How do you cope with the fact that everything is manipulated by high frequency trading?

How do you cope with the fact that everything is manipulated by high frequency trading?

Some days I want to shoot myself but then I remember atleast I'm not richkidstv

do trends exist? yes? then you can make money.

I design my trading strategies to lean heavily on the HFT undercurrent.

This is a guerrilla warfare.
You must use the enemy's strengths against him.

Until you can HFT rental houses, imma be ok

Is this how you cope with not being a rich and young prime pussy slayer?

everything is manipulated by the Clintons. If you followed them years ago, you would've seen everything coming. The Iranian deal was so easy, yet everyone was like, "No, that would NEVER happen." IT's like no one yet realizes that when politicians speak, they are doing a magicians trick. You have to watch not what they want you to see, but what they are trying to disguise.

Now we follow Trump and his family. That's where the money is.

Careful there. There are some on here that disagree with even the notion that trends exist.

Saying that trends don't exist is as stupid as saying that you can see a heart attack on an EKG.

I know it sounds stupid but he's not entirely talking out of his ass.

There is a real school of thought that "trends don't exist"

I don't subscribe to it, but I've seen it in kicked around.

>manipulated
oh come on now

>how do you cope
I just remember that it doesn't affect me in the slightest.

eh? HFT is mostly passive/reactive rather than manipulative

of the players that do take liquidity that tends to be sniping orders that aren't pulled quickly enough etc..

don't really see much of it as being able to be described as 'manipulative'

Tight SL kills the trend.

Define "trend"

it's just old fashioned front running, which was around way before the market was computerized. with today's small transaction fees, the small time investor has never had it better. HF traders suck but come on now dont be a poorfag.

READ 'FLASH BOYS' BY MICHAEL LEWIS. CRY. USE LIMIT ORDERS INSTEAD OF MARKET ORDERS. DON'T GET EMOTIONAL.

Can you elaborate on this one please?

Realising that I wasn't lucky to be born that way?

Next question.

If they're big and you're small, then you're mobile and they're slow.
You're hidden and they're exposed.

The presence of an HFT undercurrent is easily detected.
Greed is their weakness, so take advantage of it for quick and easy fills.

If you know what you're doing, those HFT boys make the market for you and push your profitability to the next level.

Get busy.

you sound like a trading walter mitty

Who is that demon demon (the guy)

HFT is just another part of the market you need to work with. Only noobs and people who would fail at trading scream about HFT.

Use limit orders

trends exist because traders believe they exist and bots haven't completely taken over trading yet, read a bit before talkig kiddos