Recruiters had it coming

Listen up goys. I've been struggling with finding a descent job because I have been falling for the recruiter meme. They only try to place me for shitty really below my level positions...
So I made a website, free, where you can review them.. and also find a job.
rekuta.com (USA & Canada only, sorry)

Other urls found in this thread:

rekuta.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice site but it needs a little work. The main page is bare and the writing is sloppy ad has some typos

Thanks for the feedback, user. It's beta so it needs improvements...

Also feel free to propose better wording for the main page...

You might want to add a landing page for people outside US to sign up for a newsletter to gauge interest.

Nice.

Build it. Grow it.

good idea, thank you

Thank user, spread that shit around if you can

would give you tips but am europoor, can't see shit

why not just let everyone else see the same functionality like USA & Canada?

Because translations...
And also the system has only gathered recruiting agencies in North America (because again, translations etc).

what translations? I mean, I'm just getting the "unavailable in your country" so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I mean, everyone can understand English and it's just reviews, aren't there?

it's a bit more than that
>find a job near you
>click a job, see the transit info from your place to the job place (depending on if you drive or take the bus)
>save the job
>find recruiting agencies near you
>review them

There's more shit in the pipeline but that's what's up for now

Here's a screenshot

About translations, well not everybody speaks English in Europe and the system hasn't gather yuro recruiting agencies for technical reasons...
I'll be adding other countries soon if this takes off

Well done OP. Good for you and thank you for not being another NEET

I might become one soon but I'm fighting till the last second... thanks though

dude if this really you nice job
you REALLY might be on to something
(something that you can grow and sell for a big buck)

Yup, all me... While looking for a job..
Thanks user, share that shit if you can

Hey man is there anyway I can become involved in this? I'm very interested. I have some experience and good connections. I'll send you my email id you're interested

I'm a very technical person and I'm a shitty business man/salesman hence me being in this situation. I've been looking for business partners for MONTHS without any luck... I've even sent my shit to multiple VCs or incubators and didn't even get a reply. So yeah I mean if you are well rounded on the business side, that could be interesting...

you haven't made a full enough product yet that VCs even wanna listen to you. Get the site fully done, if you are selling anything, data, ad space, user membership, start with this for a month to a couple of months. If things look good, there is steady and stable growth, no random bad things happening like a server doing down, then go back and approach the money.

they like seeing things that already make money.

lol op i've already stole this idea.. ur fucked.

>rekuta.com
also you need to fix your front page or "landing page"
maybe have it where no matter what monitor youre using, which is something you should've already covered, the candidate button is at the bottom without the text underneath showing. maybe be able to press on the button (making it an actual button) to bring the page down.

that's what I don't get AT ALL with the business world. Please explain that to me:
>Investors want to see a full working product before investing
>But I don't need investments once the product is fully working and everything is ready to go

you're also going to need to protect the name cause that's a pretty gud name

You have a very keen eye my friend. It was clickable and was showing more stuff when there was more than one type of user clickable as well. I don't want to expose this for now but how that I understand what you're saying and will keep it in mid :)

Yup but that I can't do without investments..

>poojet gets rejected because he refuses to use the loo and won't stop harassing women
>creates poorly made sour grapes review site

because time is money
if you have to spend time developing an unproven product while they can just fund some guy who actually does a product finished and ready to go, they are going to choose the latter.

you need to watch a couple episodes of shark tanks and watch some videos of the sharks themselves. watch how they hate it when people come up to them with an unpatented product, or they are still working on RandD, or some other thing.

you got the site, shouldn't cost more than getting the site up iirc
could be getting mixed up with something else but i doubt a trademark is that expensive maybe like 100

It's $250 CAD here I believe for the filling and $200 for the registration, so $450 CAD

lmao OP I just registered an LLC in Delaware with your website's name

Prepare to get sued

Send me an email. I think I could help [email protected]

mailed with my shitty yahoo account :)

don't worry about translations for the moment m8, the ones who'll be looking for a job and can't speak english shouldn't even bother looking for a job. These days everyone is bilingual

As for country restrictions, I don't think that's necessary. You're limiting yourself to USA and Canada even though you'd probably get even more support for additional coverage from abroad. Site looks fancy from screenshot too.

