/ksg/ - Katawa Shoujo General

Katawa Shoujo General #2998

If You're Making OC for Thread #3000, You'd Better Hurry Up Edition

Last Thread: Official website: katawa-shoujo.com/ (KS is free!)
About Katawa Shoujo: katawa-shoujo.com/about.php
Summer's Clover (unofficial Miki route by Lilly's writer): ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=9996
KS Alpha (pre-release version): pastebin.com/weL41ehu (embed)
#KSGGames (Risk/Chess IRC Chat): pastebin.com/eaqK2kPq (embed)
Pastebin: pastebin.com/syJHnDCB (embed)
Writebin: pastebin.com/jUpSAYZE (embed)
KSG FAQ: pastebin.com/fFCGBSdi (embed)
Shimmie: shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/
New KSG Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1834162
Flockdraw: skycow.us/whiteboard
3D-Printable Katawa Figurines: ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10195.swf
Desktop Katawas: mediafire.com/?ogvo1fh7d5x36j9
/ksg/ exclusive 3DS themes: mega.nz/#!3hkznbaR!Zu_0gWDvitQspHUaEhtUeLG7iJhK4Q_79MpXaASkrQo
Katawa Shoujo Lite: newgrounds.com/portal/view/608881
KS Interactive Shrink: writing.com/main/interact/item_id/1858014-Katawa-Shoujo-shrink

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for happy families

Why is the kid brown? Did Hisao get cuck'd?

WE'RE SO CLOSE

For my little Misha.

She'll be white in the future. It's already starting to flake off.

Hey everyone.

You might remember me as Curse-user from years back, but I posted here a couple of months ago thanking you guys for motivating me to kickstart myself into making music and art. I've enjoyed relative "success" (whatever that word means) recently; playing a lot of live shows and having my handmade tapes and CDs distributed by cool retailers.

I'm not doing anything for the rest of the evening, so I'm happy to answer any questions you guys might have about work ethic, creative practice, overcoming depression / loneliness / isolation to actually do stuff, and general artsy-fartsy shit.

Nth for a happy Hana!

Just so you know, and you all probably do don't get me wrong, /v/ is probably gonna have a couple thread chastising a general having 3000 threads for a VN about fucking cripples

At this point it's more of a feat than anything

why was it rape?
Who is best girl?

It wasn't, and the best girl is whoever you love the most.

For me it's Rin, closely followed by Miki for the fun-factor and delicious brown

2 to go

What do you think about Hisao raping Hanako

>overcoming depression / loneliness / isolation to actually do stuff
Tell us your secret.

>/v/
Aren't they always busy shilling their flavour of the week game or discussing feminism?

Who cares about them anyway?

>Aren't they always busy shilling their flavour of the week game
To be fair, what else are they supposed to do when there's Veeky Forums and /vr/ around.

>discussing feminism?
Fair enough. They've always got their odd undesirable latch topics.

What do you reckon, guys? Can we break 3K tonight?

It was a tender and pretty touching scene, that was close to real life. Wasn't rape.

Copypasted and edited from an archived post I made a while ago:

Basically, the key is to overcoming depression is to reconcile it. Positive thinking is well and good, even essential, but it won't get you anywhere if you're still actually *fighting* depression. I think that the mistake people make when it comes to mental health is that they convince themselves it can be quelled in the same way a physical illness like a cold or the flu can.
You need to accept how shitty you feel. Accept how fucking awful it is, how much you hate yourself, how void it is. You need to affirm that it's an inescapable part of you, and likely will always be. Instead of trying to battle depression, build on top of it. Eventually it will disappear in this way because it will be eclipsed by everything else.

Loneliness and isolation, from my own experience, are symptomatic of depression and will eventually dissolve alongside it.

Oh SHIT, it's curseanon
What name can I find your stuff under, man?

Not unless every single one of us fervently shitposts
let's not do that

No and let's not do that. Let's enjoy the pink fluff for a while.

