>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>SL Meta Poll Results
strawpoll.me/7403169/r

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ldIxzYQ7nIw
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4gciic/dark_souls_iii_v104_patch_notes_april_25th_2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

REMINDER:

POISE CONFIRMED FOR FUCKING BROKEN, CHANGING A VALUE FROM 0 TO 1 IN THE GAME FILES FIXES IT.

youtube.com/watch?v=ldIxzYQ7nIw

FROM, FIX YOUR SHIT. THIS IS LITERALLY BROKEN BECAUSE YOU TURNED A BOOLEAN FUNCTION TO "FALSE" YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

So that censoring

REMINDER TO STOP USING THESE WORDS

CHUG
SIPPY
PUNISH

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You have 12 levels to invest and your Vigor is 10 and your Endurance is 10. How do you invest your levels?

Does the Cloranthry Ring stack with the Grass Crest Shield? And if it does, do you think it's worth it, or does it barely increase the regeneration if used both, sorry if this has been asked before but i'm really curious.

backstabs should be like this and anyone who misses how they were are faggots
>broken
>not strategically removed because it's the worst feature

Patch notes are out
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4gciic/dark_souls_iii_v104_patch_notes_april_25th_2016/

>Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
lame

FOUR /DSG/ THREADS ON Veeky Forums AT ONCE.
O
U
R

THREADS.

Stop making this shit early, god damn.

thanks reddit spy

Too soon, fuck off.

Can somebody tell me who the hell was operating the ballista? was it the skeletons? or did the giants just kill themselves as soon as they saw me coming?

>invade
>it's just me and the host
>we both bow to each other, I follow him to an area free of npc enemies so we can fight
>we have a great fight
>he starts to run out of estus, getting in the danger zone
>sprints off
>"summoning phantom..."

>invade
>it's a guy who uses the obscuring ring to be invisible in some bumfuck corner so I won't find him for an hour
>not even mad, just gonna look for a while and BC out

>invade
>it's a ganksquad of FOUR (yes, four, even the dark spirit is a friend of them) people sitting on TS, vent or discord to gank people

>invade
>host has entered critical battle after 0.1 seconds

>invade
>connection lost, returning to your world

>don't invade
>be Darkmoon

>less damage than default longsword
>attack speed of an UGS

how do we fix this piece of shit and who the fuck at From decided 3/4 of the boss weapons needed to be irredeemably bad gimmicky shit

So I take it the 3 versions of Wolf Ring do absolutely nothing in the current version of the game ?

Funny thing is, I went to Reddit because someone went "le epic reddit anti-twink twink ganksquads" and I wanted to check if it was true, and that's what I found instead.

>it's the worst feature because it makes dex builds less dominant

Fuck you.

/dsg/ I have no idea what weapons I should be using at all. I started the game with a broadsword and have used nothing since, I made it heavy for a bit more strength scaling and stopped my str at 32. Though the moveset is super versatile it's quite slow and is hitting like a wet fish now that I've just hit Lotheric castle. I've no chunks to upgrade it any further.

I also made a new dex character, I'm trying to not level strength at all so I still have the starting 9 dex the thief class starts with so I can maximise my levels. I want to try out a sharp painting guardian sword for the S scaling. However I've only found the bandit dagger to do any damage at all and whilst it hits quickly and has bleed, it does non-existent poise damage so fights go on for a very long time or I die very quickly.

What kind of weapons should I consider for both of these builds? The knights in the castle are fucking tough as nails and hit like trucks.

Or that's some sort of setting for mob poise and players aren't supposed to be able to shrug off a barrage of attacks connecting directly to the face.

Poise isn't in a good place but that video is retarded.

>strategically removed
>poise is still in the game
>poise still says it'll help you not get staggered
>items stil give poise, we even have a poise ring

If you don't want it and make it not work, don't have it in the game

They do stack

GC Shield isn't worth it

Simple shield or offhand is the best idea

Is it just me or are counter hits kinda fucked
Like there is no consistency when you get the counter damage, seems like sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't

Okay thanks!!

Just use it while the shitters don't know how to counter it.

That spin is really annoying and seems really OP when you first fight against it.

Embarrassing desu.

>players aren't supposed to be able to do that
>could do it in Dark Souls 1
>there are player animations tied to this
>literally the only thing poise does, if this value is turned to 0 poise does nothing

Give me a fucking break.

Show your Ashen's passion for fashion!

It's a bait weapon to lure weeb nerds into buying it when the greatsword you can get from the soul is actually decent

what weapons do you guys dig? i'm a fan of the great club myself

It's sole purpose is dead angling shield turtlers.

We postin' fashion friend?

Im a fan of people trying to use the great club

Should I buy dark souls 3 or rocket league?
>asking the converted

Why are these guys talking about a pyro/quality build? What soul level would this even be close to plausible? If you are pyro/quality post builds. I'm genuinely curious.

Are they fucking serious? Why would they remove it?

Warden Twinblades is my weaponfu so fa.r
Dragonslayer spear looks pretty sweet but i haven't gotten a chance to try it yet.