Thanks breh
I hear you.. but had to start with USA & Canada to see if my current platform can handle it. Otherwise I'd have to scale with more hardware. Not something you want to do while broke and looking for a job..

Makes sense yeah. Anyway, if you ask me, you're onto something desu. Some of the guys might be trolling, but it might not be a bad idea to register your company name or something. Not sure what costs are involved though.

Godspeed user. I might find myself looking for a job through your site once I finish my undergrad and later my grad lol.

Thank user, god bless

Developing the product is just the starting point, but perhaps the more important. Once you have a working product, you need a ton of other stuff, like advertising, or some kind of patent to stop piggy riders from stealing your idea. All that cost money and time. Investors won't throw money at developing something that may not even work designed by a literal who?, they either pay money to someone to work developing it for them, so they can control him, even let someone else finish the job if the original developer is a retard while retaining the patent, or just pick something working and launch into the moon.

I see... so bottom line, even if you can do a lot, even if you have a product, if you don't have money, you can't make money, right?

That's why salesman exists. If you can create a great working product, but nobody knows it exists, you won't get a living off it. And the opposite is true, stuff like diamonds and many cryptocoins exists because some silver tongue guy convinced retards those are good stuff to own.

Which remind me: I work at HR (let's take a pause while Veeky Forums post their memes... done?... ok, let's go), and I think you have a solid idea. The big question is, how are you planning to monetize it? At one hand, your intended user would be people without employment, so "premium" services are out of question, and also regular visitors as well, because once they get a job (which should be asap), who fucking cares about recruiters? At the other hand, recruiter companies, like where I work, would only buy advertising space if they have a good reputation on your site, otherwise, why to bother? You don't see cigarretes companies advertising on fitness websites, do you? And this may compromise your trustability, so they are also out of question.

The only place I can see would be some sort of connection with educative sites. "Improve your chances to be hired, learn a new programming language!", or "This course will help you to have a good image", and ads like that. Maybe consider adding a space for random articles about personal finances and tips to get a job. This may help you to generate clicks and visitors rather than depending only on sour reviews, and this would also help to sell advertising space, which would be your hook to attract sites like coursera and local universities and stuff.

Well the concept is A LOT bigger than what is live right now.
For now, I put up online what I believe in a minimum viable product.
The monetization part comes on later on with stuff I cannot reveal right now, but all I can say is that job seekers will never have to pay, and it won't be about ads.
But about the salesman, at this point, it's more about SEO/online marketing than selling this to anyone but investors. Do you mean finding a salesman that takes care of the funding? Know any people like that that want to get onboard and only get money if it works down the line? I don't....

>been falling for the recruiter meme.

Yeah this is probably what I can relate to. I have been with a place that helps finding jobs and they have only ever found pretty bad ones. Then they judge me for not going forward with persuing them like no I don't want to work 12 hours or at night or in a job I feel would not fit me when I want to be the best worker I can be. "B-b-but you're not opening up.." Yes I'm not opening up to borderline abusive work.

Op are you looking for investors? Have you started and affiliated LLC or Corporation?

Yes I am incorporated

Yes I'm looking for investors

Very interesting OP, I would be kind of annoyed at how I can't find recruiters that match my specialization, aren't on google maps, ARE on google maps but have no website... you get the idea.

So all the info on a single website, + the ability to rate them. has potential.

Do you have a business plan you could send to potential investor? Wht amount of money are you looking for in exchange for what type of equity (what do you value the company at)? what kind of investor are you after, active or passive? How are the bylaws written?

This is also great timing as i've heard that it is now a jobseeker's market in the US.

These are hard questions to answer today.
I have a 22 minutes video presentation of the product with A LOT more features which kind of gives hints where I want to go with this.
I did my competitive advantages, competition etc. I believe I have the right picture.
For the money man it's hard to tell, but I believe, to put a small team together and get the ball rolling for a year and bring the product to another level, we'd be talking about around 450K I believe.
So if we say 450K I believe that would be at this stage for somewhere between 30 to 40% of the company.
As for the type of investors, active or passive, I don't know.. Someone who can help with motivation, connections and stuff but not someone who wants to take control over on the day to day activities/operations.

Thanks user
Don't forget to share

>no trademark on name
>have $1000 CAD spare

Should I ruin his idea?