>What do you mean by creative practice
>Do you have any tips for "thinking outside the box" regarding music making? I mean do You sit in with Your instrument and try to think of something or do You get the melody/idea/feel/whatever first and then try to make it come to life? What isnpirates You?

we're not so dead that you have to bait so hard with 3 lies in just one line of text

>Implying my project for the 3000th thread isn't long since finished
>implying it won't be a flop anyway

You better not pussy out of posting it, user!

>pussying out

I am too involved in my own sunk-cost fallacy, my african-american fellow.

>Basically, the key is to overcoming depression is to reconcile it. Positive thinking is well and good, even essential, but it won't get you anywhere if you're still actually *fighting* depression. I think that the mistake people make when it comes to mental health is that they convince themselves it can be quelled in the same way a physical illness like a cold or the flu can.
You need to accept how shitty you feel. Accept how fucking awful it is, how much you hate yourself, how void it is. You need to affirm that it's an inescapable part of you, and likely will always be. Instead of trying to battle depression, build on top of it. Eventually it will disappear in this way because it will be eclipsed by everything else.

I've seen this before copypasta'd from a different user on a different board. I'd shake your hand if I could.

As I typed this, a bug took a dive into my coffee. I'm pretty mad.

What's up!

I'm trying my hardest not to establish a link between my work and Veeky Forums, I hope you understand. Although if you're in the UK and frequent Cafe OTO in London or The Cellar in Oxford, there is a high chance that you've seen my shit live - especially if you remember a skinny dude in glasses standing totally still playing guitar loops, and another skinny guy with two drums, a cymbal, a synthesizer and wailing like a girl into a contact mic while flailing around like an idiot. Sadly, I'm the latter.

I guess by creative practice, I mean anything involving trying to translate an idea or feeling into something tangible.

My own process is kind of a mix of both things you described. The vast majority of my recordings and live performances are done through lengthy improvisation, and either editing these recordings using software into something that makes sense, or noting down what I did so I can replicate it later. If there is a certain tone, timbre, texture, rhythm or loop that grabs me, I'll immediately note it down. This is how most people I admire or work with do things, too. So mostly, yeah, I sit with my gear and try to think of something. However, I usually go into this process with a specific idea of what I'm going for (usually just a certain feeling), so it's really a combination of both things you described.

As for inspiration, I'm mostly inspired by reading or visual art. I rarely go into music with purely audio in mind. Most of what I do involves reinterpreting the same feeling I get from certain text or images in my own way.

I think "outside the box" music is pretty similar to that process of working. For truly "outside the box" music, you need to disregard music in the audio sense entirely and try to translate something else. In terms of performing (whether that means playing a guitar or whatever), I'd say you basically just need to improvise and follow what is resonating with you during those jamming sessions.

>I've seen this before copypasta'd from a different user on a different board.
Yeah, I recognise it too. Looks like curseanon gets around.

Just accept that bug is an inescapable part of your life bro

>big moth lands in my beer
>fucking loud helicopter-like motion forever

Yeah, I kind of expected that answer, I'd probably have given the same one myself, heh.
That said, thanks for the locations, I'll check out Cafe OTO next time I'm in London and see if I can spot you!

It was /adv/, right? There's a chance that was me again. Unless someone else copypasted it, that would be nice.

Regardless, I really hope it helps you. Depression, anxiety and mental health is some of the hardest shit anyone can hope to deal with, but with time it ALWAYS gets better. Always. You just need to hang on.

Fuck that bug though. Drink it to boost your immune system and for extra protein. Consume your enemies.

Hana and puppy. Because I love that shit.

it was your birthday. you're more than welcome user~

what katawa are you thinking of right now, KSG?

Stephen Hawking

>If You're Making OC for Thread #3000, You'd Better Hurry Up Edition

Sh-shut the fuck up. I can post whatever I want whenever I want.

Hana and dogs are the two things I love the most!

So you'll be around in time for 3k? Sounds good.