Also want to give Drang Twinhammers/Flying Knight Twinaxes a try but can't decide if i want to do a spear build first.

what are some good strenght weapons for pve?

What is poise supposed to do then?

What does it do for you in the game right now?

>it was in DS1 so it MUST be good!

The main problem with Poise in DS3 is that the poise frames on great weapon attacks don't start soon enough and retarded weapons like the Dark Sword blow through them way faster than should be possible.

Standing still ignoring hits shouldn't be a thing.

Any weapon is good for PvE. Especially any strength weapon.

>what are some good strenght weapons for pve?
>in Dark Souls 3

user...I...

>Anor Londo
>High Wall Lothric

What are some other good fight club locations?

>Only female enemies in the game
>Sexy half naked ninjas
>or big fat stupid fatties
why is this game so sexist?

some people pretend it helps with getting hit after a roll (or at the end of the animation)

in other words, it does jack and shit. The only reliable way of poise is that bullshit hyper armor.

What is that left hand weapon?

Also, is that sword catalyst any good? I loved the blue flame.

The bent tip really gets my goat though t b h.

I'm best in these threads m8, I'll kick your ass if you want to fight

Post a better ring
oh thats right, you can't
best ring in the game reporting in

stand clear faggots this badass motherfuckin ring walking through

>HAVEL THE MOTHERFUCKING ROCK gets stunlocked by a simple shortsword r1 spam
Yeah, why would he be able to shrug off a barrage of those powerful toothpick attacks connecting directly to the piece of solid rock of his armor.

I was talking about that affront to fashion that you keep posting.

It should be a thing when the armor which allows you to do this pretty much forces you to fatroll.

This is what all you anti-poise people don't get: Poise comes at a cost, which is that you have to wear heavy armor. And if you wear heavy armor, either you invest in vitality or you fatroll.

The issue in Dark Souls 1 was that both wolf ring and havel ring were too strong. Wolf ring have a shit ton of poise while havel ring allowed you to midroll and even fastroll quite easily, never mind how endurance and vitality were only one stat back then.

Sellsword, dancer, dancer, hard leather.

>Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
>Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
>Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria's Fingers less strict.
> Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untamed Graves.
>Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
>Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
>Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
>Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
>Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
>Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
>Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.

>Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.

>(Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can't access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.

>(Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.

>Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.

Exile Greatsword
Yhorm's Great Machete
Fume Ultra Greatsword
Warden Twinblades
Black Knight Greatsword
Black Knight Greataxe
Black Knight Glaive
Gundyr's Halberd
Dragonslayer Swordspear
Drang Hammers
Smough's Great Hammer
Washing Pole
Bonewheel Shield
Greatshield of Glory

> enter nameless king fogwall
> holy shit it's a guy riding a dragon
> dragon's attacks are telegraphed as fuck
> guy's spear attacks can be blocked no problem
> every move leaves a huge opening to counterattack the head 3-4 swings
> dragon is a complete pushover
> second phase is dodge dodge r1 spam, then riposte when he flinches
> afterwards read that he's supposed to be the hardest boss in the game
Shieeet. I had more trouble with lothric than this guy.

I'm talking about it too, it's better than anything your dumbass will ever shit out

So, which value I need to change if I want to have working poise?

It's an AI

What are some good halberds beside Gundyr's and BK Glaive (which you get at the same time basically, gg FROM)
Standard Glaive available early on looks good.

Because fuck strength builds, that's why. It's also why they put casting speed back on dex.

>What is poise supposed to do then?

Poise has been shit in every Souls, but it was least shit in DS2.

What it SHOULD do is facilitate Great Weapon users not being interrupted constantly by the users of faster weapons like katanas.

What it did in Dark Souls 1 was allow Dex faggots to optimize around breakpoints so that they could both wield faster weapons AND ignore stagger except against a couple really predictable weapons.

What it does in DS3 is effectively nothing.

The entire problem is and has always been that FromSoft keeps trying to put Poise on armor instead of making it a property of attacks. Right now I think it's supposedly STILL on armor but only considered during certain attacks, which is STILL retarded.

Think about a 2D fighting game like street fighter. Some attacks are good because they're fast and don't leave you vulnerable. Some attacks are good because they have great hitboxes. Some attacks get an "armor" property to blow through one or two hits and complete the move. This is where dex, reach, and great weapons should be sitting. Instead we have a poise system that has always been tied to armor and it makes the game broken because attack speed/reach and armor aren't related.

Glaive, Lucerne, Winged Knight.

Has anyone here made the jump from +8/+9 to +10 at around lvl 80-90 and can tell about his experience in how invasions go now?

Is it much worse than before?

Hey /dsg/ quick question.
Cleared the game blind once now, now I'm gonna try magic and have a look at a wiki or two.

Does upgrading my stave noticeably up magic damage from my spells?
And what's the best stave for a 40 int build? Not using dark magic which I think needs staves with faith scaling to be most effective, just normal int based casting

I mean, that person had a ton of fucking poise and could only take 2 straightsword swings.

Yhorms greatshield gives fucking 50 poise. Wolf ring+2 gives like 25 or some shit.