You're giving yourself over a million valuation.

Is the based on income? Growth? Perceived future income based on perceived future growth?

I think the idea sounds like a good one, especially if there is a large recruiter market, and your product looks good to
me. I'll be honest, I'm imterested simply because I've done a all traditional investing in the market and realestate and I've reached the point financially where I'm looking into expanding into newer and riskier opportunities with higher potential returns. But I'm just trying to get a feel for your business acumen.

A company not making money isn't worth a million.

It is based on the hours already spent, market research and what it would cost to mr no-tech-knowledge if he would walk into a computer shop and ask to have that product built from scratch. Remember, what is online now is like 20% of the product I have here on my local station...
So the product is already online and will get monthly updates/features.

>A company not making money isn't worth a million.

I think it's not true anymore with the internet. A lot of startups made no money, whether it's a shitty chat app or some other crap and still they got bought for millions to billions with NO PRIOR REVENUE

Those are 1 in 100,000 start-up tech companies. I'm not saying it wouldn't be you, I'm just saying that unless you have huge usership or growth, that with no revenue you might want to reconsider your valuation, for now at least, in order to attract that kind of investment (unless you have some influential connections)

The valuation is really at this point just to run a team of 4 people with offices, hardware etc. for 1 year.
It's not even about getting money in my pocket right now.
I don't really know what else to say. As stated before I really don't understand the whole funding meme:
>I see startups getting up to 500K in VCs with no revenue yet
>I see startups getting $$$ on a product without revenue yet just at prototype or idea stage
>I see BS startups getting $$$ because woman CEO
>B-b-but investors don't want to invest on something not making money
>B-b-but investor don't invest in a guy, they invest in a team
>...
Every time I read something, I read or be told the exact opposite 5 min later.

No, you're right. You're a retard to accept angel or VC if your company is profitable unless you're growing so rapidly to the point it's detrimental to your current business

Your "business" has no value. I don't mean that in a pejorative way, I mean that literally. You have no revenue stream (ads from recruiters badmouthed on your site?) and no potential source of revenue. Did you even incorporate? Business plan?

Buy your .org, .net, and the others too. Try not to post on the internet before your're launched. Trademark relevant properties.

You've never heard of rakuten either, I assume. Your name is suspiciously similar, IMO.

Concept is actually pretty good. But it's about execution. You can't code. Work with someone who can.

Good luck - I hope you'll encounter success :)

you REALLY need to watch shark tank. like, it seems like a joke, but you'll see yourself on that show getting trashed by the sharks and you'll realize you want to be the other guys where the sharks are happy to ask questions.

i mean you might be able to value yourself at 10k right now.

value comes from doing actual business, not from dreams.

Most of them are also connected to Goldman Sachs, Andreesen Horowitz or other big Tech VC. A lot of those companies are in many ways kind of like those boy bands put together by record labels.

It has to do with cashing out at the IPO. It's complicated.

Yup I understand the IPO "scam" haha I've watched the wolf of all street

10K no, nothing can be made with 10K. You don't get what I have only for 10K.
Also I'm not "dreaming" only, I'm actually working my butt off...
But thanks for the tips, I'll watch some eps

rakuten, the jap shit? has nothing to do with what I do, why would I care?
>Concept is actually pretty good. But it's about execution. You can't code. Work with someone who can.
What?

His real value is actually negative, which is fine. He started last week.

Shark tank is bullshit. Mark Cuban won the fucking lottery with a bullshit internet radio company broadcast.com that Yahoo bought at $5.7b e.g. 10k/user. He got his foot in the door by throwing a check at some guy for 10k that said "for 2%". The guy can't even code.

Some of them are legit entrepreneurs (Cuban's not, he seriously just got lucky during the tech equivalent of tulipmania) but it's still a TV show for entertainment.

i mean more that if he sold to some chump, he could probably get 10k

mark may have gotten very lucky, but that was like ten years ago? im pretty sure he's been doing a lot of business since then, and is still a great source of money...

Kevin is a fucking scam artist that got even luckier. (having to avoid legal consequences) Though, even then, he is still very knowledgeable about business.

your page looks like shit without JS.

>without JS.
fuck off

last bump before bed :)

bump of the day

fedorabump