Sleepy bump of foreshadowing

spooby

I love my dog.

And my car

I love my dog

And my sledge

cats>dogs.

Quite the opposite unless we're considering catgirls.

Anyway, nighty nighty /ksg/, stay beautiful. Have a pleasant night and a good day everyone. Have a kitty Mish.

I have both anyway.

Night Night

Dogs>Cats
Though I like both

Catz iz best.

I love my snake

And my train

How regularly do you boop the snoot?

I have a second snek, too. The other one is blind, so booping their snoot could result in a bad time.

Her I give regular boops, though.

AND MY AXE!

Lilly
>two threads to #3000
youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk

>one more thread then we're 3k
I have a horrible sinking feeling.

Flufff! what have i said about rare Lillies after i've gone to bed?

It's gonna be sad when we hit 3000, but that's it.

It'll be the last big thing that ever happens to /ksg/

It's like watching a sunset. You know it's beautiful, but it's the last light of day before the night takes hold. And there's no dawn coming...

If user leaned in to kiss you, would you push him away?

Be honest.

Reminder

no

post 'em?

I can't keep them hidden away! I must share them with my brethren!

>the last big thing
>not beginning the hyping for #4000

Do you seriously think we won't hit 4K?

>>not beginning the hyping for #4000

Fluff, I'm going to be honest, I'm surprised we even hit 2000, let alone 2500.

We're not going to survive to 4000. Or at least I'm not.

Do you seriously think I won't marry user?

I can only hope

It could happen.

Best wishes with that. I think I'm about drained on Lillys, myself, after all this time.

NO
WE'RE NOT DYING
WE'LL NEVER DIE
YOU'RE HERE FOREVER

What will happen in your life is mostly up to you, your wit and guile. If you want it, I dare say you'll manage it.

Let's face it, guys, we'll always come back.

As long as there's one user to shitpost here with, I'll do it.

My Rin collection isn't finished yet, so I'll be here to 4k and beyond

I'm still surprised you faggots are still around.

Akira is still best.

Good morning, doods!

How are we all today?
What exciting things do you all have planned?

Going to bed soon

That's too bad, was your day nice at least?

I read some Caesar and then went to work.

Good morning my friend.

I'm doing okay. Nerfs just hit Hearthstone and expansion hits tomorrow so I'm fairly amped about that. Also amped for 3k of course. Not much actually going on today, though.

What are you doin'?

Sounds interesting except for all the parts that aren't typically interesting.

Nothing at the moment.
Just getting the first coffee out of the way and catching up with goings on while I slept.

You sayin' my day was boring m8?

Nah. I'm just saying that it sounds interesting but to say that work and reading a book sounds interesting sounds like I'm lying.

Being sarcastic with me won't do you any good m80

I wasn't supposed to tell you this, but user told me all about how much he hates you in private! He wouldn't stop ranting about how much he hates you and the Jews.

Whatever, gotta sleep nao

So are we all killing ourselves at 3000?

u fukin wot m8? u fink im tryin to pull ya fukin leg m8? all im tryin to say is it sounds like some boring load of tripe that's actually pretty bloody fascinating.

Now sit the fuck down.

>she never saw it coming

Is that really a possible achievement?

yep

Who here wants some katawa booty?

Just JTemby.

Katawa-butt is always welcome.

Only if you have the Weapon Pre-Igniter.

Yes, of course.

>JTemby
Why do you say that?

I wish.
>Lilly will never rape you

>Why do you say that?
He seems the most adamant we're killing ourselves.

>You will never be a pervy pastry puffer
That's a lie, I was once a pervy pastry puffer.

Boop.

>Did you just fart?
>S-sorry...
>No, no! I like the smell, please continue.
>O-okay, Hisao, I'll do it for you!

>"Do you mind if I taste your fart directly in my mouth?"

O I am laffin

Hello fools! I see you're nearing a community benchmark. Your dedication is admirable!

God damn it.

G'morning, Skeletor.