You're not shrugging off a barrage. You're shrugging off a hit or two from light weapons, maybe a hit from some bigger weapons. And that's if you spec heavily into it. Something you'd have a lot of trouble doing at the current meta of 80-99.

>It's an user is complaining about an rpg not having fighting game mechanics episode

>Some bloke releases video of himself editing a single boolean in the game files with CE
>it 'fixes' poise to how it should be
>Video is unlisted

THE JEWS AT FROMSOFT AT IT AGAIN HUH

I just want to thank /dsg/ for making me not only get gud, but showing me that just because one path is the easiest/cheesiest, doesn't make it more fun than playing a shitty build that you want to play

>What it did in Dark Souls 1 was allow Dex faggots to optimize around breakpoints so that they could both wield faster weapons AND ignore stagger except against a couple really predictable weapons.

That was only true because wolf ring gave 40 fucking poise, which it never should have. Combine that with how everyone had a shitload of equipload since END provided both stamina and equipload and suddenly you had the issues you saw in Dark Souls 1.

Dark Souls 3 would not have these issues. Wolf Ring is much shittier and the old END is split between END and VIT.

>Can't bring myself to kill Aldrich because of his sexy top half also that fucking arrow rain
This is torture

Should I summon a white, equip Way of Blue and finger myself while exploring the Cathedral, /dsg/?

>exposed shins

0/10 would not walk through poison swamp with

Explain this lorefags: OCELOTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DLC

Gotthard Twinblades and Carthus Curbed Sword are my favorites so far. I want to like the curved greatswords and glaives but it's hard to get used to slower things.

I read that Drang Hammers apparently can knockdown/stun people, is the window big enough to set up for a spellcast?

>We shouldn't look to Fighting games for fighting mechanics.

I don't advocate Dark Souls as Soul Calibre Prepare To Die Edition, but there are certain things that I expect the fighting game genre to have figured out. And one of them is fighting.

Yeah don't give a shit about dying, just use what you have the most fun using.

That's what I do. I killed 7 people with caestus today. It was a good day.

>>Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.

>performance

fucking toasterfags downgrading the game

poise shouldn't make you a rolling boulder
it should however make it worth it wearing heavy armor so you can withstand a smaller hit

If you make poise work in a way that rapiers don't stagger as hard as FUGS or great clubs, then that's enough for me

I want my pickle rum-pumped

>IN THE GAME FILES FIXES IT
Where exactly?
Does anyone know?

1.05 WHEN?

sorry your legs are gross and unattractive, meanwhile, I'll put my qt beautiful characters one's on display

>and corrected various bugs.

Poise fix fucking confirmed?

Upgrading staves helps and I'm pretty sure court sorcerer is the best for 40 int but don't quote me on that

>want to max out a whole lot of weapons so I can switch around and have fun
>can only get a max of 8 slabs in my own game and that includes the one I have to give up my curled sword fragment for

Why?
What would have been the downside to giving some super lategame enemy a 1% drop chance of slabs?

Would people have too much fun then, From?
Right, don't want that.

I finally beat Lord of Cinder. I was stuck on him for days, and getting increasingly frustrated at having to go back through his multi-form first stage to get to the 'real' fight. Neither stage is / was particularly challenging, I think for me it was just knowing there were two stages that mentally made me perform worse. I completely zoned out on my successful attempt and didn't even look at the health bar, I was just focused on dodging and getting a single refined darksword +10 hit in.

It's time to post and rate characters!

If I kill Crystal Sage but leave Abyss Circlejerk alone, I can still invade/be invaded in Road of Sacrifices right?

>tfw it runs like shit on my pc, often straight up freezing for several seconds

I sent a message to the guy, I doubt he'll leak it

Spoken like a true slut, slut.

As if.

>don't kill emma because i thought something more interesting would happen if you kept her alive
>forces a shitty teleport and kills herself

>tfw duped 300 slabs and chunks

The arrow rain is no joke. Remember that
a) the arrow rain has a long windup and you can get a few good hits in before it starts.
b) Run, you fools!

I've been thinking about using either a Raw Carthus Curved Sword with Carthus Flame Arc (fitting, no?) or getting Raw Warden Twinblades. I've been using a Raw Claymore so far but it feels like Hard Mode, especially against real players.

what does this even mean?

>arrow rain
>die to it on phase two on my first attempt
>"huh, so it just rains straight down on you, and you can't hind behind the columns, ok"
>try running away
>all of my stamina is gone
>the arrows are still raining
>the boss is casting soul spears non-stop that hit for 60% of my hp
>the arrows are still raining
Can he just cast it twice in a row? Why is this allowed?

fuck off
your char looks gross btw

Just found out that if Yuria survives the Soul of Cinder fight (you can only summon her if you follow her questline) she leaves her set and weapon at Firelink (where she previously stood). Was previously under the impression that you could only get her shit by killing her, although it's easier that way.

lol no you retard

you're dumb as shit if you think From will even learn of poise not working until a year after

Same thing with blue sentinels and darkmoon covenant. They don't even know how broken they are or that they accidentally made the same covenant twice.

From is shit

fucking no one used wolf ring aside from early game
go check out mugen monkey top builds, min maxing with armor was what everyone did