/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc. And talk about games, I guess

/sthg/ #442 - Comics Forever! Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJD1eTam7RA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Penders

Comics!

fast!

>The slightly changed OP
Oh you

Why do people have to be faggots with the OP?

To take the piss out of faggots from last thread and I love it.

Peppers was great! Bring back the Pepperman!

Kimonos!

Peppers just did an issue though. He did the main story for 280

Yosh

Cute as fuck.
I hope that's not natto that they're eating. That shit's disgusting as all hell.

>Playing the SA2 Chao garden
>Listening to the noises Eggman makes
How would you even describe half of those noises? What was the voice direction for that?

Wait /sthg/
The CD, the one with all the Sonic Adventure Experience songs that Jun did recently that had a couple songs uploaded but were taken down by the uploader. Will we ever get that CD whose name escapes me?

Why is the cyber lynx mad?

draw more kimonos plox

There were like 3 different uploads floating around, I'm sure at least one still stands.

>Will we ever get that CD whose name escapes me?
Never.

Sonic Dash nends to draw more boobs.

>mfw Soahcity still exists
>They still update Sonic music
>They have the CD download

What a time to be alive.

He draws nothing but boobs.

I think it's a shitty thing to do. I'm mostly a gamefag and have to put up with it even though I wasn't even here when you faggots were being triggered by some shitposters that weren't even fucking trying.

I always liked Hesse's animations.

Get some thicker skin then. It'll likely be changed back with the next thread, ya big baby.

>faggots here get trolled by the most retarded troll and are so butthurt they feel the need to change the OP to show him
I think it's not me who should get a ticker skin though.

You sure have one retarded way of thinking if that's how you came to your conclusion.

Oh calm the fuck down.
The last proper Sonic game was like 3 years ago so it's not a major talking point at the moment until they finally announce the anniversary game which will just be fire and ice anyway.

Gentlemen, stop. What would Rouge say if she saw your conversation? You don't want to make her sad, do you?

You're both fags.

What do you think is going to happen to him?

>The last Legacy Sonic game was like 3 years ago so it's not a major talking point at the moment until they finally announce the anniversary game which will just be fire and ice anyway.
FTFY

I think you're the fag__ around here!

Roboticizer. Comic's about to get DARK again.

Gonna get stuck in an Egg Pawn and summarily mindwiped.

Two possibilities:

New version of the roboticizer incoming (last we heard, even among the Egg Armies, was that he may have found a new way to get the process working again even though it's just a rumor at that point)

or

He's paralyzed somehow, possibly a failsafe installed into all the underlings. That or atb forgot to draw restraints there because look how he's posed.

Into the robotocizer he goes
>He's paralyzed somehow
That's some "I have no mouth and I must scream" type shit. How far do you think it goes. Does it paralyze everything except the brain? How dark would you want to go with that?

Get blown up.
Do we know if the Egg bosses have bombs implanted in them in this continuity?

>Comic's about to get DARK again.
groooooooooooooooooooooooan

>Gonna get stuck in an Egg Pawn
That certainly follows Eggman's in-game habit of putting cute animals inside robots, but this somehow seems a lot more horrifying.

>>>/tumblr/

Don't have dissatisfying sex while typing, it is very unbecoming.

We know they don't.

>liking grimderp

Turns him into fuel for the Egg Dragoon.

Probably because the animal involved this time is a bit bigger so he'll have to be ground down to fit in
>Grimderp
Oh look a buzzword. How the hell is turning animals into robots, which has been a thing since the start, suddenly "grimdark"

>being a literal baby
>misusing terms
>>>/gradeschool/

>Eggman patting a mobian (Animal, whatever) minion for sticking up for him
>Eggman posing for a picture with Metal Sonic
>Eggman caring about Metal Sonic like his son

Is the same Eggman as:
>I LIED, CLOVE
>Not taken as a joke by anyone
>about to borg/mindwipe/electrocute/erase a minion just to prove a point

I like it.

>grimderp

>How the hell is turning animals into robots, which has been a thing since the start, suddenly "grimdark"
always was, m8
it was "oh the small animals put inside the robots? NOT DARK AND SERIOUS ENOUGH, NEEDS TO BE MORE PAINFUL, FATE WORSE THAN DEATH, YES I AM SUCH A SERIOUS WRITER DOING SERIOUS blue cartoon hedgehog STORIES ABOUT WAR AND SUFFERING"

>NOT DARK AND SERIOUS ENOUGH, NEEDS TO BE MORE PAINFUL, FATE WORSE THAN DEATH, YES I AM SUCH A SERIOUS WRITER DOING SERIOUS blue cartoon hedgehog STORIES ABOUT WAR AND SUFFERING"
Which isn't happening here.

