I post here to get someone to do arena with me none of you ever want to.

arenas in 4u or x? what times are you on, user? I can get on and join in three hours

monster health is reduced per additional monster, what is actually happening here is that they all have fuck-all health since there are so many.

that said, monsters CAN wreck eachother, just not quite that hard

>(White) Monoblos materials aren't needed for any good equipment

This upsets me. Imagine if the carried shitters would have had to hunt whitey in the village for their cookie cutter equipment.

I wish.
but white monoblos is my favorite armor set, so I guess I'm glad it's not the community cookie cutter (thought it ought to be if they have any taste)

>farm him for small and big crowns
>over after 2 hunts
Thank god, he's an unfun piece of bullshit.

whatkind of charge blades are worth making?

ALL OF THEM

Which game doesn't really matter, I've S ranked all arena quests in both of them, well, not Nyanta arenas in X but felynes are shit anyway so I don't really care about that holy fuck I wish Capcom would stop forcing them more in almost every game, it's solely for fun and/or helping other people. If you want top the leaderboards I'm probably not the man to help you with that but I guess we could try.

Nice meme.

I want to get into Monster Hunter again with my borther
The last one was Frontier on the PSP so im really not up to date
what is the cheapest 3ds i can play the one which is gonna get released this summer

i've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
but though you're still with me
i've been alone all along

pretty sure any 2ds or 3ds will run it. the n3ds will run it best but it won't be the cheapest

>2ds
Please don't do that.

who

ace cadet

when wll i bcome the honster munter

RIGHT
NOW

man is the true monster

women are disgusting

He's busy.

i am the man

i am the woman