>always was, m8
Nah.

When will discussion get better?

When people here aren't actual troglodytes, so never

Wednesday.

When you take charge and start a very interesting and superior topic of discussion to lull us away from degeneracy instead of being an onlooker.

July

>Implying we aren't just getting more info about Fire and Ice then and maybe 1 or 2 pieces of merchandise

god that is going to be exactly it isn't it?
>fire and ice
>some tshirts if you're lucky, likely just some posters and shitty lanyards at e3
>a runners update shortly before it gets cancelled for disappointing numbers compared to freemium weeb bait

Yup.

Nah. Stop falling for a retard's memes.

Call it whatever you like but it's true.

>nothing has happened yet
>a retard's retarded meme speculation is true

Why should I listen to you over him?
His "meme" sounds very plausible.

Exactly. Nothing's happened yet. And nothing's going to happen. The only game that's going to come out is Fire and Ice, and the Mario and Sonic game. Feel free to prove me wrong with actual evidence. Prove that Sega's working on something right now. You cannot. It's not so bad though, Fire and Ice looks decent enough

>why should I believe any of the various other possibilities over a single piece of speculation
Because odds are against you to begin with and believing such a thing is set in stone is extremely pessimistic on top of being naive and ignorant for listening to some random schmuck's doomsaying.
And you prove that they aren't working on anything. You cannot.

>And you prove that they aren't working on anything. You cannot.
Please prevent proof that they are working on something. There is none. Look, I admire your blind optimism. I wish I could be so blind to reality to still hope for an actual Legacy Sonic or Pixel Sonic game, much less one that isn't absolute trash, but you've gotta face facts. Boom Sonic, or should I say Modern Sonic is the new face of Sonic. It's not doomsaying if it's right. Even then, it's not like Fire and Ice will be as bad as RoL or 06

Sorry user but your reasoning for why SEGA might have something special to look forward to contains a very high amount of optimism which I am allergic to.

>b-but you show proof
You made the original proof that they aren't working on something so burden of proof is on you. Either show me proof that they aren't or fuck off with your meme shit, faglord.
>rest of the post is just more meme shit
Are you related to Aaron Webber or something?
No, it contains a high amount of logic that you are allergic to. The way this year will play out has not been decided yet. Saying that they definitely will or definitely will not put out a game other than F&I is retarded. There's a chance for either to happen. You're just content to sulk in your own pessimistic attitude. But at least you're not trying to force everyone else to do the same like the other faggotron.

>There's a chance for either to happen

I've chosen my path.

>original proof
*original claim
lel

Alright then, since you know everything jackass. What is the anniversary game? Here's the thing, my idea holds more weight than your baseless speculation of "They have something I swear!" because Fire and Ice actually fucking exists and we have proof it exists.
If they were actually working on something, we would've heard about it by now. We would've had a logo, or a copyright, or a screenshot or even a trailer. Hell maybe even a name. There's none of that, just Aaron and Sega going "W-we have something we swear!" which does not mean they actually have something and if you ever believe anything those 2 say you are a moron
It's almost fucking May and they have nothing. There's going to be nothing

>n-no y-you s-show p-proof bawwwwwwww
Again, burden of proof is on you. So get to it, faggot.

Fire and Ice existing does not make you right. Them having or not having an anniversary game has nothing to do with Fire and Ice, retard.

>It's almost fucking May and they have nothing. There's going to be nothing
So prove it. You made your claim now you have to prove it. But you can't so you're just memeing and fearmongering as you have been for months now.
Them having an actual anniversary game and them not having an actual anniversary game are equally likely scenarios.

Well the fact that there hasn't been a "modern Sonic" game or any news related to him in 3 goddamn years seems to be a pretty big piece of evidence pointing towards there being nothing. The utter lack of anything at the SXSW panel, the numbers being an announcement of an announcement, and the fact that we know just as much now as we did back when 2015 started about a possible anniversary game only cements this. They're trying to string people along as far as they can, and judging by your posts it's working.
>Again, burden of proof is on you. So get to it, faggot.
I did. Refute it. Refute the fact that there's been no news in terms of a possible anniversary game since 2014. And if you seriously think the Classic Sonic and Adventure themed shit isn't just a quick and easy way to grab some free nostalgia bucks from gullible little shits you're an idiot.
>Them having or not having an anniversary game has nothing to do with Fire and Ice, retard.
Actually it does because it determines whether or not Fire and Ice is the anniversary game

I like this, it isn't completely stupid, it's Sonic related and both sides are very passionate with their views.

>it isn't completely stupid
Are we reading the same discussion?

>Well the fact that there hasn't been a "modern Sonic" game or any news related to him in 3 goddamn years seems to be a pretty big piece of evidence pointing towards there being nothing
It's just as big a piece of evidence of there being something. And by that I mean it means nothing.
>I did
No, you pointing out something that doesn't definitively mean shit, retard. It's just speculation. I asked for PROOF.
>Actually it does because it determines whether or not Fire and Ice is the anniversary game
>more meme shit
Instead of memeing harder than Aaron, go do the impossible and find me the proof I requested.
inb4 backpedaling or acting like baseless speculation means your prediction is guaranteed to happen

This. I don't get why the other guy isn't willing to face facts and accept that Fire and Ice is the anniversary game. Honestly getting your hopes up for this franchise is a sucker's game and he's playing it to the end

>No, you pointing out something that doesn't definitively mean shit, retard. It's just speculation. I asked for PROOF.
It's better "proof" than your baseless crying about how there's going to be something
>I-I can't refute it
>Better call him out for muh maymays and then post memes of my own

>It's better "proof" than your baseless crying about how there's going to be something
How so? Because you say so? You still have yet to show me proof.
>implying I didn't shred any semblance of an argument you had
Next time keep quiet if you don't want to get exposed and spanked.

Eh, I think there's going to be an anniversary, mostly because SEGA has not been pushing Fire and Ice the way they would have if it was the anniversary game, nor is slated for the holiday season like Generations and 06 for the 20th and 15th anniversary, but I'm not super invested in it. Whatever happens happens. What you, I, or anyone else thinks doesn't matter.

>doesn't matter

NOW, WHAT HAPPENS

>How so? Because you say so? You still have yet to show me proof.
So you're going to ignore the fact that there's been no news in 3 years? Just keep living in your own little world where there'll be something
See, my argument has more base because there actually hasn't been anything announced in a long fucking time. And nothing being released in 2015 outside of Runners. If Sega actually gave 2 shits about Sonic games they would have made something to tide us over. (Because a 3 year news drought is NOT FUCKING NORMAL) or it just being Fire and Ice because fuck it we ran out of ideas.
>Y-you got rekt
Whatever you say champ. I'm sure your mommy is really proud of you

>Eh, I think there's going to be an anniversary, mostly because SEGA has not been pushing Fire and Ice the way they would have if it was the anniversary game, nor is slated for the holiday season like Generations and 06 for the 20th and 15th anniversary, but I'm not super invested in it.
What's the point of trying to push it or make it a big deal when nobody cares about him anymore outside of memes and nostalgia. It might as be just another game. I could see Sega dropping Sonic pretty soon and focusing on Football Manager or some shit since that makes them more money

>no news for 3 years
Oh no, that means so much for whether there is something or not. And by that I mean it means about as much as the teasing Aaron and others have done with all the Classic and Adventure talk.
>my argument has more base because of some arbitrary shit that I decided matters
That's not how it works. Your argument has no base. No game is as likely as one happening.
>getting this defensive about getting btfo
Sorry no one cares about your doomsaying meme. Maybe they will as more time passes and it becomes less and less likely that something will come out. Until then, stay quiet.

>And by that I mean it means about as much as the teasing Aaron and others have done with all the Classic and Adventure talk
You mean shitty memes and stringing us along because the only thing people care about is nostalgia. That's the only thing this franchise as been good for since Generations.
>B-btfo
Whatever you say bud. We're done here

To the guy in the previous thread who said they wanted to start a slice-of-life comic, go for it. I wanna read it. Spoilered for OC discussion.

I'm amazed that Rise of Lyric managed to be worse than 06. That's a goddamn accomplishment. I mean, how do you go from a game like Generations to something like Lost World and then to fucking THIS
youtube.com/watch?v=cJD1eTam7RA

Why is human on mobian so perfect?

But that's the thing. If they were pushing the anniversary under the rug like Nintendo did with Metroid, I'd agree with you that Sonic's on the way out, and Fire and Ice is that last bit of Sonic before he's sent to the home for unused IPs. However, we've had one concert with another coming up, and the big party in July, all celebrating the anniversary. Why would they push that hard on the promotional side without a game (The part that makes the money) waiting in the wings? I doesn't make any sense for them to have all these events with no product to back it up. That's why I don't think F&I is the anniversary game, it's just not tied to the promotion push the way it would be if it was the game.

>. Why would they push that hard on the promotional side without a game (The part that makes the money) waiting in the wings?
Because all of that is probably cheaper than actually making a game, and it'll make more money since people like nostalgia? Also you're trying to think using logic, and Sega doesn't into logic very well

>this whole topic
>the pessimism from that one user

You know they (Aaron and SoA) are watching these and laughing. They're definitely up to something big, and is not related to that Big semi-official game.